New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276505)

Is CPR reproducing old translites?

By sandro

49 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 49 days ago

I'm hunting for a replacement translite for #HS2. I noticed that CPR is making backglasses, but they are a bit pricey for what is just a player's machine. Has Planetary Pinball quit making translites?

Is there a source of repro translites for B/W games at this point?

#2 49 days ago
Quoted from sandro:

I'm hunting for a replacement translite for #HS2. I noticed that CPR is making backglasses, but they are a bit pricey for what is just a player's machine. Has Planetary Pinball quit making translites?
Is there a source of repro translites for B/W games at this point?

I would guess that if repro backglasses are available fo a game that originally came with a backglass, it’s going to be hard to find someone also making translights. If you can find a decent quality scan, might be cheapest to just make your own (there are a number of threads documenting where and how to get them printed).

#3 49 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I would guess that if repro backglasses are available fo a game that originally came with a backglass, it’s going to be hard to find someone also making translights. If you can find a decent quality scan, might be cheapest to just make your own (there are a number of threads documenting where and how to get them printed).

Actually, I was thinking of games that originally came with translites. CPR is making backglasses for the late 90s games, but that’s not really Authentic to the games. (But I might grab one to try on my TZ)

#4 48 days ago

the CPR HS II backglass has received bad reviews

#5 48 days ago

CPR does not make translites. They said they cannot print on that type of material.

#6 48 days ago
Quoted from sandro:

Actually, I was thinking of games that originally came with translites. CPR is making backglasses for the late 90s games, but that’s not really Authentic to the games. (But I might grab one to try on my TZ)

Gotcha, for some reason I was thinking HSII had a backglass originally. Still, might be worth poking around for scans though.

#7 48 days ago

I've made a few translites recently, not this title however. Need scans of an original to work from though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside