20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trouble in paradise?!?

Who coulda seen that coming?

No worries I’m sure everything will work out in this Italian pinball factory.

Yep. I hate to say it but this is very far from happening and just because certain distributors decided to start taking deposits doesn't make it any more viable. The main one in Toronto won't get near this right now, they weren't even in with Heighway and that company had a game out with Alien on the horizon. I hope it works out but....

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Bump in the road, everybody grab a haterade!

I don't think its hate. Lets be honest about this though. An overseas company with the Heighway assets and no prior game releases using an Italian unknown pinball manufacturer with no income outside of I'm assuming some local investors? Please explain how people can't be anything but highly skeptical?

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Any new company is fucked either way with you people.

B3F-vjvCIAAc2Av (resized).pngB3F-vjvCIAAc2Av (resized).png
#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure where that racist and derogatory comment is stemming

Racist?

Take it easy. I think its more a case that not too many of us own pins that aren't American made and the ones that have come from over seas aren't exactly "winners" in the longevity department.

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

t‘s usually the Italian carmakers

I'll take a Caddy over any of that Eurotrash all day, every day.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The answers from you guys that it's the distributor, not PB, who asks deposits comes down to the same thing; you can only buy it through a distributor.

It is the distributor and its people who want to secure their position putting down a deposit. What if it comes out that they are only producing 500. They might get to 100 and the whole thing dies. Well u have ur game and more so if u want to back out then u can. Is it ridiculous? To me, Yes but I'm highly jaded after being in on Alien the first time and Predator and seeing everything else that can go wrong with new companies in this business so I just don't see it happening, but Man I hope it does.

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is even better list with Aliens #9 and Alien #2.

It has some great films but most of them stink and have no business in a Sci Fi movie list let alone top 50 then again as we all know via pinside top 100 and mostly all other ratings, they suck.

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd swear this guy works for stern.... Dude, your peace of shit LZLE sucked! Tell Gary to stop fucking with us with this junk!..

No more Yacht money... it's trending! "GME MEETS STERN". Love it! Fuck the bean counters! Stop buying Stern!!!

Yeah Gary please, that's enough.
What r u talking about? Ever played JP, Maiden, DP, TWD, GB, Met, TMNT the list is long sir in terms of solid, vey fun to play Stern pins so where r u getting "Fucked with Junk" I have to say if ur statement held any water what so ever Stern would not be the top manufacturer of pinball machines. Some good some bad, that's life. Good day to u sir......................I said good day.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL @ "peace of shit."

This guy is operating on a 2nd grade literacy level. My post didn't even mention Stern. Are you drunk?

I enjoyed the "yacht money" and "Bean Counters" reference. Cause u know those other companies usually take a loss and have no interest in maximum profit.
Just like B/W who weathered the storm and really held on to insure their loyal customers/pinball enthusiasts were taken care of.

1 week later
#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Why am I getting the impression that owners of the original Alien are getting pretty nervous and testy about their games value right now?

Because they are. personally I wouldn't buy an original unless it was cheap. Not enough out there and I don't want to search for stuff when something breaks. Still hoping this happens but I'm doubtful.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

Although you may absolutely be right, What else could be changed out to charge the extra 2267 in price from an SE?

Well if we know nothing else in this hobby it doesn't have to be much to make the jump from SE to and LE. The limited aspect plays a big part, beacons, speakers, maybe a topper. Different art and armor. I don't care about the PF screen. SE for me.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Umm..nothing breaks, if it does its no harder finding the part then searching google for it, and there is nothing wrong with the originals.

I never said there was anything wrong with them, just for me personally I wouldn't buy one. I'm glad urs and possibly all the others are iron clad. I don't want 1 of 100, that applies to this new edition as well. Still wish Stern or CGC was building them. I just don't trust these overseas manufacturers, not one has worked out in last 20 years. Not to say some American ones haven't failed cause they have so really any new start up and I'm skeptical.

1 week later
#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:2 lit up column markers, vs an entire screen filled with information and much more immersive? Some things just seem like a no brainer.

