(Topic ID: 73622)

Is Flipper Mcgill's in danger of closing?

By Russell

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I love Flipper McGill's, the pinball arcade in Idaho Springs, CO. I always stop on my way to and from the mountains. I recently noticed a bunch of games for sale on CL from Idaho Springs. Several, including TZ, Tron, Ripley's, Phantom of the Opera and Star Trek. I wondered if they were just making some changes in game selection, or if it was something more ominous. I was there recently. The bartender suggested that business had been slow, and there were rumors about possible closing on Jan 1. That would be a shame. I would think that traffic would pick up during the upcoming ski season. I would hate to lose such a nice pinball location. They have a great selection of games. If any pinsiders are in the area, or planning a trip to the mountains, make a trip to FM. Play some games, drink some beer. The burgers are fantastic. Let's save a great pinball location!

#2 6 years ago

I would hope not, I didn't hear anything from a lot of my local peeps who seem to keep in touch with Corey fairly regularly. After opening the new place just earlier this year, it is way awesome, love swinging by there when I can.

#3 6 years ago

That place is awesome, I really hope they stick around. We stay in Silverthorne in the summer and discovering Flipper McGills last year was one of the highlights of the trip.

#4 6 years ago

I've seen them list multiple games on Craigslist in the past, but I believe that last time they did that it was before they closed down for the first time. They were originally open in a different location down the street sans bar and rill. Might just be looking to rotate games and sell a few, hope they aren't going under.

#5 6 years ago

Uhg. I hope not!

That place is awesome!

#6 6 years ago

I had heard that operating hours were sketchy and that they were often closed when hours indicated they should be open.

I saw the CL posts and thought there were too many for sale for it to be normal rotation. I'll try to get up there this week and check things out. I have heard the food is pretty good.

#7 6 years ago

Well, Maldorer is the owner so hopefully he will chime in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 49.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside