20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2039 3 years ago

I just listened to the podcast a couple of days ago, so I’m somewhat behind the curve but I thought that I could maybe offer a point of view regarding this machine being assembled in Italy. I work in an industry that draws some similarities, as many of my vendors are domestic manufacturers/assemblers. But they also source some finished product (as well as subassemblies) from Italy to complement their offering. The level of quality is quite good, and the cost is lower than if the pieces were produced in USA. I’m not familiar with Pedretti but there is an Italian company called Industrias Lorenzo who make joysticks and buttons that are a clone of the Suzo Happ stuff.
I feel that having the machines produced in Italy is a smart move by PB from both a cost and quality standpoint. Really in my opinion the only concern is that they haven’t assembled a complete machine. From the sounds of it they are just a manufacturer of components, so the learning curve may come with the actual assembly of all the components on a line. Given the current market with every manufacturer in the USA backlogged with orders, I think this was the best that a potential buyer could hope for. Labor in Italy is lower in cost and the people in general take pride in their work, and logistics/shipping is readily available. So I think that once the line is up and running, machines should ship with regularity.
That is, until summer holiday rolls around...those folks pretty much shut down the country for 8, 10 or even 12 weeks during the summer.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm just catching up on this news today and I really hope PB can pull this off. I was so close when the original was announced to buying one even though I would have had to put it on a credit card. I was even sold on the modular system. Lack of liquid money prevailed so I was out. I would love to own one of these new ones some day. Having W/B compenants is a big improvement in my mind.

If PB can see this thing all the way to the finish line, I think they could do well with their first title. Lots of fans of the movies out there, as well as nostalgia of 80s/90s pop culture. So then it becomes a matter of keeping pace with demand, which as we know has been a challenge for even the largest of manufacturers. Hopefully they can ramp up quickly and keep enough people happy to keep things moving along into a second title. I know that many folks were burned in the first generation and it’s tough to let go or have faith. I myself have lost NIB pinball machine levels of money when I put faith in someone to deliver a product to me, so I know what it’s like. It’s the worst feeling to realize that you’ve basically given away money to someone with absolutely zero to show for it. It’s awful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=MasterBlaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.