(Topic ID: 326922)

Is everything ok at color dmd displays

By Lopa

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fixintoplay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago

I've wanted a color dmd in my DEJP for some time, but the original display still works great. (I imagine buyers of the color version had issues with their originals?) If I bit the bullet, I couldn't justify scrapping the working original. So... would there be a market/need for used dmd's like this among other pinheads that might help offset the cost of a new color version?

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Every single DMD game I've ever owned had a ColorDMD put in it, and all of the original displays worked fine.
    I consider it a must have for any game that's supported, which is an awful lot these days.

So what did you do with all those original displays?

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

ColorDMD is so clearly superior in just about every way.

I'm new to this, so my question will seem naive. Would I realize "superior clarity" with a machine like my 1993 DEJP? I'm at the point where I have to weigh the cost vs the benefit. I value your opinions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fixintoplay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-everything-ok-at-color-dmd-displays?tu=fixintoplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.