Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95F9DCD6-A0D4-4A73-A76E-041041D9D52A (resized).jpeg
    45DD7F2E-3C88-4DDB-8416-396D7AC868D7 (resized).jpeg
    6B2C5773-99C3-49F6-BB18-D987C741A006.jpeg
    giphy (5) (resized).png
    Franch.png
    5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png
    43BA33CC-D487-4E5F-934C-9FECCE409414 (resized).jpeg
    6F5D0CAF-4A4E-4610-97F7-A6304DB32357 (resized).jpeg
    03B14C00-02EB-4C6E-8323-B783486A6949 (resized).jpeg
    d5848f34373491_5605fb1a89eea.png
    D86D9AD2-31D1-49FA-BDF4-42E403ABD57F (resized).jpeg
    11966836_900x1200 (resized).jpg
    both.gif
    fridge (resized).jpeg
    CD3B267A-5A2D-4AA6-BD79-7046A20D2EEC (resized).jpeg
    wwcf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 4 years ago

I don't understand how photorealistic painting of movie art is any better than photoshopping movie studio assets when it comes to a pinball playfield.

Does it require an amazing amount of artistic talent? Yes, absolutely.
    Does it make for interesting pinball art? No, not at all.

Brian Allen's work posted in this thread is far better suited to pinball.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This is what he said... this is the edited one. The original called out George Gomez.
    [quoted image]

Would make a great Spooky or JJP title.

#153 4 years ago

Well, I'm glad my simple question asking for some confirmation has devolved into childish name calling, complaining and downvote parties... Pinside is fun! :/

#154 4 years ago

On the subject of Trudeau.

What Trudeau did had "zero" effect on my Ghostbusters NIB sales. As a matter of fact that game has been/was one of our very best selling Stern games for us of all time. The theme, audio, appearance and game play of that game was a ringer for first time home buyers in our store as it was a time less theme everyone knew and could relate too. Home buyers for the most part have no idea who the designers and artists are on these games. To them the game is fun and or cool, or it's not. Last thing I'm going to do is sabotage a sale by stating "Oh by the way...do you know what the designer of this game has been accused of?"

Case and point. Ghostbusters on our showroom floor never lasted very long at all.

If those that sold their Ghostbusters did sell it second hand because of what Trudeau did. It was sold second hand...and that too would have zero effect to Stern Pinball. Actually it might work more in their favor. Sold Ghostbusters, WWE, Mustang, etc......to purchase a New Stern to replace it with.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

What Trudeau did had "zero" effect on my Ghostbusters NIB sales. As a matter of fact that game has been/was one of our very best selling Stern games for us of all time. The theme, audio, appearance and game play of that game was a ringer for first time home buyers in our store as it was a time less theme everyone knew and could relate too. Ghostbusters on our showroom floor never lasted very long at all.
    If those that sold their Ghostbusters did sell it second hand because of what Trudeau did. It was sold second hand...and that too would have zero effect to Stern Pinball.

Yeah but Stern also stopped manufacturing the game very quickly. Seems odd for such a juggernaut license that was a huge seller, no?

I think the obvious reason they stopped production so relatively soon was because of the Trudeau crimes. People can say it's because of the code/layout or whatever, but it's the PR of selling a game by an alleged pedophile who did later plead guilty to assaulting a minor. (And I think Stern made the right choice)

Anyways, Franchi wasn't fired for not being "PC" or whatever (that term has no meaning anymore). It was simple poor professional form. You don't throw your business partners under the bus when you don't like how things went down.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but Stern also stopped manufacturing the game very quickly. Seems odd for such a juggernaut license that was a huge seller, no?
    I think the obvious reason they stopped production so relatively soon was because of the Trudeau crimes. People can say it's because of the code/layout or whatever, but it's the PR of selling a game by an alleged pedophile who did later plead guilty to assaulting a minor family member. (And I think Stern made the right choice)
    Anyways, Franchi wasn't fired for not being "PC" or whatever (that term has no meaning anymore). It was simple poor professional form. You don't throw your business partners under the bus when you don't like how things went down.

The game was still being produced when I took a tour two months ago. While not as many on the line as Munsters, Iron Maiden, or Deadpool, it was there as well as Star Trek.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

The game was still being produced when I took a tour two months ago. While not as many on the line as Munsters, Iron Maiden, or Deadpool, it was there as well as Star Trek.

Still being produced or they had some extra parts in their testing area? Stern has had Ghostbusters in the "archive" of their games on the website for at least a year now.

The Star Trek is a vault edition

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Well, I'm glad my simple question asking for some confirmation has devolved into childish name calling, complaining and downvote parties... Pinside is fun! :/

The more things change around here, the more they stay the same.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Now that it's out there, I'll go ahead and say it. To answer your question: At MGC Jeremy Packer told me that Christopher Franchi quit the week before. That's when he did his fb post about Beetlejuice. I had it confirmed by Zach Meny (friend of franchi) and Brett Abess from JJP had also heard about it. Sounds like he quit for real this time.

Also, ZombieYeti told me that he just started working on a game at Stern (currently just on one project). He said that game won't be coming out this year (likely next), and that the license is one that he has not heard a rumor for yet. Pretty Cool!

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Still being produced or they had some extra parts in their testing area? Stern has had Ghostbusters in the "archive" of their games on the website for at least a year now.
    The Star Trek is a vault edition

I didn't ask, also had what were probably the final Metallica as well, a handful of DMD machines rolling down the line.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the short run time had more to do with the display change for Stern company wide then anything else. Are there any of the DMD games being produced currently? Metallica and Star Trek VE were the last ones I could think of and neither have been on the line recently...

#162 4 years ago

One might say the RZ playfield looks like the art budget ran out and they just cobbled it together with whatever they had leftover.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the short run time had more to do with the display change for Stern company wide then anything else. Are there any of the DMD games being produced currently? Metallica and Star Trek VE were the last ones I could think of and neither have been on the line recently...

They were still making Metallica and ACDC when Ghostbusters was mothballed. I'm pretty sure ST VE was announced after GB had stopped. I think many people are expecting another DMD VE to come out soonish.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Awesome! Some Iceman ranting!
    Haven’t seen any for a while!
    Have a beer for me Icey!

rd

Thanks RD

Question gets asked "is Franci out at Stern", and the pc police babies come out of the woodworks attacking the guy for nonsense.

Pathetic. Why should I care? I don’t. Just an observation.

People can attack me all they want I don’t care but at least get it right..... put the “beer can down”, that’s all I drink! No bottles

And btw I was pounding sand last weekend at the beach, it was “sand fest” festival time! I was also pounding beers

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Now that it's out there, I'll go ahead and say it. To answer your question: At MGC Jeremy Packer told me that Christopher Franchi quit the week before. That's when he did his fb post about Beetlejuice. I had it confirmed by Zach Meny (friend of franchi) and Brett Abess from JJP had also heard about it. Sounds like he quit for real this time.
    Also, ZombieYeti told me that he just started working on a game at Stern (currently just on one project). He said that game won't be coming out this year (likely next), and that the license is one that he has not heard a rumor for yet. Pretty Cool!

If I ever meet you at a show or something remind me to not talk to you about anything I'm not happy to have posted for the whole world to read.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If I ever meet you at a show or something remind me to not talk to you about anything I'm not happy to have posted for the whole world to read.

It is a free service offered. Indirect leaking. Stern uses it all the time. Sometimes to find out who the moles are, other times to announce but not really announce.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

One might say the RZ playfield looks like the art budget ran out and they just cobbled it together with whatever they had leftover.

Which is to say...zero?

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

At MGC Jeremy Packer told me that Christopher Franchi quit the week before... Also that he just started working on a game at Stern. He said that game won't be coming out this year, and that the license is one that he has not heard a rumor for yet.

stern insider all-access program finally paying dividends!

