20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 5 years ago

Seems to me the licensing would be a killer at this point.

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

This is pretty close to that:
Who would have thought.

Sooo.....that was creepy.

#284 5 years ago

You mean Disney...

8 months later
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know something!
It's bullshit. Alien is as dead as Newt at the start of Alien Cubed.

Not going to downvote you cause it's most likely true...but...boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Passed on R&M (which was really really hard) for the chance that Alien is coming. Am I kidding myself? Perhaps. Still trusting in iceman44

Why? I'm going to use my R&M to fund an Alien if that actually happens. R&M will be all delivered by the time this hits the streets.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Ah zablon, i misunderstood your point - sorry. Yeah, not a bad plan - selling R&M if Alien eventuates. All I know is that the earliest R&Ms to hit Australia is late August 2020, so surely Alien will be shown by then or the rumour is killed off once and for all.

Well I was kind of joking, it would really depend on how good/bad R&M actually is. I honestly think ^^ isn't going to happen, but who knows. Would be awesome if so.

1 week later
#858 4 years ago

Is it shipping yet?

10 months later
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Levi seems to have caught a bad case of FOOT IN MOUTH! Iceman was right again!!
Alien is coming baby.
Love when pinball comes together and exceeds my expectations.

LMAO. It's like people have learned nothing. It is way too easy to post BS of 'hey look what we're doing!'. It doesn't matter how many social media posts people make to hype it with their veiled teasers, until machines are coming off the line, nothing is coming. Now to see how many people throw money at 'pre-orders' after the 'never again' moments. I can't see why anyone would fund this up front and without that, I don't see how they are going to make any. Chicken/Egg scenario...and has been shown already, just because they are coming off the line doesn't mean they will continue to come off the line...

I know many of us would absolutely love this to be true, but let's keep our wits about us.

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

here's the catch... it's a virtual pinball release

LMAO. Even then they have their work cut out for them. Slam already made a damn good one..even if on the wrong platform

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Is there any idea on when the remake may see the light of day?

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

LMAOOOOO so ya gonna forward me a Benjamin now? Cry some more!
I held my tongue and now PB is delivering. Too easy Levi BAHAHAHA!
Paging iceman44

Why? Do you have one? No? Hmm. Until they are coming off the line....nothing changes. But congrats on your slow year win I guess?

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
Good to see them acknowledge it.. but now let's hear their actual plan...

Step 1: Social Media Hype
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

Anyway, I'm beginning to think that so many people have been skeptical that they are rethinking their strategy, which is good.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow a new alien machine? Thats awesome. I wonder how different itll be . I hope it has all the fixins. Now what to do with this original machine I spent so much time on. I believe its haunted.. fell on me broke my leg and caused a small electrical fire.. Hmm..

Sounds cursed. Probably best to just keep it and bury it with you

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It looks like an Alien TV show is in the works, seems like a great time to relaunch the pin...
[quoted image]

Alien: Awakening apparently IS happening too...for whatever it's worth..those movies have been less than great.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Heres what I'm hoping for....
1. Smaller/standard backbox video screen, allowing for a real back glass artwork by Franchi.
2. Full new Franchi cab artwork.
3. Reliable proven manufacturer.
4. William's flippers.
Good luck Pinball Brothers, I hope you can pull this off. Watching Hieghway and Dutch fall apart, has been the most disappointing thing in this hobby, as Alien and Lebowski are great games.
But no game is worth $12.5., $8.5 would be a reasonable entry price point, if there are deluxe models above that, so be it.
Spooky's customizable model is my favorite, offer a standard, then tons of cool options if you want to spend $10 grand.
Anyway, good luck.

Yeah, I think it would be cooler if it had a traditional backglass, with score led's that kind of matched the computer tech from the movies. I do say leave the LCD in the pf though...or at least move it to a small one on the apron or something. Completely losing out on the tracker just seems foolish since it was already there and integrated well.

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

It's not like she's making movies , why not take the money and have some fun like Elvira does. It would make it one step closer to perfection.

Wut? LMAO. Her career is as strong as ever.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In ditching the screen they've made it a gutted out stern Pro, 7k max for the no screens option, one would certainly expect. No central screen and no big screen either, no way 10k is justifiable. Atmosphere is gone to boot.

Small company, no way this is only 7k....

#1352 3 years ago

so are these 'new' pics or pics of the old ones? Anyone can tell?

#1439 3 years ago

Right now the signs still say $ucker$.

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I never said "everyone". If you read more carfuly and objectively I state "most".
Most people saying it is meaningles probably haven't played more that 100 games either I suspect, but of course there will always be the few whom just hate

Oh come now, have you seen the for sale posts around here? Most people don't even play pinball according to their 'plays'.

I thought the screen was cool in the brief time I got to play one. I didn't get too deep into it though because the ball kept getting stuck. Also another reason I couldn't justify dropping the money on a used one, didn't trust the reliability and lack of support...granted I know that the owners have been great, but still it's a crazy amount of money for something that could easily become a paperweight.

It will be cool if this doesn't blow up after 10 games or so off the line. I'm not about to jump to the front of the line regardless of how this is my dream theme. Crossing fingers it works out.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My point is MM was more highly sought after before the remake. It's not the trophy game it used to be.
If the Alien remake is successful, the mystery, prestige of home ownership and inflated prices will follow the path of MM.
They're still both great games. It's the hype that will soften.

Are you sure about that? They are still selling 12k remakes....and used sales aren't exactly falling. Alien isn't nearly as old as the 15k MM's prior to the remakes, and also quite a bit less of them out there. MM demand is still high regardless of the multiple runs they've done.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes you're correct on the $8-8500 evaluation, not 12k as stated before. Before the remake, MM prices were pushing $15-20k.

You missed the point, new are selling 12k for the latest remakes, and the prices for older have not dropped. I had already acknowledged old ones were 15k before the remakes. It's a numbers game, MM is still highly sought after, and there are more of them out there than OG Aliens. which is also a highly sought theme.

#1575 3 years ago

Yeah, I honestly want to hold out for an LE, then the question becomes...will it last until then? It certainly looks like they are well on the way, crossing fingers.

EDIT: Did I miss it, have they said what is different on the LE?

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

A comparison of what the old game had versus new game (Pluses or minuses) would be great... This would have to come from someonw who owns one now, of course.
I have never played the old game - so in the dark so to speak.... With eggs breaking open and things coming out...

Oh man..that would be an awesome mod...the eggs that pop open with a facehugger popping up each time you hit the bumper!

#1666 3 years ago

2 now. I caved. Since the deposit is refundable, let's see how this plays out. Generally I would prefer to be down the line further to get the 'xenos' worked out...but...

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Maybe removing the screen is one of PB ways of separating themselves from heighway and creating a platform to move forward with future games

They said in the podcast that it was simply a matter of reliability of the playfield. I know that is debatable, but that's what they said.

I do wish that the rails and lockdown were black instead of silver, but I guess that is easy enough to change.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just starting to listen to podcast, but was there any mention of how many LE's they're looking to make?

They said they thought around 500 - but not in stone. Gameplay will be the same, and they have not decided what will actually be different on it yet.

#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn’t there another Alien planned after covenant? But it under performed compared to the studios expectations?
I wasn’t much of a fan of Prometheus or Covenant but the first 2 are all time classics! The directors cut of the 3rd is also pretty good it’s a shame the studio stepped in so much and screwed it up!

Yes, Alien: Awakening IS coming believe it or not...

Also, there is an Alien TV show coming to Hulu(I think).

I don't hold out any high hopes either will be good though. Covenant was horrible.

#1772 3 years ago

The more I thought about it, unless there is something amazing on the LV that I can't get on the SE I doubt I jump for a 2k increase at that point. I'm not interested in the blue or green powder coat trim, as I'm going to black mine out most likely. I'm assuming invisiglass will be part of that package, but what else at 2k difference?

Perhaps the lit outer cab? I did think that was really cool on the OG, but since it will be packed among others, it would never be seen in my lineup, so it's not a deal breaker either.

Perhaps a topper...and my do I have some ideas for toppers. Curious to see what happens there.

What I would like to see is on the magnet for the xeno, it actually have some sort of plastic around that inner mouth, but I don't know if that is even possible with how it is configured.

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I can't justify the cost difference between the Standard Edition and the Collectors addition, we don't know much yet. But when I was a little kid someone unseemly took me to see the Alien movie that was showing in theaters before I was age appropriate and I've been a collector of Alien/s memorabilia my whole life since. I was always going to buy the Collectors Edition over any other regardless. I'm scarred and will carry this burden for the rest of my life.

