20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeirPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 5 years ago

Hey if they want to pump a bunch of $$ to better the design - and sell it at the $6.5K price point, I'd seriously consider buying one. One of the best games I've ever played. Loved the theme and everything about it.

3 weeks later
#545 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pulled this post up again a couple times today, and just couldn't stop laughing!!!
I think this thread needs to stay focused on racoons until anything real pops up!!!

Best one I've seen:

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

already got my order in - full payment made!

Yep, let all jump on that boat....Good thing startups never fail....

1 year later
#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I remember seeing Heighway post pictures and videos of games fully boxed going on trucks for ships destined to the US. Remember that, everyone?
Until I see 100+ Pinsiders raving about their newly unboxed Alien 2.0-WBE-widebody-no PF LCD-better facehugger-whatever version of the game, I ain't moving two wooden nickels.
I get it. It was a great game and immersion is awesome and sound and light shows are amazing and all that. I definitely got my fill of it, but until they are showering Pinside like Oprah does her audience with cars, I am staying emotionally detached from this.

NPO is dead on - I'd love to own another, but not buying until it is a proven pin.
I bet cointaker is just falling over themselves to become a distributor again after getting screwed the first time.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

When people can come to grips w the fact that Alien's problem wasn't the machine itself, but rather the company (or lack thereof) stepping up and supporting it, working out the kinks, etc. then clarity is achieved here.
Having CGC make this (original thread title) would have been really exciting.
Maybe I'm missing something, but would rather see posts/ pics of a factory for assembly, support structure (name dropping), etc. than what is being shown now.
I'll just hope for the best at this point....

Sorry, but the problem was also the machine's engineering or lack of. My launch wireform broke the first day, the machine wouldn't work so I had to rebuild the computer, the switch connectors were crap. Had to fix the tongue grab on the alien. Other problems, just can't remember off the top of my head.

That said - when it worked it was one of the most fun I've ever had playing a game. Just hope they take the time and spend the money to make it more reliable.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Guess I'm lucky, I don't even know what you mean by disco lights. I did replace the DVI cable to the playfield screen. The early run games you worked on had a lot of problems, the later ones not as much. I hope Pinball Brothers has more consistency.

I had one of the last from cointaker - It took me quite a while to get it up and running. I bought it basically knowing it would work upon setup.

1 month later
#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Well there you go. This is great news! Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if any other distributer will get games to play test?

Last time ct was the only distributor in the us

2 months later
#3204 3 years ago

Let me get this straight - hard to tell from the thread, but are you guys putting deposits down for alien 2.0?

hit head.gifhit head.gif
#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

So? I don't know why people keep trying to spin this into something negative. This is not Highway. My 1K is with the distributer and it's fully refundable. Do you really think there is a chance that Cointaker will jeopardize their name and business by taking all our money and leaveing town? My distributer still has my money, I know him, he has a great reputation in the pinball community. My money is safe.

Umm ok this is not highway - right... and not trying to put a negative spin on this, just can't believe people still put deposits down on games that don't yet exist. I agree cointaker is much safer with a deposit. Hope this all works out, the original was a great game.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For about $150 you can pretty much fix that cab art on your own. I'm not overly concerned about it at all since it's going to be jammed in with all the other machines that I never see the cabinet on.

Are you planning on just slapping it over the old art? If you want to do it right and prep the cabinet, it is no easy task. I don't mind the art as is

What is the price on v2.0?

#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Agreed - replacing cabinet art is a huge undertaking if you are going to do it right. Fortunately the cabinet art on the SE doesn't bother me. and will be nestled in between other pins anyway. I might consider powder coating the chrome if that does bother me, but I doubt it will. I'm much more interested in what is under the glass.
WeirPinball the SE (Standard Edition, which is the only one available right now) is $7777 + $418 shipping. Features/pricing have not been announced for the limited version yet.

That's not bad actually - that's about what I paid for the original

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Things are looking really good, judging from these videos, gameplay is basically the same. I love my original, but could be swayed on the LV if they upgrade the cabinet, maybe add the screen back, figure out some EL side and back art, basically getting closer to the original, and add some code updates.

No probs on my late run at all, and PB will be supporting better I/O boards and parts. Not concerned about future support any more than for the remake.

Are they using the same motherboard and software? I wouldn't think so, but reminder if anyone needs it I have it hosted on my website:
http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

1 month later
#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

This is what Alien Pinball Machines being loaded onto a ship destined for the US looks like!
[quoted image]

With this pins previous rep I thought it looked more like this...

ship (resized).jpgship (resized).jpg
#3872 2 years ago

To keep you guys waiting occupied - here was my exciting day in 2008

alien pinball (resized).jpgalien pinball (resized).jpg

#3877 2 years ago

sorry 2018

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Couldn't of been that exciting. it's been sold!

It was one of my favorites but the risk vs reward of keeping it at the time led to it's sale.

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey Scott. You going to get one of the new ones? I’ve been playing the one at comics to games down here and it’s been pretty solid so far. Apparently more bug fixes coming soon.

I'm waiting in the wings to see how the final products end up

2 months later
#4024 2 years ago

Haven't checked this thread in a while - doesn't look good....

nuke.gifnuke.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WeirPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=WeirPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.