1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lostcause
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I see that they have done the plastics and backglass, so I wonder if the playfield is next up.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I see that they have done the plastics and backglass, so I wonder if the playfield is next up.

Playfield is a much larger investment, the plastics and backglass can be done on demand to some degree.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Playfield is a much larger investment, the plastics and backglass can be done on demand to some degree.

But the idea is that if there is a demand for the backglass & plastics, demand for the playfield should be there too. If I could ever get a repro playfield for this, I think I will buy it and get the title with a beater playfield.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

But the idea is that if there is a demand for the backglass & plastics, demand for the playfield should be there too. If I could ever get a repro playfield for this, I think I will buy it and get the title with a beater playfield.

You missed my point.

Backglasses and plastics can be turned out with little money tied up, playfields are a huge undertaking with the initial cash outlay for setup (keeping fingers crossed art, cnc setup, post marking etc all go well) and then doing a run.

Then you have "x amount" sitting in inventory ($$$$) waiting for them to sell to get your money back.

From a business perspective its not a good bet when there is other titles you could run off 50 playfields and all 50 would be sold inside a week.

Its just cash flow and expected sales. I'd love CPR to do a run of BMX playfields, the odds of that happening with only 400 games made are slim to none.

#5 1 year ago

Not unless Stu owns or wants one. That seems to be the only criteria based on my request over the years.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Not unless Stu owns or wants one. That seems to be the only criteria based on my request over the years.

No kidding! Bally Spectrum with a production run of 994 and Voltan @ 365 had a PF done.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

True, but an owners passion project cant be factored by an outsider.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

No kidding! Bally Spectrum with a production run of 994 and Voltan @ 365 had a PF done.

There is a demand for low production Bally product that can be cloned using available hardware and CPR already makes the playfield blanks.

Just having the playfield blanks is a huge positive step towards production.

#9 1 year ago

They have done a small run of Black Knight playfields, about 20 Kevin said which will be available soon and to see what demand is like so they can now do small runs, I guess because they are digitally printing now.

I asked him about Future Spa and they want to do it but waiting on a good playfield to copy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cpr-going-to-do-playfield-for-atari-superman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.