20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwizard14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1076 3 years ago

I will definitely get one of these if it is remade. I wanted one the first time around, but everybody knows how that situation turned out.

#1109 3 years ago

Is there any idea on when the remake may see the light of day?

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Pictures like the one above remind me so much of the shots we used to get from Australia of all the Medieval Madness parts ready to be made into games, we all know what happened there!! Not saying this might not happen, but don't let some pics of parts and playfields get you too excited, it's a long road ahead!!

I was on that bus for 6 years but was able to get off with a full refund of my $2500 deposit. I even bought and sent the ramp diverters because Wayne said he could not produce them. I didn't get those back. After that, I was out of pre-orders...I wanted to put a deposit on Alice in Wonderland but couldn't bring myself to do it and now I'm glad I didn't.

#1287 3 years ago

The only NIB game I have purchased was LOTR which I no longer have. I almost got a Houdini, but there were too many problems with the flippers and catapult for the trunk when it first came out so I didn't get one. Aliens came and went because of the original company went bankrupt and here we are getting ready for a second round. I am definitely getting a NIB one of these. Alien and Aliens are two of my all time favorite movies along with the 1st Matrix and Terminator 1 and 2. Looking forward to next week!

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They said they thought around 500 - but not in stone. Gameplay will be the same, and they have not decided what will actually be different on it yet.

They will probably sell out fast and should think about upping that number to 750. There seems to be a lot of people interested in the LV addition of the game. I think some will not be able to get in on it at 500 games.

3 weeks later
#2278 3 years ago

I'm getting an LV and I don't care one bit about the playfield screen and am pretty sure it won't be in it. I don't believe the old playfields are compatible with the other changes they have made to the game, the airlock, additional magnet and new ramps, etc. I'm not a fan of stainless steel on any of my games and have had them all power coated and have changed the legs too. I would have gotten a SV if I could have gotten it with power coated armor. Don't care about shakers or toppers either, just not my thing. I'm don't want to remove and replace those things myself anymore. Especially on a NIB. Legs are nothing to change, but you can dork up the side art really easily if you're not careful with a heat gun.

2 weeks later
#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Nothing has changed with this company: the games are not ready and not shipped. We haven't even seen a picture of how the display is integrated in the backbox, no gameplay video's etc. Yet they are collecting deposits.
“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
Sorry for the delay, please bear with us.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers
This statement means they didn't even test their first production series prior to starting production, or completely skipped testing and prototyping, just as Heighway did.
What can possibly go wrong....

Why are you in this thread or any other if your concerns are so grave about a company or machine that you probably aren't going to purchase one. Your opinion and thoughts about somethings you're not interested in don't matter to me or anybody else. There are plenty of other companies and pinball machines to purchase and more threads for you to talk about why you're going to do something instead of why you're not. I don't care about why you're not so please go elsewhere. I can read what the Pinball Brothers wrote and form my own opinion because I am buying a machine from them. I don't need your non-customer clamor.

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

don't say you weren't warned if this goes south for any reason. we have yet to see any video of gameplay OR any physically assembled pins headed to the US.. just a bunch of fanboys waving their hands full of money. why don't you want to see some evidence of a working machine? instead of apologies and misleading posts on Facebook?

Once again, deposits are being held by the distributors, not sent directly to PB. I've been down the pre-order road with Wayne and MM long before JPOP or anybody else with a bad pre-order experience. This is not the same thing...its not even as much of a gamble as Deeproot and I believe those folks will get a machine in the future too. Evidence of what? This isn't a crime scene and people who want to see somebody else playing a pinball machine to get an idea of what its like is an absurdity to me because you can't get a feel for anything unless you're the one experiencing it. I wanted this game the first time around and now I can get it and if doesn't happen like some of you are thinking, that's ok...but if you're not in, then take a hike because it doesn't affect you. And oh, I don't need you to tell me anything...I'll figure it out on my own.

3 weeks later
#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's tons of shots of it NOT on the backglass. Due to the white overlay it is hard to tell but it sure looks like it at least has green color shining through and especially on the edges, and possibly red as well. It would make sense for it to be green/yellow/red if those are bullet levels. Mostly hard to say for sure yet...mostly.

