20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Of course its a no brainer that the screen is more immersive and a better overall option. I just couldn't care less that's its gone at all. If this actually happens and I get the theme, the layout, the code and music/FX I'm happy as a pig in shit. To be honest even if the SV has a center screen and beacons, all that stuff I'm still going SE.

x2. Got my money down on a SE. Personally i think the pf screen would distract me. I have faith in the PB will deliver and deliver a good product. They are busy making it right, have patience people.

#2667 3 years ago

From podcasts and what i understand, PB paid out those that lost money when they where not obligated to do so.... Correct me if im wrong here. Secondly most of them are IT guys and passionate about pinball. I put money down that is refundable if a game is not produced, game is there, they are ironing out the bugs as im guessing the code would need to be ported and some re written, not to mention it cant be an easy startup. Praying to the pinball gods here.

2 weeks later
#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What I find perplexing is that if it’s not done yet - as seems self evident from the videos - then what is on a boat/plane/submarine to Cointaker? Surely they would be unfinished units?
I got the vibe they were demo units, possibly even customer ones, but that didn’t square with the “work in progress” footage we’re seeing on FB?

Mechanically complete, but software could be the the challenge. My hopes where that they where still producing physical pins whilst working on software issues before shipping. Porting from the original game to their new hardware platform would probably a bit if a hurdle, and more so if if the programmer hasnt done a pin before.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game is being done by the same guy who built the original platform software... and has done multiple games. They are changing small amounts... this isn’t really a big concern.
Their biggest challenges are the opposite... getting things built with parts... not concerns about software

Well, even better, thanks for the clarification. I think they will deliver a good product and happy to be first up. Maybe we should just be patient. Hanging for this pin

9 months later
#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is anybody still having questionable operation of their post popping up during orbit shots on Derelict ship and Queens nest mode?
I am getting tired of entering the mode and 90 percent of the time zooming past egg pop bumpers in orbit shots.

Same here, i hear the post pop up just after the ball has gone past, but a shit shot that is delayed will work. System seems slow to react at times.

#4081 2 years ago

Ok, so if you are having a problem with diversion to pops... this is what fixed mine. I noticed the delay I was hearing was in fact the other diverter raising to stop the ball rolling bouncing back the way you just came. So if you expect the right diverter to activate, then a second later you will hear the left one.

My Fix. In coils test, the diverters tested perfectly, in diverter test it did not work but I could hear a faint attempt at activating. Pulled the coil and resoldered. Fixed. My right one didnt work at all and then 3 days later the left one started to play up. The soldering on these coils was shocking. Both working properly now.

Hope this helps.

#4082 2 years ago

So just further to what I said above. It worked for a couple of games then stopped working again. So I upped the coil strength for the left post and it seems to be working again. Not sure if its a bug, its like there isnt enough power being sent to up the posts during the game, but in coil test it may send 100% power to the coil, hence the discrepancy between "coil test" always working and "post test" set at lower power levels, which fails. This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=earetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.