Of course its a no brainer that the screen is more immersive and a better overall option. I just couldn't care less that's its gone at all. If this actually happens and I get the theme, the layout, the code and music/FX I'm happy as a pig in shit. To be honest even if the SV has a center screen and beacons, all that stuff I'm still going SE.

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

I have faith in the PB will deliver and deliver a good product.

I wish I did.

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

From podcasts and what i understand, PB paid out those that lost money when they where not obligated to do so.... Correct me if im wrong here. Secondly most of them are IT guys and passionate about pinball. I put money down that is refundable if a game is not produced, game is there, they are ironing out the bugs as im guessing the code would need to be ported and some re written, not to mention it cant be an easy startup. Praying to the pinball gods here.

Me 2. Believe me a better theme in pinball does not exist for my taste. At least not yet. A sabbath pin or better yet Slayer, maybe Road Warrior a new Robocop, Terminator 84' Blade runner there are plenty that match it in my dream theme category but that hasn't happened, u know we get? TMNT, GnR, STh, Pirates and superheros in other words.......CRAP

I'm in.

1 week later
#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Who the heck is lamburg?

I don't know but he really hates LZ.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks Man. Yeah I actually workout a lot at least couple times a week I even do 2 hours , 1 hour weights and 1 hour cardio . It sucks , it used to make me feel great now it all hurts and I feel sick and weak for 2-3 days after

Eat healthy and walk. No need for cardio and all that. I stopped eating crap not because of expanding waistband but just cause at close to 50 u feel like shit and I go walking, first off I love it, best thing you can do in my opinion, for mind and body. I'm happiest walking early in the morning with my little radio and some good classical. Its just amazing. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yes need Alien news. Sorry just being honest, I don’t really care about your birthdays or anything about your personal life

Yeah well when there is some news we will all get it but its not pinsides fault that its been crickets for how long now? outside of the 20 sec video clip. This was bound to happen and its gonna get worse, or better depending on topic. I mean yeah testosterone is pushing it. Still I'd rather discuss health than nothing at all. Or we can go over whether or not the LV will have a god damn screen in the middle of the PF for 1000th time.

#2751 3 years ago

I'm not a comic book guy but I saw on you tube that Marvel is releasing Alien comic book series. Perhaps Stern will pick this up in a year or so and I will finally get an Alien pin. No problem with comic art and original story Alien pin. As long as I get it. I mean unless this happens.

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not want a Prometheus/Covenant pin!!!

I do. Prometheus was a great film and Covenant wasn't very good but still a good pin theme. Better than most of the ones we get. Anything is better than Band and Superhero crap.

#2812 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Melissa said their Alien pins were held up for whatever reason.

She said they will stream video next week.

I was told they are receiving 4 or 5 more pins air freight next week and those will go out to customers. Then the week after a few more via air freight to go out to customers. Then from there it will be containers.

I'd like to believe this and I hope I'm very wrong but not gonna happen. Why wouldn't PB have posted we have begun shipping? Who got a call that their Alien should be here this month? I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but like Nitro up here in the GWNorth they jump on anything they can to sell, and why not. Just saying the biggest seller of games in Canada will not get anywhere near this yet and they never did with og Alien either. When then say they are getting PB Alien I'm in. For now I'll wait in the wings.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Goodbye then ...

This thread is the wings, Jackass.

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

then you read that they're incomplete, mainly with code and people complain they are barely playable sometimes.

That's kinda ancient history now sir. I can't remember the last Stern that was "barely playable" due to code. JJP has always been slow out of the gate. Its a good thing that this time around the deposits are with the distributors and no game means no loss of money but whats interesting to me is someone would even want 1 of possibly only a handful of games like the OG Alien then it dies. Hey I'm glad they are out there cause its the only way this thing is gonna happen.

1 week later
#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

She said they will stream video next week.

#2981 3 years ago

Cabinet art and some dimples? Who gives a shit. The main concern is seeing these shipping in bulk. That's what worries me. I'll buy when I see at least 100 out in the wild, no make that 300.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The lit sides were nice, but not a 'must have'.

