20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Alien's electronics were very over-built. They used MCUs on their node boards that were about 4x more powerful (ahem expensive) than they needed to be. On top of this they did noob stuff like use an expensive FTDI232 converter IC even though the MCUs had built in USB support. I know this because it's the same noob stuff I did early on.
Also yes, a BBB would probably struggle with HD LCD video assets.

Does CGC uses LCD display or dot matrix?
I wonder if their 256 x 64 dots is a dmd as well

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It’s all LCD.

Oh ok. Dmd cost much more and more complex to use so I got why

What's the point to display custom dots on a lcd?
Funny isn’t it.
You could have redraw everything in HD cartoon like things.
Anyway I like the result, just saying...

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I played the Special Edition Monster Bash at Texas a lot last weekend. The double sized display and updated “dots” are so much better than the original. I’m not typically a fancy buyer, but the SE MBr would be my choice over the classic edition MBr.

I do agree it looks a lot better and the pin looks great and I understand its success for sure.
Only thing is, I could be a purist or else, but it feels strange to have dots display without a dmd diplay. It feels like an emulation to me.

At the end the result is great but the dot came from a constraint on the display : at the time they were able to make great animations with such tiny resolution it was something.
I would have prefered a real dmd but I'm maybe the only one who cares

To go back to the subject, I think it's doubtfull indeed there is enough power to run HD anims.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

All of their games use an emulation. They use a version of pinmame and the original rom code and some sort of mapping for the new higher detailed colored assets.

Ok thanks for the infos and the details.
Again it was the easy road.
New animations looks great again, i’d have been curious see the difference with a real dmd with those to compare the quality and feeling.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once again, it’s happening.
As to who builds them for USA, that’s not settled yet as far as I know
All you naysayers and doubters, take advantage of me.
I’ll wager $500 or whatever you want and take all comers!

what's the proof?
if it is in negotiation because figuring out the production cost, licensing and everything what makes you so sure about anything?

I mean you seem like the pin is under production.
At least share something relevant, it would be great.

and... why are you alowed to share it if it's even happening?

I may get one soon so it would be great that this is not just another rumor.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you guys can scratch your heads in disbelief all you want
I’m not gonna say another word about it
See you at the reveal . Or not

At least we know one thing: you don’t know when it’s gonna be revealed and if it will be
But you don’t give a F.

2 months later
#655 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, I'm not one to gloat, but looks like iceman44 owes me a nice big bottle of Woodford Reserve.
How are we gonna get this done? NYC liquor prices being what they are it's probably gonna be around 70 bucks.
Ice is an honorable man! (I hope)
[quoted image]

So Disney said no? Someone to call Disney’s CEO to check?
Huge amount of dollars to make.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read somewhere that the redesign of Alien and replacement of parts with Bally/Williams brand was a slam dunk. All other matters like licensing were being handled by lawyers as a mere formality. It was alleged that the game was almost ready to ship. All they needed was to find a factory that would lease them space for free. What happened?

Also heard that anyone caught not believing this rumor started by Iceman and perpetuated as gospel by Kaneda, would be publicly shamed. Now it turns out this was 100 percent bullshit from the beginning. One man’s pipe dream is what I called it, only to receive a downvote from Ice for it. Where’s Ice and his apology to the community? Where is CrazyLevi’s booze?

I’m too far away to get a drink but I’m gonna get a beer to think of this over.

2 months later
#779 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, I take that back:
You're wrong AND you're racist!
(Wich is kind of funny, since you're posting in a dutch forum.)

Cool down a bit... what did you mean by you’re wrong anyway. Delt is a big Alien fan and I think he was saying there will be always something special with the original game. That’s it.
The debate on the cabinet is pure speculation and this thread started on info no longer valid.

3 months later
#846 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Saw that delt31 put his Alien up for sale, maybe a sign that we will see a remake in 2020?

I thought he wrote he would never sell it. Anyone do what he wants and write as well.
Good luck with the sale. Mine stay at home and I don’t care for a remake.
Every new releases, things turn out crazy.

11 months later
#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For some reason all these lame teasers are just pissing me off. Quit with the bullshit and just post details.

Fully agree

#1017 3 years ago

This pin exists thanks to preorder money. I don’t think it’s fair to completely ignore the original let down buyers.
It’s like you could produce something you almost didn’t engineered with all the rights...
they remove the LCD and create a scoop diverter. Just wow.