LOL...what if it is actual Ripley callouts...That might be worth the price

My story is similar to yours. My parents were at the drive in watching it. I was 4 and supposed to be alseep. I remember watching some of it, and I remember specifically the chestburster scene. For whatever reason, rather than scaring me, I became a huge fan of the movie and have been collecting various Alien and Giger memorabilia for years. I don't have any of the real big stuff or really high priced stuff like some of the people on pinside have shown in the gameroom threads though.

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New Alien show is for FX from Noah Hawley, the creator/writer/director of the Fargo TV series, which is one of the best shows on TV. Amazing 4 seasons. Alien is in good hands.

But the rumor is it will take place on earth...so...we'll see I guess.

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It does say that.
Are the deposits refundable tho?

Yes.

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve not listed to the podcast so don’t know what does LV stand for?
I’m on the standard edition but more information on the LE

They are calling the LE the Limited Version (LV). While it isn't said in the podcast, it is a play on the theme - LV-426

EDIT: Fixed the name.

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

so everyone else had to put down a $1000 deposit that is transferable to the LE's when ready.. but you're "guarenteed" one just by making a phone call and plan to jump everyone in line who paid a deposit? let us know how that works out for ya.

Well if they are now saying they aren't transferable, (and the fact they aren't taking down payments for LE's yet), it might be wise to call and find out for sure. There's some conflicting information going around here.

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

LV-426 is the name of the moon the original Aliens were encountered on. The planet was housed by a human population called "Hadley's Hope." This population was killed by the Aliens and thus the military crew (depicted in the movies and in this game) came to investigate and ultimately combat them...so all of this occurred on this planet, which was initially called LV-426 (and later called Acheron)...nerdy stuff, but cool as shit

I think he was pointing out my typo.

#1811 3 years ago

In regards to timeframe, how long DOES it take to ship a crate overseas? 3-4 weeks? Longer? It didn't sound like these were on the line yet so...a month to build, a month to go overseas, and a few weeks shipping is the 'forecast'?

#1855 3 years ago

What is the sound system like on these? I didn't see that there are any real changes coming there. Decent?

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

There is a $2200 difference in pricing between the standard edition and the LV edition. I doubt that that number was selected arbitrarily without a thought as to what they plan to put into the LV over and above what is in the standard. The list of things that make sense from a value standpoint that I could think of is as follows:
LV Model
1) Powder coating
2) shaker motor
3) playfield screen
4) larger backbox screen
5) additional playfield toys/ features
6) Topper
7) certificate of authenticity signed by various peeps associated with project
I think if they add all that then it could justify $2200 US of extra value and still have some money left over

It's most likely not going to be pf screen. Most likely invisiglass. They also mentioned more LED's and possibly under cab lighting

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

They did not rule it out and said if there was demand for it then they would put it in. Can't see invisiglass and some more LEDs being a $2200 upgrade without it.

That was just in respect to the pf monitor - which they didn't say was 'open for discussion'. Invisiglass price +/- LCD (probably more $$). The rest of what you listed is likely too, along with mirror blades/ art blades too.

Now, if they do add the PF screen, that would seem pretty disturbing based on what they've said already and I'm not sure I would trust them and probably cancel my order. If you are going to have it in a higher model state it. Don't play games.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those curious on limited LE...being called LV (limited versions) models....games:
LV-426 is being auctioned off in US for charity
and
LV-223 is being auctioned off in UK for charity
I tried to snag one of these 2 numbers....no go.
Guess I will buy a few lottery tickets

Where did you see this?

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Everyone talking black powder coating. Why not green?

Having seen what it looks like with the slime green (which is actually a color I really like on black) it is TOO much. I like it minimally. In this case to me it is better black rails and green light/art accents.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Attention pinball brothers!
Please add a strobe flasher to the Alien ball grabbing sequence on ALL models.

I kind of just assumed this was a nobrainer? Is it not on the originals?

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Curious: Does anyone else remember Andrew mentioning or showing an idea a long long time ago about a face hugger mech popping out of each of the egg bumpers each time they get activated? Probably deemed it not feasible or reliable.
And thinking about it, is there such a thing as having an area in a pinball machine that's just too busy? LoL

lol i literally said this exact thing needed to be a mod a few pages ago.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s odd to me.
What made them announce the game last week? What was the big rush to take deposits?

Well, if they aren't taking your money first, they have to gauge interest in how many to build. I don't imagine they are going to make a warehouse full of them and sit on them until they sell. Since there is no set number of the SE run, it could be 200 it could be 2000...it will most likely depend on how many deposits they get.

#2017 3 years ago

That was part of what sold me on it. After listening, there was very little 'hype and marketing spin' in their responses. They seemed very straightforward.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m just perplexed that Alien is ranked so low at 64 on the top100 lower than Judge Dredd, below SW episode 1 for example. When clearly it’s a top theme and has a lot of good things to speak of.

It's because it's a terribly horrible game that no one wants.

#2023 3 years ago

Has more to do with lack of people getting to play it, also..pinside ratings are not real world in many cases.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Which one do you prefer? One looks cheap and released 2 years after. They have margin for the LE to make it better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer the one that doesn't cost me $12-14k for same gameplay. Besides those aren't even good comparisons. One would assume the lighting is going to be pretty much the same aside from the cab. If you don't want it, you don't want it. Go spend your money.

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The code is pretty good now, but still far from complete or bug free I'd say. It seems pretty obvious now at this point there will be more updates for Heighway Alien and Full Throttle.

Are there any clips missing from the original? Sound or video?

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Sort of...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/562#post-6016076
PB need to modify the nylon body. I had to take some out of it so there was room on the top half of the recess. No compromise on strength or substance, just would be one step more involved machining operation.
I haven't the capacity to make alot of these at all really, but anyone is welcome to take the idea and run with it. Problem with me making them also is that I machined out my head block in order for it to fit (not severely, just squared up the arch radius they have in there).

Yes! Exactly what this needs.

#2118 3 years ago

Let's hope its ALL New electronics....cant cost much for new stuff these days....8 years ago ram was 10x the price as an example....
You gonna get some modding ideas for Alien?

Have you actually shopped hardware lately? Cheap is exactly the opposite of what it is today..that is if you can even get things. While I'm sure they aren't using the newest tech, even old stuff is 2x as much as it should be.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I reached out to Hpraise.com in China - the manufacturer. While this product is not obsolete yet, they recommended going with a newer version. I am having them tell me what that is and will forward to PB for consideration.

One would assume they already have that sussed out and on hand by now.

#2126 3 years ago

I really doubt AvP gets done. One reason being they have to decide between the movies or the comics, and the movies are almost universally thought of as trash and I would doubt anyone is going to do one based on the comics because MOVIES and BANDS are the only thing anyone makes these days. By the time they pay for the licenses involved, there is no way someone is going to pay to also then have an original themed pin based on this theme made. Not going to happen. So I don't see it happening, ever.

I also just realized...Disney owns Alien (and Predator too??) now...so I'm actually very surprised this pin is happening at this time.

1 week later
#2176 3 years ago

Haunted House..possibly the heaviest widebody around. Man i hate moving that thing...always scared the legs are going to break off.

I'm thinking HH, Alien and Monster Bash side by side.

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The good thing this time is ur not sending money overseas to a European company. A refundable deposit with a local distributor takes the edge off. I'm still gonna wait a year minimum. I figure if its still being made a year from now then things are solid. I really don't want to be in the 1st 100 then they fold like a cheap suit. Boy am I full of shit. I want it right away and will have many a sleepless fighting the urge to take the plunge. Damn it

I had considered this too, but then I thought...what if they only get 50 or so out? I want one, even if it isn't supported. As dumb as that may sound.

#2201 3 years ago

I played one, and yeah, it wasn't bad. And clearly most people who played Alien say it is very good if not one of the best. Sad that things went how they did. They clearly had some talent.

#2206 3 years ago

How is that even possible unless they are already on a boat?

And...I'm not really sure why everyone keeps bugging Cointaker. They'll update you when they know more.

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This was all in the interview it just seems some types of people didn't believe the timeframes they were talking about, or just assumed they were making up random stuff, or whatever. If what they said was accurate then the first trial batch from Pedretti was in boxes before Christmas.
They also did say first batch at cointaker in January. So, yeah, not like it's a surprise to anyone whom actually listened to the interview and took it for face value.

I listened to it, and in no way did they say they had games made and on their way. Yes, they said January in a very....brushed off way, but i missed anything about boxes before Christmas. If that is the case, why are we not seeing anything regarding the new games. Videos, pictures of an actual game, etc. All we've seen is teases of parts, and what appears to be a mock up of the game still image. That is kind of concerning.

