20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep that’s me!
Timing was off but thats ok.
The Alien invasion is coming soon
Yes pinball is hard.

So when are these Aliens invading?? Any updates

3 months later
#879 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Are they teasing us or will this see the light of day (soon)?
[quoted image]

Might have to start making some room for another pin

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Are they trolling us?

LMAO

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quit talking and start chalking. No one should care until we see games roll off an assembly line. I mean, if there's one lesson to learn from deerpoot...

Couldn't agree more. They've got to prove themselves, show some credibility and long term commitment ... hopefully they've learnt from their previous attempt and equally I hope potential buyers have learnt and proceed cautiously.

Does someone have any info on this? I haven't been paying close attention to anything pinball the last year or so. GNR release caught my attention briefly. I thought Alien pinball was dead in the water.

Looks like just teasing (aka generating some interest in the market), so who knows what's planned (if anything) ...

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wish they werent dropping the LCD though.

Yep I'm with you, especially liked it for the motion tracker - makes more sense being on the PF.

Anyway I'm really excited that this might get up, as it is a grail theme for me - I really liked what the development team had created, the code, integration of the movie clips and callouts, great sound package all just came together. Look forward to seeing what they come out with.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Even if this new company has the rights to the Alien pinball design, what are the chances they still have the license? Aren't those usually limited in time?
What if you all get the same game with every trademarked element removed?

Licenses are normally for a specific time however they can request/pay for license extensions, which is quite common.

#981 3 years ago

That's pretty cool - although there doesn't seem to be much room for the top of the vuk and still let the ball come in from the side

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

this is then a second magnet at the chestburster shot? Then what was posted before makes it 3 magnets?

Yes I couldn't make sense of the 2nd magnet in that previous posted image ...

#1090 3 years ago

I really liked the embedded LCD in the PF and thought it was well integrated especially as the motion tracker but based on the pics, the weapon status is replacing LCD screen which I think will detract from the immersion into the theme. I realise that it'd reduce various issues of leveling the LCD and chipping of the PF edges, as well as lowing the overall cost of components, but think it's really lost something .... most disappointing.

#1114 3 years ago

Given the current 25% tariff being imposed in Europe for pinball machines made in the US, there might be even more demand in Europe for this game if PB can get it right.

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not a bad idea, what’s the best way you could follow up on Alien as a licence, Predator!
Get a Predator game out the door to follow up Alien (tonne of people wanted and probably still want a “good” predator game) and you would gain some kudos for that one.
After that might as well make a new Terminator pin with T1 & T2 together like Alien/s for the holy 80s/90s trinity!

Alien, Terminator and Predator are my dream themes - they're just killer themes

T2 was my first pin and was locking in an Alien deal when it all went pear shaped. I'm not going to be rushing in but I'm am following with interest, same goes if someone announced they were doing a Predator pin

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Add Robocop and Road Warrior for me but yeah. I just wish it was Stern or JJP or American, even Spooky. I would love a Terminator '84 dedicated pin. Its just such a shame we get such crap with these kinds of great themes around and then who ends up getting them, start ups. Why? WTF Stern, I mean TMNT? JJP and Wonka? American and Hot Wheels? where's Predator, U fuckfaces U.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I have a couple of European (built) games now. The quality is through the roof on both. I’d bet Pinball Brothers will do a great job.
[quoted image]

Great looking pin - let's hope Alien 2.0 is just as cool

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Plenty of changes under the apron, probably a good thing...

Looks like the flipper mechs are being changed as well - hopefully the use of off the shelf WMS mechs will get the overall costs down and also mean easier to source parts for maintenance

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pinball Brothers has a massive hurdle to jump, I hope they do and I hope many of u send them money to make it happen, I'm not. Until its over here and I can play one and buy it on the spot its not happening.

Based on what they've posted, it looks like that's their plan ... we'll just have to wait & see how it pans out

Alien (resized).JPGAlien (resized).JPG
#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So who would most likely be the Australian distributor?

Wayne was the Heighway disti, so a fair chance he'd be the PB disti ... but guess we'll find out

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had one of the last LE's from Wayne in Australia.
One adjustment of the Alien head stepper motor. That's it. It's been perfect and one of the best pins i own and last one i'd sell.
I'm so glad i never sold my original Alien LE on the news i knew about 2 years ago.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I also received one of the last LE's from Wayne in Australia. It's been very solid. The only issues I've had were bounce backs into the ball trough and straight down the middle ejects from the air lock. Both issues were solved by properly leveling the game.
I did have both face hugger tails (on the slings) break off two weeks ago. Both broke off within an hour of each other. Other then that, I've literally had no issues with this game. It's been surprisingly solid and more reliable then my Big Lebowski.
QSS

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes my Wayne purchase was also solid. Only thing that really needed adjusting was the xenomorph head, the bolts were too tight causing it to seize. Then the rest was all about leveling. Once that was done, it has been pretty bullet proof.

