(Topic ID: 227570)

Is Dialed In this generation's Twilight Zone?

By Doctor6

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So we are still hung up on the theme, I see.

I was hung up on the theme until I decided to buy a Standard model after only playing a few games on location. I got a decent deal on it and figured I could look past the theme. I was completely wrong. The theme is rich and well implemented. I especially appreciate all the references to the great 90's pins that Pat designed. It really does feel like a quirky 90's DMD game with features, toys, and speed appropriate for this generation of pinball machines.

Overall, this is a great pin. It's too bad people are so hung up on the cell phone aspect of it, which is less apparent after spending some time on the game.

2 weeks later
#107 5 years ago

It's funny how so many people are afraid to turn in their "man card" with this game and can't look past two cell phone side modes. It's not a children's or effeminate game, it's just goofy. The character of Dialed In is in the same vein as Road Show, Junkyard, Attack from Mars, Funhouse, and other greats of the previous era that actually had cartoony humor - something that's been seriously lacking in the past 20 years. I find it a nice change of pace from rock band, movie, or horror pins.

To each their own, I guess.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You say that like its a bad thing, please let me know of these horror pins? I want one.

You own one - The Walking Dead.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

TWD isn't horror, not to me anyway. I would consider it drama first and foremost.

Isn't drama kind of.... effeminate? (I kid)

There's also Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Rob Zombie, Monster Bash Remake, and soon Elvira3 and Munsters. There's a lot to choose from in that category, new and old.

Of course, if bashing zombies' heads in with weapons in an apocalyptic world doesn't tickle your fancy, I don't think anything in pinball will satisfy your bloodlust. You're a hardcore guy, Hazoff!

I guess you’ll just have to stick with “drama”.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-dialed-in-this-generation-s-twilight-zone?tu=Allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.