It also is kind of annoying that if that IS the case, that they haven't figured out what is going in the LV, but..that's first world problems.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Of course they did not say they had games in boxes and on their way. Neither did I. I quoted words from early December, then extrapolated that basically to say they would have reasonably been boxed by Christmas.
They said, in early December this was, in response to the question "are there games in boxes?" ... that "No games in boxes yet" then (paraphrasing) 'but the first batch is not far from going into boxes'. Followed by "Early in January" to see games at Cointaker ... which I simply stated that as January. Makes sense as the timeframes are fair for shipping to fit with that.
Everybody hears different things, sure. But I relistened to it several times over, in entirety. Also at Normal Speed not 2x or 3x like some people do. One can not pick up everything if listening at such garbled confusing speeds.
So if you're building a container of games, lets say 40, and they are say half built early in December... pretty incompetent to not have those in boxes by Christmas. Wouldn't you think?
They Are an experienced game manufacturer. Seems pretty reasonable to say their "deadline" would have been Christmas.
To me all the negative assumption and vitriol by some is just... meh. Whatever. Be negative and miserable then Lol
Anyway, makes no difference to me really. Just pointing out what was actually said, in English, without interpreting it around subjective assumptions too much.

I'm not complaining, I just think it is unlikely given what was said, but who knows. The sooner the better. It is just odd that they have barely said a word since the announcement, and no gameplay videos, or anything at all for a game they are actively trying to sell. Even RAZA had more marketing.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hope that's not my playfield!

That's going on the Nuked From Orbit Edition.

#2235 3 years ago

I feel like the people saying 'why would you want that?' have no f'ng clue what they are talking about, since yes, there ARE changes. Lots of changes.

#2242 3 years ago

I have a scoop on nearly every pin.

#2250 3 years ago

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Seems like Roger said the costs were the same to take the screen out. I like what they did for sure, but hope someone mirrors the screen, even on the apron as someone previously suggested. I'm guessing the new motherboard will have more than one DVI output.

In the interview they also said that the reason for the smaller backbox was due to assets, which was kind of odd, since the assets were already done and worked on the big screen. I wonder if they made new assets. Or maybe something was lost in the language.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Wonder if they could use the GI as a proximity sensor during ambush

Now...that is not somethig I think has ever been done. With everything being addressable LED now, this would be an interesting mechanic. Lit 'areas' rather than lit inserts.

"Hey Vasquez, shine a light on your left!" and the left portion of the GI lights up, and you need to hit targets there

etc...

Or...multi color regions on the pf GI with different point strategies.

#2275 3 years ago

I don't see it happening. They will cause ill will to the people who buy a SE or lots of people cancelling orders (if it is announced before delivery). They gave no indication that it was going to be on it, and frankly, if it was, they should be up front about it. Period. MAYBE after they see all the people clamoring for it, they may change their mind, but it should be known before SE's are delivered.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No not at all. Everyone has been fairly informed that in december "nothing final is decided" and "Everything is on the table for the LV". That includes displays. If you are banking on LV definately Not having a PF screen, well, don't complain or be unreasonably upset when your unfounded assumption proves incorrect.

There is no banking. Unless you are trying to sneakily tell us you know something, either out with it, or your assumption is worth no more than anyone elses. I'm simply stating the fact that if they were to make that addition, many SE orders will cancel for it. Since they had the forethought to tell everyone they were making an LV too, it is kind of disingenuous (maybe not purposely) to draw everyone to an SE - because they gave good reason that the screen would not be there in the interview - and then suddenly put it a screen on the LV.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope they do include it, even if it affects the value of my LE. It really is that good. Yelobird, sounds like you had a lemon, or it needed a new DVI cable. That would drive me crazy on the screen as well if it were static. I've seen that with faulty cables to larger screens as well. If, on the other hand, they leave it out, a standard is pretty appealing for the price.

I agree. I like the screen. That's why I want to know lol. I mean, if it isn't there, I will most likely be happy with SE, but if it is there, and I'm already paid for a SE, I'm going to be not as happy - since they really did lean towards it was NOT going to exist at all. I'm not a fan of moving games in and out.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not "suddenly" lol. People don't listen very well (to the interview).
It isn't assumption it is their description in the interview. English.
Good point about SV demand, same point I am making, but I think you may have it all upside down... imho.
You are absolutely right, no banking. Which is why I find it a bit bizarre that some people seem to be "banking" on there Not being a screen. When they said more like the exact opposite.
PB done it well for their business, whatever eventuates, they got variables and unknown's covered. I mean, just look at the pro sales!?!
Do you think that gangbuster sales would have been the same if they blew their wad Early and announced "the LV has a PF display" back in december? ... that would be absolutely dumb m.o. from a busines perspective.

Quoted from razorsedge:

You DEFINITELY took That out of Context. Listen to the interview again perhaps mate, that is Only in Direct reference to the SV development/re-release, to be sure. The PF screen comments are in no way related to the LV in the discussions.
LV and I quote "Everything Is On The Table." You can not get much clearer than that man.
This is where the various misinterpretations come from. Making assumptions.
I'm not making a whole lot of assumptions, but relaying what the interview said, not so much assuming about what it did Not say.
Doubt the LV final features list will be anounced before middle of year, like in winter sometime... July-ish perhaps. Would be my guess based on what they said.
I suppose this is partly why it's now a dollar to go on the LV list, otherwise next thing the list would be 2000 names long with only 500 to sell Lol ... and can not charge more that a dollar for "deposit" when a features list is still most likely 6 months away.

I can't tell if you just really have your hopes up or if you know something, because you sound like you are convinced there will be one. What they said regarding why they removed it does not in any way mean it's going to be on the LV. The reasons they give explaining why it isn't doesn't lead to it being there on a higher model. If that was the case, and knowing many would be dissappointed it wasn't there, it would have made more sense to just keep it in and raise the price, or just cut out a 'lower' model all together. They also stated that the parts would be available for sale, which also makes it sound like whatever they are putting on the LV is cosmetic only.

And yes, I think that if 'they blew their wad saying LV had a screen' adds to my point. If that is how it is going to go down, it's manipulative. Don't even bother selling an SE in that case. Just sell the high end model and sell the addons separate to keep costs down for those who don't want to pay as much.

there's no point arguing about it. As I said, I want it on there, I just doubt it will be, just as I'll be very surprised if they are here by end of January. There's too much 'hush hush sneaking around' for a game that's already been announced and had deposits taken and supposedly already shipping. None of this would be speculation if there was actual information being released rather than 'teases' and non information. I would 'assume' that once games are shipping they would announce it. Why wouldn't they?

#2292 3 years ago

I never was a big fan of the DE BttF. I'd like to see a completely new version.

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I thought PB said no deposits were required? You also need a deposit in Europe (where the game costs 8000 euros which is 9700 USD).
On a side note: PB have just redone the electronics (again) and if you see that experienced and big companies like Stern and JJP also have (big) issues once in a while (with new platforms or boards especially) then why is everybody expecting this is going to be a perfect pinball on launch and throwing again all this pre order money at them? Wait and see.
Has anyone gotten their lost pre order money back from Heighway? I haven't seen anyone confirming this.

It's been covered multiple times, but:

1. Preorders are to the distributors only and refundable $1k+shipping
2. Old pre-orders are getting voucher for aprox half value to put towards this or other

There really is no risk to ordering at this point as they are not getting the money up front.

#2317 3 years ago

really...that's the ONLY thing...hmm...

by that logic, there's no reason to own more than 1 game.

#2367 3 years ago

Same art, no games. It's going to be a long wait.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don't know how I missed they are remaking Alien but just learned about it today. Does anyone know when the first games will be for sale and how long this new company will be making the "remake?"

They are already for sale at Cointaker. There will be 2 models, the lower (SV) is currently for sale - and scheduled to start being delivered sometime this quarter (remains to be seen). The higher end model (LV) has not had its details announced yet. To order requires a $1400 refundable deposit to Cointaker (PB will not see this money until delivery). Many people are putting a payment down on the SV and putting their name in for the LV just in case it is worth the price difference.

Google pinball brothers alien for more details.

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I wish CGC was doing it. I don't know what to make of this new company.

Well the company making the playfield is supposedly one of the best. and the videos they've shown are pretty damn good. But yes, lots of unknowns at this point.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you for the info. Any idea what the LV gets you over the SE? Is this a one run type of thing or will they be making the game for a while?

The LV is just cosmetic supposedly. They are making 500 of the LV's, and no limit that they've stated on the SV.(at least I think that's what they said). They've given no details at this point. I don't know how long they plan on making it.

#2375 3 years ago

It's all good as long as it's they arrive and are a quality product.

#2406 3 years ago

I wouldn't call what they said a promise. The conversation was the source of quite a bit of back and forth here as to how to interpret it. Many of us knew there was no way there were games on their way in the timeframe mentioned.

