Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 466 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95F9DCD6-A0D4-4A73-A76E-041041D9D52A (resized).jpeg
    45DD7F2E-3C88-4DDB-8416-396D7AC868D7 (resized).jpeg
    6B2C5773-99C3-49F6-BB18-D987C741A006.jpeg
    giphy (5) (resized).png
    Franch.png
    5de8a12df980c086fdcc9588a027a34b (resized).png
    43BA33CC-D487-4E5F-934C-9FECCE409414 (resized).jpeg
    6F5D0CAF-4A4E-4610-97F7-A6304DB32357 (resized).jpeg
    03B14C00-02EB-4C6E-8323-B783486A6949 (resized).jpeg
    d5848f34373491_5605fb1a89eea.png
    D86D9AD2-31D1-49FA-BDF4-42E403ABD57F (resized).jpeg
    11966836_900x1200 (resized).jpg
    both.gif
    fridge (resized).jpeg
    CD3B267A-5A2D-4AA6-BD79-7046A20D2EEC (resized).jpeg
    wwcf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Interesting that you mention this as I am currently working with Brian Holderman on retheming a Stern Meteor.

Holy crap! I hit that one square on the head, huh? Is there a restoration thread on your site or here on Pinside?
    Also, it looks like I need to buy another t-shirt.

#102 4 years ago

I actually would like to see more artists used instead of the same few over and over. I do like Franchi and Yeti but cool to see something different as long as it's real art and not some intern using mspaint.

#103 4 years ago

The Holderman stuff is ok, but on a pinball machine? I don't see that working at all. Reminds me of Powder Puff Girls.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Holy crap! I hit that one square on the head, huh? Is there a restoration thread on your site or here on Pinside?
    Also, it looks like I need to buy another t-shirt.

I just announced this project on our podcast. I'll be happy to start a thread when there is something to show. Right now we are in the very beginning stages. My goal is to have the pin ready for Chicagoland Pinball Expo in 2020.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Interesting that you mention this as I am currently working with Brian Holderman on retheming a Stern Meteor. He has also done the artwork for our podcast t-shirt which has been popular. Not trying to advertise here so I apologize in advance. I am a huge fan of Holderman and Franchi.[quoted image]

That shirt is sweet! I want one but is FB the only way to get one? I refuse to use FB or any of that other Twit Insta Snap social media crap

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I refuse to use FB or any of that other social media crap.

Me too. I've never been on FB. I'm lucky to even be here on Pinside.

#107 4 years ago

Social Media is a tool, and if you use it properly its very useful just like any tool. Lots of great pinball news and deals come from social media. It is true some people should just never have say a hammer in their hand. They are just not capable and will inevitable crack themselves in the head with it.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

The Holderman stuff is ok, but on a pinball machine? I don't see that working at all. Reminds me of Powder Puff Girls.

I had to google Powder Puff Girls to see for myself - I dont see that resemblance at all....

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

He'd be great for pinball. Does he still do commercial work?
    .................David Marston

I am not sure, but I'd love to see some work on a machine.

banggggggggg (resized).jpgbanggggggggg (resized).jpg
    #110 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

My favorite Power Puff Girls episode was the one with all the topless girls intent on murder, so that does make sense.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Social Media is a tool, and if you use it properly its very useful just like any tool

It’s definitely a tool which is used by many tools, including the girl clothes wearing, horse-faced podcaster in Manhattan.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I am not sure, but I'd love to see some work on a machine.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That Blink 182 poster is really great

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

That shirt is sweet! I want one but is FB the only way to get one? I refuse to use FB or any of that other Twit Insta Snap social media crap

The goal here isn't to sell t-shirts but if you'd like one just PM me. Thanks.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I don't agree with this post...

Me either. It's completely abused as something other than that.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/
    Brian Allen gets my vote for next art package at Stern (or anywhere)!

I would vote Brian Allen also. His art on the Rethemed Dredd to Breaking Bad looked great. I follow him on Instagram and he has a great style I think would be perfect for any pinball company.

2019-05-02_17.35.08 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.35.08 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.40.40 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.40.40 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.41.49 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.41.49 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.42.26 (resized).jpg2019-05-02_17.42.26 (resized).jpg
    #116 4 years ago

Anything beats the return of Austin Powers era art on Wonka.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

In JJP's defense they didn't use a dot matrix printer like Austin Powers did.

And umm...it's better looking than WOZ' art? Maybe?

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe, but don't mess with Elvira 3. It better be Greg Freres artwork on Elvira 3.

Absolutely. There's some things that require a certain level of continuity to get it right.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I wouldn't say Wonka looks that bad, but it sure as hell isn't a vast improvement either.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

It’s definitely a tool which is used by many tools, including the girl clothes wearing, horse-faced podcaster in Manhattan.

Baba-booey has a podcast?!

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

Baba-booey has a podcast?!

He said "horse-faced", not "horse-toothed".

#122 4 years ago

What did Franchi say that has all of you babies panties in a wad?

There would not be 1 less pinball machine sold because of what a good dude like Franchi might have said.

Some of you people need to get off of your self righteous high horse and look in the mirror!

What a joke that is........

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There would not be 1 less pinball machine sold because of what a good dude like Franchi might have said.
    Some of you people need to get off of your self righteous high horse and look in the mirror!
    What a joke that is........

Irony!

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know what he said or even care - I am just here to look at all the cool artwork from other artists.

#125 4 years ago

Exactly, I would align 100% with Franchi. Because he tells it like it is.

