20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1419 3 years ago

Very interested to see this happen. Great game if it comes in more reliable. Amazing shooter and integration.

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Playfields with display windows are still sitting stagnant at Mirco, after all. Question is how much updating would be required to upgrade the playfield to LE (PF display) if it turns out possible, and will the display assets remain the same enough so that the PF display would still work as intended in the new machines.
Common code or not will be the clincher. Either two different code builds for each version, or the same code build for both with option settings to suit which physical game version it is applied to. The later would seem to be the most sensible and cost effective, keeping one lot of code updated rather than two lots. Alot hinges on whether the code is shared between versions or not.

No doubt this will happen somewhere Lol ... and so emphasise how Most would Really Want the Playfield Display instead of the gutted out version... Mirco may soon become sold out of their never to be made again Heighway Alien Playfield stocks ....

What type of code would be needed? Seems that second display was nothing more then a mirror splitter of the primary screen. Personally never seen a value added having it but looked nice.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Helps with playing the game. You see what to do in the modes quickly, and it creates a cool motion detector graphic on the playfield, as well as ambient light. Necessary, no. Just cool. I'm still in line for a remake, so I'll compare them side by side and see which I ultimately prefer.

Understood as I have the game just looking at this New option as a more reliable alternative. Just felt while nice the screen was basically redundant. I really like their revision of weapons vs screen personally. Hope this goes well.

#1545 3 years ago

In for the win. Turns out there Is some good to come of 2020!

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Peter/Buthamburg

If that is true that is Awesome. His work is outstanding!!

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what exactly is fake news? Reworked parts or the fact that certain aliens work perfectly well. I can confirm the latter was accurate for mine

I would say a bit Less confident on that last part. Completely NOT your issue and an AWESOME seller no question but not weeks after owning the Alien I bought from you it was literally a crap shoot daily what mech or feature would not function that day. lol Screens out, ball trough rapid fire, Alien mag grab locked, 3 switches broke and so on. Again, it was Perfect when you sold it to me No complaints just not sure this is a Perfect gen 1 game. I am in on the New release with hopes for the same fun without much of the mystery heartache. There is a reason most gen 1 Aliens come with 5k in spares lol.

#1893 3 years ago

Why all the posts about Gen 1 reliability? Are they all going up for sale? Seems they are building a new game that will need to establish its own service track record so not sure I understand the justification feedback. My original MM was flawless granted I didn’t expect the MMr to be guaranteed the same.

#1901 3 years ago

Ok prepping for this games arrival. Does anyone know if the Stern (PinballLife) lollipop side rails would fit this game? Love the design changes but the stainless is a no-go for me. Want to get a set and lock bar done in proper black prior to game arrival. Anyone know where to buy them or which type of lock bar they might be using? Appreciate any advice.

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I want to do the same too. Has to be black all around

delt do you think standard rails black would look good or the lollipops they put on the remake? This Must be blacked out!

#1923 3 years ago

Ok preparing the last details of the game room for this wonderful new arrival! An all Alien adventure!!!

20D60AFA-01D2-425F-998A-FFB0E99CF032 (resized).jpeg20D60AFA-01D2-425F-998A-FFB0E99CF032 (resized).jpeg64788706-0FF9-4253-B930-EF60B09B2639 (resized).jpeg64788706-0FF9-4253-B930-EF60B09B2639 (resized).jpeg
#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

NICE! I like it...

Yes limited print. Looks incredible. He does amazing work.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We will see. I believe the new firmware would have been redesigned in a way that the original code would run on it, why change for no reason and port or alter every bit of code? ... that makes no sense to me.
The interview only suggests code changes for physical playfield updates such as the chestburster, varying inserts and lit standups, and hypersleep locks. Meaning it has likely Not been changed for suiting different architecture. They only said Boards have been split up and made smaller for servicability. Also the LED and switches are SMD on the boards so no sockets.
Would not make sense to change the code for the same game, not at all really.
Also there is this:
[quoted image]
Which basically spells out that PB is supporting Heighway products. Same as for the last couple of years. I think non Alien owners might have missed that bulletin at tge time Heighway was collapsing.
So yeah, there's that too.