#169 4 years ago

The last build of Ghostbusters, AC/DC and Metallica's were in the late fall. I remember specifically as Stern announced to us these were last call games and were reaching out to distributors to see if we wanted to purchase any from those games final runs.

It only makes sense that these were last call games as they were/are phasing out the DMD era games. At that time they were announcing a future build of Star Trek pro and premium. To which I believe we have seen now...and I'm pretty sure whatever remaining stock they have of "The Final Voyage" will be the end for Star Trek as well.

I don't believe ending the production of Ghostbusters had anything to do with Trudeau but had to do with the end of the DMD era titles.

As the saying goes "out with the old, in with the new"

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Therrrrrre ya go... That's all I wanted, some confirmation from a second source. Now we can all go back to bashing WOZ YBR, Wonka's H, or Munsters' simple rule set... Ok everyone, pack it up, we're all done here...

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Therrrrrre ya go... That's all I wanted, some confirmation from a second source. Now we can all go back to bashing WOZ YBR, Wonka's H, or Munsters' simple rule set... Ok everyone, pack it up, we're all done here...

Naaah... OP just change the title to;

"Is Franchi Out at Stern?! Who do you think should replace him?"

And then people can post pics of artist with similar talent.
    What other artist could match Franchi's luster?

Mike Fudge has an against the grain style that would work well with pinball.

https://medium.com/@megderbbs/modern-tribesman-an-interview-with-artist-mike-fudge-64476a9237df

1.jpg1.jpg
    QO4.jpgQO4.jpg
    1_eq7DHFjpBpptFOiD6lSXUg.png1_eq7DHFjpBpptFOiD6lSXUg.png

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Mike Fudge has an against the grain style that would work well with pinball.

I like it. But does he only do back-to-back poses? Might be a bit limiting ...

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I like it. But does he only do back-to-back poses? Might be a bit limiting ...

I see what your saying, but his detail is off the charts on other illustrations. His line work is unique and has a certain flow to it.

#174 4 years ago

This has been entertaining, so I didn't say anything sooner. No, I didn't quit Stern. If you care to know what's going on, tune in to Slap Save Pinball Podcast Monday morning. I'll give you what you want to know. In the meantime, I know I can always look forward to comments like "Big deal, he's replaceable. Anybody can do pinball art" when I retire. You may now go back to eating that bag of chips resting on your gut, while you get grease all over your keyboards talking shit about that which you have no clue of. Good day!

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

This has been entertaining, so I didn't say anything sooner. No, I didn't quit Stern. If you care to know what's going on, tune in to Slap Save Pinball Podcast Monday morning. I'll give you what you want to know. In the meantime, I know I can always look forward to comments like "Big deal, he's replaceable. Anybody can do pinball art" when I retire. You may now go back to eating that bag of chips resting on your gut, while you get grease all over your keyboards talking shit about that which you have no clue of. Good day!

Quoted just because of how epic this comment is, so awesome.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

Burn them bridges!

I like your style Chris, even if it's probably going to do more damage than help. I at least get a 20 min podcast to enjoy while I make clacky noises on my greasy work keyboard

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

Everyone has his haters, don't pay attention.
    That Beetlejuice translite was awesome!

Now I'll go back eating that cheese resting on my table!

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

You may now go back to eating that bag of chips resting on your gut, while you get grease all over your keyboards talking shit about that which you have no clue of.

8F194D01-B788-433F-B51D-558067FC9EB4.gif8F194D01-B788-433F-B51D-558067FC9EB4.gif
    Hey! I represent that remark!

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

...talking shit about that which you have no clue of.

This solitary bit is the most disappointing part of all the nonsense in this thread. Never end a sentence with a preposition. It's just not civilized.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

You may now go back to eating that bag of chips resting on your gut, while you get grease all over your keyboards talking shit about that which you have no clue of. Good day!