For me, not even a want really. I don't know how u guys have ur pins set up but the side art on mine could be simple blackness and I would rarely notice. Lets get them shipping and proven solid then gripe about side art and all other the shit. Just saying.

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You are LordHummungus, get yourself one asap!

I do want one but I don't want 1 of 100 then the whole thing goes tits up like the OG. I'll wait till its a sure thing. I'm in no rush and to be honest after all the shit with the first one its not the same. Its nothing new really. If Godzilla looks good then that will be my purchase this year. I can wait till 2022 to pick up an Alien.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I have a deposit down with cointaker. I plan to sell 1 of my 4 pins when Alien is ready. Question is- do i have time to sell one of my pins now (or trade), sneak in 2-3 months on the new pin, then turn around and sell it in time for "Q2 delivery/shipping" of Alien? When do we think the thing will actually ship? (I am in the Q2 not the Q1 group....). Thoughts?

I think u have lots of time for that. Best part is, if I'm wrong u win and if I'm right? u still win.

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:Compared to Guns n Roses, Stern needs some marketing lessons. Pinball companies have been historically terrible at marketing their products, they let the company owner or one or two old guys with little experience in modern marketing run their marketing campaign. Pinball shows as well. It finally feels now like that game is changing and some companies realize that a good investment in marketing, advertising and promotion will help them sell 1000s more games. As someone that does promotions and marketing, I cringe at how bad pinball companies are at this stuff.

Everyone who might actually buy a pinball machine needs next to zero persuasion in the way of marketing. If they thought great marketing would expand sales then they would do that. Its the same old farts buying these games for the home and route. That's it. U might get a SW freak who grabs the game even though hes not a pinhead, same for some music pins etc. The core however that keeps it alive is here, its us. How much more marketing do u need?

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

It’s because of poor (or no) marketing that pinball is not expanding beyond the same base that’s existed for 30-50 years already.

No its not.

Why is it so hard for some pinsiders to accept how small and limited to a niche group this hobby is. Young people have no idea about arcades and don't care about this at all. They play video games and multi player online games. Its a nice thought but ur delusional if u think great marketing is gonna expand pinball. The only reason its so hot right now is us arcade old timers are in a position to buy 5 to 15 000 boxes of lights and toys. Come on man.

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

So right out of the gate the public perception is pins are expensive.

They are.

Ur sons friend seems highly confused if u ask me. Most people are very suprised at how much these things cost and usually any thought of owning dies with even the lowest priced NIB.

Quoted from gdonovan:

It's a niche hobby and I'm fine with that.

Why wouldn't u be? I'm glad its a niche hobby. The masses would only ruin it. I don't think we would see the greatness of modern code if the main market wasn't home buyers now as apposed to arcades and routed pins. Its a perfect time and I'm happy to be part of it lets just stay grounded in what it is, thats all I'm saying. Then again I don't particularly care.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are completely out of touch if you believe this. I've been to enough barcades to know that the younger people do indeed play pinball. The issue is, they probably can't afford to own them.

I never said they don't play pinball, but its thriving due to home buyers and sorry kind sir but the 20 something's at 40 something aren't buying games. Does it really matter? Personally I don't care if pinball goes once I'm done.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Maybe this is a regional thing, but here in Seattle there are plenty of pinball collectors in their 30s and 40s. Lotsa younger people with tech jobs and disposable income that have gotten into pinball through barcades and the tournament scene then bought a bunch of new Sterns. They aren't on Pinside and take a while to show up in the collector scene, but there are plenty of them.

Ok. I knew that. I'm mid 40's and know a few mid 30's guys with pins, but "plenty" is probably a stretch. Here's the main thing. Who cares. As long as they are makin em and I can buy them I don't give a shit if Gen Z buys pins or not.

I just want an Alien so I hope this works out. Its looking like Godzilla is next from Stern thats my 2021 pin. I'm gonna wait on this till next year, if its still around and doing well, beautiful. I'm in.