Not sure I see anything in that notice having anything to do with future code updates for old Aliens. They only claim Support for some old stock mechanical hardware “the best we can” and some parts being interchangeable. Doubt they are going to code update 2 platforms from that announcement?

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah there will be some, how much is the question. You'd have to read a variety of past posts back in the relevant threads before you would "see".
Beside anything else, why would one be asked about compiling details of HW Alien known bugs in current 1.4?? ... a bug report.

Agreed though bug fixes and continued code are somewhat different. Seems like some are expecting a gen 1 code completion which doesn’t seem like the case.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The website quoted above for spare parts said limited stock - way I interpreted that is not good long term.
I would expect a computer upgrade coming.

I think that’s key. Limited stock support and Try to manage expectations. Similar to MMr I think this platform will take a new path. On the plus side 15k Aliens like TBL and old MM are over finally and this great game can see a new depth in the market to enjoy by all.

2 weeks later
#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Stern doesn't release gameplay videos before the game is coming out, maybe they are following their way of doing it?

Add to that This game has been out for Years already with hundreds of videos showing game play? Will a revised cabinet change much of the play?

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I do hope the GI lighting is enhanced a bit, maybe the RGB lit targets will help too... but my only other issue with the original was it was hard to see the ball as the game is so dark. That fits the mood for sure I know, but a little more lighting would have helped. Regardless, I am so happy to be getting an SE of this amazing title.

100% agree. Dark theme yes but the minimal GI on the original was dismal. As for the playfield display, could care less. Just seemed like a distraction and for Mine anyway was constantly a problem dropping to static constantly. I can look up at the display would rather see the weapons inserts as they opted. Excited to get this new and improved version at Realistic market value without a trunk of needed spare parts lol.

1 week later
#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I agree with this, they contradict themselves. They claimed they already shipped games / air shipped (to CoinTaker) some & built what 22 machines ?! Yet they now have a problem, and claim need to fix before shipping ?!

They never Claimed anything, Pinside did as usual.

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is there an example of a successful contract manufacturing partnership in Pinball?
That is the largest red flag to me.

Spooky seemed pretty successful at contract work.

1 month later
#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Take it easy. Its pinball. U see this is the problem. Its fine to love pinball but some of u guys take it a little too far. The pinball shirts and conventions and all that shit, I mean award shows? Take it easy. It dies with us, embrace it. ur kid or kids might love pinball, u know why? cause u have them around. its a very very very small part of the culture kind sirs. Yeah everyone loves to play my pins but not one over 12 yrs now went out and picked one up as a result. Again. Take it easy. Were quoting Indian folklore now?
Sorry, back to Alien. Oh wait...............

Oddly I agree with you view lol. In 20 plus years of collecting from co-workers, general friends, and thousands of clients I have Yet to run into another person say "Hey, I collect/own pinballs also!" Not once. Add to that any of said groups that come over to visit all Love the games Until they ask "how much does one of these cost?" then they look at you like you're a nut and simply just enjoy the play time. Marketing outside the underground channels of the hobby would be a Huge waste of capital that only We would pay for in purchase cost. (Cargument) May be why we don't see many Ferrari commercials or magazine adds lol. Elite collectables.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This might be a regional thing. My town has a dozen barcades, multiple pinball leagues, multiple tournaments going on every night of the week in non-pandemic times, a big local show that draws 5,000 people, we do classic arcades at other big drawing events, we do a packed Game Collecting 101 seminar at the local Comicon that draws 60,000 people of a weekend, and there is a ton of younger people with high paying tech jobs. Pinball and 80s arcade games are all over here and everyone plays them out at bars, our collector and tournament community is huge, as it the casual player crowd. All my friends play pinball and a bunch own games. There are lots of young people, lots of women, and these days more and more people of color. I definitely think pinball is catching on with younger generations right now more than it has in the past 20-30 years.

No question its catching on in "interest" but as Buyers/owners I suspect very few. Great for operators and bar owners no question.

