20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

But they are on there way to the US right now!

I HEARD IT ON THE INTERNETS!!

11 months later
#894 3 years ago

So is that the actual playfield schematic? Are they really removing the playfield screen? That seems dumb

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They had playfield issues... the notorious delamination in the pops area. But it was a short lived problem. What other things are you trying to point to?

Money doesn't change leadership - that's why the problems are ultimately rooted and unsolvable until Andrew was not part of the picture. 'Nothing $$$ couldn't have fixed'? Sounds like the deeproot strategy with jpop

I was right here when our friends did much of the work documenting and sourcing parts. I've had my hands inside 7 different alien games... including 2 that were the 'late builds'. There are still 2 of those in our close circle. I've been close associates with the lead programmer for 25 years. I think I'm qualified to make my statement.
From the plastics, to the xeno, to the IO boards, to the lights, to the cardboard cabinet... the game needed an overhaul before anyone should have attempted to build it again.

Who was the lead developer? Ferret ? He’s a frickin wizard

1 week later
#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

seeing the Dutch Pinball screen in the game and the switch to WPC mechs as Noit1be said makes me also think Dutch Pinball manufactures these...
For all I know its a screen specially produced for them, and they use WPC mechs and Proc.
interesting thought...
Let’s see

Did they ever get around to producing TBL? Seems kind of risky

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Why would a company with no customers that actively distances itself from another company offer a voucher to another company’s customers?

They saw how much $$ Deeproot had to -actually- pay out at the end of the day. ?

#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I guess that’s ultimately my point. These people played inside baseball by seemingly selling themselves intellectual property from a bankrupt company to a newly incorporated company while screwing people out of cash.
“We aren’t heighway but we’ll give ya $4,000 for the trouble of giving another company money”
What business in any other industry would do such a thing? I suppose it’s nice they’re “making an offering” because “they don’t have to” however pinball people clearly don’t give a rats ass as long as the game gets made and they can get it.
I wonder how the sausage was made when heighway went down? To be a fly on that wall.

This happens ALL. THE. TIME. When companies go bankrupt (in the US, not sure in Aus), they can go to court and the court decides who gets the remaining cash or assets they have. Not saying it’s right but this idea is -on purpose- that the business is sold to another entity (frequently someone who was involved with the first company will be involved with the second), and that new entity tried to make up a successful business out of it. Otherwise nobody ever gets anything at all. As much as I think this whole Alien fiasco is now a joke, and I feel terrible for those who got screwed - the light at the end of the tunnel
Is that new games have a chance at getting produced.

You want to really get pissed off at how business operates? Look up Leveraged Buyout. It’s legal, but only available to the super rich.

1 week later
#1542 3 years ago

Huh, I had kind of written this game off; didn't really love it the one and only time I played it, but now I'm curious to give it another shot. Might sell my POTC if they don't get that game updated soon.

6 months later
#3980 2 years ago

Crap, I stopped in here to check how this game was doing, as I’m trying to decide between this and Halloween, but I think I made my decision with all these issues I’m reading about. I’m sure they will get it all worked out eventually

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

And you don’t think Halloween will have issues? Being a new game…

It will have issues, every new game does - but Alien is not a new game...

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

That is a false statement. It is a new game... and I speak from experience. It really is a complete redesign.

Here's to hoping the redesign ends up being a much more stable game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.