20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not:
Re-engineering and redesigning that entire lemon to 1) actually work, and 2) fit into a standard WPC cabinet is an expensive and time-consuming proposition.
The question is not "why not," it's "why?" Why would they do that when they have at least 10 years worth of profitable re-makes of 90s games ahead of them?
Maybe FIFTEEN YEARS worth of 90s remakes, as others have pointed out SS, TOTAN, WWater etc. are all viable.
You haven't even tried to answer that.

Agreed, I don’t believe it. Potential market is a few hundred games. Not worth it for CGC who is busy building B/W remakes for another five years.

ps -I could see a need to up the license if .... someone planned to create a digital version of Alien for online sale. that rumor is free of charge.

#112 5 years ago

funny thing. I mentioned Alien was my GOAT and ....Kaneda said Alien could never be considered a great game because it didn’t include any likeness of sigourney weaver nor is the rest of the cast shown in video and no theme song. For those reasons the game was a FAIL, presumably a horrible mess. Also since it supposedly never sold well, meant it wasn’t that good. It couldn’t be, right?

One week later ... swapping out for b/w parts, redesigning mech’s and asking a company to build a widebody pin for the first time is a wonderful idea. No changes on the weaver and cast front, and the software and code is done - but Alien will be a great pin. Whereas Andrew could hardly sell and build 125 Alien games, the market craves them by the hundreds for the same price (which was $9k delivered). :-/t=

ok call me stupid. The Dude says when something smells fishy in Denmark, it means K is full of shit. I’d call this strike 2, and if so ... it’s the end of Kaneda as we know him.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a no-brainer!!!!!

even a caveman could figure that one out.

#207 5 years ago

nice post and offer to provide Charlie with access to talent.

Can we get a Truth Checker to aisle 5? K’s podcast needs some assistance, and bring 2 dumpsters.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well you are first guy to back him up publicly.
Are you willing to give us your "100 percent/ass tattoo" guarantee?!
I'm gonna request me, on the left cheek.

Time to up the stakes for all challenges! That’s right, tattoos must now be on your face cheeks, baby. No hiding an embarrassing ass tat in public with clothing this time, it will stick out in a crowd. Let the name forever ... Shame him. Shame him.

#266 5 years ago

My best game was getting to all out war on ball three of a five ball game.

I wish the rumor of more Alien games being made was true so more could play and own one. Too many obstacles though, this pipe dream will never leave the runway.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I can tell you with absolute certainty, if they are being made anytime soon. It isn’t with the original hardware. (I/O Boards, Jaw/Tongue, Computer).
Those manufacturers confirmed today, they haven’t received any orders.

If CGC were redesigning the widebody cabinet, cabinet art, backbox, backbox art, mechanisms, pc, boards and wire harnesses, which it sounds like they would be doing per the current rumor, then what’s left? Only the playfield, software, video and sound/music. Why redesign everything around an existing playfield, only to redesign 99% and still end with a widebody?

If the rumor had been ... Alien was licensed for a new version of the pinball machine, I might have believed it.

#327 5 years ago

I lost the will to dream this weekend. Wanting a NIB experience and realizing there will be - No Predator, No Lebowski, No AlienR, No more POTC and No BBBr2 sitings in my future! What else won’t I be able to get in 2019

#347 5 years ago

Ice,

Curious who is remaking Alien per your rumor? Does their name rhyme with Pandrew Pheighway?

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once again, it’s happening.
As to who builds them for USA, that’s not settled yet as far as I know

If it is unknown whom will build these games, there is no deal. This is some man's pipe dream and is barely worthy of rumor status in an Insiders club. Until Pinball Brothers redesigns the game, builds samples, tests until proven reliable, selects a contract manufacturer, works out a funding plan, addresses vendors and debtors whom they stiffed, receives & QC's enough components to build 100 games, builds a service department capable of providing support and learns how to communicate with customers - they aren't a real company.

Odds of PB making and selling 100 Alien games in 2019 < 1%. Odds of a new game being made with same sized monitors, Xeno head, sleep lock and lit cabinet art and being offered in 2019 for $9k delivered, just like the original, is 0%.