There is a key difference with this one as to last time, which is the money was given up front and gone. While there are lots of things that could make this go south, if people were to not get their money back, Cointaker (as well as other distros for this) would be in hot water and damage any future business with those companies because it was explicitly stated that it was refundable and not being given to the PB up front. They had the foresight to know many people wouldn't go for it otherwise.

That isn't to say all of us are sitting here blindly expecting this to go off without a hitch. I will expect something more before I hand over the rest of the money, even if Cointaker has to take the videos themselves.

#2423 3 years ago

Walmart with the Kenner re-release? Interesting.

#2432 3 years ago

Unlike RAZA, the beauty of it is, we aren't out anything if it does fall through. I'd rather put my money on this than anything Stern is rushing out at this point.

Took a year to get an MBr, took a year and a half to get R&M. I couldn't get myself to pay the 'rarity' fee on an og Alien. We'll see how this plays out. I think it will be fine, I just don't think they are going to be hitting any fast timelines and I'm okay with that.

#2461 3 years ago

What's new about them? The OG had RGB didn't it?

I tire of these close up teasers. They are already for sale. Show the f'ng game. You show this stuff PRIOR to announcing it is for sale.

These aren't changing naysayers minds, and they aren't impressing the people who are already ordered or sitting on the sidelines.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, we ALL knew this was gonna turn out this way when we saw the first looks-like-a-10-year-old-made the flyer, and heard it was being built in an Italian garage that produces 60-1 MAMEs.
The good news is with Mighty Melissa handling the cash, people might not have their money stolen this time.
But, clearly, this project is going to take YEARS, and when people get their games, they are going to be lemons that will require several Pinside threads to keep functioning. The game is obviously years away from being saleable so I would advise buyers to settle in for the long haul.
Good luck to those taking the plunge! The rest of us will just watch with bemusement from the sidelines as usual.

I have no issue waiting, but I doubt years. If this is going to fall through it will be long before that. I really am curious what is going on over there though. Getting a lemon is possible, we've seen it many times before. Let's hope it doesn't end like that.

#2471 3 years ago

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the comments on their FB posts are all 'glad you are keeping us informed'. I'm not sure what information they are giving, as I've not seen much.

Also someone wrote this in response to what is different about the lights:

"Les alien de série haighway pinball avaient une simple led avec puits de lumière. Là c'est comme les premier prototype, des totem mais avec une autre technologie"

Rough google translation:
The heighway pinball series aliens had a single led with skylight. This is like the first prototype, totem but with another technology

Since I'm not that familiar, I can't say what that means.

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What about the improved lighting, physical air lock / ball lock, & presumably reliability isn't that new over the OG Alien from Heighway? The only major unknowns are the LV's. But they are to be *likely* expected upgrades such as upgraded glass, larger LCD, beacons (or some type of special Topper), numbered plate, shaker, possibly upgraded backglass art etc... Things I'd be surprised about them including in the LV would be the translucent side blades & playfield LCD for the cabinet as that's a key component to the originals & really makes Alien in general stand out.

I would be down with those OG EL rails. I am disappointed they are missing on this.

#2508 3 years ago

n/m didnt see the post above them.

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The original B/Ws have absolutely plummeted due to the remakes. Before the remakes MM were 15k. CC is also dropping big time and hasn't even been announced.
Alien HW is a little diff though since it has it's own unique attributes. Great to have both.

Yeah, I think regardless of quality of the new ones, the displays etc are going to be a sticking point for some which will keep prices up on the old ones.

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Hopefully Cointaker really gets a game soon. I don’t get why an emerging company like Pinball Brothers who would want to promote their new product will leave pictures and videos up to a distributor. Something does not seem right.

This is what is strange to me. The only thing I can think is, this isn't an American company and they do things differently.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

LV probably won't have the lit exterior side blades. Why not? You need the glass frame like on the original Alien, which is not present anymore on the (prototype) PB game. I am curious to see an invention that makes the exterior sideblades possible with the standard Bally/Williams style glass lockbar and side rails.

I don't see why people think this is impossible (although I doubt they do it). Cut a hole in the cabinet, replace it with printed plexy and led's. (Yes probably a bit more involved than that but hardly impossible).

#2585 3 years ago

I think everyone holding out hope for the pf LCD on the LV are going to be sorely disappointed.

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

What would you all guess for the turnaround time between when we pay Cointaker in full and take delivery on games from this first batch( I'm 7)? I heard Lebowski listers have waited 2-4 months after paying but I think that due to years of bottlenecking on that list. Let me know what you think. Thx
J

5 years give or take another 5.

1 week later
#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat: Also I will probably wait for the LE to be announced and see what it includes.

Probably 6 months of more teasers. Free!

#2646 3 years ago

There's tons of shots of it NOT on the backglass. Due to the white overlay it is hard to tell but it sure looks like it at least has green color shining through and especially on the edges, and possibly red as well. It would make sense for it to be green/yellow/red if those are bullet levels. Mostly hard to say for sure yet...mostly.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Regardless of how it lights up, it still looks unfinished on the pf, like an uncolored picture in a coloring book.
Plus the sentry guns are a very small part of the movie, and not worthy of their central location and larger size on the pf.
I’m hopeful the LE is much improved in that area. Doesn’t have to be another screen, but give us something more interesting. All imo of course.

The ruleset is the same as the old, in which it serves multiple weapon functions.

1 week later
#2695 3 years ago

That dropship has to be out of fuel by now. Did we ever actually have anyone confirm the whole 2 games were being flown to CT thing?

#2704 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

These alien threads have been really lame recently. No news. Hopefully that changes soon.

All the threads have been lame lately. The only live thread is a bunch of grown rich men complaining about price increases.

Just not much to talk about right now other than missed timelines and radio silence.

#2720 3 years ago

Look on the positive side. We'll all probably be 5-10 years older by the time we get our Aliens!

#2754 3 years ago

Is it just me or are the sound effects missing? No slingshot sounds, target sounds, etc. A few voice callouts here or there, but otherwise just music. Is the OG that way? Or is this something maybe they just haven't fixed the coding on?

#2759 3 years ago

yeah..with each new 'tease', it brings to light that this thing isn't nearly ready, and wasn't nearly ready in December. If they aren't using the actual sound from the game --- and they haven't in any of the videos I've seen , why not? Am I imagining hearing the mechs and the ball rolling??

I don't think there are any on their way to CT, which would be fine...except, why lie about it?

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

the sentry inserts are awesome. it literally looks like it's firing when it flashes red.

Yeah, they seem to serve their purpose pretty well.

Overall, it's looking good. Just would appreciate being a little more up front about it not being at all ready.

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

Sound designer David Thiel commented on that in the YouTube video. He mentioned there are a lot of sound effects you can't hear in the video - you have to play the game.
Was David contacted by Pinball Brothers to be involved again, or have I got that wrong?

Do you mean due to copyright they can't show them on youtube?

-1 for licensing lawyers if true.

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It was a rhetorical question of sorts. But yeah I agree with your response. This is my first pre-order and will be my last. It’s not that I don’t expect to get this game, it will likely come. It’s not that I don’t understand there will be hiccups. Foolish to not think this will be the case. However, supporting this Kickstarter approach to pinball I think does the entire industry a disservice. It probably leads to a lower successful outcome of new companies knowing one can possibly run on no capital to bootstrap versus getting their house in order first and making sure the resources are there from the start to get the job done. Honestly as far as model new companies go, American Pinball has been the most no drama young pinball company. We should be more supportive of those kinds of efforts so that it discourages taking this high drama approach. But then maybe we are all just suckers for a good story with lots of popcorn involved.

You didn't really kickstart it. They are doing this all out of pocket. The deposit in this case was to gauge interest for how many parts to order. Way more people are serious about $1000 than $1 (or no $). You are free to remove your money from the CT holding area at any time. There is no 'drama' really. The only real issue is that their initial 'it's up for sale' statement did make many people think the kinks had already been worked out and that games were on their way. This clearly was NOT the case, and NOW apparently they are doing the 'but corona' excuse.. Basically....I was right all along. There was no game ready, and it is likely to be Q3 at the earliest before games ship. They didn't even have parts available in December beyond probably prototypes.

Note, I am fine with waiting. That's never been the issue. The clear misdirection when it seemed they were being sincere, followed up by lack of communication to clarify it all is what annoys me. What they should have said is, these won't be ready until end of 2021, but they chose to pull on peoples impatience instead.