All the PC dopes that want to crybaby over what someone says or thinks? Pathetic

Btw, make a contribution to Pinside Rooster

#126 4 years ago

This is what he said... this is the edited one. The original called out George Gomez.

A9001812-A337-4E84-A452-D5A613861C23 (resized).pngA9001812-A337-4E84-A452-D5A613861C23 (resized).png

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This is what he said...
    [quoted image]

What's the problem? Artists are sensitive crybabies too.

Franchi whined about it and so what?

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, I would align 100% with Franchi. Because he tells it like it is.
    All the PC dopes that want to crybaby over what someone says or thinks? Pathetic
    Btw, make a contribution to Pinside Rooster

Yea I actually need too. Consider it done.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Franchi's mouth is a liability to Stern. I've seen him post some pretty cringe-worthy comments on social media. Stern doesn't need their own monkey drama after skating through the Trudeau thing unscathed.

You contribute nothing. WTF are even talking about

"Cringe worthy" to you? Who cares

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You contribute nothing. WTF are even talking about

Put the bottle down Ice, you're talking out your ass again.

Coming from someone who fed K a bunch of lies that he in turn reported, that's pretty rich. You're pathetic.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Put the bottle down Ice, you're talking out your ass again.

Pretty judgmental for someone who is clueless.

You talked out of your ass about "social media" comments.

You attack someone for what? Put the crack pipe down

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Pretty judgmental for someone who is clueless.
    You talked out of your ass about "social media" comments.
    You attack someone for what? Put the crack pipe down

The post above isn't what I'm talking about, ice. Chill the F out. He made some sexually inappropriate comments on a post about Trudeau recently that was quite cringey. So bugger off. You're something else man. Grow up.

#133 4 years ago

Cue the popcorn memes.

#134 4 years ago
    AE328B9E-0AEA-4D55-A7EF-D5C5B76CF267 (resized).jpegAE328B9E-0AEA-4D55-A7EF-D5C5B76CF267 (resized).jpeg
    #135 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The post above isn't what I'm talking about, ice. Chill the F out. He made some sexually inappropriate comments on a post about Trudeau recently that was quite cringey. So bugger off. You're something else man. Grow up.

Why is Stern responsible for Trudeaus actions? Or lucky they came out unscathed? Are you saying Stern knew about them, yet enabled? If not, then leave Stern out of it. If so, provide documentation to the authorities..

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Why is Stern responsible for Trudeaus actions? Or lucky they came out unscathed? Are you saying Stern knew about them, yet enabled? If not, then leave Stern out of it. If so, provide documentation to the authorities..

People sold their Trudeau games because of what he did. It absolutely had an effect on Stern, right or not. Read back over all the posts on here when that news broke. Some people flipped out.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

People sold their Trudeau games because of what he did. It absolutely had an effect on Stern, right or not. Read back over all the posts on here when that news broke. Some people flipped out.

Those games were second hand. The only effect on Stern and other manufacturers, is that those people now had money and space to buy a new pin. I thought you were saying that Stern should be somehow be responsible. Carry on..

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Those games were second hand. The only effect on Stern and other manufacturers, is that those people now had money and space to buy a new pin. I thought you were saying that Stern should be somehow be responsible. Carry on..

Um, what about Ghostbusters? But yes, that's what I meant otherwise.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Um, what about Ghostbusters?

What about it? Was he charged at that point? Was he in prison when he designed it? Again, if you have facts that Stern knew and allowed it to happen, that matters. If he was simply an employee, then I again ask, how is Stern involved? My job is my job, my life is my life and the job is a small part of it. Can't wait until its zero part of my life.

#140 4 years ago

You people attack someone for what? Somebody that can't even defend himself

Who are you?

Pathetic, sad and disgusting

#141 4 years ago

Trying to equate Trudeau with Franchi? Come on Costanza

Crazy people

I LOVE my GBLE

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What's the problem? Artists are sensitive crybabies too.
    Franchi whined about it and so what?

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.55.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.55.56 PM (resized).png
    #143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Absolutely. There's some things that require a certain level of continuity to get it right.

It’s true.

The art on Revenge from Mars don’t look right cause they used a different artist.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You people attack someone for what? Somebody that can't even defend himself
    Who are you?
    Pathetic, sad and disgusting

Who exactly are you sticking up for?

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s true.
    The art on Revenge from Mars don’t look right cause they used a different artist.

Is Doug Watson still working in pinball? I thought he helped with the topper on AFMrLE

#146 4 years ago

Awesome! Some Iceman ranting!

Haven’t seen any for a while!

Have a beer for me Icey!

rd

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Rob Zombie is a good example of fabulous backglass and cabinet art, not so great playfield art.

You're WAY too kind. That Rob Zombie playfield art is ATROCIOUS. It's all the more of a stark contrast given the nice cab and backglass art.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That Rob Zombie playfield art is ATROCIOUS.

and DARK.

IMG_20181013_120852 (resized).jpgIMG_20181013_120852 (resized).jpg
    #149 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

and DARK.[quoted image]

I'm okay with dark art, you can use spotlights to brighten it a bit. But that playfield art is just SO barren and terrible for a pinball playfield. It's much worse than the first pass Hobbit playfields that were eventually almost totally redone. I was literally just wondering yesterday if people would buy a redone playfield with good art that matches the quality level of the cabinet and backglass. I think the terrible playfield and meh software are really depressing resale on the RZ machines.

There are 466 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-franchi-out-at-stern-/page/3?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.