Man, now I'm wishing I picked up one of Wayne's (he's just down the road) before he shipped them over to you guys ...

Anyway to good to hear that batch was pretty solid

#1334 3 years ago

Was there issues with the original ramps or shot geometry? Just wondering why they would have redesigned them, or maybe it was simply manufacturing costs

#1729 3 years ago

Just starting to listen to podcast, but was there any mention of how many LE's they're looking to make?

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

any updates for the people that lost money on the heighway fiasco?

PB have announced that people who pre-ordered with Heighway, and didn't receive their game, can apply for a 50% off voucher which can be used at any of the PB distributors before 12/2023.

Here's the details

PB Voucher (resized).JPGPB Voucher (resized).JPG
#1949 3 years ago

In the podcast, PB mentioned using common components and I noticed the new PF has flipper bat shaft holes (as opposed to the original having a hole for the entire flipper bat), so given Pedretti is a licensed manufacturer for B/W parts, I'm assuming it'll have WMS flipper mechs and I'm guessing WMS coils throughout.

What other parts are likely to be swapped out for WMS components?

#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I want to play this one bad, when is it releasing?

In the podcast, they said that Pedretti has been acquiring parts and setting up for production but games haven't started to be manufactured yet - Cointaker have filled their spots for Q1 2021 which I think was 65 pins (possibly 1 container??) so guessing late Feb/Mar timeframe. But we may see some machines pop up locally in Europe earlier than this for testing and promos

Edit: just re-listening to the podcast and they do state that they'd like to have Cointaker showing off some games in early January

#2025 3 years ago

Was it just me or did the Pinball Brothers sound very humble and down to earth during the interview. They explained their reasons for doing what they did very clearly and didn't sound like a salesman.

I agree and they also showed considerable understanding and knowledge of, not only their machine, but pinball machines in general - also one of the guys is an operator so having that insight will only benefit what they design & build of machines (for example how they've changed from the original larger PCB under the PF to smaller boards making the machine more easily serviceable.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Did anybody ever come out with an inner jaw mod for the xenomorph? I am not a fan of cosmetic mods in general, but the “magnet on a stick” is screaming for something like this and I’d gladly pay for it on my SE.

This is razorsedge upgraded tongue. Note that PB are improving the gearing but agree that we need something like this (assuming PB change the inner mouth)

Tongue2 (resized).jpgTongue2 (resized).jpg
#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Sort of...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/562#post-6016076
PB need to modify the nylon body. I had to take some out of it so there was room on the top half.

It's a great mod mate - clearly showing your skills

I was surprised how malleable the metal was for getting the bend on the inner teeth given how small this is. Certainly would be keen to get this mod on a new Alien if possible

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

My Alien Star is still running just fine on a 37 year old obsolete computer...

Starting to see a bit of an alien fascination here mate ...

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

“Are you ready to get it on!”

“We’re in the pipe; five by five”

#2143 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

"They mostly come at night ... ... mostly"

“What do you mean, ‘They cut the power’?”

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

"We're on an express elevator to hell .... Goin' Down!!" <he says with a massive grin> lol

“You always were an asshole, Gorman.”

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

“Are you ready to get it on!”

“Come on, Spunkmeyer, we’re rolling.”

God I love this movie - so many great lines

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

If you do it, please video it post it for our amusement and our childish comments.
QSS

“You secure that shit, Hudson!”

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Uhh ohh, you repeated a quote; "Game Over Man!"

“Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs!”

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Is the playfield screen worth $2,000? Ill let you know; but my guess is not after the game is learned. [quoted image]

In the OG Alien the embedded PF LCD shows the same information as the Backbox LCD, so with the new Alien you'll just need to look at the backbox instead. Also PB have replaced the embedded PF with the weapon status inserts, so your weapon status is still on the PF and you won't need to look at the backbox LCD for it. So functionality wise you're not missing out on anything however I visually liked the embedded LCD and it's integration as the motion tracker - is it worth $2,000 ... well have to wait and see what's in the LV

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watch 'Alien' for the first time in 20 years. I am impressed with the atmosphere (like Blade Runner). My only gripe was that the cyborg, how could it be so lifelike that no one could tell (I prefer 'Data' from STTNG) and the computers are a bit primitive for setting 100 years in the future.