Clearly based on their FB post, pinside aren't the only ones questioning them, and they should have expected there would be a pretty large eye on what is going on and questions based on the teases that make no sense to an outsider.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

So let me amend that statement. The habit of putting dollars and pre-orders down for a game that does not exist ready to ship out the door today does pinball a disservice. And yes at zero risk to me, I can get my dollars back from CT at anytime. My complaint if there is one is that in order to determine interest companies are seemingly encouraged/forced to resort to way overly optimistic projections for when product will be delivered. That is the true similarity to Kickstarter. If companies were truly honest that you won’t see a product for several years out rather than 3 months from deposit, the interest would be far far less. It just a terrible practice and ultimately I don’t think it serves anyone’s interests well here. Company is eventually forced to backtrack and issue apology after apology. Rable-rousers have a field day. Reputation is tarnished. Clearly as Levi states the company is getting more positive than negative out of it, so it will continue. I am just saying that past this one experience I won’t continue to support this approach . Others most certainly will, and I have no qualm with that, other than a general feeling it’s not healthy for the industry as a whole. Stern has many many issues themselves, but delay in early shipping pins after product announcement is not really one of them.

I completely agree. I have waited a year or more for each NIB I've purchased, but I will caveat that by saying, in those cases, I was well aware of the wait time. There was no question, and it was told up front (based on where you were in the line). The one issue you run into is...for me...Stern for the most part isn't putting out games I want. I never thought I'd buy a NiB pin, and here I've bought 2 in the last 3 years, with a 3rd (Alien) in the works, but none of those were Sterns. That isn't to make this a anyone vs Stern argument, I'm just stating that sure, I may be able to get one right now, but it doesn't mean I want one.

These small shops are the only ones that happen to be doing what I want right now. So you just have to go with it, lumps and all.

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not even close, and appears they are actually going backwards!

NOoooooo. I do not want a Prometheus/Covenant pin!!!

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody else disturbed by the use of an official PB employee using the word "paddles" to describe flippers? That's straight up "mom doesn't know anything about pinball but found one in her new basement" craigslist ad posting lingo!
Well, at the very least I hope they are using quality "rubber bumpers" in this "table!"

No, that's the least of my concern..it's a different country, with people who english is not their first language. Paddles...makes sense.

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Since no one else will make a 45 second phone call I did.
Melissa said their Alien pins were held up for whatever reason.
She said they will stream video next week.
I was told they are receiving 4 or 5 more pins air freight next week and those will go out to customers. Then the week after a few more via air freight to go out to customers. Then from there it will be containers.
I didn't call to waste her time and discuss third world problems. I felt bad enough bothering her with such trivialities. She is such a sweetheart.
You're welcome.

I agree with you. They don't need to be bothered, PB should be the ones stating this stuff.

#2823 3 years ago

It's not ready...think about it. They've not shown any actual full on gameplay of it other than small close up snippits....and then when they do a longer video, it is with the glass off, dubbing sound and music over the top (with people pointing out issues with the xeno). No...this isn't ready.

#2835 3 years ago

Anyone hear from any other distros (in other countries?)

#2845 3 years ago

There was 1 left when I ordered from the 'first batch'..so I assume I am #34.

I have a place holder on an LV...just in case.

#2867 3 years ago

But...wasn't it flown, while the rest will be on boat? I guess, I'm still skeptical because...we've been told so many things that haven't been true.

#2880 3 years ago

I really hope someone makes the EM sideblades, they were so cool, but I do not think 2k cool.

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Awesome. Super Awesome.

Quoted from zaki:

i just played it today at cointaker. he has the new standard. i wish i played it more. i like the game without the screen on it. looks good. although, its a very dark game. it will need to have at least dim lighting to see it while playing or some pin stadium lights. i don't know if the original had this, but the targets have color changing lights in them.
i'm not sure if more are out, but cointaker just had one machine.

Awesome. Super Awesome.

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Welp might be putting my deposit down after all . Despite all my doubts it’s actually going to happen

Lol...still a ways from 'happening'. Even DR has 1 or 2 machines. I have more faith that these will get made though.

#2887 3 years ago

I had got the impression they added more lighting and RGB to everything so I thought it would naturally be brighter. I suppose if they didn't change the code for modes it is probably similar. I REALLY hope they added some strobe effects. When I played the OG I didn't think it was overly dark.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok well if i ever own an Alien, it will the the OG. That cab art looks cheap as hell..

While I agree, the other looked pretty awesome, the tradeoff was..well not so great. In most peoples collections it won't be sitting anywhere you can see the side art anyway.

#2913 3 years ago

I wonder how the licensing worked since it changed over to Disney since it was first licensed? I can't imagine that was cheap.

#2917 3 years ago

I still don't understand the benefit of the right magnet? Is the shot tough on the OG? Does it play into the theme somehow?

#2936 3 years ago

if that's a proto, it's very possible that isn't the 'pristine' playfield you are expecting. Also, I agree with ^^

#2945 3 years ago

I think people are looking for things to be mad about. I watched that video multiple times and not once was I like..omg look at the dimples. I was more amazed at how shitty the video quality was in 2021, and how they clearly had no idea how to shoot a release video.

#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their flyer looked like it was designed by a 10-year old after a case of Monster.
They social media guy thinks flippers are called "paddles."
I don't think anybody is surprised that there's some bumps in the road. Pinball isn't easy.

Understand your point, but this was a different group of people.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:This is turning into psychoanalysis!

I think psychoanal is pinside's middle name!

#2972 3 years ago

Easy fix, cut holes in the sides, get some plastic printed with the Alien Logo, throw some LED's on it, boom. Just like the OG. I mean, guys, come on, it's the SAME as the old, the only reason it looks different is because of that. I'm not saying it looks amazing but..it is what it is.

#2984 3 years ago

A moment of silence for Yaphet Kotto. RIP.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

No its not.
Why is it so hard for some pinsiders to accept how small and limited to a niche group this hobby is. Young people have no idea about arcades and don't care about this at all. They play video games and multi player online games. Its a nice thought but ur delusional if u think great marketing is gonna expand pinball. The only reason its so hot right now is us arcade old timers are in a position to buy 5 to 15 000 boxes of lights and toys. Come on man.

You are completely out of touch if you believe this. I've been to enough barcades to know that the younger people do indeed play pinball. The issue is, they probably can't afford to own them.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have 3 children in their 20's who had unlimited access to pinball machines for the last 4 years.
99% of the time they would rather play on their Nintendo devices or Xbox.
Younger people may play pinball time to time but implying it's more than a niche group is ignoring reality.

I doubt anyone can argue it isn't niche.

Even if they were $5 a machine they still require a bit of dedication. Multiple people to move in and out, and a lot of space, and most likely some form of technical knowledge.

#3013 3 years ago

Yeah! Back to dead silence about nothing! Burn the witches! (but not before I add to the nonsense by complaining about the nonsense).

#3019 3 years ago

I never said they don't play pinball, but its thriving due to home buyers and sorry kind sir but the 20 something's at 40 something aren't buying games. Does it really matter? Personally I don't care if pinball goes once I'm done.

I've bought games off people 20 years younger than me...so you'd be wrong - and I'm 45 (damn bdays). That's all I'm saying.

in the age of people want what they are beaten over the head with and all their friends have, there is no reason that mass advertising wouldn't actually increase the niche some.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

An arcade in Mesa, AZ is supposed to be getting an Alien soon. The FB announcements shows the new Alien, but surely they arent getting a new? I said hope this isnt some sort of April fools joke(Like we are getting it April 1st or something) and he said no, April first is 2 weeks away. Not sure what that meant. Either way I hope its one of them. Come to find out there is a guy locally who has an Alien, but never plays it. Seems he more collects anything related to Alien or something. Has the Arcade games too. Oh well, his money. I just want to play Alien lol

They probably are getting a new one, and I doubt they get one by April. They were probably led to believe they would, but I don't think we are anywhere near final shipment....maybe CT is going to send them the proto for testing?

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I too expect to play 18/R rated film tie-in pinball machines with children.
The four letter words are probably the least of your problems if you’re letting them experience xenomorphs etc. I would’ve been terrified of that stuff at a young age.

Remember when this came out they were trying to market toys to kids!

#3032 3 years ago

First rule..these are NOT investments...guarantee in 10-25 years when the nostalgia crowd starts going into retirement homes and selling off their collections, we'll all be losing a lot of money on them.

Otherwise, I understand.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I wonder if some guy in pinball said the exact same thing you just said 10-25 years ago. Lol.

Haha, very possible.

#3056 3 years ago

I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but I have to say that the smart move here was to wait until this thing looked like the real deal, especially after the last Alien fiasco. Then again how anyone is even putting up refundable deposits is beyond me. Why not just wait? Do u really want 1 of possibly only a handful and bottom drops out. Its a dream theme and I wouldn't take that chance. Its tough not to look at from an outsiders perspective that Cointaker is just hungry 4 sales, nothing wrong with that and I mean I like the people I deal with at my distributor 2 but I know their first priority to make a sale. What's with the saint like status? Just curious as there's nothing else to discuss around here.

