20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You've never seen the Xeno Jaw go into an endless scream loop at drain, straight after 3rd last Xeno hit?

You mean Spaceballs chest buster singing mode.

1D8B47A0-231C-4B96-9942-B04A7CC35916.gif1D8B47A0-231C-4B96-9942-B04A7CC35916.gif
2 weeks later
#2259 3 years ago

I'm really curious as to the $7777.00 SE vs. the now what looks to be removed price of the LV ? CoinTaker had them at I think they were $9995.00 I can't find the price listed on their website anymore.. "The game details have not been finalized". Are they now changing the pricing ? Either way for the roughly $2,200 difference I'm guessing :

Upgraded back box larger LCD
Back Glass artwork upgrade
Black Gloss Armor (or something to represent the drippy Alien Queen type look)
Shaker
Alternative Translucent Glowing cabinet side art / plexi pieces
Colored Titan / Upgraded colored polyurethane rubber rings
Under cabinet lighting
Unique Topper exclusively for the LV Beacons or perhaps something else that links game play
Numbered plaque / serialized plates up to guessing 426 units.
LCD underneath playfield / or additional LCD in the Lockbar would probably be most cost effective for them not to need to change playfields
Pop Bumper eggs that close / open during certain modes
The Xenomorph inner mouth teeth type upgrade near the magnet area

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I’m not really sure what game can beat it for 2021 releases.

While I'm all about Alien, If done right with all of these Data East re-vamped versions a Back To The Future has so much potential.

#2322 3 years ago
1EF11468-9EC6-4FE0-A3AF-3C91A0F6A1D7.gif1EF11468-9EC6-4FE0-A3AF-3C91A0F6A1D7.gif
#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Sorry PinBros but if all you can show is a 7sec video I find that concerning.

“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
Sorry for the delay, please bear with us.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers

I agree with this, they contradict themselves. They claimed they already shipped games / air shipped (to CoinTaker) some & built what 22 machines ?! Yet they now have a problem, and claim need to fix before shipping ?!

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So where is this video that shows the prototype’s three ball lock.

https://m.facebook.com/pinballbrothers/videos/681486082547477/

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm too close to too many things to bring anything of value to this thread, but do watch it. I hope the games get made. I hope people can enjoy this new experience. More Alien Pinball is a good thing* (*)= tbd.

It's good to see a Heighway Alien owner in the thread, so I think that actually does add value to this thread in itself. Possibly any adjustments you made to your game can assist those that decide to go with the Pinball Brothers Alien remake. Speaking of value, I'm curious to know what this will do to that of the market on the original Heighway Alien games, I would imagine similar to that when CGC remade some of the Williams titles. You'll always have mixed opinions when it comes to re-makes but reliability (& what the LV offers) with this game will be a major contributing factor. I think if Pinball Brothers is successful (sales / reliability) with Alien I can see them making a Predator as game #2. These titles would certainly compliment each other.

#2428 3 years ago

I'm giving this thread a BIG Thumbs Up!

Thumbs_Up_Alien_mrclean.pngThumbs_Up_Alien_mrclean.png
#2434 3 years ago
Pinball_Brothers_MRCLEAN_PINSIDE.gifPinball_Brothers_MRCLEAN_PINSIDE.gif
#2481 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is great to see they've brightened it up without losing that great vibe that something like pinstadiums kills. Super excited about this

Lighting is important...Ripley agrees, she keeps getting blinded by those pinstadium flashers!

EE449411-9F6B-498D-9FDC-3706354152FB.gifEE449411-9F6B-498D-9FDC-3706354152FB.gif
#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, it's the same as the original one, just missing the screen.
Nothing new and all known as the first prototype was released... that machine already had second magnet, drop targets and so on.

What about the improved lighting, physical air lock / ball lock, & presumably reliability isn't that new over the OG Alien from Heighway? The only major unknowns are the LV's. But they are to be *likely* expected upgrades such as upgraded glass, larger LCD, beacons (or some type of special Topper), numbered plate, shaker, possibly upgraded backglass art etc... Things I'd be surprised about them including in the LV would be the translucent side blades & playfield LCD for the cabinet as that's a key component to the originals & really makes Alien in general stand out.

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would be down with those OG EL rails. I am disappointed they are missing on this.

This game is screaming for the LV to have a powder coat that would match the Alien exterior body, like a chrome / drippy black armor look if that makes sense.

#2534 3 years ago

I noticed an expected dip on original Alien Heighway games popping up on marketplace, It's inevitable with the re-make pending..... Is the Pinball Brothers Alien LV pricing still at $9995 ?

