20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1057 3 years ago

I kinda figured when I saw David Thiel liking all the Pinball Bros teaser posts on FB that they were looping back in the original design team with the re-release, it's good to hear that is actually happening. Can't we be excited about an improved Alien coming to market instead of speculating all the ways it will be awful? We need some positive news at the end of this trying year.

#1074 3 years ago

Dutch is moving into a bigger facility and is advertising to hire assembly folks, people were assuming that was to ramp up Big Lebowski production...

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I guess that’s ultimately my point. These people played inside baseball by seemingly selling themselves intellectual property from a bankrupt company to a newly incorporated company while screwing people out of cash.
“We aren’t heighway but we’ll give ya $4,000 for the trouble of giving another company money”
What business in any other industry would do such a thing?

This happens all the time in the business world. What's rare is for them to offer a discount or product to the customers of the company they liquidated, that only seems to happen in pinball. I think I fall in the camp of, if they hadn't done this, all money would have been lost and no more Aliens would be made. This move might put the game back into production and payback in part some of the people that lost their deposits. I certainly want to buy the game if they pull it off, but there's no way I'm paying in advance. I want to see the finished product rolling out of a factory and working well.

#1233 3 years ago

Alien is a dream theme for me. I played an early one at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show that had problems, it was one of the touring protos, but even then I could tell I wanted it because of the look, feel and sound. If this does go to production and I get to see a good working sample, it's definitely a game I'd buy. But like everyone else... I'm not prepaying or buying sight unseen, I don't gamble on pinball machines. If it happens, it happens.

#1235 3 years ago

It looks like an Alien TV show is in the works, seems like a great time to relaunch the pin...

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg
#1252 3 years ago

Or they could go back to the original backglass Brian Allen designed for it...

Alien-Backglass-1030x1030 (resized).jpgAlien-Backglass-1030x1030 (resized).jpg

#1401 3 years ago

Weren't there also alot of problems with the playfield display not sitting fully level? Cracked displays, balls hopping, etc.? I could see it not only being about cost, but also less maintenance and problem support.

#1415 3 years ago

It would be crazy if we find out tomorrow that DeepRoot is making it, and the video feed that went to the playfield display is now going to the Pinbar.

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I looked at all the information I could find on "Pedretti Gaming," and since Italian is my first language I was able to get as much detail as they were willing to offer.
Are they really supposed to be assembling these machines? If they are, well... that'll definitely be a boutique operation. They are a pinball/arcade operator and they have made some mods over the last few years, the most complex of which were relatively simple toppers - I see no indication they have something that resembles a manufacturing line. I think production numbers will be a couple per week, if even that many. As for quality, who knows... small shop does not necessarily mean bad output, but of course it seems like an entirely unproven entity.
If you want one you might be wise to get on it ASAP, I'd be shocked if these are going to be available in decent numbers.

On their website it looks like the manufacture and sell multiarcade cabinets, so they may have done some basic manufacturing. But agreed, more boutique than big factory line, I'd expect their output to be slow and there to be a learning curve. Hopefully the amount of interest and deposits going down will cause them to ramp things up, this game could easily sell in the 1000s rather than the 100s if they do it right.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In regards to timeframe, how long DOES it take to ship a crate overseas? 3-4 weeks? Longer? It didn't sound like these were on the line yet so...a month to build, a month to go overseas, and a few weeks shipping is the 'forecast'?

If it's a shipping container on a boat from Italy, about 4-5 weeks to the West Coast.

#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Save almost 2 weeks to east coast. No canal needed and cheaper.

For sure, my only experience is shipping container pins to Seattle from Italy, I'd think based on watching our boats do their trek that it would be a week less. The longest part of the journey is getting to the Atlantic, the ships usually spend a few weeks stopping to load and unload at ports before they head accross the ocean. If you have the container info, it's fun to watch them on ship tracking websites.

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The beacons are cheaply made Chinese crap. They are incredibly loud when they rotate.

There's a fix for it on the Aliens owners thread that involves adding grommets.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maximizing the hype period is natural and desirable for the company. Hype is cheaper than actual marketing.

Hype is marketing, it just shouldn't be the only element of the marketing plan.

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from dmess:

Is either of the remake going to be wide body?

It's been stated many times, this is a widebody pin and it's very similar to the previously released Aliens.

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I for one would like to see them upgrade the computer - 8 years is a long time.

Hey, my Revenge from Mars is still running a 21 year old computer!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone know the width (in inches) of the box and head of this new game?

They've said it will be in a William's WPC widebody cabinet.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm puzzled as to why there aren't any gameplay videos of a pinball brothers build. Certainly at least one had to get assembled first before they committed to production.

Stern doesn't release gameplay videos before the game is coming out, maybe they are following their way of doing it?

4 weeks later
#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m just curious would u guys still consider the new alien a “boutique “ machine?

It depends how many they end up producing. If the first batch doesn't have any major problems and people are happy with them, I could see this title selling 1,000+ games and taking it out of the boutique category.

1 month later
#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Compare this to Guns n Roses. PB need some marketing lessons.