Yes, actually, because as you said, it's a dream theme and about half what one of the others would cost with the same 'issue'. If it was like the DR scenario, then no, but there's really no way to take a hit on this. If they only make a few but they work, there's really no issue.

#3074 3 years ago

and this is why I'm cautiously optimistic about it all. Only so many times you can say 'next week' and it doesn't come before it sounds like bs.

I think everyone needs to set their expectations pretty low on this one. It would be hard in a normal world, and it's way harder in the current world. I think some will come, but I doubt we see much before May if not a few months later.

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It’s sad that there’s this level of animosity about the pin when it doesn’t even exist yet.
I have no dog in this fight but if someone is going to cast aspersions about Melissa/Cointaker or anyone else (excluding Andrew/Heighway as everyone knows the score there) then they should put up or shut up. Coming in and dropping bombs without producing evidence doesn’t help anyone.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence” ~ Hitchen’s Razor

I think history is the evidence.

It's repeating in some way now. It's already been shown that whatever information people are getting from CT is usually wrong in this iteration.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

So Coin-taker has had this game for two weeks now and not a word about it since that first rushed video? Do they have anything planned?

I don[t know wtf is going on over there, but it doesn't make me think very highly of them. I'm not one of those people who are going to call them every day looking for info. They are a distro, they should be advertising and hyping this thing up. The fact they are not really makes you wonder... Feeling this is shaping up to be a repeat of Heighway. Maybe they think it too, but if that's so, why keep repeating information that is probably not correct?

PS. CT didn't make that video. What's the point of them having it?

#3102 3 years ago

Curious, do any other country distros have any info or a machine? Seems it's been 100% quiet about anything other than CT.

#3106 3 years ago

I don't think anyone is getting this anytime soon, possibly this year. Now I know u can't say anything about Cointaker but get ready for more delays and all that. PB would have posted a line up of built machines by now and where's the gameplay vid of the test machine they sent. Melissa went away? so what. Does she run the whole shop. I think its cause its not working.
Keep in my mind I want to be very wrong, setting my expectations real low here as 2 limit disappointment.

That's where I'm at. Fortunately, I'm not in a position to take possession of the game for awhile, so while I am anxious to see news I don't have an issue waiting. I'm staying cautiously optimistic, but am not worried about waiting.

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

The UK distributor (Pinball Bazaar) have stated they're expecting a 'showroom' table shortly, followed by further stock and a Twitch stream imminently.
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-brothers-teasing-alien-on-twitter.48051/page-8#post-398279

Never been on that site. General concensus there seems to be they don't like the Alien pin anyway and are VERY Stern oriented. If there's one thing I am glad is it isn't Stern that had this license. I am not interested in dropping even 5k on most of their games.

I'm curious what Neil means by they are ripping people off. Haven't saw him mention it here. I know there were people who were involved originally that initially were not 'involved' but I thought most had since been involved or promised something.

#3117 3 years ago

There are two in the Dallas area.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing. As dts said, CT is the only distro in the US that will be handling the new Alien. If you mean machines, they are the old ones, not the new ones.

#3120 3 years ago

I'm not really sure what you mean but there are two distributers in the Dallas area handling the new Aliens. I ordered from one.

Interesting...that's the first I've heard of this, and the official PB site does not mention this.

#3124 3 years ago

Point being is it's just one more thing that makes no sense in this whole thing. More distros is good, but they sure aren't advertising it if they exist. At this point, I have a hard time believing anything anyone says.

Too many people with 'info' that is more thin air bs than actual facts.

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm not sure the new Alien pin is hideous but I agree with you on everything else you say. I too have a last run Alien and it has been rock solid. I paid more for it but I wanted to see how the game turned out and I was not willing to be part of the "pre order hysteria" and risk loosing all my money. I would rather wait and see, pay a bit more and in the end there's wayyyyy less stress. The extra money that Alien cost me is money well spent in my world.
QSS

Where are you getting 'losing all my money'? That isn't even possible, even if CT ran off with the deposit which is very unlikely, it's not 'all my money' It was a minor fraction of the total.

This is the over the top hysterics that is stupid. There is no stress. If you OG people are just here to hype up your OG games, then don't. This isn't DR policies we are dealing with. Is it possible the games never come? Sure, but we can get our money back at any time. I actually think given the current situation of the world that these games may in fact never make it, but that's just my normal pessimism. The only thing I wish is that these companies (most all of them) were way more forthcoming about things rather than spinning stories to keep people from know what's going on.

#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This thread blows my mind. 30+ new entries. 0 news.

people don't talk about news, they talk about lack of news

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Mine is on the way as we speak. Unboxing pictures when it gets here. I believe I was #1 or #2. 4 games are boxed up and on their way.

I swear I've seen 4-5 people claim to be 1 or 2.... But anyway, great to hear.

#3175 3 years ago

I really dislike the chrome. Of all the 'looks' issues that people complain about, that is what stands out the most to me and you actually see that. I will definitely be looking to get them coated.

It's good to see some movement, but this whole thing has been so...odd.

#3183 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Payment request came by email from Cointaker and was for $7777 + 418 shipping minus deposit. I called Melissa before paying just to get a gauge on how imminent the shipment was. She told me 4 are boxed and ready to ship to her (from Europe - not sure where) and will be received next week. Then they have to ship out to us. Her estimate was 10-12 days total and I spoke to her last Tuesday so I’m thinking week after next if all goes well.
I still take this all with a grain of salt after the delays over the past 3 months.

This is SOOO much different than 'my game is on its way to me'. If they are 'ready to ship' they aren't going to be here 'next week'. I agree with the other person, they shouldn't be taking final payment until they are either in the US -- or at CT. (edit: see you said they are shipping them from CT)

#3185 3 years ago

Never said my game was on my way to me. That was someone else.

I know, wasn't referring to you even though I quoted you.

#3231 3 years ago

For about $150 you can pretty much fix that cab art on your own. I'm not overly concerned about it at all since it's going to be jammed in with all the other machines that I never see the cabinet on.

#3235 3 years ago

Agreed - replacing cabinet art is a huge undertaking if you are going to do it right. Fortunately the cabinet art on the SE doesn't bother me. and will be nestled in between other pins anyway. I might consider powder coating the chrome if that does bother me, but I doubt it will. I'm much more interested in what is under the glass.
WeirPinball the SE (Standard Edition, which is the only one available right now) is $7777 + $418 shipping. Features have not been announced for the limited version yet - I think pricing might have been announced ($9500 rings a bell).

It can be an undertaking yes...but these are decals, not paint. You replace them with decals and you could honestly slap new decals right over the top. Or you can take em off. Just pointing out the people acting like it is a horror show have an option if offends their senses so bad.

LV was said 9999 back when they announced. I almost imagine it will be higher now if they still do it.

#3260 3 years ago

I never liked the green as it was implemented...and I'm very much a black on lime green person. For whatever reason though, it just didn't click with me. Needed to be 'less' I think. I'm thinkings layered crackled black with the lime underneath peaking through...actually...el paper under it would look pretty f'ng cool too.

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fun to see 6 Aliens in a row.....
Agreed, anxious to see " under the hood" .
Code had to accommodate magnet, physical lock, diff screen configuration, pf inserts,, etc. so had to be addressed.. Not sure that constitutes " better" or not.
BB empty except screen and speakers like before, so have to believe everything lives below.
Can't make it out in any of the videos or pics...are there actual rollover microswitches on the outlanes? Didn't see them...guessing the proximity sensors are still being used(?)
Believe @ averell is the only one that has toyed w adding, changing some audio/ video elements w Brian's help. PB doesn't work on this game tmk...could be wrong.
Anyway, fun to speculate what could be coming...the good side of this effort so far...

I keep seeing/hearing rumors that there are additional callouts that weren't in the original? Can anyone confirm? Like I thought I saw someone mention something about Bill Paxton, was he in the original?

#3308 3 years ago

I admit, I was too. I liked the idea of the pf screen. I also liked the lit side panels, but ultimately, given what they were actually used for, I am fine without them. I hope the ironed out all the actual issues with the game itself.

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm the same. Can't stand those words. Makes people sound like morons. Oh, and how about a grown man saying "meh" I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

Chill daddio, that is such a dudebro thing to say, brah, like for realz.

#3341 3 years ago

I can't tell if this is satire or you need to get out into the world more.

#3343 3 years ago

Everyone is just grumpy because they haven't got their Alien's yet.

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

That's a really good point! I didn't think about that at all. I was surprised to see them on their legs too. I feel like you don't really see them on their legs in a factory.