#3058 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but I have to say that the smart move here was to wait until this thing looked like the real deal, especially after the last Alien fiasco. Then again how anyone is even putting up refundable deposits is beyond me. Why not just wait? Do u really want 1 of possibly only a handful and bottom drops out. Its a dream theme and I wouldn't take that chance. Its tough not to look at from an outsiders perspective that Cointaker is just hungry 4 sales, nothing wrong with that and I mean I like the people I deal with at my distributor 2 but I know their first priority to make a sale. What's with the saint like status? Just curious as there's nothing else to discuss around here.

Dont think its called a Business if the intention isn't to make money? I believe that would be not for profit. With that said I doubt you will find many if Any examples of taking a gamble and loosing with Coin Taker. IF you want and are willing to bet I don't think there are better odds then betting on Melissa.

3 weeks later
#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Do not expect working games folks.
[quoted image]

Seems like an extreme assessment based on a game setup at a pinball show. Balls getting stuck does not qualify a fail.

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thats the game cointaker got as the first one off the line. Consider it a sample game for them to bang on and shake out the issues. No more/No less.

Heck Yeah. Aliens for ALL!! Such a great game and at this price point in todays market a Great opportunity if you enjoy pinball. Can't wait personally.

1 week later
#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

twerking to get things working

Twerking?? What kind of OG are you talking about?

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here, unboxing and a quick review:

Well done and Thank you for sharing your experience!!!! Game looks awesome and at half price from current market on OG this is a home run. Oddly for some reason I kept expecting your to yell "Run for the Choppper" during your review but no... lol Thanks again.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

This is simple, but sometimes it is something simple so it can't hurt to ask. Is the cabinet speaker working and putting out full volume? You mentioned that you were getting almost no bass. If there were an issue with that speaker, that would explain it.

My guess is it is something rather simple. When he showed that massive base speaker in the bottom cabinet then noted there was no base my guess would be there is some type of bass knob in the bottom cabinet somewhere to pump that up. Highly doubt they would put a speaker that big in with nothing to fire it.

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He doesn't even show, maybe it doesn't even have a cab speaker?

He does show it in the video.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like the minor artistic changes they made to the front.
I find it interesting he keeps bringing up the lock down bar locks. Is anyone even using the old style williams locks? I haven't seen one in years.

Guess its a personal preference for him totally fine. Think JJP is the last to still use that lock method. Doesn't matter much to me personally. Loved the changes and improvements they made. Looked really well built top to bottom with the primary theme and shot map still as original yet slightly better with added features. They picked the right time to roll this game out. For anyone that has never had the chance to enjoy playing Alien This is a huge opportunity. Such a full wonderful pinball experience. Well done PB!

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at it though - it's not just the locking reciever vs clips... there is no reciever at all!
So no adjustments for the lockbar, no steel bar supporting front of cabinet face, lesser brackets supporting the playfield itself.
What I thought was interesting as well was it looked like the right clip didn't have clearance to flip up when the PF was down.. looks like it may have to be fiddled with to get in the lock position.

Its different, no big whoop. IF we have to lift the playfield every day then Maybe a concern otherwise a non concern. Way better to me then the original design lifting that 50 pound glass rail assembly off. That design I did not care for personally.

#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Infinity Alien Mirror
[quoted image]

What a beautiful site to see. Aliens on an Italian marble floor. Now thats production with Class! Can't wait.

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We are coming to you for a few mods.....so get busy...lol

Appreciated though after owning one for awhile this game is dam near perfect. Almost an experience in my view. Rather impressed they pulled this off and so glad the masses will finally get to experience what this game is all about. IF it wasn't for the reliability issues (my game and experience no debate please) I would never have sold it. So glad to be on the list with others.

1 month later
#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Mk6 yours is absolutely frikkin beautiful dude.. no need to even discuss it! He's trolling and didn't need to bash yours to pump his buddies tires. He's added nothing to the hobby. Except claiming to bring people the "better" alien! AMSNL, are you one of the Pinball Brothers?

Agreed. I think it turned out great and the best option on the secondhand market.

#3942 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Nice find! Hope that fixes it.

I know a guy with a few spare fuses…….

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.