20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
A9F4C5E8-5E36-44E8-8A8D-0B47B8CB785F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No you aren’t.
Announcing drains is a moderatable offense!
Am I allowed to tell you there’s an ignore button if your not interested in my wisdom?

He didnt announce a drain, he told you that its available since this topic is so upsetting to you.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm sure he'll live stream it as well. Is there anything that guy won't do for attention?

(edited)

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Take it to PM!

Block me!

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Which begs the question - who was Kanada's source for this rumor??

His bunghole.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

And if he's wrong, does he get the Pinsider Insideher?

Who's the Pinsider?

1 month later
#637 2 years ago

Pre-ejaculate. Not happening..

1 month later
#714 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

So is there a chance he'll have to shut down and go find a new hobby to annoy. I would never hold someone to a tattoo bet.

He supposedly bought a Challenger Hellcat. I outed him quick, never seen again.Good.

1 week later
#739 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I'd wonder if Stern is up to task....

I'm not sure where the disconnect it. Sure, could Stern do it, JJP could do it, but they wont, at least as Heighway did it. Too many proprietary pieces, to much drama and an expired license. Stern is pumping out pins every 3 months and JJP is still gaining traction. Would like to see it happen though..

1 month later
#750 2 years ago

Alien in its present form is not going to be produced by anyone, sadly.

#755 2 years ago

Changing the cab size changes everything. Shot geometry, timing of A/V integration, tempo and overall feel. It wont be the same Alien, maybe Aliens 2.0 or some ish..

I would be down for an Alien 2.0 which could be bad ass in its own right, and obtainable...

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Who could resist $3k worth of fun for $12.5k?

Barry hopes noone!

2 months later
#814 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I hope Josh’s no actually meant yes...

Does Josh make business decisions?

1 year later
#907 11 months ago

Wish they werent dropping the LCD though.

For owners, does the LCD provide much?

1 week later
#1060 10 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To sum up with what we know: (for now)
Same Wide body layout
Same playfield art
Same LCD as TBL in back box (no lore wide LCD screen )
No more LCD on PF and the space has been filled with Alien 1 and 2 missions.
New diverter for the scoop
Magnet to feed the upper right flipper
WMS coil mechanisms everywhere
The Pf is no more removable like before. (Classic style)
What we don’t know:
Cabinet art: still unknown. Probably a new one with decals
Backbox art : maybe the aurich LE one -> that’s my current bet.
Did they keep induction switch? Or classic ones....
Did I miss something?

Yes. Who is financing?

2 weeks later
#1398 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't care... who's selling Lol
Just that poor potential remake buyers get a cut down version, missing an undeniably integral aspect. It is the visual aspect of integration and immersion that disapears without the playfield display so the game is definately less immersive without it, like it or not. More will be spewin' than not, to be sure. It is a dumb move to ditch its integration. Just stating the obvious, as unfortunate as it is for so many.
Could have been much much more demand than there will be now if no PF display option exists, for such small cost saving to the end buyer (if any). Would be unfortunate for alot of Alien people, but s#it happens I spose.

Now this Would make for a smart move!!

I just dont understand why they are taking them out?? They dont appear to be problematic... Doesn't make sense to me, but they must have a reason.

#1400 10 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

The reason is cost reduction!

For who? I bet nearly 100% of Alien buyers would opt to pay more if the screen was included.

#1714 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was kidding.
I've owned a bunch of Lambos. Quality autos but a pain in the ass to change the oil.

Explains a lot!

#1715 10 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't really comment on anything, but since this much is public I'll just say this: wishing for nothing but good vibes and success all around. It's pinball, just gotta see how the ball rolls, but I'm rooting for this to have a happy ending.

"Wishing".

Im not sold yet either!