Compared to Guns n Roses, even Stern needs some marketing lessons. Pinball companies have been historically terrible at marketing their products, they let the company owner or one or two old guys with little experience in modern marketing run their marketing campaign. Pinball shows as well. It finally feels now like that game is changing and some companies realize that a good investment in marketing, advertising and promotion will help them sell 1000s more games. As someone that does promotions and marketing, I cringe at how bad pinball companies are at this stuff.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I never said they don't play pinball, but its thriving due to home buyers and sorry kind sir but the 20 something's at 40 something aren't buying games. Does it really matter? Personally I don't care if pinball goes once I'm done.

Maybe this is a regional thing, but here in Seattle there are plenty of pinball collectors in their 30s and 40s. Lotsa younger people with tech jobs and disposable income that have gotten into pinball through barcades and the tournament scene then bought a bunch of new Sterns. They aren't on Pinside and take a while to show up in the collector scene, but there are plenty of them.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly I agree with you view lol. In 20 plus years of collecting from co-workers, general friends, and thousands of clients I have Yet to run into another person say "Hey, I collect/own pinballs also!" Not once. Add to that any of said groups that come over to visit all Love the games Until they ask "how much does one of these cost?" then they look at you like you're a nut and simply just enjoy the play time. Marketing outside the underground channels of the hobby would be a Huge waste of capital that only We would pay for in purchase cost. (Cargument) May be why we don't see many Ferrari commercials or magazine adds lol. Elite collectables.

This might be a regional thing. My town has a dozen barcades, multiple pinball leagues, multiple tournaments going on every night of the week in non-pandemic times, a big local show that draws 5,000 people, we do classic arcades at other big drawing events, we do a packed Game Collecting 101 seminar at the local Comicon that draws 60,000 people of a weekend, and there is a ton of younger people with high paying tech jobs. Pinball and 80s arcade games are all over here and everyone plays them out at bars, our collector and tournament community is huge, as it the casual player crowd. All my friends play pinball and a bunch own games. There are lots of young people, lots of women, and these days more and more people of color. I definitely think pinball is catching on with younger generations right now more than it has in the past 20-30 years.

3 weeks later
#3205 2 years ago

The deposits are with Cointaker and the first sample game from the new Italian factory is already stateside and was at the Ohio brewfest this past weekend. Seems like alot safer than say.... Deep Root.

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where’s all the reviews?

On the Ohio Brewfest thread there are a few reviews from people the played the first prototype that arrived in the states. Mostly very positive until a flipper mech broke.

#3338 2 years ago

We are more rare than we should be. My buddies know at this point that kinda talk is banned from my house as are sandaled feet or any other opened toed shoe on a man. I've green garbage bagged feet before and I will bag again. I would rather hack them off at the ankle but baby steps. Shorts is wear I get the most resistance. Banned.
[quoted image]

Such a sensitive snowflake. Not sure what this has to do with Aliens though.

#3342 2 years ago

Maybe time to look up the meaning behind calling someone a snowflake. If I'm snowflake then ur a woman.

That's not how it works, you are just a snowflake, it's got nothing to do with me. You are the one so easily offended by the words people use and clothes they wear that you need to complain about it in an Alien pinball thread on Pinside. I mean, geeze, shorts and sandals offend you? As does someone saying dude? That's taking snowflake to a whole new level. You've got to be in your 70s or 80s.

#3372 2 years ago

Thanks for proving my point, have a look at those things. I mean its fine I guess if ur trying to jump start a vomit. where's my hatchet?

Is your intense dislike for shorts and sandals a religious thing, like you need to be wearing your magic Mormon underwear? I just don't get it at all. How do you handle the beach, hot tubs, the pool at a hotel or travelling to anyplace warm?

#3486 2 years ago

Looks great! Better than I expected. The underside of the playfield looks so clean and probably easier to assemble and disassemble than most modern pins.

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Most guys spend $200 to put invisiglass on their game so they can see the PF clearer and you guys want to fire up a fog machine under the glass...

The fog machine in the video is behind the game, it's more for ambience. I don't think most people spend $200 on Invisiglass, I know barely anyone local that buys it for their games. I get $25 playfield glass from a local collector.

#3695 2 years ago

Pro: Better looking ramps and light up ball guides

2 weeks later
#3826 2 years ago

I've been in on alot of group container buys from Italy over the past 5 years and one thing I've learned is it's fairly unpredictable how long it can take to ship. After the shipping container is loaded, it can sit at the warehouse for up to a week before it's picked up. It's then loaded on a ship that can sit there for a few more days, which then stops at a bunch of other cities to load and offload containers. If you get the container or boat info, you can follow it online, it often takes 1-2 weeks after leaving the first port before it starts to cross the Atlantic. At least it's coming to the east coast so it will be faster, ours have to go through the Panama Canal and up the West Coast of North America which adds a lot more time.

#3847 2 years ago

It seems like they are really picking up speed in assembling new games if they got a second shipping container filled before the first one was even picked up. And that's just the games coming to the U.S., you have to think more are being shipped to other countries. They've surpassed the production rate of Dutch and Spooky very quickly, that's impressive for a company new to making pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.