Have you looked at the Spooky build pics? These are small shops, not shops pounding out 1000's of products a day on lines. (granted I do not know 'where' they are making these so who knows).

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There are certainly some dudes that should not wear anything that displays their nasty feet. Please do us all a favor and keep them covered![quoted image]

Man, you are making me drool.

#3416 2 years ago

Interestingly enough....I got this in my email today.

sandals (resized).JPGsandals (resized).JPG
#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your thread was labeled pre order. If it was an attempted club thread, it would have been shut down bc you can't create a club thread until the machine actually ships. But you know that.
Now that they have shipped and we didn't have a club thread, I created one. Your attempt to rename your original months old thread to be something else is actually a violation of the rules. Might be best to change it back to the original title to avoid confusion although I suspect it will be shut down anyway if you don't do so proactively.
Now why I check this thread is the better question. I saw 70+ posts and thought it was someone posting pics so I had to check. But no it's just the same ol OG posters pointing fingers and postering. Yawn.

Actually..that was a club thread and it did get shut down. Mods said it could be changed to a pre-order and said they'd open it back up when a game shipped.

#3460 2 years ago

Thank you very much for the video. I do not think the cabinet looks bad at all. I am still not a fan of the chrome, but it isn't horrible.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks for the video!
Can anyone make an educated guess as to why the sound seems so bad?
I know it's probably easy to fix , but is it speakers or something that cannot be upgraded ; like they reduced the quality somewhere .
Everything else seems pretty good , but sound is very important to me as well.

Those are probably super cheap speakers made to fit in that limited space. I am sure it won't be an issue to make the audio shine. Just a little $$

#3471 2 years ago

He doesn't even show, maybe it doesn't even have a cab speaker?

EDIT: oh, I guess I missed that he showed a speaker.

#3473 2 years ago

I like the minor artistic changes they made to the front.

I find it interesting he keeps bringing up the lock down bar locks. Is anyone even using the old style williams locks? I haven't seen one in years.

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at it though - it's not just the locking reciever vs clips... there is no reciever at all!
So no adjustments for the lockbar, no steel bar supporting front of cabinet face, lesser brackets supporting the playfield itself.
What I thought was interesting as well was it looked like the right clip didn't have clearance to flip up when the PF was down.. looks like it may have to be fiddled with to get in the lock position.

They seem to be exactly the same as R&M.

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unfortunately - not the greatest standard to be chasing...

Guess it depends on if you consider it an issue. For home use, it certainly isn't.

#3499 2 years ago

I really feel this game needs a jumping facehugger as a topper - pointed right at the player.

#3514 2 years ago

I love the shiny ramps. It doesn't matter what material it is made out of, it will get ball trails.

#3523 2 years ago

I really am not a fan of how they released this. It's to the point now I wish they would not have even brought up having 2 models. Not only because of all the 'bigger screen/pf comments' but simply because they had no idea at the time what was going to be different, and so everyone is left guessing or on the sidelines until something is confirmed. For most people, buying one, just to turn around and buy the other is not really practical and I think overall this whole thing is going to hurt their total sales.

I bought an SV simply because, who knows if they will make it to LV's? Also, price points have went through the roof since the announcements. I have a feeling LV is going to cost more than originally stated, if they even make them (they have not hinted otherwise as of yet).

#3543 2 years ago

Nice update!! Getting very excited now.

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I signed up for an LV.
The vid swayed me over the top.
I hope I get one.
I hope its not like a lottery or a clickfest like R&M was.....
I think this will sell out immediately.
I would prefer to just just buy it now....
Will I be kicking myself for not just paying the deposit for a standard?
Or do I have to just buy both?

I played the I'll buy the SV now, and I put my order in the for LV - I'll make the decision once they actually show the details. As it is, it would need to be blow me away things to drop the extra money. I can live without things like anti glare glass, etc. They also originally said that they thought many of the cosmetic things for the LV could be bought outright. It's just way too early to know for sure.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Can I put in an order for an LV?
Or is it just a "Chance" at getting one...

It's not random or anything. You put $1 down and you are put on the list. It's mostly just to gauge interest. I am sure for the most part it is first come first serve. As for 'chance'...I think it's all chance right now.

#3575 2 years ago

I'm not interested in the LV but any ideas on how many SV's they are planning or is it unlimited to demand.

Unlimited to demand at this point.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m supposed to pay the balance due but I’m not sure I’ve seen enough.
I wanted to see what the LE looks like and see what issues people are having too.

Well if you were early on the list, you can ask to be put further back? At this point, I think we've seen what we're going to see, but to expect to hold off until LV reveal is asking a bit much since they always said middle of the year. Not sure why you are asking here. If you are unsure right now, don't buy it. It will be another 2 months before any LV info.

#3602 2 years ago

I just need to know one thing. Where...they...are...

Someone make a web based ship tracker

tracker (resized).JPGtracker (resized).JPG

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It does. I missed the first container by 5 games.

That's okay man!! More kinks worked out before we get ours! I've been over being a beta tester for years. I just want crap to work.

#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

whoa! are all of these more finished ones ready to ship?

Probably getting close, those look pretty complete. It could be the ones heading to the ship for first shipment though.

#3625 2 years ago

Strobes...it needs strobes. I will wait and see what they implement on this one.

#3631 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I emailed them and they responded this morning that they haven’t thought about the beacons. Basically nothing. Now they could be lying to cover but I doubt it.

I find it really odd that they 'haven't thought' about beacons. Since the OG had them, clearly they had to consider them and decide to leave them off at the very least. I imagine it is completely about the LV.

#3645 2 years ago

I love Pinstadiums , can u imagine a nice dark green / blue and super white flashes during game play.

Get away from her you bitch!

#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

in regards to a fog machine , i just tested a fast dissipating fog juice with my JP dinosaur setup and it works perfectly for this type of application indoors. No setting off the fire alarm etc. It might set off if the detector is really close (depending on how detectors work) ; but i find a fog machine to be a viable option in the right space at this point , with the proper juice.

Fog machines ahve the issue of oily residue. Really the newer steam jets are what are needed

Also, holy hell that's so awesome. That is exactly what we need but in Xeno form

#3656 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

just wanted to share the fog juice , which makes a claim of little residue ... i did feel the area where thefog shoots .. right into some glass and a moving blanket and there was no residue.
[quoted image]

Is this what you used? Because this is the stuff I'm talking about. Apparently there are some foggers that can use it.

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

yes .. i dont want to de-rail the thread any further .. but if it helps getting fog in an Alien! ..why not!
also , that's a regular fog machine

It's not a derail! It's potential!

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Most guys spend $200 to put invisiglass on their game so they can see the PF clearer and you guys want to fire up a fog machine under the glass...

No.

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's badass no doubt! Love the way they look.
I'm expecting (b/c it's such an easy sell) for pingraffix to release they lit side blades for alien to achieve the same effect but we'll see. OG alien is still a great looking game no doubt. I never disliked the cabinet either. Nice having a standout too.

I keep thinking that there are some pretty brilliant minds around here that someone would actually just DIY a mod that mimics those sides for their own machine. I suppose there could be an issue with sturdiness if you cut a big hole out of both sides of the cab, but I'm sure there's an engineering method to remedy that.

I always thought those were pretty badass and surprised no one else has done something like that for their CE versions.

#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

One more comparison question... Will the PB game use the same big backglass screen as the Heighway game?

No, it is more of a standard one. Go watch the video someone posted a few pages back. You get a very good look at it.

This is the basic break down on what we know so far:

Pros: Half the price
Physical ball locks
Extra magnet
Williams Cab
Most likely more reliable overall
ie: redesigned face huggers that are not supposed to break as easy
Appears to be redesigned electronically from the ground up (underneath workings seem completely different)
Better / more RGB lighting
Chromed shiny ramps

Cons: (on Standard version)
Doesn't have the cool lit cabinet
No playfield screen
Smaller more standard pinball backbox screen
No powdercoat on trim
No lit inside sideblades
Cheap plastic translite thing (honestly don't know what you would call it). No glass for backglass.

And before you ask, no we do not know what the LV will have on it.

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It might be nice if PB did something similar for Aliens LV as what Haggis did for Fathom:

So is that like street sign reflective?

#3716 2 years ago

https://images.pinside.com/0/ac/0e/0ac0ea704e90714ce75d297c20a32cb3bae4b415.pdf

I’m very comfortable working on repairs but R&M was a complete nightmare and the first pinball machine I felt relieved to have out of my home. When you need to reposition screws holding down ball guides to make shots smooth, you are correcting a design flaw. Adjusting switches is something that any NIB machine can need and hopefully that is the most that will be required with Alien.
Regarding the Xenomorph mouth not closing during multiball - I’ll take a close look at mine when it arrives today. I don’t know the mechanics of how the mouth works, but I assume there is a motor or coil that controls it, and hopefully there are tests that can be performed in the settings menu.

