20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 5 years ago

Hahaha. Whoever trolled Kaneda into these announcements is a gentlemen and scholar. Well done.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Looks like a Hilton tattoo on the butt.

Technically he’s supposed to stop the podcast. But we all know that ain’t going to happen.

2 years later
#3286 3 years ago

Second the cabinet and back plastic being very disappointing.

#3389 3 years ago

They are clearly cutting costs to improve margins. Smart move, but it shows.

#3392 3 years ago

I also highly doubt the more expensive version is anything more than cosmetic upgrades.

Maybe a legit backglass (hopefully)
Nice powder coat (hopefully)
Hi res, hi gloss cabinet art (hopefully different cabinet art too)
Oh and flippers that don’t feel like mush. Haha

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ramps look super polished...

Way better than the Heighway ramps. They are really nice.

Quoted from flynnibus:

No EOS on the flippers at all? Guess all software controlled... we've seen others continue to struggle with that idea.

Flipper are crazy weak stock. Hopefully they have strength settings and hold up against long play periods.

Those light blocks as all the ball guides are very very cool too. Seems like they are pretty robust when I saw them at Pinbrew.

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Anyone know what this is?
[quoted image]

A piece of plastic atop stand offs.

1 week later
#3690 2 years ago

Con. Crappy back plastic instead of a backglass or translite against glass.

#3713 2 years ago

Any links to a solid rulesheet for the game? Going to put good time on one today.

#3718 2 years ago

I’m confused on how to light a mode. Do I just need for the ball to pass through each inlane then shoot the airlock?

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The outlanes are labeled Weyland the other Yutani. You have to activate both outlanes to trigger the airlock.. then the mode starts, but if you hit the drop ship ramp either left or right it changes the mode e.g. from combat drop to APC etc.

Outlanes or inlanes?

#3725 2 years ago

Okay thanks. Might be a good game to do some shatzing.

#3740 2 years ago

Do any of the shots in alien always feed the pops? If not, what’s the best way to shoot the pops if you need those or top lanes?

#3745 2 years ago

Weapons question.

Can you have more than one weapon available at a time? How do you use the current weapon? Can you switch the current weapon you have available to use if you can have more than one in your arsenal?

#3750 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

rulesheet is not there anymore
from my old rulesheet[quoted image]

Thanks everyone!

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

There are divertors up top. When appropriate, the machine will divert the ball into the pops to collect pop bumper hits and feed the upper flipper.

Looks like when the hypersleep lock is lit, the diverters are on. Also if you combo a ramp to the opposite orbit, it will divert.

#3756 2 years ago

Just got done playing the one at Comics 2 Games in Florence Ky.

If you’ve never been here, make sure you make the trip if you can and you’re near it. Great spot.

This game played SO much better than the prototype at Pinbrew. I had lots of fun on it.

It needs some tweaking though. Orbit switches didn’t seem to work, nor the left ramp. If either orbit or that left ramp were lit for something, I never got credit for it.

Because of that, I was unable to get the diverters to come up and feed the pops.

Xeno MB worked pretty well. The magnet didn’t always grab the ball at the start. So the xeno would just eat nothing. Hyper sleep ramp was smooth.

Overall, I think this will be a great game assuming the issues I encountered were simple switch errors that aren’t hard to fix. I’m not well versed in proximity switches.

#3759 2 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about that. The process take only a second. I doubt the tongue ever gets damaged.

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As for the weapons, I will be curious to see how the flipper button weapon selection turns out... certainly pros and cons of that approach vs trying to hit the little Extra Ball button on the front of the cabinet.

I was wondering how to switch them when I saw there was no extra ball button. Haha. For today I just used whatever was currently on the screen.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So all the loop and ramp switches are proximity switches then? How do these things work. Why not optos or regular switches I wonder?

I’m assuming this. I scanned the playfield and the only physical switch I saw was the shooter lane switch. Maybe an opto on then left ramp. Definitely not an opto on the right ramp.

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The ball is wild if the xeno doesn't catch it, which can happen if the ball bounces off the edge of the target.
Plenty of time for the tongue to get hit as it extends and retracts. I try not to hit the ball when this happens.

Just telling my experience in these exact situations. The odds of it taking a direct shot from the one ball in play are minimal. Plus the tongue looks very robust so I’m sure it can take some hits.

#3769 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the feedback. I believe there are magnet settings in game but that is for the magnet in front of xeno (and I think you’re talking about the xeno magnet - specifically at the end of the tongue). Very strange that wouldn’t just pick the ball up each time. Did the side art look higher quality than what you saw at pinbrew as I remember you saying the print quality wasn’t great.

Honestly I don’t know how the magnet would grab the ball in certain instances. You can clip the side of the targets and send the ball directly left or right. Not sure how the magnet would catch the ball in those situations.

Side art I didn’t look closely at. The backplastic is the exact same, but they did seem it put something behind it so it didn’t rattle all over the place while you played and nudged.

Armor was the exact same.

Thankfully the stock flipper power was great. Bodes well for others’ impressions of this on location.

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my personal opinion is when ambush is initiated, it should deactivate the flippers, either let the wild ball drain, or if its on the magnet get eaten, then reactivate flippers as soon as either ball launches from the airlock or first multiball comes from the launcher.

There are no physical locks for ambush. But yeah this would work for sure. I’d want my free jackpots though. Haha

#3774 2 years ago

yeah a completely dark game, and use of a flasher effect for when the ball is being taken off the playfield would be really cool.

#3790 2 years ago

I’d Mylar the edges, but that’s just me.

#3792 2 years ago

The flippers are much stronger stock than JJP.

#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Brand new games is the perfect time to install a cliffy before the scoop / whatever gets any damage that will make the cliffy deform.

I’ve never seen scoop damage on a new game home use with Mylar to protect the edge of the artwork.

#3799 2 years ago

That’s a first! Haha. Cliffys always change the gameplay of a scoop for the worse, so I avoid them at all costs. The lane guides are great though.

1 week later
#3857 2 years ago

I want to get a stream together for this once I can get back and get more time on it. I’ll make sure and post here if I do.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

That would be great! I was watching this video and, to me, the flippers look VERY WEAK:

I can stand JJP flippers, but no way am I dealing with that (not sure if the guys in the video talk about it ... I don't know French).

Flippers on the one on location near me are great. All shots are made easily. Much better than the prototype I played. And way better than stock JJP flippers.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

So you are saying they work better than what is shown in that video? Or any I just crazy when I think they look weak?

Doesn’t matter what’s happening in the video. Haha. These games’ flippers are plenty snappy. I know from experience dude.

#3866 2 years ago

Just watched that video. Hard to tell, but the flippers seemed okay. The prototype I played would barely make the ramps. You had to be PERFECT on all your shots.

This video looks like what I’ve experienced with the production games. Which is more than adequate.

1 week later
#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

sorry 2018

It was one of my favorites but the risk vs reward of keeping it at the time led to it's sale.

Hey Scott. You going to get one of the new ones? I’ve been playing the one at comics to games down here and it’s been pretty solid so far. Apparently more bug fixes coming soon.

1 month later
#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I finally got to play a game on location. It was very enjoyable and if I had another dollar I surely would have played it. The mouth on ball thing I wasn't inticipating and really got into the theme after that point. My only complaint are the flipper buttons, deal breaker for me. Loose, clicky, plasticky,like a 1up arcade game and no pressure on them unlike a Stern. The rest of the game was a hit.

You can adjust the switches to be more stuff. Mike just chose to have them that way since they were too sensitive at first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.