Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Obviously it won't ever happen but man I would love it if ColorDMD could list in some sort of bar chart all the games being worked on and an estimation on how close to being finished they were.

It would garner a ton of excitement for owners of those games as updates showed them closer and closer to completion.

Silly idea right?

#52 7 years ago

Further more, I'd actually pay money and sign a non disclosure to know the games being worked on by the team at any given time.

Seriously Randy and ColorDMD, could be another revenue stream. An exclusive inner circle. Well beside the already exclusive circle of artists you have.

#53 7 years ago

I have 8 B/W dot matrix games in my pinball room.
    7 of the 8 have ColorDMD in them already.
    WHOdunnit is (silently) begging for one...but will anyone answer?

#54 7 years ago

There are good reasons for not disclosing titles in progress, and status changes often based on developer commitments and other factors. There are enough roller coaster rides and dashed expectations in the hobby. We don't need to add to it.

I will say that there are currently more than 20 active projects in development. Several titles are complete or in beta testing now and will be announced soon.

Most of the titles you would expect to be supported are being addressed and platforms not currently supported are also being explored.

Quite frankly there's a LOT going on but you'll have to forgive us for keeping projects under wraps until we know for sure that a title can/will reach completion with a high level of quality.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

I will say that there are currently more than 20 active projects in development. Several titles are complete or in beta testing now and will be announced soon.

1 down - Apollo 13

Looking forward to next announcement.

2 months later
    #56 7 years ago

Love when I predict the future.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Love when I predict the future.

This has been known for a long time. ColorDMD LCD will still likely be a much bigger seller than the LED.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

This has been known for a long time. ColorDMD LCD will still likely be a much bigger seller than the LED.

Really? I need to read up on it to figure out why. Because if the different modes lcd provides?

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Really? I need to read up on it to figure out why. Because if the different modes lcd provides?

Yeah people love the smoothing options.

#60 7 years ago

That seems like a very captain obvious prediction, you predicted the future after they showed one in CV, you basically just put 2 and 2 together.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can see that.

If the LED provides a brighter display and easier install (like in a Data East) I would personally choose LED. To each their own.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

That seems like a very captain obvious response, you predicted the future after they showed one in CV, you basically just put 2 and 2 together.

Don't get hot about it.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Don't get hot about it.

I'm not hot, maybe I miss read the bump.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not hot, maybe I miss read the bump.

I was patting myself on the back for basically nothing so it's fine.

Basically only bumped to say "way to go ColorDMD"! As I guy who leaves all his ColorDMD displays in "dots" mode this new innovation has me excited!!

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I was patting myself on the back for basically nothing so it's fine.
    Basically only bumped to say "way to go ColorDMD"! As I guy who leaves all his ColorDMD displays in "dots" mode this new innovation has me excited!!

Yeah I will buy LED on my next one too, not a fan of the high res modes and happy to save a few bucks. Just waiting for them to get JP colored.

#66 7 years ago

One thing I have not heard anybody say is how reliable the hundreds of LEDs will be.
    What is the probability one LED will fail in the first year, etc.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

One thing I have not heard anybody say is how reliable the hundreds of LEDs will be.
    What is the probability one LED will fail in the first year, etc.

Time will tell I guess. Most LEDs are pretty solid as long as there isn't much physical movement. So if you tend to take you're pins to shows there's probably more of a likelihood for failure but that's no different than a standard DMD display.

#68 7 years ago

I'm a smoothie....( as are a lot on here but don't readily admit it).....LCD has a long stable following for quite some time, imho...

#69 7 years ago

Side note... I dropped Randy a letter asking about whether to buy a new sigma for my FGY ( being a preview has been seen in the wild). Even though he admitted the platform was the same, he recommended waiting until the official color release of the title, and couldn't make a commitment one way or the other. He suggested me NOT send him money and wait. I can't express enough what a class act this company is!!! ( I'll still probably buy the Sigma anyway, only game that doesn't have one, and it's killing me)

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

No they don't.

Dots forever!
    Smearing never!

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No they don't.
    Dots forever!
    Smearing never!

Mock me as you must......Smears shall live!!!

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mock me as you must......Smears shall live!!!

All that beautiful pixel art ...destroyed! You break my heart, buddy!

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

All that beautiful pixel art ...destroyed! You break my heart, buddy!

I've tried, I've tried.....IMVE was my closest to changing, and was sure ( your) SM would not look good in smear, but I freakin love it!!!....must be the text and the mode stuff that just looks so good to me....no worries, we'll always be pin-buds ...the beauty of colordmd!!!...

#74 7 years ago

And PLEASE convince someone to get FGY released...one of my favorite pins w crappy orange dots.....a travesty!!!

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-colordmd-on-its-way-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.