20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Game 1 - sold out, all delivered
Game 2 - sold out, all delivered
Game 3 - contract, all delivered
Game 4 - contract, all delivered
Game 5 - expected 100 to 200... sold 550, multiple best in show, Pinball News "Game of the Year". All delivered
Game 6 - in production for rest of 2019, well over 400 of 500 sold
Game 7 - in development
Game 8 - in development
We'll try harder (and I mean that... we always are!) We're never going to make 1,000 of anything, but we're going to cross the 2,000 games delivered mark this year.

Unfortunately game 5 has a horrific playfield failure that you haven’t told us what the cause of or tackled effectively compared to other issues by the other manufacturers mentioned.

Neil.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

basically a playfield defect that means big chips are being gouged out of the playfield near the star posts. Look on the TNA forum. But from what I've been able to figure out 300 odd of the 550 games have this failure. The "solution" is to put rubber washers under the starposts, which doesn't fix the existing damage which I believe will get worse. I don't like to have a beef with anyone but in this instance there has not been transparency on the cause of the issue, nor what games are affected.

But if you have a TNA that's numbers >~60-~450< there is a high degree you have this problem and I strongly advise getting the washers. Although in my view without transparency around the cause I'm concerned that other defects in the playfield will occur... my TNA has a big chip gouged out of the playfield that looks horrific. If this was Stern or JJP there would be rioting in the streets...

Cheers,
Neil.

1 week later
#333 5 years ago

to change to a Williams esq style setup so much would have to change:

1: CGC need a wide body cabinet - not hard for them considering they make cabinets
1: complete new playfield that would mount properly with the holes in the right place, and would it have the screen in the playfield?
2: CGC game platform, assume the code can be ported but can the CGC platform play lots of live action video with an overlay?
3: complete redesign of all the electronic boards, where CGC go for a large main board which would be huge for a widebody
4: backbox redesign to take computer and a large screen.

So pretty much all you would take is the play field design in what ever cad package its in and then try to overlay/import it into CGCs system adjust it so it worked with the Williams style cabinet...

or the pinball brothers supply all the parts and CGC do assembly. Feels unlikely to me.

Frankly if the pinball brothers try to do anything with the assets of heighway limited I'll personally refer them to companies house, the fraud squad and the administrator of the outstanding liabilities, lots of folks are owed money and the pinball brothers need to put those people right.

Neil.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Alien uses a sliding PF design now. Sure the mech is different, but no reason to believe it would take a 'whole new PF'
Alien code already runs on a generic PC - no need to port it. Biggest change would be if they were to re-design the I/O boards
The interface boards could be reworked - but that's a choice. You can buy them directly from China right now if you needed to... Most would say they should fix some of the shortcomings of the electrical design of them.. but that's a revision, not a whole new design
Other topics could be more impactful like... do you continue to use the inductive switches? Because if you didn't, that would be very disruptive to the playfield and require a lot of changes.

When you look at the alien design and BW design it doesn't look so easy to me, either the playfield spots might need moving or the brackets changing, or playfield redesigning.

It runs on a PC board that's the only thing that the same. It would need changing to work with CGC's beagle board and I/O system, not an impossible task I agree. It's not just ./Configure; Make && make install!

Its just not how CGC have made other games.

I'm not saying someone else couldn't make it, I just don't see it being CGC.

But as I noted before Pinball brothers have a lot of folks to put right and they will goto jail if it turns out they hid/didn't declare valuable assets from the bankruptcy process!

Regards,
Neil.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

So instead of doing the right thing (delivering games to paid in full customers and refunding deposits) they sold all of assets to their own company. Then they sold all of the completed games to new money customers and ran into bankruptcy.
They did everything right for themselves and nothing for the customers who paid for a game they never got.

its called fraud and in the UK carries a 5 year jail sentance.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there any indication Heighway hid assets in the bankruptcy? I didn’t follow closely but I thought the deal was that PB bought assets out of the Heighway bankruptcy, so that PB wouldn’t have any legal obligations to Heighway’s other creditors (like the preorder folks) unless they failed to follow UK bankruptcy rules in some way.