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've bought games off people 20 years younger than me...so you'd be wrong - and I'm 45

Listen I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I don't believe its gonna be enough to keep it going down the road. Maybe. Again immaterial to my current situation when it comes to pinball and that's not gonna change. As for marketing expanding the hobby, does it really matter. We are getting new games almost constantly now. There are what 4 reliable manufacturers. The option of 4 to 5 new pins a year to choose from, give or take. Not to mention for me the best pinball machines that have ever been. Man JP is a god damn marvel. Some people seem overwhelmed by GnR, not me but some people. I guess what I'm saying is..............who cares. If it all dies tomorow theres more than enough out there to keep us all fat and giggly.

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

OK to take that narrow view? Bit like the old indian saying.It will be only after the last tree is cut down,and last river poisoned,and the last pinball is made,then and only then some will realise than one cannot eat money,or be selfish enough to not care.

Take it easy. Its pinball. U see this is the problem. Its fine to love pinball but some of u guys take it a little too far. The pinball shirts and conventions and all that shit, I mean award shows? Take it easy. It dies with us, embrace it. ur kid or kids might love pinball, u know why? cause u have them around. its a very very very small part of the culture kind sirs. Yeah everyone loves to play my pins but not one over 12 yrs now went out and picked one up as a result. Again. Take it easy. Were quoting Indian folklore now?

Sorry, back to Alien. Oh wait...............

#3045 3 years ago

Hey "Take it easy" is mine in this thread.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Oddly I agree with you view lol.

#3055 3 years ago

I'm sure Melissa is a fine person but I have to say that the smart move here was to wait until this thing looked like the real deal, especially after the last Alien fiasco. Then again how anyone is even putting up refundable deposits is beyond me. Why not just wait? Do u really want 1 of possibly only a handful and bottom drops out. Its a dream theme and I wouldn't take that chance. Its tough not to look at from an outsiders perspective that Cointaker is just hungry 4 sales, nothing wrong with that and I mean I like the people I deal with at my distributor 2 but I know their first priority to make a sale. What's with the saint like status? Just curious as there's nothing else to discuss around here.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If they only make a few but they work, there's really no issue.

Good point. I've been done with taking any kind of chance with pins for a while. Nothing used anymore, I don't want to have to get things fixed or wait for parts, nothing. I wait a year even on Stern releases till they work out the bugs and all that jazz. And I took the chance with the OG Alien and Predator. That didn't help, I got my money back but I don't want to do that again.

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah no thanks not here to show off but if you'll follow me down to the basement

Man I like that. U need to paint the surrounding walls black and get a good quality red LED bulb going. Thats the ticket,

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dont think its called a Business if the intention isn't to make money?

Really? then what about monkey business.

#3069 3 years ago

U know Heighway lied and Cointaker made promises and lied whatever, its sales, they lie, that's what they do, that's part of the job to get u to spend money and if ur just figuring this out then I have a a lead on something else maybe u guys haven't heard of but its just between us......................Sliced Bread.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

For you to come here and slander Melissa like this is disgusting. Melissa/Cointaker is a reputable distributer who has decided to work with vendors on games that most others wouldn't even bother with like Alien or like TBL.

"decided to work with vendors that others wouldn't"

Do u actually think that decision has to do with anything other than money?

Quoted from Yipykya:

What will be will be.

I pretty sure most of us know what's gonna be, but the desire for this theme is so strong we kinda lose sight of the realities involved with a new pinball company.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence” ~ Hitchen’s Razor

Man do I miss that guy.

#3105 3 years ago

I don't think anyone is getting this anytime soon, possibly this year. Now I know u can't say anything about Cointaker but get ready for more delays and all that. PB would have posted a line up of built machines by now and where's the gameplay vid of the test machine they sent. Melissa went away? so what. Does she run the whole shop. I think its cause its not working.

Keep in my mind I want to be very wrong, setting my expectations real low here as 2 limit disappointment.

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:Announcement new pinball machine company manufacturing games starting tomorrow!
Most of pinside... I want mine yesterday or I'm just going to post crap about them!