Yes the computers were more mainframe-like, while Bishop (cyborg) was very human.

At the time when Alien was being made there were proprietary minicomputers like the Digital PDP-11 but it was still several years before even the first commercial UNIX system was released (HP-UX in 1982) and the IT explosion that followed. It is interesting comparing the tech depicted between Alien (1979) and Blade Runner (1982) as it really shows how things had changed within a few years

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

...always scared the legs are going to break off.

You or the machine??

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let’s hope Deep Root post some photos of games being assembled this week. That would be cool!

Did you mean Pedretti Gaming ??

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That was my thought, they currently have leftover parts from highway.. Good chance prices can go up later ordering new parts and that will justify it, especially with the LV. And will the new parts be as good?

I wonder how many parts are going to be in common with the original, clearly some parts but it's a different cab and artwork, different PF, uses B/W mechs, at least some different boards, they've redesigned the left ramp ...

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It is exceptionally good, among the best I've ever heard. Not sure if they are using the same system but if so, it will be amazing. David Thiel even weighed in on how to fine tune the amplifier:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/503#post-5146963

Thanks for posting that link - hope they use the same set up or if not get David to work out the best settings on the new system for optimal audio

1 week later
#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I wonder if we have an Australian distributor?

It's Wayne

https://mrpinball.com.au/pinball-machines/new/alien

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nahh, i prefer EU company so we are sure have no pooling issues

And no tariffs for you guys

1 week later
#2517 3 years ago

Are they referring to the lighted posts??

1 week later
#2626 3 years ago

It shows the sentry gun inserts lit - I wonder if they're always white

Alien Sentry Guns (resized).JPGAlien Sentry Guns (resized).JPG
#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Nice to see a real machine playing. Not a bad thing that PB wants more time to squash the production bugs.
As for the sentry guns..not sure what that adds to gameplay but I would rather have a playfield screen.

Me too ...

2 weeks later
#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

you realize the rest of the entire world - including Italy - calls pinball "Flipper."

No we don't

1 week later
#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is no ETA on an LV for this. They can barely get standards going. Love when people ask as if it’s a legit question and then others actually provide a response. Haha
Here’s the deal - standards are the only thing we know are coming and those have been delayed. LV is expected but no timing although if I had to throw an estimate out, Q4.
Now let’s get standards in!

Apparently the first machine has arrived as part of a shipping test - I guess testing the way they pallet and box a machine holds up to international shipping is a good thing

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/11#post-6181687

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder how the licensing worked since it changed over to Disney since it was first licensed? I can't imagine that was cheap.

Most likely there'd be extension clauses in the original contract, which PB would have simply leveraged and Disney would need to honour those terms

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How the heck can u guys see dimpling on the playfield with this video ?? U have some sort of magic eyeballs ?

I had to take a second look myself to spot anything ...

PB Alien (resized).JPGPB Alien (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

[quoted image]

LMAO nice one mate!

Reminds me of my son's birthday cake

20170611_115953 (resized).jpg20170611_115953 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Excited to know about the upcoming LV features. Guessing 3-6 months from now for a list of those features ? With delivery date around December ?

Yes last I read (I think it was from TWIP) they said the LV would be announced in the summer time. Assuming the production line is in full swing by then, I’d like to think we’d see them later in the year.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

On the Ohio Brewfest thread there are a few reviews from people the played the first prototype that arrived in the states. Mostly very positive until a flipper mech broke.

Interesting that the flipper mech broke as I thought they'd moved to using B/W mechs ... so wondering what actually broke as they're typically pretty reliable (especially given it's band new)

1 week later
#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I thought Dennis Nordman did most of the design on Alien. Is he talking about the modifications on the remake?

From what I recall, I thought Nordman did the original Alien design but this was changed a fair bit by Dave and the Heighway team

Edit: Here's a link https://www.pinballnews.com/news/nordmanheighway.html if interested

1 week later
#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Thanks for your comments. Do you have a link to that OG Alien thread, and what does 'OG' stand for?
The music/sounds in the Heighway Alien seem excellent from the You Tube vids I've seen so far... is it the plan for PB to copy the sound package does anyone know?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread

OG = original

The music and video clips are all the same between the OG Heighway Alien and the PB versions - the gameplay is very similar but there are a few differences (physical ball lock, additional PF magnet and secret passage from the orbit into the airlock in the PB machine)

#3768 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So all the loop and ramp switches are proximity switches then? How do these things work. Why not optos or regular switches I wonder?

