(Topic ID: 276505)

Is CPR reproducing old translites?

By sandro

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm hunting for a replacement translite for #HS2. I noticed that CPR is making backglasses, but they are a bit pricey for what is just a player's machine. Has Planetary Pinball quit making translites?

Is there a source of repro translites for B/W games at this point?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

I'm hunting for a replacement translite for #HS2. I noticed that CPR is making backglasses, but they are a bit pricey for what is just a player's machine. Has Planetary Pinball quit making translites?
Is there a source of repro translites for B/W games at this point?

I would guess that if repro backglasses are available fo a game that originally came with a backglass, it’s going to be hard to find someone also making translights. If you can find a decent quality scan, might be cheapest to just make your own (there are a number of threads documenting where and how to get them printed).

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I would guess that if repro backglasses are available fo a game that originally came with a backglass, it’s going to be hard to find someone also making translights. If you can find a decent quality scan, might be cheapest to just make your own (there are a number of threads documenting where and how to get them printed).

Actually, I was thinking of games that originally came with translites. CPR is making backglasses for the late 90s games, but that’s not really Authentic to the games. (But I might grab one to try on my TZ)

#4 3 years ago

the CPR HS II backglass has received bad reviews

#5 3 years ago

CPR does not make translites. They said they cannot print on that type of material.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Actually, I was thinking of games that originally came with translites. CPR is making backglasses for the late 90s games, but that’s not really Authentic to the games. (But I might grab one to try on my TZ)

Gotcha, for some reason I was thinking HSII had a backglass originally. Still, might be worth poking around for scans though.

#7 3 years ago

I've made a few translites recently, not this title however. Need scans of an original to work from though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cpr-reproducing-old-translites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.