I think most of pinside isn't going anywhere near this right now, let alone posting in this thread. Its 2 years old and of the 3K posts its a very small group of Alien loving dickheads, of which I am one.

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:While we wait for this machine, definitely looking forward to watching this double feature on the silver screen

Silver screen?
I don't know, after getting a high end OLED and recently watching Aliens in all its glory and in the comfort of my own home its doubtful I will ever step foot in a theater again. It looked amazing.

#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I just checked with my distributer and my game is "supposed" to be in the first shipment and they are starting to pack containers now.

They are?

Wouldn't PB show some pics of finished pins, then boxed and ready to go? All we have is what a 2min video of one pin sent to Coin taker. Come on man. U see this is the problem with these guys taking deposits, including Cointaker, lots of eager folk waiting for their Alien and distributors who want to make a sale, possibly with the thousands in the bank right now that they would rather keep, so what do u get? "on their way".

No one should have taken deposits yet and more so no one should have put them down, refundable or not. Its only gonna cause trouble. AS per usual, boy I hope I'm wrong.

#3139 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

These days I’m happy with my OLED and same speakers in my living area.

I went to see Blade Runner 2049 in the theater, first film I've seen in the theaters for almost 20 years and it the video was dark, theater was very cold and 2 loud. Its like trying to enjoy pinball in a Barcade where u can't hear it, people all over, music and smells I don't want hear nor sniff, after at home pinball bliss. Loud, lighting how I want and usually just me and the pin. I don't care how great the screen is ur not beating an OLED.

Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is, its hard to comment on the actual pin itself, because nobody has seen it!

The pin looks pretty good, what's starting to happen is that I just don't care anymore. It strange cause it really is a dream theme but I wasn't blown away by that gameplay vid and its definitely lost something in the transition, even more so than just the items cut from the OG. Seems different. Time will tell.

#3142 3 years ago

Edit post, deleted.

I decided I didn't care anymore.

#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not just possible but very likely. This is what happens in a vacuum wait and see timeframe. Harmless banter and what I consider one of Pinsides strengths.

Exactly.

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This thread blows my mind. 30+ new entries. 0 news.

That's nothing, over 3000 posts and very very little pertaining to the pin, is that really our fault?

Could be why its the only one.

#3153 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

people don't talk about news, they talk about lack of news

They have 2.

1 week later
#3226 3 years ago

I'm gonna wait but its nice to see a game in the wild.

#3236 3 years ago

Cab art - who cares. Looks fine

OG? yeah its a better overall experience but I don't like having to invest any real time in searching for parts and dealing with repairs. Would much rather have this version from hopefully an up and running company.

Otherwise looking very forward to grabbing one of these once its an established company and pin. After all the other failures I'm gonna have to wait. But in the mean time bring on the unboxing and gameplay videos with the delight that would be, "Man these things are rock solid, we have a winner on our hands" or a close facsimile. Good day kind sirs.

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

No probs on my late run at all, and PB will be supporting better I/O boards and parts. Not concerned about future support any more than for the remake.

Good. Still wouldn't buy one.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to see some pictures of underneath the pf.... The parts being used.

Me 2.

I'm really interested in the inner workings. under the PF, what's in the B Box. All that jazz.

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm thinking black will look awesome.

Chrome is better than some kind vomit green or sparkly blue but black is the ticket.

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Have you seen one?! Still, blue is my favorite.

I don't want 2. I've never liked colored armor or powder coating. Part of the reason I stopped buying LE's. Just not my thing. Black, with a little grit to it. Thats the ticket.
Still what a beauty. I so wish Heighway had kept going. I'd have my LE and who knows what else from them by. That's a shame.

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Well black is a color too!

African Armor, please.

#3264 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

An when they announce... Will be the usual negativity that seems all to common here

There will be praise as well. Its called "opinions"

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

is pretty dope too so far

Dope? Come on man.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I can't wait to see you add Ripley into the video!

I can't wait to not see u add Ripley into the video.

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Sorry. It's pretty keen, daddy-o.

