8E5A8CBE-40D9-453D-8A10-490D53BF38CB (resized).jpeg
zzzzimage-4 (resized).jpg
zzzBackglass (resized).jpg
16159409387464959360133392863301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201123_202612220 (resized).jpg
Man (resized).jpg
829f1 (resized).jpg
zzzil_1588xN.2893343144_46oq (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 3 years ago

The only person who knows if Fathom is worth it is you. I did not really care for Centaur and the instant that I sold it, I started looking for a Fathom.

I grew tired of EBD but it took a long time. I never did like the design of Quicksilver, Star Gazer, or Seawitch, even when they were $1500 titles.

I think Skateball, Flash Gordon and Frontier are all very good games. I would consider owning one if I sold something else.

But, a ton of classic Bally machines are all very similar. Finding the perfect game for you that compilations your collection could take years or even decades. In my opinion you CAN have too many. I typically prefer to own 2-3 of each pinball era/company and look for games I can't seem to play locally.

IMO, Harlem is the FIRST SOLID STATE pinball that can/should be considered a tournament game that you can set up extremely difficult.

On some other opinions of classic Sterns/Bally machines others listed... a lot of the other games mentioned are great but I can't justify owning most of them. Pinball takes up quite a bit of space!

One game that I think is fantastic that was not already mentioned is Mystic. There is just something great about that game.

Oh, and whomever thinks Galaxy is not a fantastic game, you are wrong.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I don't know. I have never played one. That's why i am asking those with experience. I have watched gameplay and wasnt impressed with the machine on the gameplay video. It looked slow to me. probably not set up correctly but i don't want to spend 5500 and end up with another space invaders.

I mean yes... I would never buy anything for 5500 until I played it but that's just me I guess.

#105 3 years ago

I don’t blame you for holding off on Williams until 85ish High Speed, when they completely blew away all other machines from that point, all the way through 1999... even though there are a lot of good Williams titles from the early 80’s, there are only a few that feel epic to me. Bally/Stern had a better percentage of great machines from 77-84.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Fathom, as attractive as it is takes a close 2nd place to Xenon in my opinion.

I am an artist. To me, pinball is not just art. It was never intended to just be art. Some pinball has good art but unfortunately Silverball Mania, Xenon, and Space Invaders are all pinball machines with good backglass art that all play bad, and I mean really bad! None of the 3 are worth playing. Now, if you played the backglass...

And no matter how much you want pinball to be about art, it’s not just about that, it’s about playing good pinball and if it has cool art, that is a plus... If it was solely about being art, you wouldn’t play it, you would just observe it.

I don’t mind horrible pinball art as long as it plays fun... I mean why is the object there??? Not about the art. It works one way but not in the other direction very well.

Oh, and Mata Hari is fun but a few friends of mine have one I can play so I don’t feel like it’s a must own game for me.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Combine that with beautiful artwork, good gameplay

Mostly disagree. The backglass is cool... good gameplay--> I personally do not think so.

#154 3 years ago

Meteor is a decent choice but I fear eventually you will grow weary and tired of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-fathom-worth-the-?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.