#443 5 years ago

I’ll bet $1M against it happening.

disclaimer - I’m not rich enough to bet anybody $1M

#513 5 years ago

Predator pinball is my number one theme but the game was a mess. Kevin’s version was illegitimate and he is a CONman. Some of the modes sounded fun. Art was ok, sculpts were good, but layout and shots sucked ass. Pinball Brothers should spend their efforts designing a new Predator pin. We want Predator!

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll step away and come back in 60 days to claim my winnings!

Come back in two weeks. Ice says they’ve almost found a manufacturer and Hilton says 04/18/19 is the deadline for units being trucked to customers.

Then come back in two months to collect your bet.

2 weeks later
#557 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

This pipe dream grows closer to reality each day. Way past due for full court coverage by all the podcasters. By week’s end, I expect this factory will be cranking out 100 Aliens a day. All games come loaded with German engineering and visit with the Queen. Don’t miss out.

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well this “startup” made a great pin after many years, produced and delivered
That’s why

And they did it poorly with lies, lack of communication, missed deadlines, horrible customer service, no follow through on their promises and they transferred assets from previous company in dark of night. Apparently they learned nothing along the way as there was no evidence of them fixing any issues in company.

Now these toads have a brilliant new idea to redesign and remake the game. Good luck! Anybody considering doing business with Pinball Brothers is advised to go in with eyes wide open.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just think it is hilarious that he promised to get it and quit his podcast shtick if Aliens was not out by April 18th. The guy that obsessed over Aliens for years, then becomes the big behind the scenes hypester, only to have his intel give him wrong information after he already spoke so big. He has zero follow through.

His TBL prediction was supposedly a lock too, and that one didn't happen either. Madea would remind us - when you make a bet, you need to honor your word and accept the consequences. The wager was an ass tattoo and to quit podcasting, right? I'd be content with K-man getting a Hilton tat on his face but to keep on broadcasting. It's time to pay the piper Can we hire Tony Mantanio to make this happen ???

1 month later
#656 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

So Disney said no? Someone to call Disney’s CEO to check?
Huge amount of dollars to make.

I read somewhere that the redesign of Alien and replacement of parts with Bally/Williams brand was a slam dunk. All other matters like licensing were being handled by lawyers as a mere formality. It was alleged that the game was almost ready to ship. All they needed was to find a factory that would lease them space for free. What happened?

Also heard that anyone caught not believing this rumor started by Iceman and perpetuated by Kaneda as gospel would be publicly shamed. Turns out to be 100 percent bullshit from the beginning while maybe 0 percent of the real effort required to make this happen has occurred to date. The only part of the rumor cycle we did not hear were people claiming to have seen it and who could confirm it played great. At least nobody sent in preorder dollars this go round.

One man’s pipe dream is what I called it, only to receive a downvote from Ice for it. Where’s Ice and his apology to the community? Where is CrazyLevi’s booze?

edit - just remembered Vid is missing too. Starting to think Vid may have been part of an Alien encounter gone bad. If Vid is piloting an ufo, what are the chance he stopped to give Ice a lift?

1 month later
#704 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Hoping it’s sooner rather than later. Looks like iceman44’s predictions (statements about TBL and Alien) are happening - better late than never!

wtf, where do you get that? I count 0 for 2.

We were told more TBL’s and re-engineered Aliens would be made soon, and they haven’t been. Kaneda made a podcast about it. He posted it, took it down and then put it back up. So where are we now? No physical progress on either. If anyone has seen something show it, but until that happens both rumors are mirages. Selling hostage games was the recent outcome of a trial and they were built two years ago. Promises by Barry to build games have no credibility.

Kaneda has chosen to double down on his bullshit rumors episode by rebroadcasting it today - in it he pledges to quit podcasting and to get an ass tat if these don’t happen. To me that means he remaking the challenges. I say he has until October and if neither is shown, he owes us the consequences he’s promised twice.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

What is the problem with the current cabinet?

The current cabinet is partly awesome and part pita.

The proprietary design allows the cabinet sides to glow with light and the artwork panels can be swapped. Some can’t get past that things are different and some complain the removable sides are too narrow.

However, this design falls flat in regards to how the playfield glass is held in place. Rather than sliding the glass into a channel like all other pins, the glass is attached to a large metal frame that must be positioned atop the side rails and then latched down. The problem is the entire weight of a widebody glass plus the frame is heavy and the assembly is awkwardly large.

Positioning and locking the glass down once is fine, but if you’ve removed the glass and gone through the process a hundred times, you’ve probably cursed a hundred times. Given a choice, I’d still pick the Heighway cabinet design, just to celebrate something different. If it was offered as an upgrade option I’d buy it.
4F8666A4-9A61-458C-A190-742ECB9EA9A9.jpeg4F8666A4-9A61-458C-A190-742ECB9EA9A9.jpeg80CE8D5D-7D68-41F6-B335-A9F7CB8F2484.jpeg80CE8D5D-7D68-41F6-B335-A9F7CB8F2484.jpeg

1 month later
#789 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I haven't listened to the podcast, but apparently Barry has just announced that DP's plan to move forward is for Barry to personally hand-make 500 additional Lebowskis and sell them at $12.5k to generate funds, at which point DP can turn to servicing its debt to the existing preorders. So it sounds like DP might be perfectly positioned to tackle a side-project remaking Alien ...

building and selling 500 TBL's @ $12.5k - haha. DP should fix the game's design flaw's, update software and price the game at $10k.

... and then they will service TBL EA's - pure BS!

edit - why we discussing TBL in an Alien thread?

1 year later
#989 3 years ago

We’ve glossed over a recent development without batting an eye. This schematic is a widebody, however every rumor until now has AlienR as a standard width. A standard width sample game was allegedly built and being shopped around for production. So was that part of the rumor patently false and wrongly passed on from story to story? Or is it probably true and this might represent a new approach to designing the game?

In my book - the widebody design, lit cabinet panels, Xeno and in-playfield lcd are all features I would not want removed. Doing so, PB might as well redesign the pin 100% from the ground up. If PB want to make Alien, make it look exactly like the original (or with a few enhancements), keep software unchanged, maybe add new art. Do not allow the remake to be something fubar.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The current directors did not lose any money, they made plenty with this move. Do not forget they were selling NIB's or very nice specimens for 12-14K each for the last 2 years as Karl wrote. Just after the last one is gone they announce the remake (I see games popping up on the forums now fast; buyers want to sell them in fear of value drop). Coincidence? I think not.

So if final games were selling well and the design remains a widebody and costed out are the in-playfield lcd and lit cabinet panels. ... wouldn’t you expect the base model to be offered for $10k and maybe a snazzier model for $12k? I can see no reason to expect it would sell for any less $10k since originals sold much higher at the very end. Heck, I could see these being sold for $12k plus international shipping, practically $13k. We’ll see what the pricing soon enough.

This situation is sad for a number of reasons, primarily because Pinball Brothers is keeping their distance from customers and vendors who were screwed over by Heighway Pinball. Secondly because it is selling for much more than the original LE model sold, yet it has a lot less stuff. There is probably more cut that hasn’t been noted, such as the xenomorph. If that is gone, then this redesign is STUFFED.

If a new version cost $13k and you could buy a HUO original Alien in the market for $13k, choosing the original design with more stuff is an obvious choice. The old one is fantastic, so unless PB could produce a new, scaled back one for close to the $9k original version delivered, they will be shooting themsselves in the foot. Offer game at a fair price and it will sell more and everybody has good will.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I kinda figured when I saw David Thiel liking all the Pinball Bros teaser posts on FB that they were looping back in the original design team with the re-release, it's good to hear that is actually happening. Can't we be excited about an improved Alien coming to market instead of speculating all the ways it will be awful? We need some positive news at the end of this trying year.

Did David get paid for his work? Some did not and many suppliers were shafted.

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To sum up with what we know: (for now)
Same Wide body layout
Same playfield art
Same LCD as TBL in back box (no lore wide LCD screen )
No more LCD on PF and the space has been filled with Alien 1 and 2 missions.
New diverter for the scoop
Magnet to feed the upper right flipper
WMS coil mechanisms everywhere
The Pf is no more removable like before. (Classic style)
What we don’t know:
Cabinet art: still unknown. Probably a new one with decals
Backbox art : maybe the aurich LE one -> that’s my current bet.
Did they keep induction switch? Or classic ones....
Did I miss something?

Yeah

does the chamber switch mean a physical ball lock will be added there?
status of smaller lcd on playfield?
wtf happened to Xeno? Is it there? Does it work? Is it different?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

9,799 (OBO)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.