That's just as bad, actually disturbing. How about "Its pretty good" Sorry, I can't stand these new forced words, especiallt when they are coming from people who just shouldn't be using them, I mean I hate it regardless but "Dog" and "Bro" its like old guys starting sentences with "Dude" its just embarrassing. Don't get me started on sandals.

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Delt did some cool movie integration to JP code

Oh yeah I saw that, I prefer the animations myself. I liked the first Jurassic park but that was long ago. It was on the other day, couldn't get past 20 min.

Quoted from attyrhodes:

You need a Valium

Why?

Quoted from Chalkey:

I'll do my best to bend the rest of humanity to fit into the mold you've created for them. A lot of these jerks are just going around participating in completely different cultures with unique mannerisms and language though so it might take a while, mein furher.

No idea what this means. Just try not to use "Dope" cause believe me I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds ridiculous, might be part of the few willing to say that its ridiculous. Word.

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

boy were I wrong...

Ur spell check certainly is. How long to u figure we can discuss the 60 secs of video from France before the topic goes off the rails again.

Quoted from gliebig:

Whatever, mang.

This is great. I think ur avatar is grateful dead? That = Sandal wearer. I'll be grateful when the whole band is dead.

Man I'm having a good time here, u guys are gonna cause me to crack a beer early. keep it coming.

#3282 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’m missing your other avatar, Hazoff!

I have a few, try to switch it up. here ya go.

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Second the cabinet and back plastic being very disappointing.

One things for sure its better than "backglass and cab look great but the pf and mechs stink"

Cab art, I never really see it doesn't for me and backglass would be a fairly cheap fix. It should be all good from the factory but my worry is the reliability and condition of the PF/guts of the game.

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

We'll see how I feel about it after I get to play the game.

I'm gonna guess, and I don't know, just spit balling here....................Disappointed?

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ill try to get over it..

Don't do that, u might not need the whiskey anymore. I'll take disappointment and Whiskey any day of the week.

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm the same. Can't stand those words. Makes people sound like morons. Oh, and how about a grown man saying "meh" I literally could kick someone in the face for saying it.

We are more rare than we should be. My buddies know at this point that kinda talk is banned from my house as are sandaled feet or any other opened toed shoe on a man. I've green garbage bagged feet before and I will bag again. I would rather hack them off at the ankle but baby steps. Shorts is wear I get the most resistance. Banned.
bc7da61e-f24f-46b4-b82a-9a674652683f_screenshot (resized).jpgbc7da61e-f24f-46b4-b82a-9a674652683f_screenshot (resized).jpg

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Oh boy... these posts have become so idiotic. I'm so anxious to get my Alien Pinball Machine.... not so I can play it... but so I don't have to read this thread anymore looking for updates.

Its not our fault u don't have a sense of humor. Better start a new thread cause I think ur gonna be waiting a long time. Good day to u sir.

I said good day.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I thought this place was aboot pinball, not making fun of the way people talk.

U thought wrong and no one really talks that way. Hence the need to make fun of it.

Word

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You mean like when people put this at the end of every point in their argument because they think it's still clever? It's in the running with 'You ARE the weakest link... Goodbye!'.

Its not at the end of every argument. No desire to be clever. Oh and "you are the weakest link" how is that anywhere close to the same thing? Its not even remotely close to being similar in meaning. I would like one example of someone making a point, right or wrong who ends with "you are the missing link"
Man is that stupid.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Such a sensitive snowflake

Maybe time to look up the meaning behind calling someone a snowflake. If I'm snowflake then ur a woman.

Quoted from delt31:

Can't agree more...... Let's bring this to the club thread. People who want to talk about and get hyped for the new alien should follow. This thread is toxic.

Good idea. I'll see u there.

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This thread is toxic.

What's toxic about it?
Man r some of u guys ever lame. I bet u throw some real fun parties.
Lets argue and exchange insults a little bit. Especially when there's nothing else to discuss right now. "I don't like the cab art" "will the LV have the screen" for the 100th time. Is that better?
Delt u own the game already, what exactly r u here to discuss? If i had to put my money on it ur reveling in the fact the rest of us aren't getting the same level game u have. If I had a Alien already I wouldn't even bother any PB thread.