Proximity switch senses the metal ball - Alien uses inductor based sensors that detect the ball through changes in the inductors magnetic field. TZ, STTNG, ToM, Scared Stiff and Road Show all have inductor based proximity switches in a few places. Alternatively you could use a Magnetic Reed Switch to sense the ball - there are aftermarket switch mods to replace standard micro switches with MRS on certain machines, such as the whirlpool on CFTBL and one of the wire forms on The Shadow.

Proximity switches don't have any moving parts like a micro-switch and probably have higher reliability compared to optos. The early proximity switches required adjusting a pot to manually calibrate the switch however modern circuits have auto calibration features that automatically adjust the detector circuit.

#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is there another official thread for this pin? I had been led to believe some people in the States had received theirs now, but there have been no updates on here? Were there NDAs in the box?

Yes there is another thread - start reading from here (when people started receiving their machines) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/14#post-6262080

#3785 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

So much french chatter. Has anybody figured out how to translate the video? Looks interesting.

Yes great video - my son's learning French at school, so might have to see if he can help translate it for me (some quality father-son time )

#3787 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Going to need a cliffy though in that mode start scoop unless PB put some protection there already. The OG one got torn up without it.

One of the guys that received their PB Alien mentioned in the other thread that there was added PF protection at both the start mode and magnet, so hopefully they've got that covered.

2 weeks later
#3846 2 years ago

In the other thread it has the container size as 20ft, so 22 machines is about right. I suspect that the latest round of invoices is for the second container and the shipping date is when the container leaves the factory bound for the US.

3 weeks later
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I paid in full 4/26. Have not rec'd an email.

I think you might be in the second container but I've not seen when that one is due to arrive

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Hi Manny,
Have you ordered an Alien MC and did you order it from the authorised distributor here in Melbourne AU. If so what month did you give your deposit to him?
I was told I was allocated in January and paid my deposit in Feb. I rang distributor in May but still nothing on delivery yet.

I'm down for a LV so just patiently waiting and watching from the sidelines

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is sitting at CT after all!! May try and drive up to get since there is a pallet issue.

If I was closer, I'd drive up to get it for you

#3916 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone know when the LV versions are scheduled to be made? How many are they planning to make?

Supposed to be announced mid-year (probably late summer) and expect shipping later in the year. Believe they've said no more that 500 LV's - the actual number will probably be confirmed in the announcement.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I keep the videos on Twitch for 60 days and I also back up the stream to my YouTube channel under HurryUpPinball. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How well does sliding the PF out and in work? When you slide the PF forward to stand it upright, does it lock into the position or do you just need to hold it forward as you stand the PF up? If you could post a few pics of the slide mech, that'd be great. Thanks

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Anyone hear when the next container ofPB Alien Std Editions are shipping out! Heard I would be on next one and trying to gauge timing.

There hasn't been any mention on the threads as to the ETA of the next container. For the first container Lethal_Inc got a copy of the shipping document from Melissa at CT which has the ship name the container is on as well as the planned arrival date in the US. From there ppl were able to track the boat on https://www.vesselfinder.com - think it arrived a few days after the arrival date listed on the shipping document. So maybe worth asking Melissa.

Hope this helps

2 weeks later
#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was so excited to see an Alian at the arcade tonight and was excited to play it. I put a dollar in and it asked me to select a story. Nothing.
Then it finally says to launch the ball and it never gave me one. Nothing
I stood there and watched this thing robb me by adding 1100 points out of no where and a ball every minute. After 3 minutes I spent a dollar and got ..nothing. Strangest thing I have ever seen a pin do. The only thing I can review is the flipper buttons seemed to be very clicky and cheap but maybe it had something to do with the problem?

Which make of Alien was it - Heighway (with the embedded LCD in the middle of the PF) or Pinball Brothers (no LCD in the PF)?

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The only issue I had last night that caused my game to become unplayable is the ball pops up and gets stuck sitting on top of the upper right flipper in rare cases. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was your solution? I reported it to PB, but not sure what the best fix for this is yet. It seems that some additional part is necessary to prevent it from getting stuck in there.

You could try putting an clear or black adhesive bumper dot (https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Adhesive-Bumper-Dots-Pads/dp/B07P79M7QS) on the top of the flipper - even as a temporary fix until PB have a solution.

2 weeks later
#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got Gen 2 stand up targets. Good thing...they don't stick. Bad....3 out of 5 don't register.
These need a rework.

Hopefully the gen3 switches that are being developed will address these issues - I wonder whether it'll be a move to leaf switches or another re-work of the Gen1/Gen2 design

2 months later
#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question or not. Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

While owners do frequent this thread, you might also want to ask in the owners club thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.