20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but if they wanna go after a cashcow game like IJ they need to accommodate a widebody someday
But I say this without having seen the CGC facilities. Some manufactures lines seem more easily accommodating than others.

I doubt they could make enough money after the huge licensing fee a Disney would charge to remake IJ. It was Lucasfilms back when IJ was made. Disney is a different animal and getting all the actors permission along with the necessary music is a long shot at best.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely Disney would need to get the actor's permission, except MAYBE Harrison Ford. Talent deals prior to the 21st century were a lot different and often included likeness for promotion, merchandising, etc.

I would still wager IJ is never remade.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm a buyer of Alien. Bring it on!

I think I would be in as well. None of the other speculated future remakes (CCR, BBBR, TOMR, TOTANR, etc) interest me at all.

1 year later
#2368 3 years ago

I don't know how I missed they are remaking Alien but just learned about it today. Does anyone know when the first games will be for sale and how long this new company will be making the "remake?"

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Personally I can't believe there's even a pre-order list at all and anyone willing to send money, even a refundable deposit. I'm glad its there cause if that's what its gonna take to get these built and out there I'm all for it. I wouldn't want 1 of 50 or 100 made then it dies. I really wish Stern was doing this, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as I don't want to be downer but can't stay away as I'm excited for the possibility of actually getting this machine. Damn it.

I wish CGC was doing it. I don't know what to make of this new company.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are already for sale at Cointaker. There will be 2 models, the lower (SV) is currently for sale - and scheduled to start being delivered sometime this quarter (remains to be seen). The higher end model (LV) has not had its details announced yet. To order requires a $1400 refundable deposit to Cointaker (PB will not see this money until delivery). Many people are putting a payment down on the SV and putting their name in for the LV just in case it is worth the price difference.
Google pinball brothers alien for more details.

Thank you for the info. Any idea what the LV gets you over the SE? Is this a one run type of thing or will they be making the game for a while?

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nahh, i prefer EU company so we are sure have no pooling issues

Ummm, when have CGC pins ever had "pooling issues?" They own Churchhill cabinets which supplied Stern and Bally/Williams with many playfields over the years.

Playfields with pooling issues began when the German company (Mirco?) became the primary supplier.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I remember when I ordered my LE. Supposedly it was "on the boat and coming right now". Weeks later.. nothing. Months later.. nothing. Then it ended up in Australia and I had to buy it from there.
I have a feeling this batch is coming, but will take time. Alien requires patience!

I think it is a good thing they are taking their time and trying to work out as many kinks as possible before shipping anything. Rushing things never seems to turn out well, especially when it comes to high priced items like pinball machines.

2 weeks later
#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everyone who owns an original and finally working Heighway LE, won't sell at any costs if not necessary.
And it's still not resolutely that the new machine is really better.
Heighway is the original one and that's a fact.

Be that as it may, I'd rather have the newer version if they work out all the bugs and can make a solid machine. Some collectors may want an original but I don't want to buy a headache and maintenance nightmare, original or not.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

You're right. The originals are trash. The new games are far, far superior. Can you direct me to someone who has this new superior game and has posted their game review?
QSS

Why am I getting the impression that owners of the original Alien are getting pretty nervous and testy about their games value right now?

Look, I own a heavily modded Tron Pro. If Stern vaults it, the value of mine is going to drop. That is reality. It sucks but that is how this hobby seems to work and part of the risk of buying a rare and good game It can always be remade and often is these days.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Umm no original owner is testy or nervous. We are sharing what we have experienced buying an original Alien so you know what to expect, and the Alien community has done tons of work so you guys can enjoy your new machines . Enjoy your machine.. when it comes.. which is tomorrow.
thanks

I haven't ordered anything yet. I am taking the wait and see approach with this one. I'm intrigued and may down the road but as I stated in a previous post, the last thing I want is to pay 8-10k for a maintenance headache and nightmare.

Alien is not a must have for me. As such, I am not a guy who is going to buy an original. There will always be collectors that want the original thing, though.

Just prepare for the same reality that original Medieval Madness owners experienced when those remakes came out. The value is very likely to drop (if it hasn't already due to this announcement). Please don't shoot the messenger.