It's not clear in my view but I don't understand how those assets wouldn't have been valued enough to pay all the pre-order folks their money back.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Because there was a lot of money owed to a lot of other debtors besides the pre order crowd. Substantially more from what I read. So the money went towards that debt.
To my knowledge pinball brothers doesn’t have to pay any debtors or pre order buyers.

Are you a debtor? If not I don't know how you would know that. The pinball brothers company probably has no liability, but the individual directors for sure have, and their actions in transferring the assets will be critical.

Regards,
Neil.

#404 5 years ago

yup indeed, note there isn't any mention of IPR on the entire proceedings.

Quoted from knockerlover:

Hard to prove what assets were bought by pinball brothers prior to bankruptcy, vs pulled out of Heighway..
One things that’s interesting to me, is Andrew Heighway, one of the pinball brothers Daniel Janson (free-play.se) who is selling this alien parts, and pinball brothers themselves are all listed as creditors on the Heighway bankruptcy...

so how was the license or the IPR of the platform transferred and under what terms; It is very easy to prove, as there must be paperwork and FOX must have agreed to transfer the license.

Quoted from iceman44:

I’d say that’s some pretty ridiculous speculation
You don’t hear anybody whining or suing about not getting paid
The previous fraud is 100% on Andrew
Let’s let the facts come out. The full release of the Mueller report I mean Alien project will be released soon!

Actually you do Ice, plenty of folks are unhappy about it. Oh he is not innocent for sure but that's a different issue. Who owns the Alien license? And the queen license? who owns the IPR for the design of the machines, how was that sold on and the funds distributed from that? In the UK transferring assets between companies that have an overlapping directors/board is frowned upon and as a director in the UK that has transferred assets let me tell you that its non-trivial and the HMRC are pretty aggressive when they see it and they have upto 5 years to follow up.

Not saying its a slam dunk but there is £300K of customers at least that need sorting out first and its not acceptable that PB just lift assets and start building as if nothing had happened.

Neil.

3 months later
#724 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The Lebowski development is that the ~40 units that were manufactured several years ago and have been sitting in a Dutch warehouse while the lawyers fought it out are now being sold to new buyers through Cointaker. Dutch Pinball says they are still hopeful to produce more TBLs some day (presumably through their Chinese manufacturer), eventually fulfilling their obligation to the many customers that paid full or partial deposits directly to DP and never received a game, but there's no evidence to show if or when that will happen.
I don't think this has anything to do with the rumors that Alien may go back into production though.

lets be really clear. Pinball machines that where the property of the EA's have been stolen and sold to new owners and the EA's sent down the river. All the money being raised is paying ARA what DP owe them already.

1 year later
#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To sum up with what we know: (for now)
Same Wide body layout
Same playfield art
Same LCD as TBL in back box (no more wide LCD screen )
No more LCD on PF and the space has been filled with Alien 1 and 2 missions.
New diverter for the scoop
Magnet to feed the upper right flipper
WMS coil mechanisms everywhere
The Pf is no more removable like before. (Classic style)
What we don’t know:
Cabinet art: still unknown. Probably a new one with decals
Backbox art : maybe the aurich LE one -> that’s my current bet.
Did they keep induction switch? Or classic ones....
Did I miss something?

same scamming thieves making it?

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

The answer to this forum appears to be Yes...
[quoted image]

a guy who is owed a ton of money from these crooks on another forum put it like this:

"We robbed your house but you can buy it back for 50%"

just think how you'll be treated if you are mental enough to buy one of these games and you have a problem?

pinball the hobby that just loves the sucker punch.

#1230 3 years ago

1EFEE876-8EA0-4D32-BAEF-2D9BD2570C38 (resized).jpeg1EFEE876-8EA0-4D32-BAEF-2D9BD2570C38 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.