(Topic ID: 227570)

Is Dialed In this generation's Twilight Zone?

By Doctor6

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago

No....TZ is TZ... Pat's magic AND a theme...

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If it’s in my home and I’m living with it? Hell yeah. DI while a fun pin, is not for my collection. I just can’t get past the whole stupid cell phone crap on it.
Obviously theme AND gameplay, integrated well, is what’s called a dream pin to me.

Couldn't have been said better !!

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had the same knee jerk reaction about the theme and odd looking "dude" in the middle of the PF.
Like many things, I changed my tune after playing it for weeks and thinking about the original theme (so many of us were clamoring for an "unlicensed", original theme). One of the hallmarks of a great original theme is capturing the tech/culture of the day. When viewed from that perspective, Pat & team nailed it. I realize you might not appreciate iPhones, however most of the world is addicted to them and that's exactly what an original theme should shoot for...reflecting the pop culture of the day (like so many great pinball machines did back in the day).
snaroff

Not knee jerk, and glad some like it...I've played it, not a fan...doesn't mean anything except my take....is what it is...but comparing (as a modern day) to TZ just doesn't fit......nope....

2 weeks later
#100 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I think it is interesting that people are still fascinated with a game made over 20 years ago that wasn’t even based a modern theme when it was released. Pat Lawlor must be pleased with that.

But it had a movie, and great TV series which the game addresses ( mostly)...Still watch episodes from time to time....Game IS tied to a timeless theme...

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It's funny how so many people are afraid to turn in their "man card" with this game and can't look past two cell phone side modes. It's not a children's or effeminate game, it's just goofy. The character of Dialed In is in the same vein as Road Show, Junkyard, Attack from Mars, Funhouse, and other greats of the previous era that actually had cartoony humor - something that's been seriously lacking in the past 20 years. I find it a nice change of pace from rock band, movie, or horror pins.
To each their own, I guess.

No problem w my "man card", just don't like the game, and saying it's the " new tz" is ludicrous... I'm glad some like it, but it will always be DI, NOT TZ

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Whether or not you like the game, it's hard to deny that it shoots great. Lawlor is probably the best designer in the modern era, and DI proves that he hasn't lost his touch.

Definitely agree with that...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-dialed-in-this-generation-s-twilight-zone?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.