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Have no clue, but you're wrong. People need to stop looking at the game and focus more on the manufacturing company (or lack thereof) that will make and support it.
There is zero relevance to a MM vs MMr comparison. They were (are) supported by viable companies. Worked through the hassles, and made the remakes w added features.
Alien's theme speaks volumes, but so does the lack (as in zero) support that was available. Gotta pay for the talent. Is what it is.
This speculation thread is already a tough read, and we're just getting started.
Spare me the warnings of tanking value of originals. The US barely even saw final run originals. I've been enjoying mine for quite some time now. More than paid for itself in enjoyment if I lost it tomorrow.
If PB honors half of what was stated at the "unveiling video", that's half more than what was promised/ delivered the last time.
And if you think there aren't some that haven't ponyed up more than 1k for this 2 year old rev......you're wrong.
I once again hope these do get made. Really don't have to trash original owners in the process however. So many "perfect" games flipped so many times to unknowing buyers. Getting new games out would end alot of that horseshit = a great thing. Let's hope the speculation ends in a good way. The game is too good to get screwed over.....again......

No one is "trashing" original owners. A few may be construing it that way when the prospect of a remake and supply and demand possibly affecting values is discussed but that is hardly trashing or an attack. Just a likely reality based on the precedent we've seen with several other pinball remakes in recent years.

It won't bother me one bit of original Alien games hold their value. I hope they do and that the remakes only enhance the value of both versions.

1 week later
#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That's LV to you sir... Wait and see approach could cost you, don't be surprised if LE/LV goes up $1000. Stern started an awful precedent with Elvira, rolled over into JJP... Snoozing to losing .. Especially with the unpredictable U.S dollar these days.
I'm happy with what see, balls deep!

They'll sell a lot more and get people on the fence like me if they stick with the announced pricing. Raise it and I'm out.

Stern and JJP think people will keep buying despite these massive hikes but they are overestimating the market with their greed.

Covid will be winding down summer/fall timeframe and money is going to shift from at home recreational pursuits to travel and other things. These guys are starting to alienate many customers that are growing tired of the endless hikes and greed and will refuse pay as much for a pinball machine as a good used car.

2 months later
#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm the same. Can't stand those words. Makes people sound like morons. Oh, and how about a grown man saying "meh" I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

Meh

1 month later
#3879 2 years ago

Watching the video, it looks like the game doesn’t have many video or audio assets from the movie(s). Is that the case? Bill Paxton with his “game over man, game over! “ comment seems like a given at the end of the game but I didn’t hear it.

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Plenty of video and audio assets but none of Ripley/Sigourney Weaver.

Hopefully a lot of Bill Paxton... does it have any of the scene I posted above? Probably my favorite scenes from Paxton in the movie.

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You have to remember that only half of the game is Aliens and the other half is the original. You can hear his call outs in combat drop, ambush multiball, bug hunt and at the end of the game.

That video may just have convinced me to get one of the remakes once they start shipping and have worked out the kinks.

Anyone know if those flashers in your video will be on the remake as well? Really cool and perfect match for the theme. I realize the topper may not be in the works for the remake but definitely needs to be available aftermarket or as an add on option.

#3887 2 years ago

So does the new remake have the siten flashers like in the original game video? Really like them buy haven't seem thst in the few Pinball Bros. videos I've watched.

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

So the standard has less videos?

Guessing he means the lcd in the playfield.

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm waiting in the wings to see how the final products end up

Ditto. Very interested but I'm going to let this one play out for a bit until taking a plunge.

Here is hoping Pinball Bros. Churns out a great product and can give the current manufacturers a lesson in quality and customer service.

1 week later
#3915 2 years ago

Does anyone know when the LV versions are scheduled to be made? How many are they planning to make?

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Man, that apron will definitely have to be replaced or modded..It is super simple with just a few stickers...

Agreed. I cant believe they just left it like that. Looks unfinished and cheap.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think the most annoying thing is the teasing of a LV version with absolutely nothing stated that anyone can make a decision when these things have been for sale for 6 months. I very much hope all the differences can be upgraded on the SV.

Will the LV include an apron? Good hell, what were they thinking? Charge an extra $150-$200 and do some artwork or something. It looks unfinished.

#3922 2 years ago

Can any new or original owners comment on gameplay? I really like the theme and look of the game (outside the awful apron) but I've never had the opportunity to play an Alien as there are no originals in my area.

Does it have the fun factor and lastability in a home environment? I know it is a wide body but any pins you would compare it to? Any insight is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.