Thanks Newt!

1 week later
#2745 3 years ago

Why yes it will... if it were being remade to the specifications of the original version which it is not.

#2816 3 years ago

Why yes it will... if it were being remade to the specifications of the original version which it is not.

Quoted from pookycade:

So let me amend that statement. The habit of putting dollars and pre-orders down for a game that does not exist ready to ship out the door today does pinball a disservice. And yes at zero risk to me, I can get my dollars back from CT at anytime. My complaint if there is one is that in order to determine interest companies are seemingly encouraged/forced to resort to way overly optimistic projections for when product will be delivered. That is the true similarity to Kickstarter. If companies were truly honest that you won’t see a product for several years out rather than 3 months from deposit, the interest would be far far less. It just a terrible practice and ultimately I don’t think it serves anyone’s interests well here. Company is eventually forced to backtrack and issue apology after apology. Rable-rousers have a field day. Reputation is tarnished. Clearly as Levi states the company is getting more positive than negative out of it, so it will continue. I am just saying that past this one experience I won’t continue to support this approach . Others most certainly will, and I have no qualm with that, other than a general feeling it’s not healthy for the industry as a whole. Stern has many many issues themselves, but delay in early shipping pins after product announcement is not really one of them.

Stern is probably the only one who gets games out the door quickly and then you read that they're incomplete, mainly with code and people complain they are barely playable sometimes. GNR is backordered too and they even raised the price, you won't be getting your game any time soon from JJP either. The distributor is holding the deposit money for Alien, not the designer so its in escrow; no game you get your money back without having to deal the the designer. Interesting post, enjoy your Stern machines because that's the only manufacture who is going to ship you a game the month after you order it. Really surprised by the negativity for having to wait for something unique. Stern certainly will not have all good titles. Go ahead and limit your options...your money and your choice. What isn't healthy for the industry is shoddy games and promising something you will NEVER deliver.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

That's kinda ancient history now sir. I can't remember the last Stern that was "barely playable" due to code. JJP has always been slow out of the gate. Its a good thing that this time around the deposits are with the distributors and no game means no loss of money but whats interesting to me is someone would even want 1 of possibly only a handful of games like the OG Alien then it dies. Hey I'm glad they are out there cause its the only way this thing is gonna happen.

I'm just saying pinball is an imperfect industry and there is a reason for it. Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to build a warehouse full of games ready to ship and then the game is not popular and they are stuck with tens of thousands of dollars in inventory. They get built to fill orders and that takes time and yes, some of these designers/manufactures run into production problems with quirks or parts suppliers that delay delivery even further. Delays don't phase me, BS does and by now people should be able to know when something is really wrong and keep their wallets closed.

1 week later
#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still don't understand the benefit of the right magnet? Is the shot tough on the OG? Does it play into the theme somehow?

It's to help hit the rear ramp and lock a ball, very much like TZ and the jackpot shot into the piano.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Lithonion:

While watching the video, my wife gave me a play by play on call outs that were from Alien, and Aliens. She was wondering why an Alien pin had Aliens call outs. She is a huge fan of the franchise. lol

The game has both movies in it, you will play one and then the other. You get to choose which movie you play first.

1 week later
#3088 3 years ago

I made this today.

IMG_0209[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0209[1] (resized).JPG

#3114 3 years ago

Of course a distributor is going to parrot whatever the manufacturer/designer is telling them, they are not part of the production stream and are only the go between from the manufacturer to the user. For the distributor not to pass on what is told to them by the designer would create more problems than them passing along nothing when they have been told something. The distributor should be the voice for the end customer because as a designer/manufacturer, I would not respond to every single email or phone call asking the same question constantly. Maybe PB has nothing new to say. Better than making things up. With the other distributors reaching out to their customers, something must be going on and it seems like PB are moving forward.

#3121 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm not really sure what you mean but there are two distributers in the Dallas area handling the new Aliens. I ordered from one.

That must mean they are purchasing the machines from another distributor and selling them. They are not an authorized distributor. You might be kissing your deposit good bye. Why didn't you go through Cointaker?

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbwizard14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=pbwizard14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.