7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

First up BSD is a kick ass pin,probably my most played go to machine in collection.

Having said this im thinking i should be doing better on this game than i am....my high score is 1.8 billion though its hard work most of the time to hit the 500-800 million mark.

Just finished a game this morning and am i right in saying it seems such hard work for little reward shooting for the coffin multi?
    Takes about 4 shots to light lock,3 more to lock balls and then approx 4 to kill DRACULA of which you get awarded 20 million??? I dont even think you score for the stake to the heart shots until he's finished completely?

Should i drop the coffin shot from my sights and only work it if it goes there randomly?

Whats your guys strategy for big BSD scores!!

#2 7 years ago

Dunno!!

Haven't even got to 200 million on 3 ball yet as it is so hard ( but addictive

#3 7 years ago

I try to have coffin ready to stack for 3 MBs which is where the scoring is.

#4 7 years ago

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRTY MILLION

yeah its worth it. my highest on bsd is 5 billion something. Had multi rolling for like 3 minutes

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

but addictive []

Quite possibly the most addictive pin ever!
    Everyone in the family (including myself) complains "It's too hard!!" or It's not fair!" but yet we all seem suckers for punishment cause that start button gets pushed over and over again!

Awesome line up of pins in your current and previously owned collection mate! Mine should look very very similar when im done!

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

my highest on bsd is 5 billion something

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I try to have coffin ready to stack for 3 MBs which is where the scoring is.

Yeah was starting to think this must be the only real benefit that pays off for shooting coffin.

#7 7 years ago

All the points are in the castle jackpot with all three multis going

#8 7 years ago

Getting all 3 multis going at once, is the only way to high high scores...so yes you need it..

#9 7 years ago

Yep, its needed. Just keep hitting the left ramp if you want. It spots the lights to open the coffin. Then backhand the ball with the right flipper to lock your balls. Then ignore killing drac, just make sure you're stacking those multiballs. Once you have that done, just go for castle jackpot. Trust me it is the best strategy to get a high score. I have over 8 billion.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Just keep hitting the left ramp if you want. It spots the lights to open the coffin.

AWESOME didn't no the left ramp helped spot the coffin,noticed it lights castle locks every so many left ramp shots.

Quoted from ianwho:

Then backhand the ball with the right flipper to lock your balls.

+1 yip 9 outta ten times can hit using this method

Quoted from ianwho:

I have over 8 billion.

just the man i need advice from then

#11 7 years ago

You can use the return from coffin to feed the bumpers for bats too

#12 7 years ago

Bowen Kerins did a great BSD tutorial a while back.

http://pinball.org/videos/tutorials/bram-stokers-dracula/

#13 7 years ago

Yes, it's worth it. Stacking the 3 MB's is really the main goal of this pin imo.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

First up BSD is a kick ass pin,probably my most played go to machine in collection.
    Having said this im thinking i should be doing better on this game than i am....my high score is 1.8 billion though its hard work most of the time to hit the 500-800 million mark.
    Just finished a game this morning and am i right in saying it seems such hard work for little reward shooting for the coffin multi?
    Takes about 4 shots to light lock,3 more to lock balls and then approx 4 to kill DRACULA of which you get awarded 20 million??? I dont even think you score for the stake to the heart shots until he's finished completely?
    Should i drop the coffin shot from my sights and only work it if it goes there randomly?
    Whats your guys strategy for big BSD scores!!

In a word, yes. Although, if I find I just can't get the shot down that day, I ignore it. Stacking two multiballs is still very good.

Your skill shot advances toward opening the coffin locks and lighting video mode, so don't ignore the skill shot.

I haven't played BSD in a couple months so I could have a couple things out of order, but my opening strategy is: Open the coffin lock and lock two balls. Then get two left ramps. Then start coffin. Then get a 3rd left ramp to start bats. This will almost guarantee a 40M+ Bats, which means 120M minimum score for the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 22.50
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside