20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brado426.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had considered this too, but then I thought...what if they only get 50 or so out? I want one, even if it isn't supported. As dumb as that may sound.

I learned about Alien Pinball a week before Heighway went under. Good thing I didn't make the plunge then, but there is no way I'm going to miss out on the possibility of getting one of these things now! I got one of the first 66 units! Consider that this isn't really a new pinball machine... it has been made before and a lot of the major bugs we knew about have been addressed. Besides, getting a brand new machine and helping to work out the bugs is part of the excitement and fun of it, isn't it? I hope I don't retract that statement 6 months from now. hehehehe

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

F that display in the middle of the playfield, just build one in the apron for the LV! I'm digging more of the art on the playfield.....

Well, I have to say I love that idea. That would be a great potential apron mod kit that I'd buy.

1 week later
#2366 3 years ago

Not complete silence. Pinball Brothers just posted today. And they acknowledge that you are waiting! hehehehe

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Nothing has changed with this company: the games are not ready and not shipped. We haven't even seen a picture of how the display is integrated in the backbox, no gameplay video's etc. Yet they are collecting deposits.
“We were a bit too optimistic when we had our prototypes up and running. After receiving and putting together all the final parts and electronics we encountered some minor misbehaviors in the game that we absolutely want to fix before we deliver any machine to you.
Sorry for the delay, please bear with us.
To ease the waiting here is a video from our prototype’s new hypersleep chamber three ball lock!” - Pinball Brothers
This statement means they didn't even test their first production series prior to starting production, or completely skipped testing and prototyping, just as Heighway did.
What can possibly go wrong....

You are spreading false information here.

1 week later
#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

The silence in this once pretty active thread is deafening. No updates on facebook, which is the only way they seem to post updates really or I guess instagram?
It truly is disappointing we have not heard any details on the LV version, or that they are shipping them, or the issues are resolved. Just utter silence.
I even emailed them, thinking I would get a response lol.
10 days later still no reply at all.
Really hope we hear something soon from them that is actually an announcement besides pictures of zoomed in parts of the playfield.

I have no idea why it is disappointing that we have not heard any details on the LV version. The estimate for when these details will be available is mid-2021, so until then, I don't understand why people keep expecting it earlier.

thesimpsons (resized).pngthesimpsons (resized).png

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It says f-r-a-g-I-l-e !
Ugh turned out to be nothing but boxes with prosciutto

LOL!

1 week later
#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Unfortunately, I think that is just the green of the backglass causing that. In the SnipIt below, everything is green. [quoted image]

I don't think so. When it is white, it looks white on the green of the backglass:

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree with this 100%. The sentry guns were in the directors cut and not the theatrical release so they have very little significance IMO. Especially right in the middle of the play field, it just looks weird.

First, let me say I like the theatrical release of Aliens much better than the director's cut because I think it was a mistake to show what was happening on LV426 before Ripley and the soldiers got there. Cutting that scene was appropriate and necessary... in fact, if I show someone the film for the first time, I make sure they see the theatrical release. On the other hand, the sentry gun scene is fantastic and I think was only cut out of shorten the film. I think it is worthy of making it a big part of the game!

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is there any information on the differences between the standard edition and limited edition?

No... Not until mid-2021 at the earliest.

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have to get rid of a game once this is ready to be shipped so I’m kinda glad they are taking their time. I don’t know what game to sell.

I bet more people are glad they are taking their time because they're still trying to come up with the $7,100 they'll need once it is ready to ship. hehehe

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If I piss my pants on purpose will it make my Alien show up faster? Only the coolest piss themselves haha.

You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants. If pissing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis!

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Pilot didnt make it.[quoted image]

Perhaps we could remote pilot the second dropship in the USS Sulaco? We patch in a portable terminal. We'd have to align the dish. I think it would work. I'd volunteer to go, but I'm not stupid.

1 week later
#2785 3 years ago

Good info below from the PB Facebook page.... In summary, STFU, be patient, and stop trolling.

Pinball Brothers
Hi guys, i’m Tim, the pinballbrothers facebook admin. I’d like to clear a few things up.
OK so we have lots of people with alien pinball experience here anxious to get their hands on the new product. I get that.
There’s also people who have never seen this beast before. Keep in mind the videos are mainly designed for these new enthusiasts.
I am torn in the middle between people who want some video and others who’d rather wait until the machine is fully done.
I have tried to cut some video in mid process to get you some of the action. Because we did it without the glass the paddle sounds were quite heavy so i put some scenes music on top and some of the audio package. Sorry if that confused you. All these efforts are work-in-progress, there’s going to be proper gameplay when the machines are shipped.
But guys, honestly: If you only hear Hicks and Newt in this sample, why deduct that other sounds are missing? I’m looking at the 1219 files of the audio package, they are all going to be there if you how know to complete the missions and tame the beast. So please, just be patient and don’t go into wild speculations.
We are working on all issues to have machines over in USA asap, but due to Corona there still are setbacks with availability of some parts.
If you have questions make sure to check out the FAQ on the website, I’ll update it soon.
I shall gather your concerns and answer them there for all to see so you don’t have to sift through all these threads.
Be sure we are doing the best we can, and if a question is unanswered, there’s simply nothing to tell you at this point.
LE details will be announced in Summer. Let’s get the basic models shipped first!
Cheers for your patience, feel free to engage, but realize that my response time may be limited as I’m doing this from Germany and have to sleep sometimes when you are at your most active.

2 weeks later
#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:Anyone here with an original Alien pin have experience with editing the callouts? I'm curious if there is a way to "soften" the callouts and reduce the number of four letter words for younger players. I'd like to do this to my new Alien pin when I get it from Cointaker.

I'm pretty sure I saw a "family friendly" mode in the Heighway version. Hopefully the same thing exists in the new version, because I don't want the four-letter words blazing either.

#3087 3 years ago

I'm guessing our machines are aboard this ship!

2 weeks later
#3219 3 years ago

HOLY CRAP! That is awesome!!! Never thought I'd have the opportunity to get this game!!

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Lets see what happens first. Crazy thing is there is not info on the LV :-/

Why is that crazy??? They said in December that there would be no LV info until mid-2021. I don't understand why people keep expecting info about it earlier. It has already been stated many times. WTF?

ANYWHERE BUT THE FIRST Fing THREE ROWS!

#3329 3 years ago

Oh boy... these posts have become so idiotic. I'm so anxious to get my Alien Pinball Machine.... not so I can play it... but so I don't have to read this thread anymore looking for updates.

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Mostly I hear this kind of shit from out of shape losers. You know the really insufferable types with "everyone thinks like me" and "my way or the highway" verbage.

Please don't use the term"heighway" in this thread. It offends me.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Pleasantly surprised.
The unboxer looked extremely excited, that’s a very good sign considering he has an original HP sat in the room.
Apart from the sound, which hopefully should be a simple fix.

They couldn't have picked a better guy to do the first "unboxing" video. His excitement and enthusiasm certainly rubs off! I'm super excited.... this machine is way better than I expected! I don't even know what position I'm in to receive these, but I did order early on December 18th, so I'm hoping I should be getting an Email soon!

#3564 2 years ago

Looks like there are two "1st Quarter" SE's available right now at CoinTaker. Get it while it lasts.

https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

“I was skeptical.....”
Lot of naysayers. It’s cool though. Everyone can have a change of heart.

All the naysayers seem to have shut up. haha

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Nice! I see a 2x2 pin molex shaker motor connector. I'm curious what kind of shakers will work.

And where would the Beacons connect??

#3586 2 years ago

Ohh yessss!

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Do you know what # you were in line?

I never asked, but I ordered pretty early on December 18th.

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

in regards to a fog machine , i just tested a fast dissipating fog juice with my JP dinosaur setup and it works perfectly for this type of application indoors. No setting off the fire alarm etc. It might set off if the detector is really close (depending on how detectors work) ; but i find a fog machine to be a viable option in the right space at this point , with the proper juice.

hahahaha Holy crap!!!! That is some topper! I love it!

#3661 2 years ago

He's going to have the actual queen Alien puppet used in the second film hovering over his playfield.

Time to start testing it now now!

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Sorry if this has been posted 100 times already, but anyone have an idea of what timeline they’re thinking for introducing the LV?

It hasn't been posted 100 times.... it has been posted 1,000 times. For the 1001st time, it will be mid 2021!

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mouth should close after it eats it. The mech isn’t working right in that video

It says in the YouTube comments that PB is aware of and actively working on a software fix for the mouth-close issue.

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

On the OG when the xeno has 2 hits left it does the teasing and the mouth opens and closes a few times. Also when eating the ball it should close
What’s up?

Read a few posts back. This has already been discussed.

1 week later
#3816 2 years ago

I'll pass this on from Melissa. People posting responses from Melissa here has been nice.... prevents me and countless others from bugging her.