#1716 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

Agreed - and even if I just bought delt31's original Alien (which is awesome) I hope they do sell in the 1000s! It's such a unique pin and it deserves a big audience.
BTW it is really fun for me to see this talk about pinball and Italy... I grew up there and in the 70s/early 80s pinball (or "flipper" as it's called there) was EVERYWHERE in Italy, it was incredibly popular, and directly connected with the American culture obsessions Italians have had since WWII.
This old bit from a fantastic Italian comedian making fun of "pinball culture" back in the 80s is one of the funniest things ever - much more so if you are Italian, but even if you are not... come on!

I laffed out loud, thanks!!

#1717 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:

My opinion about the PF art and subtracting the PF screen.
I am sure the video screen is helpful and whatnot but it does take away from the art package, the planet is already iffy as far as I'm concerned but when you subtract half of the planet it just looks very meh (I mean the PF + display makes the planet look bad almost rather it was just empty space rather than the planet).
With the display removed at least we can see the whole circle of the planet and even with the ammo inserts it looks more like a typical pinball PF with inserts.
IMO mini displays are better off the PF like in DI or SW that way you can have your cake and eat it too. The display in the PF is a compromise that is good and bad.

I would be watching the pf screen for info and immersion, not looking up at the backbox for the same immersion, and taking your eyes off the pf. I think the pf screen exclusion is a big step backward, and i still dont understand why.

Screenshot_20201218-174838_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1748 10 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Exactly. Leveling the lens only requires simple accurate engineering solution. Heighway method was not good, but they even kinda sorted that slapstick setup by the end. Bad engineering, like with much of the underlying cabinet characteristics, was an issue. A playfield protector solves everything, but I understand some will not want a game which includes a playfield protector as a requirement either. Not hard to make flush installation foolproof either, just requires applying some intelligent thought.

Yea, I dont have an Alien, but I've been following the Aliens pinball saga since day one, and the pf screen isnt mentioned as a problem very often.

#1836 10 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks.
Played it very briefly at TPF when Andrew was there and it hardly worked.
Do you think it will miss the screen on the PF? I thought that was really cool.

To me, it seems like a loss, but ive never played it. Im sure the aftermarket will come up with s secondary display, not in the pf.

2 weeks later
#2194 9 months ago
Quoted from dri:

No one owns a Stargate in this thread and it shows.

Upvote soley for the DRI avatar.

#2215 9 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm puzzled as to why there aren't any gameplay videos of a pinball brothers build. Certainly at least one had to get assembled first before they committed to production.

Because, as I have found out in the BL thread, pinside is a small part of the pinball world and should be discounted.

#2218 9 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]
melissa discusses potential VE upgrades with prospective buyers, while the couple behind her anxiously await delivery of their SE.

Should have held off on this, in case it did actually fail. As of today, not really relevant. Shot your load early bro...

#2254 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would think that these days the hardware cost of such things (center pf, and large backbox lcd) would be lower, but production costs and other part costs are higher than they were in 2017. I imagine the removal of the center, and smaller bb screen was to offset some of that cost (and probably cheaper motherboard as less outputs needed) which was transferred to the stability improvements, the ball lock, the magnet. However, I can't imagine they saved that much money by making those screen changes.

Thats my thought. Are they really saving much money removing the pf screen?

#2294 9 months ago
Quoted from dts:

For me it is less distracting and adds great atmosphere. You literally never have to look up during the game, which increases focus during gameplay. Also, there are things you'd miss if you had to look up. As one example, in Combat Drop mode on Aliens, when you hit standup targets, individual characters briefly pop up on the screen, not long enough to reference to the backbox. Lots of other examples as well. But at the end of the day, this is Alien. You're still playing a masterpiece of pinball.

Yea i cant possibly see how the backbox is better than the PF screen. Also, immersion.

#2295 9 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I don't know what the big deal about the playfield display is? We have all been playing pinball for years and we all are used to looking up at the display in the backbox. We've been doing it for years. Also there still is the other display on the playfield. Perhaps they have a new plan for it?

At one point, pinball didnt have flippers, people were used to that too!
Also, have you never lost track of a ball on the pf when looking up for information? I know I have. Maybe we should think of the backbox as being redundant!!

#2301 9 months ago

Seriously? This isn't groundbreaking shit. It's just a display on the playfield. It's convenient, that's it.

So it is useful, and more convenient than looking up for redundant information on the back-box. Kinda figured that was the case.

#2320 9 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It's been crickets on their facebook page since collecting orders . Not inspiring.
Maybe its the put-up or shut-up theory . We had the constant propaganda from Andrew when he had the control , but if we ar esupposed to see games soon , there should be something to show.
Now back to your normally scheduled "playfield screen" discussion.

Thats true. They were "leaking" all sorts of photos, leading up to "taking deposits" Now, nothing..

#2345 9 months ago
well-if-you-dont-know-now-you-know (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2436 9 months ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I don't think its hate. Lets be honest about this though. An overseas company with the Heighway assets and no prior game releases using an Italian unknown pinball manufacturer with no income outside of I'm assuming some local investors? Please explain how people can't be anything but highly skeptical?

Dream theme does this to people..

#2509 9 months ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming from but to your defense, assembling pinball machines is not particularly hard and has been done for nearly 100 years now. Designing and manufacturing the actual parts from scratch, is a different story all together and 99% of that work was done prior, as seen in fully working Heighway games on location.

Calling a company Italian, because its based in Italy is now racist? What the hell is wrong with people...

#2511 9 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ordered one. It's really nice and can be posed better but I'm thinking it may be too big for the machine. Opinions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not a fan. Looks like its waving lol.

1 week later
#2578 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is what is strange to me. The only thing I can think is, this isn't an American company and they do things differently.

They might be thinking that having a "third party" testing the units will lend more credibility?

1 week later
#2633 8 months ago

Me three.. They pulled the screen, for that? Put THOSE in the apron lol///

#2660 8 months ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Regardless of how it lights up, it still looks unfinished on the pf, like an uncolored picture in a coloring book.
Plus the sentry guns are a very small part of the movie, and not worthy of their central location and larger size on the pf.
I’m hopeful the LE is much improved in that area. Doesn’t have to be another screen, but give us something more interesting. All imo of course.

Wrong. Please bring the screen back!! Lol

#2663 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I prefer the screen in the center of the apron, gonna recess it so it looks stock... And I don't have to worry about a foggy scratched screen down the road.

You will probably look at it as much as you will in the backbox. Never. In the middle just puts you right in the action, without having to really look away.

2 lit up column markers, vs an entire screen filled with information and much more immersive? Some things just seem like a no brainer.

#2681 8 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’ve owned the original Alien with the screen on the playfield and there’s no question it’s very cool and immersive BUT if the overall reliability of the game is better than the original, my vote is for the new and hopefully improved version of Alien. Hands down. Also I’m very excited they are going with the Williams style cabinet. Getting that all in one piece pinball glass off and back on was a pain in the ass.

Was the pin less reliable with the pf screen?

1 week later
#2748 8 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So the LV will have a screen in the playfield?

Update?

#2792 7 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I have bought 2 NIB Houdini and JPprem. Only had to wait a couple months on the JP. I was hoping to get the Alien this month but I understand delays are part of this hobby so not a big deal. I am waiting for TBL (9mos since deposit) and also a RAZA. I like what these companies are offering and love JJP machines unfortunately am not a fan of GNR otherwise I would have skipped the RAZA. Waiting and risk for me is tolerable, for now. But if American comes up with a great title I might have to start selling something lol.

You are a glutton for punishment.

#2794 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So without reading 55 pages of comments have they started shipping this game?

Not even close, and appears they are actually going backwards!

1 week later
#2897 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Haha weak ass

Must have just seen the original one, haha.

When, exactly did you see it, and what exactly did you see!

#2902 7 months ago

Ok well if i ever own an Alien, it will the the OG. That cab art looks cheap as hell..