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You are the one so easily offended by the words people use and clothes they wear that you need to complain about it in an Alien pinball thread on Pinside. I mean, geeze, shorts and sandals offend you? As does someone saying dude? That's taking snowflake to a whole new level. You've got to be in your 70s or 80s.

46 yrs old

Snowflake is one thing no one has ever called me and with good reason.

Offended? not really, disappointed sure, disillusioned maybe? ok

From ur brief paragraph I know all I need to. Its ok. U will think about it now the next time u put on ur sandals and shorts. U might think twice before starting ur sentences with "dude" or saying "that's dope".

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'll promise you this, if I think about you next time I'm putting on my shorts I'm quitting Pinside for good. Life's too short for that shit.

Why? a lot of older men have a change of heart as they age. Nothing wrong with that, u think about whoever u want while putting on what I now am assuming are short shorts? I promise u one thing however, I'm not sending u any revealing pictures, not for free anyway. Ok I had my fun today, back to Alien. Oh wait

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Exactly. Put on some shorts and flops...pour yourself a drink and jam to some GD.

Yes do this, but he left out "then walk urself right into oncoming traffic"

Quoted from Kare9:

Clearly you're a lesser man if you use slang terms on the internet. Spelling the word you as u though, that's perfectly acceptable.

well its less typing, and that's never a bad thing. But calling someone Brah is just plain sad. Not really comparable at all to short form typing. Now time to discuss a plague, a travesty that has almost no equal. Look at it and don't look away.

CLASSIC-SLA-M_XXX (resized).jpgCLASSIC-SLA-M_XXX (resized).jpg
#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I highly recommend this dope ass comic to everyone who is not a Canadian fascist

Thanks for proving my point, have a look at those things. I mean its fine I guess if ur trying to jump start a vomit. where's my hatchet?

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is your intense dislike for shorts and sandals a religious thing, like you need to be wearing your magic Mormon underwear? I just don't get it at all. How do you handle the beach, hot tubs, the pool at a hotel or travelling to anyplace warm?

I think all religions are fairy tales, actually I know they are. Hot tubs? I never saw the appeal in it. I don't travel, very content at home, love the fall and winter, spring even but I hate hot humid weather. I mean I went all over the place when I was in my teens/20's but I don't really remember. Had a little too much fun I guess. Still am. Listen the same way u don't get my distain for man toes and I don't know how u can stomach it. Also its it really that strange? I know lots people including women who find it repulsive. This happens, like when u say something regarding how the WOZ is a fem theme and people attack. All that tells me is they are thinking about it. Is it fem? R people just being nice but wishing they had a chainsaw when someone, you, have ur flip flops on. Man, wear what u want. Just be aware if ur wear them to my house, its chainsaw time.

Ok that's enough. I just want to buy a new pin and right now its this or Godzilla.

#3402 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also highly doubt the more expensive version is anything more than cosmetic upgrades.

Yeah I don't think for a second they r putting a screen in the PF. I also think that's a long ways off anyway. The standard has to prove itself. With 1? in the wild we are just getting started here.

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

then keeping these value engineered versions alive is going to be tough, period.

This is my main concern with this pin. Its the reason (while very difficult) that I'm gonna give it at least a year.

Quoted from Kare9:

Look homeslice, your statements are really making me think the reasons you hate slangs is because your reeking entitlement has culled all of your bruhs.

Of course u think that, that's easier than the reality.
I've never been culled. I've culled before due to the "Cable Guy effect" but the main circle of friends I have would never say Brah or wear sandals and feel the same way I do. The only reason u think this is strange and out of place is because most people would never verbalize it.

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What if you called them flip flops, would that help?

Nope, in fact much worse.

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:Convertable shoes?

How about Fruity Foot wear? no wait. Shit shoes.

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Mostly I hear this kind of shit from out of shape losers. You know the really insufferable types with "everyone thinks like me" and "my way or the highway" verbage.