Not to completely derail but those are not design flaws, they are manufacturing flaws. Once adjusted to where they 'should' be - which is very apparent if they follow the art, it works much better. That being said, the flipper crap is annoying AF. I really hope they get that figured out on R&M AND before they release their next game.

As for the Alien mouth, I'm not sure how jacked up that switch is supposed to be - or if there are other switches in there, but someone needs to go back to the drawing board on it.

#3733 2 years ago

I think we all get some people prefer the asthetics of the OG, and if anyone really wants one, they can pay the price for them. They go up for sale all the time. An unfortunate part of this hobby is, there's always the chance your grail game you paid top dollar for is suddenly going to be worth less. I've never used pinball as an investment strategy, more like a money sink, so it doesn't really bother me.

As it stands, the remake is what it is, and what most of us new potential owners want to know is how it plays, how the new items are, and overall what the build quality is. I have no interest in people putting down one versus the other to further some personal agenda. People will always have their preferences.

So far, what we've seen of the new game has been pretty positive given the somewhat questionable announcements (or lack of). There will be bugs to work out for sure which is pretty much the standard for all new releases these days.

If you are holding out for an LV, please stop asking every other day what is on it - they have a website, and you can read. Additionally quit getting your hopes up that it will have the PF screen or a bigger backbox screen. Maybe it will, but most likely it won't. If you can't possible accept this, again, there are OG's you can pay 2x as much for.

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Have Pinball Bros discussed selling mods? (art blades?)
By the way... who is going to craft a new hyper sleep chamber? Medisinyl

They certainly mentioned that they thought they would be selling add-ons/parts, but it was mainly pointed at whatever was on the LV that wasn't on the SV at the time. Otherwise, they've not really said much else.

2 weeks later
#3824 2 years ago

If I were people I'd just quit bugging her. There is no need if you didn't get asked to pay. We'll get them when they get here. Not much she can do about when and how many they ship.

#3829 2 years ago

I just received my invoice as well. That's a surprise. So apparently there are more than 22 on the ship.

#3831 2 years ago

Just says shipping June 8th. If I had to guess we are probably looking at mid to end of July to ship from CT.

#3841 2 years ago

yeah, I'm 34 - Like I mentioned before, the first list was 35 exactly. The 2nd list did not have a limit. I'm fine with waiting for 2nd shipment, but I really hope they didn't just request full payment from those not on that first shipment if we have no idea when the 2nd batch will ship. I have better places my money can sit. I don't know where the 22 number is coming from as those numbers don't add up...unless many people backed out on the first shipment (which may be the case).

#3848 2 years ago

Well if you assume they've been building for the last 2 months and maybe 10 games a week..seems normal. Probably less, and hopefully they are fixing things as they go.

#3861 2 years ago

I'd say you are trying to judge something by a video that you can't.

2 weeks later
#3896 2 years ago

Awesome to see these making it out!

#3919 2 years ago

I think the most annoying thing is the teasing of a LV version with absolutely nothing stated that anyone can make a decision when these things have been for sale for 6 months. I very much hope all the differences can be upgraded on the SV.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Will the LV include an apron? Good hell, what were they thinking? Charge an extra $150-$200 and do some artwork or something. It looks unfinished.

I believe the OG also was very plain. I might find someone who can airbrush Giger-esque and have them do the apron and legs/armor.

cleanandlevel - if you haven't already, I would go through connections with a fine tooth comb and make sure they are all tight. They may have been loose in shipping and playing just made them worse. Both backbox and under the pf.

#3928 2 years ago

Is someone making those? I know MK69 had his which was cool too but didn't sound like he wants to make more.

1 week later
#3958 2 years ago

I would say if you haven't jumped on it just yet...wait. I am actually hoping the 2nd ship isn't loaded with games yet (or boxed for that matter) until they get some more issues worked out. The good news, is they appear to be making progress.

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is playing fine.

sooo 1 out of how many?

1 week later
#3983 2 years ago

Yeah, Halloween is going to have issues, it's got a ton of mechs. If you haven't ordered a Halloween by now, you are looking at at least 12 months wait time anyway. Of course, I don't know what the wait time is on an Alien at this point.

Of course, if you can..get both

I'm going to hold for Halloween and maybe try to pick up a used one in a year or two once the gameplay is actually shown.

#3990 2 years ago

There really is no long term support...from any company. You have what...a 1 year warrantee most times? If anything breaks, you gotta go find parts. Generally there aren't a ton of extra parts just sitting at the company waiting to give out. If you are referring to code...well...that is very dependent on who's doing it (person not company).

#3996 2 years ago

Well I really hope they do stick to it. I think LV's are going to keep getting pushed back since they haven't got everything working and barely got any games out. So if anyone is waiting on that...I wouldn't get too excited. I think possibly they should have just started with those and would have gotten much more interest. Now you have this weird waiting game. I don't know how many they've sold, but it can't be that many so far.

1 week later
#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You can adjust those to be less sensitive.

What do you mean? You can't adjust how a flipper button 'physically' feels without replacing the flipper button mechs.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Replace the buttons if you don't like the way the buttons feel. I agree they are a bit sensitive, but like said previously, you can easily adjust them to be less sensitive by bending the leaf switch.

which has nothing to do with what his comment was about...

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Personally, I have no problem with the flipper buttons... They seem as good of quality as any pinball machine I have ever played.

I was curious because I know that the leaf switch flipper buttons you can buy for virtual cabs, etc are...not the best feeling. Thought maybe that was what was being used here.

2 weeks later
#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

A friend of mine (non-pinsider) is looking at getting the game. If theoretically he put a deposit down now, what is the wait time for game to arrive. Is each shipment improving on the out of box issues I have been reading about? Just looking for honest feedback on what realistically to expect as I am his "Tech support"

No one knows at this point. The first official shipment hasn't even completely arrived yet.

It does appear they are trying to make improvements, but it's odd that all the time they had to prepare at a second go, that some of these out of the box on the most used parts of the game were not improved upon prior to release. But at least they seem to be making an effort to improve.

1 month later
#4031 2 years ago

For anyone sitting on the sidelines..

I received my game yesterday.. I believe I am around #34. Aside from a missing nut on a ramp, and needing to tweak the v2 targets to not stick, so far everything is working great. Xeno is working as expected, and catching the ball at least 95% of the time under the latest code. I've only had the glass off once to grab a stuck ball behind a ramp. Not to shit on anyone else, but by comparison I had the glass off my R&M more times than I can remember in the first 24 hours and beyond.

Point being anyone concerned about build quality, it looks like they are quickly adjusting and improving. I don't have any complaints as of yet.

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Are these Q2 shipments?

Should be, I believe all the Q1 orders have been delivered.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Nope, I'm day 1 order for Q1 and just got my invoice this past week.

That's weird...wonder if CT got some of the games out of order. I was 34 of 35 (Q1) and paid back in May. I suppose what may have happened is some people dropped out or changed to LV queue, and so my number moved up...

#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I just got this game, supplied in EU via RS Pinball.
PB is not supplying standards at the moment because they are building LV’s (that make much more cash), is what I heard. first LV’s will ship from announcement date.
I don’t work there so don’t know if true.

Hard to say, but if they were people would already be paying in full for LV"s which isn't happening yet. Considering they are still trying to finish getting SV's to people as well.

3 months later
#4070 2 years ago

The modes DO work properly....I've never had an issue with them. In fact I thought they were stopping the ball way more than they should. There were some questionable responses in 2.2d, but in 2.4 I've not seen any issues.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The only time it stops the ball for me in those modes is when Hyper sleep lock has been activated. Otherwise orbit shots for me in both directions just go flying through during those modes.

Well I know it is working for me in the modes, but I will test this weekend to see if hypersleep has any requirements. not knowing all the requirements for certain things certainly makes it difficult to know for sure.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks. I didn't have this issue in other versions.
I hit some kind of rescue mode I never hit before yesterday. I only noticed because the sounds and music were different. It said somethin in yellow on the left lower part of the screen and it wasn't a Hadley's Hope mode either.
Anyone get a rescue mode before and what is it?

Yeah, I've had it, if it wasn't newt, it is something to do with the APC targets - I think if you hit them in order a certain number of times it starts that rescue mission.

#4080 2 years ago

If a mode wants to divert into the pops, then do that. Used by Derelict Ship, Queen's Nest, and Tunnel Hunt. Note that the left/right/upper loop shots do not always divert the same way - it depends on the shots lit during the mode.

This would point to what you think you are seeing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.