#1059 3 years ago

To sum up with what we know: (for now)

Same Wide body layout
Same playfield art
Same LCD as TBL in back box (no more wide LCD screen )
No more LCD on PF and the space has been filled with Alien 1 and 2 missions.
New diverter for the scoop
Magnet to feed the upper right flipper
WMS coil mechanisms everywhere
The Pf is no more removable like before. (Classic style)

What we don’t know:
Cabinet art: still unknown. Probably a new one with decals
Backbox art : maybe the aurich LE one -> that’s my current bet.
Did they keep induction switch? Or classic ones....

Did I miss something?

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

seeing the Dutch Pinball screen in the game and the switch to WPC mechs as Noit1be said makes me also think Dutch Pinball manufactures these...
For all I know its a screen specially produced for them, and they use WPC mechs and Proc.
interesting thought...
Let’s see

Yes. The playfield art come from one of the picture so it’s pretty sure it’s the same. Maybe the last picture with the eggs will be on the backbox or caninet.
It would make sense they contacted DP for a production or helm or supplies.

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This is starting to look like a home edition pin from Stern compared to the original HP Alien...lol

For me, the assets of this pin was the theatre atmosphere with the sound. The screens are really important for that. I’m not sure to understand why they minimize the big back box screen and remove the one on the playfiled. It was the game signature. How you will handle the Alien during ambush multiball without your radar!
Where are the innovations ? I hope to see the real pin from them someday.

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So what part is that?

a gate?

#1218 3 years ago

I don’t get why it’s important. Can’t they show us their final product instead ?

#1266 3 years ago

Same playfield, same induction switch system, same art (on the back) for the cabinet.
Not changed that much after all.

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The tongue mech is present in their latest teaser post. You can see it extended out to the magnet on the playfield.
[quoted image]

Probably it’s the only purpose of this picture. I don’t see other.

#1478 3 years ago

SE version new back glass.
At the end we will have the same art.
Only the cabinet info now...

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Which one do you prefer? One looks cheap and released 2 years after. They have margin for the LE to make it better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So many things removed... pf LCD, big screen, side blades lit, black legs, lighted cabinet, beacons lights ..... wow. Many several models will be released with more and more mods... or maybe everytning will be on a LE minus the LcD pf... we’ll see

1 month later
#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Coming from someone that owns the original. Dude, your value in this game is about to tank. Get over it, pretend it's a stock in a shitty company.. bail when you can or hold strong... Even tho a new Company is about to make a better one.. reminds me of blackberry, when they thought they were untouchable. Is what it is, deal with it and move on. PP is cleaning up with MM, MA, MB.

A new company? All the board were flagged pinball brothers on mine so it seems they lead something at some point.

2 months later
#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was there for all of it. Screen failures were minimal and easy fix. Why you insist on bashing the game is beyond me. New version ( standard, LV, whatever) won't have a PF screen, and has nothing to do w reliability, but rather cost savings,

Yes, I never had any single issue with center screen too.

1 week later
#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ok, Delt, I'll speak up. I have been in line for a couple of years for the remake, and still am. I finally bought Roger's LE 001 as I was tired of waiting. And, no regrets at all. So...you owned how many standards with problems, and rebranded them as LEs? One with a number plate you modified to 426, I recall. Did you ever own a late run LE? Have you played the remake in person? Prediction: you will be looking for an original, probably an LE, again. The remake is very cool, and I'm really happy to see it happen, but what is your agenda here? Maybe you are angry at the OG owners. Beats me. I'm still in for an LV, but frankly love my original, so it will have to be incredible to lateral over. Pinball Bros is making new more reliable I/O boards for original owners, not that I've had any problems at all. I'll be interested to see how many fixes will be needed on the remakes. I've had to swap a DVI cable to the playfield screen, that's it. As for the hypersleep magnet, the shot is really satisfying without it, as it is more technical, like making the warp speed ramp on ST. Imagine a magnet for that game! No thanks. The hypersleep ball lock that pops up and down, not really a big deal. The big deal is that PB remade the same game for a great price. But the og stands as one of my favorite games 20 years in this hobby. BTW, I fast forwarded through SDTM with Zach, and it was seriously painful to listen to your lectures. Good grief, we are all human.

Some truth...

well said !
+1

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Bump.
Why cant this room be focused on the new machine and not always bouncing back to the OG and the differences..So many new people here with no desire to constantly have to see posts about the OG. The other room is perfect for this..
Let's talk about how to make it our best pin in our collection....Cant wait for the unveiling of the LV... yes i am number one on that list....Joking..

Thanks. As an Alien owner and huge fan of the franchise, I still follow all the infos about that.
I just react when i have something to say or something which bug me a bit.
Yes let’s focus on this pin for sure.

1 month later
#3939 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just got mine yesterday. First stream with be tomorrow (6/20/2021 at 8pm EST) on Twitch - twitch.tv/hurryuppinball

Really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=noitbe1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.