• Latest reply 12 years ago by pintastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MR.T.jpeg
#1 12 years ago

I have a chance to pick up a Simpsons by Data East tomorrow and I have never seen one, more-less played. I was just wondering for input from ya'll. The Pin looks to be in really good shape but the pictures the guy sent are not the highest quality. So that probably means nothing really bad. He said it worked completely but most everyone here knows that could be a wide spectrum of things. They guy is an older retired gentleman and wants to get rid of it but I have to travel a little so let me know please if this Pin is worth the trek and what you think would be a good price. Thanx in advance!

#2 12 years ago

i can't say anything for the gameplay,it looks pretty simple but fun, nice art etc. around here i see them for about 1000 in nice shape. prob negotiate below that if you suspect anything might be wrong.

#3 12 years ago

i remember playing it when it first came out. it seemed better than the other pinballs at the time high speed getaway 2 for instance. but that could be nostalgia talking. it's cool, homer says millions when you hit the ramp and when the ball hits the bumpers a fart sounds off. but it didn't have the dmd of modern pins. i wouldn't pay much more than i would for an electromechanical pin. in my opinion, the dmds are much better than the non-dmds. they usually have deeper rulesets to keep you interested. i look at the classifieds for pins all the time. they want a lot of money for an OLD machine in poor condition. sometimes they want more than it sold for originally. the economy sux so i wouldn't offer more than pinside's estimate for 100% working machine. my last action hero cost me $800 including delivery in good condition huo. a thousand dollars is a lot of money. something will break. remember that pinball might be an expensive piece of furniture they rest their laundry upon.

#4 12 years ago

Save more money and get the Stern Simpsons. It is a fun machine. I guess you could start with that one and trade up later. There are no bad machines, just different levels of fun!!

#5 12 years ago

remember that pinball might be an expensive piece of furniture they rest their laundry upon.

MR.T.jpegMR.T.jpeg

"I pity the fool who uses their pins as a laundry hamper!"

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Save more money and get the Stern Simpsons. It is a fun machine. I guess you could start with that one and trade up later. There are no bad machines, just different levels of fun!!

A good way to put it, the words clunky and limited come to mind when I think of Simpsons but it is compulsive and retains its value. It is also challenging as despite its cutesy looks because it isn't very forgiving.
I quite enjoy getting multi-ball and once there keeping the balls in play long enough to get jackpots is difficult. Looping the ramp gives millions but again was surprisingly difficult on the machine I played.
Hope this helps!

#7 12 years ago

About as fun as other non-DMD pins of that era. Not super easy either. As long as you don't over pay you can sell it when you tire of it. Not on my wishlist but would get it for a good price.

#8 12 years ago

Just like to add that I have seen that Pin go for $800 bucks

#9 12 years ago

go for it

#10 12 years ago

One of the main annoyances to me of the DE Simpsons is it was created very early in the show's run - basically after just the first season. So it's missing most of the extremely popular secondary characters, features some one-off characters you've never seen since (like Pincess Cashmere), and still has the old-style voices. But with that said it's not bad as an actual game.

#11 12 years ago

I appreciate the input, my trek has been delayed due to work but I hope to pick it up in the next couple of days.

#12 12 years ago

Doesnt get allot of love but I personally think its a great pin. Ive been keeping an eye open for one myself. Of course, Im hardly a great player but I enjoyed it the few times Ive played it and will have one in my own collection one of these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-de-simpsons-any-good-input-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.