Loaded on to a container today, it took 2 weeks to get a container for shipping, so we now know that we need to order well in advance so already are lining the next one up.

DHL and FEDEX are not doing pinballs for atleast 30 days now because they have limited help and are overbooked on freight now.
I’ll have ship details anyday now and will pass them on to everyone.

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks @Brando. Good news it's loaded but - is it accurate that they won't actually leave for a month?

I'm not sure if that means they aren't doing pinballs for the past 30 days or the next 30 days.

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is this a full 40' container? I have not heard squat and I don't want to bug her either. I'm in the thirties and should make it into that first one.

I don't know what my number was... all I know is my game is in this shipment. I've heard numbers like 22 for this first shipment, so I'm guessing if you're in the thirties, it will be in second shipment. You probably will need to bug her. If I were CoinTaker, I'd be posting some updates on the website to prevent the constant need to manually keep people updated via Email.

#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If I were people I'd just quit bugging her. There is no need if you didn't get asked to pay. We'll get them when they get here. Not much she can do about when and how many they ship.

Yes... if you didn't pay, it is definitely not on this shipment. I was under the impression that dri paid.

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know from experience dude.

#3868 2 years ago

This is what Alien Pinball Machines being loaded onto a ship destined for the US looks like!

1 month later
#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is playing fine.

Mine had a bad opto PCB for the BALL 1 LOCK mechanism. Replacement mech should arrive today. Other than that, only minor issues.

1 week later
#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The new pinball brothers. The place said they have had many problems with it. Hopefully it gets worked out but its brand new.

Sounds like opto issues to me. There are two adjustments that need to be made (I just made these adjustments last night.) The first is a minor issue with the trough plunger positioning that has been discussed here earlier. If the plunger position is too high, the ball can get stuck behind it and not activate the opto. The second issue is with the ball lock mechanism. The hole is too small on the right side of the part of the mech that slides up and down. Cato informed me that PB has altered the design of this so that the hole is bigger and suggested that I could drill the hole bigger in the meantime. Cato said 1 mm, but I had to drill it about twice the size of the other hole. I played several games last night and haven't had any problems with the ball lock mech. Still monitoring though.

The only issue I had last night that caused my game to become unplayable is the ball pops up and gets stuck sitting on top of the upper right flipper in rare cases. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was your solution? I reported it to PB, but not sure what the best fix for this is yet. It seems that some additional part is necessary to prevent it from getting stuck in there.

Yesterday, I also sanded down my flipper bushings, which totally solved the issue with sticky flippers. Tightened a few screws here and there. I believe I do have problems with the Rev. 1 weapons targets, but I'm sure PB will get us some reliable targets soon. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but part of the fun of owning this machine is working through some of the initial issues.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It will have issues, every new game does - but Alien is not a new game...

That is a false statement. It is a new game... and I speak from experience. It really is a complete redesign.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I sanded my bushings and they played well for a few games but getting sticky again. Any other standard bushings I could purchase and swap out?

Are you sure you adjusted the flippers height to be 1-credit card above the playfield? I sanded my bushings just a little... I didn't even need a standing block... just enough to smooth out the plastic. I'll keep an eye on it, but it is hard to imagine how it could get sticky again because manually moving the flipper is completely different and free compared to how it was before.

1 week later
#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What do you mean? You can't adjust how a flipper button 'physically' feels without replacing the flipper button mechs.

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Replace the buttons if you don't like the way the buttons feel. I agree they are a bit sensitive, but like said previously, you can easily adjust them to be less sensitive by bending the leaf switch.

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

which has nothing to do with what his comment was about...

Personally, I have no problem with the flipper buttons... They seem as good of quality as any pinball machine I have ever played.

2 months later
#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Anyone have any information on any Alien owner who may be working on the topper beacons for this pin?

Firmware does not support the topper beacons yet (though the options are there). Any topper beacons at this point would be a hack. I think better off waiting for the official firmware.

1 month later
#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question or not. Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

My kids love to play it (ages 11 and 13). I'd say anyone could get good at it... it just takes practice. Some of the shots are difficult, but that makes it all the more satisfying when you make them.

10 months later
#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I have tried searching this thread unfortunately in vain. Can somebody state for me what the price was of these remakes for standard edition when they opened up ordering two years ago and whether this has changed for new orders being placed.

$7777 was the original price for the SV. Now the price is $8595

https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,799 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brado426.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.