20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For some reason all these lame teasers are just pissing me off. Quit with the bullshit and just post details.

Couldn’t agree more if your a new start up with zero baggage tease away but when you have the stench from years of lies and stolen money lingering your best off cutting the bullshit and showing your hand in full.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To sum up with what we know: (for now)
Same Wide body layout
Same playfield art
Same LCD as TBL in back box (no more wide LCD screen )
No more LCD on PF and the space has been filled with Alien 1 and 2 missions.
New diverter for the scoop
Magnet to feed the upper right flipper
WMS coil mechanisms everywhere
The Pf is no more removable like before. (Classic style)
What we don’t know:
Cabinet art: still unknown. Probably a new one with decals
Backbox art : maybe the aurich LE one -> that’s my current bet.
Did they keep induction switch? Or classic ones....
Did I miss something?

Same playfield art is disappointing, no offence to Aurich he did great with the assets Andrew gave him, which if I remember reading a post by Aurich was a abit of a nightmare.

I’d love to see new playfield art, without Aurich or whoever unhampered by mis-management.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

[quoted image]

Where is that photo from @shmilder?

#1096 3 years ago

The motion tracker could be added to the apron right under the players nose, a screen in the apron could be smaller and far cheaper than the one embedded into the playfield and would allow them to keep the motion tracker aspect alive.

#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If this really happens, exactly all these cutbacks will raise the interest to the original ALIEN machine again.
No playfield monitor is a great loss to the entire gameplay feeling.
And without doubts, everything "new" the remake might have, will base on the improvements made by the community.
For instance remember the PB posting of the airlock frame... we already have this done.
So what could be really useful improvements?
An old fashioned BB with a standard WPC cabinet and decals?
That currently in use is same but has this nice illuminted panels - I need no other design because it fits perfect to the theme.
Some improved assemblies would be nice... my first work was to swap these damned cheap crappy Williams-Clamps to STERN/Data East - but that's nothing special at all.
I hope this remake won't be a deceptive package at the end.
Take care...

You need to think outside the box a little, no playfield lcd is no major lose, the ammo count inserts are actually a pretty good idea and on sentry gun modes those inserts could be great! Plus the lcd in the playfield was only mirrored from the backbox, put the motion tracker in the apron and you have the best of both worlds maybe even an improvement? No one can say that for certain until it actually gets build and hands are on it though.

Airlock frame is a non issue, old users and new users can and will have it, no one looses out there.

Traditional cabinets would be a good idea and would surely keep costs down compared to a bespoke cabinet.

Either way there’s a good amount of original aliens out there, if the new one does get made WITHOUT any pinheads pre order money (pinball bros you gotto get this one out the door yourselves!) and it brings a revised Alien to the market there will be old owners who want the newer version, freeing up original alien games, hopefully a win win for everyone interested in an alien original or new. Endgame, more pins is never a bad thing.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Biggest problem imo is going to be having any confidence that they’re going to stand behind it, or even exist for long enough for owners to maintain it. It’s been noted on the UK forum that their latest accounts show them being £1 million in the red.

If they sell 100 @ 10k a pop and in this hobby we know that’s achievable, one strong release can help right the ship somewhat. And then game 2 and 3 get the ship sailing again, I hope they don’t try and do that with Alien off the bat and try to charge 10k plus!

But as you say they also need to prove longevity and that they are not just in this as a one hit wonder in an attempt for them to solely recover some of their lost money. The fact they are making so many changes to Alien might suggest they are in it for the long haul but we need a little solid proof of that.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I guess that’s ultimately my point. These people played inside baseball by seemingly selling themselves intellectual property from a bankrupt company to a newly incorporated company while screwing people out of cash.

Regardless what happened, if they hadn’t sold off assets to themselves, we likely wouldn’t be seeing this new 2.0 version of Alien.

While not ideal from the outside, if this was their intention when Heighway collapsed from within and formed PB, it’s certainly a better outcome than letting everything under Heighway just dissolve into nothing, especially if they are going to look after those who lost money with Heighway.

Plus the big point here other than the fact they have said they will do something for those who lost out with Heighway, is their statement about no pre-order money being taken until physical games are with distributors.

They just need to get their pricing right, trying to get the ship sailing again on release one is not going to work for them with the baggage they have from Andrew, this needs to be priced to right the ship and prove they are genuine and it’s not Alien 2.0 with Heighway 2.0 and use games 2 and 3 to get the business out the red and into the black.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

one day we'll have a lineup at Galloping Ghost Pinball of the Predator pin, Big Lebowski, and Alien, and we'll be able to regale our disinterested grandchildren with stories about our glory days

Not a bad idea, what’s the best way you could follow up on Alien as a licence, Predator!

Get a Predator game out the door to follow up Alien (tonne of people wanted and probably still want a “good” predator game) and you would gain some kudos for that one.

After that might as well make a new Terminator pin with T1 & T2 together like Alien/s for the holy 80s/90s trinity!

1 week later
#1307 3 years ago

Would have been great to see some new playfield art, I remember reading Aurich posts years ago saying something along the lines of Andrew not giving him a great deal of art assets to work with and what he got was a mix of comic, movie and artist renditions, a new cohesive design would have been the icing on the cake.

#1756 3 years ago

Wasn’t there another Alien planned after covenant? But it under performed compared to the studios expectations?

I wasn’t much of a fan of Prometheus or Covenant but the first 2 are all time classics! The directors cut of the 3rd is also pretty good it’s a shame the studio stepped in so much and screwed it up!

#1765 3 years ago

So could someone with more experience and knowledge of the existing Alien tell me how the hyperlock chamber has changed on this new version of Alien?

I remember when I was following the original Alien it was a physical ball lock then dropped?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.