LOL.....

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
    #181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

If you care to know what's going on, tune in to Slap Save Pinball Podcast Monday morning. I'll give you what you want to know.

EPIC post! You have my attention and I will tune in, but could you also talk about the different types of “flipper codes” for Munsters that you guys alluded to at the TPF lecture. This is what I want to know.
    PLz/ThX

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've been sitting on it for over a month. Kaneda broke the news. So get off your high "H" horse. This isn't top secret information or betrayal of anyone's trust. Go back to critiquing bullshit that nobody cares about. It's responses like this that make me refrain from sharing any actual news on here. It's like people would rather read snarky responses and conjecture.

#183 4 years ago

Seems to be an inordinate amouny of angry people in this hobby.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I like this guys art style as well names Dano it seems.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s that’s awesome stuff man. Saw zz top with forgery last summer.

#185 4 years ago

I like his art. It's great for pinball.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's responses like this that make me refrain from sharing any actual news on here. It's like people would rather read snarky responses and conjecture.

Can't we do all of it? Snarky responses, conjecture, AND news? It feels like that's the right mix. Doesn't it?

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I've been sitting on it for over a month.

Do you want a medal?

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Do you want a medal?

More like "Do you wanna meddle?"

#189 4 years ago

Monday mornings are when Mom wakes me up and makes me leave the basement to clean up. Hoping to get updates on what happened via Pinside. Thx in advance.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Do you want a medal?

Could you make me one? That would be effing special.

The people rushing to spill their guts for attention are the medal seekers. OR just people that average over 10 posts a day for 6 years.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

Could you make me one? That would be effing special.
    The people rushing to spill their guts for attention are the medal seekers. OR just people that average over 10 posts a day for 6 years.

@ltg? You hear that? You're an attention-seeker. You've been fingered.

#192 4 years ago

Ya'll need to work on your people skills...

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

@ltg? You hear that? You're an attention-seeker. You've been fingered.

You just tagged the guy that helps everyone. Lloyd definitely deserves a medal.

If half of what you posted was remotely useful, you could associate yourself with Lloyd. He gets a medal. You get a cookie with a giant V and sprinkles on it.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

Look forward to the news.
    Sadly, there will be 12 more hours of speculation now.

#195 4 years ago

3B25BF60-47EF-4A65-AB6A-2D2FBD18C109.gif3B25BF60-47EF-4A65-AB6A-2D2FBD18C109.gif

#196 4 years ago

LIONMAN!!!!

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

You just tagged the guy that helps everyone. Lloyd definitely deserves a medal.
    If half of what you posted was remotely useful, you could associate yourself with Lloyd. He gets a medal. You get a cookie with a giant V and sprinkles on it.

That's the problem with general statements like the one you made. I was ready to enjoy my sprinkle cookie with LTG, and now instead he gets a medal and I have a cookie, which is awkward.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

Clue that Franchi's going to JJP? Hmmmm..

wwcf (resized).jpgwwcf (resized).jpg
    #199 4 years ago

Back to being off topic, as far as artists I'd like to see do some pinball art...I'd take almost anyone that Primus trusts to do a gig poster.

https://www.google.com/search?q=primus+gig+posters&client=ms-android-att-aio-us&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdveHV_IDiAhWS4J4KHdRWAN0Q_AUoAnoECA0QAg&biw=360&bih=518

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks RD
    Question gets asked "is Franci out at Stern", and the pc police babies come out of the woodworks attacking the guy for nonsense.
    Pathetic. Why should I care? I don’t. Just an observation.
    People can attack me all they want I don’t care but at least get it right..... put the “beer can down”, that’s all I drink! No bottles
    And btw I was pounding sand last weekend at the beach, it was “sand fest” festival time! I was also pounding beers

Of all the things I've read in this thread,this post was the most appalling. Cans over bottles, Ice?!?? You are a sick SOB!!

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-franchi-out-at-stern-/page/4?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.