20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 5 years ago

Jeez, a cgc Alien.. I miss the layout.

1 week later
#376 5 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

So instead of doing the right thing (delivering games to paid in full customers and refunding deposits) they sold all of assets to their own company.

I can't imagine how pin bros are anywhere near the black at this point. my perspective; they're probably following plan b or c to hopefully salvage huge losses. Sure seemed like they tried to make it work as a Heighway game, now hopefully it's made in decent numbers as a pinbro or cgc game.

1 week later
#540 5 years ago

Former alien club member here.. The unique layout with supported electronics would probably bring me back. The game is really great, It just got hard to hold with prices over 10k. Meanwhile,I'll run through some games I never thought I'd own.

1 year later
#980 3 years ago

Jeez, is this real?

#1068 3 years ago

I’ll take one...shipped COD.

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wow, that's an interesting twist and at least they are supposedly going to try to do something to help those that got burned, 50% is a lot better than nothing.

Certainly is better than nothing. The game is exceptional, I hope they can pull it off.

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The price? I heard in the $11-12k range a while back

that's pretty steep. I think they need to be around $7500... probably a hard-ish sell to get rolling, and much harder if it's nearing 10k

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I predict people will line up to buy it once they prove the ability to produce them

Getting to the proving their ability part is why.. if they can get there, then yes, they'll get the lines with fists of cash.

#1176 3 years ago

Do the new PB node boards have the protection circuit disabled still?

1 week later
#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you ever removed both ramps from Heighway's ALIEN, then you know why!
And if you take a closer look to the playfield then, it's obviously that the design went wrong.

Like they were going to do entrance switches but didn’t.

#1713 3 years ago

I'm a little bummed they went with a baby screen in back.. hopefully LE has a full size screen. Also curious about the circuits.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The beacons work super silence if you just put grommets between.
[quoted image]

Grease the gears. worked for me.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has more to do with lack of people getting to play it, also..pinside ratings are not real world in many cases.

Personally i think it’s an easy top ten if people get to play it... Plus any game in the top 100 is some kind of respectable fun. Your taste may vary but there’s no total crap games in it.

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Which one do you prefer? One looks cheap and released 2 years after. They have margin for the LE to make it better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The original is totally a much better looking cabinet, and the sweet screens (both).. Personally I'm still more interested in the "refakes" with lame standard cabinet, missing and weak backbox screen, minor playfield tweaks and standard sounding driver board over the very handsome original.

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

standard sounding driver board ...... can you elaborate bc the sound on the original was amazing

I should reword.. the pinballnews says it's one dedicated driver board.. more of a "standard" thing than the node boards.. i guess I'm overlooking the newer sterns.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are mixing things up a bit. The reliability comments are not about parts availability- but the actual reliable operation of the game and components performing as intended. Design flaws — not so much dying parts.

Yeah, keeping an original running isn’t the issue. I know guys that have been more or less trouble free. But the protection circuit on the node boards is disabled, the led system is a little wonky with some flickering on flipper hold. The power supply they used is inadequate, original usb cables likely to be subpar.. All repairable or improveable stuff. It’ll be interesting to see what improvements can be used on original games.. i think it’s neat they’ll have the unique cabinet and possibly the playfield screen to boast over the new ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.