#2923 7 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Playfield dimpling! Send it back. Any way you look at it, it's Alien for $8k. Yes, cheaper cabinet, and no side art. But...same basic layout and incredible music/sound and video package. I prefer my original, there is nothing like it, but am glad the remake is finally coming.

Ok yea thanks for the reminder. Gameplay over art for sure, I think i was just kinda shocked. Just goes to show you how bad ass the original pin is. The new pin will sell big time if PB gets it right.

#2974 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys crazy the cab artwork looks great . Better than the Led Zeppelin copy and paste each side technique

Umm, even cut and paste artwork is far better than what they showed on the cab. I could do better, and I can barely draw a stick figure!

#3014 7 months ago

An arcade in Mesa, AZ is supposed to be getting an Alien soon. The FB announcements shows the new Alien, but surely they arent getting a new? I said hope this isnt some sort of April fools joke(Like we are getting it April 1st or something) and he said no, April first is 2 weeks away. Not sure what that meant. Either way I hope its one of them. Come to find out there is a guy locally who has an Alien, but never plays it. Seems he more collects anything related to Alien or something. Has the Arcade games too. Oh well, his money. I just want to play Alien lol

#3037 7 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

That was me, and yes I personally do play it a lot. I was the creator of the mini beacon mods for it and many other environmental mods. I just dont let anyone else play it. Mike and Steve at Starfighters wanted my standard Alien Pin but they did not want to put a pin this rare on route at the going cost they sell for. When I have parties, my LE is off and not playable to anyone besides myself and family given my history with it and how much I lost over the whole ordeal.....I dont want kids or others (not knowing what it is), slapping it around. When its something thats not theirs....people can care less about it. Kids are innocent, but parents dont parent them and just let them be as they're putting approx 20,000 flips per ball on my coils. So off it goes for others. These are investments as well as toys, and I've spent well over 3x the pins price on it from loosing all my money with Heighway, so I tend to baby it a bit more. Same goes for Big Lebowski. The rest of my arcade and pins are always on.

So Starfighters isnt getting an Alien, since the deal fell through?

#3049 7 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

The deal on my original standard fell through with them, they were talking about getting one of the new Alien remake pins. Which isnt happening either, because they arent even made yet and I am pretty sure its Melissa at Cointaker doing what she does best as always....which is Lie to their customers and making false and fake promises just like she did during the initial fiasco. But thats just my speculation........

Hopefully she didnt tell Starfighters "Soon" or hope they didnt interpret soon being 2 weeks..

1 week later
#3136 6 months ago

They are?
Wouldn't PB show some pics of finished pins, then boxed and ready to go? All we have is what a 2min video of one pin sent to Coin taker. Come on man. U see this is the problem with these guys taking deposits, including Cointaker, lots of eager folk waiting for their Alien and distributors who want to make a sale, possibly with the thousands in the bank right now that they would rather keep, so what do u get? "on their way".
No one should have taken deposits yet and more so no one should have put them down, refundable or not. Its only gonna cause trouble. AS per usual, boy I hope I'm wrong.

If these buyers are putting down deposits, thats their problem. Some people, or communities, never learn. Why put down a deposit until you see proof this is actually going to happen.

Isnt there a saying about a sucker is born every minute, or a fool and his money is soon parted?

Good luck all, but I just dont understand how people do this over and over. Buy a game when you see them boxed up and ready to go. What a concept.

#3138 6 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yeah I agree with you! I rather spend 1k more for a machine in hand then get an email that your money is lost... like with heighway pinball at the time. I own a last run Alien LE and man I’m in love with this game. It works perfect and when I just seen that hideous new alien pin I’m so glad I have this!

Thing is, its hard to comment on the actual pin itself, because nobody has seen it! Yet people cant wait to out deposits down on something, that nobody has seen yet!! Insane..

#3155 6 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Do you think its possible that PB and CT don't pay attention to this thread and are just going about their business? Is it possible that PB isn't interested in more videos and marketing until they have a solid functioning product? Is it possible that many on here are just bored and need more to chat and banter about? I keep coming back because I see the activity and am curious. Yet, more speculation, frustration, even anger. Occasional pics of rad cakes and awesome wall art... So there is that. I have a feeling I will have waited longer for my Rick and Morty when all is said and done (well over a year), but we shall see.

