(Topic ID: 237475)

Is Farsight still in business?

By PismoArcade

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

No news on their website in a very long time. Weren't they supposed to release WNBJM over a year ago?

#2 5 years ago

They did on the Pinball Arcade

#3 5 years ago

Pinball arcade hasnt done much since they lost the Bally Williams license. Last update was WNBJM and Big Buck Hunter, that was a while ago.......

#4 5 years ago

I really liked playing PA on my phone. It sucks how they lost the license but business is business I guess. Say what you will but they did a lot of good for the pinball hobby in general. They made people remember these games again. I hope they don't die but I don't really see how much more they could do unless Gary Stern opens the whole Data East, Sega, Stern Electronics, Stern Pinball library to them.

#5 5 years ago

I've been a beta tester for them since the first tables came out. Every month I'd get an email to test the new tables before they became public. I haven't received an email in months, and my beta has now been turned off by them. Not sure what's going on over there.

#6 5 years ago

They posted a photo on Facebook this past week visiting George Gomez and Brian Eddy at Stern. So they’re presumably working with them still. I thought I heard a while back they were trying to work with Stern to get more of the newer games out, and Stern was helping with licensing stuff.

#7 5 years ago

People that purchased DLC for Stern Pinball Arcade weren't getting their games, the problem was on FarSights side and they were acting like they had to fix the server and add the games to the purchasers accounts one at a time (which is borderline ridiculous). They eventually just stopped replying.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/564010/discussions/0/1742229167197321051/

#8 5 years ago

It would be cool if they could start putting out some of the classic Sterns now that they cant do B/W titles. Id go in for Seawitch, Nine Ball, Quicksilver etc etc.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

They did on the Pinball Arcade

Wow.

I like to think that I keep up with all things pinball but I had no idea that they released them. Just downloaded both pins and I'm enjoying them.

Hope they stick around as I've been a fan since they started back in the day.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from sublime90803:

I've been a beta tester for them since the first tables came out. Every month I'd get an email to test the new tables before they became public. I haven't received an email in months, and my beta has now been turned off by them. Not sure what's going on over there.

Oof....not good.

#11 5 years ago

Dang...Just discovered to get on the top scores board on WNBJM you need over 100,000 points!

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I prefer Farsight's tables over PinballFX/Zen. The PinballFX (remake) pins always feel to me like the pitch of the table is steep.

Just read the Steam thread and it doesn't look good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-farsight-still-in-business?hl=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.