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have a friend who works in cargo shipping he said some really really heavy boxes came from Italy yesterday . Maybe good news !

Yeah heavy boxes from Italy... could be :

Ferrari
Lamborghini
Maserati
Alien

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It says f-r-a-g-I-l-e !
Ugh turned out to be nothing but boxes with prosciutto

Hey Oneangrymo this ones for you....

Alien_LV_Mrclean (resized).pngAlien_LV_Mrclean (resized).png
#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Although you may absolutely be right, What else could be changed out to charge the extra 2267 in price from an SE?

Everyone wants to know this but guessing a few possibilities...

Upgraded playfield glass
Larger LCD backbox screen
Upgraded mirrored backglass art / Upgraded art
Special Topper / beacon lights
Under cabinet lighting
Black drippy powder coated armor
Serialized plate
Glowing Side blade art
Lockdown bar w./ LCD integration or playfield LCD

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And since the LV is 6 months down the road

Roads ?! Where we're going we don't need roads!

C92CFFC9-09A2-4EFA-B0F7-841E014D5F41 (resized).jpegC92CFFC9-09A2-4EFA-B0F7-841E014D5F41 (resized).jpeg
#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Similar thing happened to my le when I ordered it , got delayed because of a sea monster and ended up in Australia . Stupid sea monsters

9B6A461A-33DF-4D46-A772-6DD9B7AAD8EA (resized).jpeg9B6A461A-33DF-4D46-A772-6DD9B7AAD8EA (resized).jpeg
#2616 3 years ago

Came back to this thread to see Yipykya ears got pierced...

2 months later
#3201 3 years ago

Excited to know about the upcoming LV features. Guessing 3-6 months from now for a list of those features ? With delivery date around December ?

1 week later
#3522 2 years ago

Excited for the LV announcement , I hope it has some type of black trim / armor. I would imagine an upgraded backbox larger LCD, Also for the LV I could see them using the same type of resin / clear stuff for the sides of the cabinets where it says "ALIEN" and have that lit with color changing LED's.

alienLV (resized).pngalienLV (resized).png
#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I really am not a fan of how they released this. It's to the point now I wish they would not have even brought up having 2 models. Not only because of all the 'bigger screen/pf comments' but simply because they had no idea at the time what was going to be different, and so everyone is left guessing or on the sidelines until something is confirmed.
I bought an SV simply because, who knows if they will make it to LV's? Also, price points have went through the roof since the announcements. I have a feeling LV is going to cost more than originally stated, if they even make them (they have not hinted otherwise as of yet).

Not only 426 LV's but 79 XV's. The XV (Similar to Stern's SLE) will come with a piece of the Nostromo ship, with some blood remnants from a stow away.

1 month later
#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'm down for a LV so just patiently waiting and watching from the sidelines

Ditto just want to know what it will offer over the standard.

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

couple dozen games and still no issues, rly enjoying how it flips, very light and snappy. I read somewhere that someone was worried about flipper strength, don't be, default is fine and you can turn it up plenty.
audio is excellent, speakers don't seem crappy
screen is a perfect size to me, doesn't seem too big or too small.
seems like a beacon will be included in the LE package.
[quoted image]

It’s funny right before you posted this and it’s been mentioned previously but the LV you just confirmed one of my / other peoples guesses as to the additional goodies / upgrades it will include.

Still gonna say hopefully LV will include :

-Beacons Interactive Topper (*looks now confirmed)
-Numbered Plaque / Certificate
-Mirrored Lit Alt Backglass
-Hardware / Rails Powder coated “trim” in Drippy Alien shinny Black color to match that of the Queen.
-Larger backglass LCD monitor
-Specialty shooter rod
-Specialty Glass (such as invisiglass)
-Under cabinet green or (game interactive LED) glow
-Shaker (does this come on standard?)
-Alien Logo Side glow (somehow lit side cabinet logos plexiglass / translite)
-LCD in playfield (hopefully but unlikely)
-If no LCD in playfield perhaps interactive built into the “lockbar LCD”.
-Additional mode / video assets
-Pinball Brothers Club automatic enrollment into “PBC”. Members take priority of new future releases.

3 weeks later
#3978 2 years ago

Excited for Alien LV features.

Hopefully they resolve all of the common issues that you guys had on the first run of the standards when additional standards / the LV is ready to ship. Is the LV features reveal still slated for October ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,999 (OBO)
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=mrclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.