Why are listening to out of shape losers? I know everyone doesn't think like me, most don't. "my way or the highway" where do u get that. Let me take a guess, the out of shape line, as ridiculous as it is would lend me to believe ex athelete who maybe still plays in old timer leagues, baseball hat, hockey jersey, shorts with flip flops and lots of "Dude. Now go home and get ur fucking Flip Flop shine box.

Quoted from Chalkey:

This is definitely a case of projection like when the politician who writes all the anti-gay legislation gets caught in the act. Dude def wants to suck some man toes. Don't deny your feelings man, yolo brah.

U see what's happening here. Whos saying u cant take ur shoes off? All I've said is sandals/flipflops on a man look ridiculous and they do. Somehow u guys want to justify it, if ur so comfortable with it then what do u care what I think? Cause its been brought to ur attention, for the first time maybe in ur life that its hideous.

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

I wish my countryman would realize that his distain for birks could eventually cause a missed opportunity to connect with someone, and it really is his problem. I hope he finds the promised land and becomes a big lebowski worshipper.

I'm a fan of The Big Lebowski, but u sir have blown ur cover. "Connect with someone" ? Ah go see a Phish concert.

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why is "you" so hard to spell out?

I don't know, could be the GD concerts and dreamy eyed screwball acid trips. Maybe u should have studied a little harder in school. I mean its only 3 letters. let me help. The Y is right beside T and the O just left of the P, fear not cause the U is in the same area, just a little left.............there u go, u did it. y o u
YOU.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I look at dudes at the beach, or out on a hot day, wearing tennis shoes and think they are ridiculous. Why do that to yourself!

And for sure they have smelly ass feet!

First off stop looking at "dudes at the beach" That sounds like a really bad film that I never want to see.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here, unboxing and a quick review:

Thanks for posting.
Game looks good but I'm kinda hoping the next unboxing and review is done by someone who has never owned or better yet played the OG. Hopefully spots can be added to slings via GI like I do with Sterns to light things up a bit. I think the Heighway version was dark as well? At least it has begun.

Oh yeah. Cab and back glass looking just fine to me. In fact better than fine. Simple, iconic, classic.

#3492 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Can anyone make an educated guess as to why the sound seems so bad?

I don't think they are all that bad. Pretty much it depends on how picky u are with sound on a pin. I've never upgraded and never will. Stock speakers are just fine for me and without hearing the OG I might think they are more than adequate. Where are the cointaker Aliens?

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Chrome looks completely wrong.

Fully agree. A rustic black or grey that looks like part of an old ship. I prefer the OG ramps.

#3547 3 years ago

My waiting a year thing is fading by the minute. Damn it.

#3549 3 years ago

I'm sure I would have seen this posted but have they set limits to the amounts they are making? SV's

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The Pinball Brothers remake looks and sounds awesome!

I agree. I was skeptical but it looks very good.

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Like saying Stern (Led Zeppelin) was going to beat JJP (Guns & Roses). Hands down Stern has for forgotten (needs to relearn) what the competition is bringing to the table.

Utter, very hot, steaming, smelly Horse Manure.

Stern has no competition. Why does LZ have to beat GnR or vice versa? More delusional talk as if GnR has raised the bar, all the crap. GnR will disappear into the sea of pinball machines like all the others will. Including Alien.

#3568 3 years ago

Think what? that it looks very good? Yeah that's why I typed "it looks very good" Man this is a tough room.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

“I was skeptical.....”
Lot of naysayers. It’s cool though. Everyone can have a change of heart.

Oh no I was skeptical we wouldn't even get this far, so that's good, the game looking better than expected is a bonus but there's still a lot of skepticism as to whether or not this will prosper to the point I can dive in and buy one. Heighway had a pin out and their second was looking good, then what happened?

I'm not interested in the LV but any ideas on how many SV's they are planning or is it unlimited to demand.

#3587 2 years ago

Bastard.

#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And we’ll all turn to dust. I’m enjoying the debates here, so at least the Stern Army vs the Jersey Boys has that going.

No idea what any of this means with regards to my post, actually without regard to my post. R we doing some Monday drinking perhaps?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LordHumungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=LordHumungus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.