No. Lots of of choices out there and not everyone can buy every pin. PB started with the vids and pics, then stop? Seems a fledgling company would want to keep interest high? What ever happened to the 2 pins shipped a couple of months ago?

Also, you knew you would get R&M. (Brilliant game btw).

#3156 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Deeproot thread says Hold my beer.

DR will most likely own that record for many years lol.

2 weeks later
#3318 6 months ago

LOL, I remember when the OG first pictures came out, people complained the ⁰l
playfield screens would be a big mistake.
I won't miss the playfield screen. I played it and It was convenient but redundant. Not necessary. Glad I'm not paying for it on this version.

But, what if they changed it? If they are adding content, why not make better use of the PF screen. The audio is already good to go, adding video assets to match will take this pin to the next level.

#3359 6 months ago
Quoted from facelift:

I do need a break from a lot of the morons on the internet. Good suggestion. I guess I don't need to state the obvious with you saying "brah"

If the word brah is so painful, I cant imagine how you would react when a real problem came around. Try not to take yourself, and life, so seriously.

#3406 6 months ago

This is my main concern with this pin. Its the reason, while very difficult, that I'm gonna give at least a year.

Of course u think that, that's easier than the reality.
I've never been culled. I've culled before due to the "Cable Guy effect" but the main circle of friends I have would never say Brah or wear sandals and feel the same way I do. The only reason u think this is strange and out of place is because most people would never verbalize it.

What if you called them flip flops, would that help?

#3408 6 months ago

Nope, in fact much worse.

Convertable shoes?

#3411 6 months ago

How about Fruity Foot wear? no wait. Shit shoes.

We dont like smelly feet in AZ. Let those puppies breathe!

#3437 6 months ago

Why are listening to out of shape losers? I know everyone doesn't think like me, most don't. "my way or the highway" where do u get that. Let me take a guess, the out of shape line, as ridiculous as it is would lend me to believe ex athelete who maybe still plays in old timer leagues, baseball hat, hockey jersey, shorts with flip flops and lots of "Dude. Now go home and get ur fucking Flip Flop shine box.

U see what's happening here. Whos saying u cant take ur shoes off? All I've said is sandals/flipflops on a man look ridiculous and they do. Somehow u guys want to justify it, if ur so comfortable with it then what do u care what I think? Cause its been brought to ur attention, for the first time maybe in ur life that its hideous.

I look at dudes at the beach, or out on a hot day, wearing tennis shoes and think they are ridiculous. Why do that to yourself!

And for sure they have smelly ass feet!

#3611 6 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Where'd crazylevi go?
I think he's supposed to get a tattoo of Odin on his butt too...

Hes a sjw. Hit and run, he wont respond.

2 months later
#3963 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Mine is unplayable as most of the switches on the right side of the playfield are not registering. They are suppose to send me a replacement I/O board #6 to which they are out of stock until next week. I’m pretty disappointed to say the least but what can ya do.

Not get FOMO?

1 week later
#3994 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was really thinking more about game-specific or manufacturer specific parts for games. With Spooky I believe it's all, or almost all P3ROC from an electronics standpoint so that's not going to be an issue. I haven't seen a deep-dive on the electronics on the PB Alien just yet but like I said, I'm taking just sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting to see if I want to take the risk later or not. I love the theme and think it's integrated exceptionaly well.

As well as the new Pinataur boards, no parts issues there...

2 weeks later
#4017 89 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Im leaning toward a rework by the sub and the next delivery (of machines) will include upgraded switches.

Is this a hope, or something you heard?

#4019 89 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Hope.
Given what I know about industry and FAR Part 10 of pinball…that is my guess as to why no one has heard anything.
Was an Alien in Allentown, PA this weekend?

Ok

Hopefully.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside