8E5A8CBE-40D9-453D-8A10-490D53BF38CB (resized).jpeg
zzzzimage-4 (resized).jpg
zzzBackglass (resized).jpg
16159409387464959360133392863301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201123_202612220 (resized).jpg
Man (resized).jpg
829f1 (resized).jpg
zzzil_1588xN.2893343144_46oq (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

Wrong thread, but since this thread has a bunch of SS Bally enthusiasts in it...

Is it possible to upgrade the flippers on all these old Ballys? I have a whole row of them, and I love them, but all the flippers are so mushy. Supposedly changing the linkages was supposed to help, but I swapped them out and the flippers don't feel any different. I actually think my Paragon feels better than all the others. Are the flippers in that game supposed to be different and can they be ported to all the '81 Ballys? I'm just looking for a way to make the Bally flippers feel snappy.

To answer the thread, I think Fathom is worth it. Paragon is my fav, but Fathom is really cool and fun. Centaur may be the one I feel is overrated.
SO. MUCH. MULTIBALL.

#96 3 years ago

Does anyone have a list of the classic Bally/Stern games where someone has written new rules? I saw something about Flash Gordon getting modes and a wizard mode a week or so ago, that looks cool. And some guy has done a few of the Stern games (Stars, Trident, Meteor, etc). Those look fun too.

I'm not really counting stuff like Nineball that someone is working on now, or the "home" versions of Fathom, Centaur, Embryon, etc. Those seem to be 95% the same game with an extra rule, like a multiplier or a skillshot.

I've loved this '78 - '82 era of games for a long time, but being able to dual boot to a re-imagined version with completely new rules is a really cool thing. I wish someone would write some mode-based rules for the popular Bally games. Some really great playfields that would be amazing with more contemporary rules.

So, does anyone have a working list of other games where someone has added "modern" rules?

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What do the targets on the left & the drops on the right do in Medusa? I seriously have no idea and I've played the game 100s of times and literally played it Monday night.
EDIT: Jesus it's even on my wanted list.

They also have to do with the two readout numbers in the center of the playfield. I'd love someone to write new code for this game. It is a *bit* one note with the upper drops now, but it could have a lot more potential. The playfield is still a bit closed off, so the rules would probably still be limited, but it could certainly broaden your approach. Regardless, I like Medusa. Certainly not my fav of the era, but...

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

It all boils down to personal preference.
Anything can get old. And will.
I dont keep these to play 10x a night.
[quoted image]

Oh Jesus...you're the guy with the studded Centaur. LOL! Most of my pinball playing involves too much alcohol to be up close and personal to that many sharp objects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 90.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-fathom-worth-the-?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.