20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#797 4 years ago

A close reproduction in a standard cab would be fantastic. A whole new game based on Alien? still fantastic. I would prefer Stern making a proper Alien based pin just for the assurance I will get it one day.

1 year later
#888 3 years ago

Would love this to be true but one things for sure. I will never give any money down on any pinball machine again. I got it back on Alien and lost a little with Kevin the fuckface on Predator but that was enough. Pinball Brothers? never heard of them. Would much rather Stern made an Alien pin. Then a Predator pin. Then a Robocop and Mad Max etc. But most likey I'm gonna have to deal with Zeppelin then some 80's cartoon and more Marvel superhero crap. What a shame. The iconic line up of games I could and should have. Where's Blade Runner, I ask u, where? Oh wait we did just get GnR, HotWheels and AIQ

MV5BNzQzMzJhZTEtOWM4NS00MTdhLTg0YjgtMjM4MDRkZjUwZDBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_UY1200_CR88,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BNzQzMzJhZTEtOWM4NS00MTdhLTg0YjgtMjM4MDRkZjUwZDBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_UY1200_CR88,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

There has been talk of the design being streamlined to fit into a standard body cabinet, but they would have had to simplify a considerable amount out to make that happen.

Good. I think the Heighway game looks great but I'm over sculpted toys and magnets all that jazz. Streamlined and fast sounds perfect for this theme. As long as the modes are the same and even then I would care if they were new, just want an Alien pin in the house.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And Blade Runner has been done ; )

What? I see ur winking but not sure why.

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The playfield screen not so much

Yeah not important to me, I would rather a good price with the core game. The Alien grabbing the ball and the center screen and the face huggers on the slings all that can go. Then again if its there I won't complain. Damn it this news has me all a twitter, might an Alien pin actually be on the horizon? Sweet Mary.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

He is Probably referring to his future pinball version (virtual).

Yeah that's why there's a wink. He knows as well as the rest of us it hasn't been done. I wouldn't mind that version done with a real machine. Jesus its a fucking crime that this theme isn't made into a pin but TMNT and Wonka and Hotwheels are.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

until machines are coming off the line, nothing is coming.

Yep. Also if they try to get deposits down prior to machines being built and ready to ship, it will die on the vine real fast. I want one 100% but not until I can get through my local distributor and see it in the wild.

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Jeez, is this real?

So far its just seems to be pictures from the Heighway game and schematics so in other words, No. Until we see a line up of built games and for me anyway one I can play at my local distributor its in the same realm as other start ups, fantasy land. I mean u mine as well show a bad drawing of an Alien on a Denny's napkin.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm grateful for their efforts and re-affirms the fact that lacking a US manufacturer, this whole topic is sort of dead.

The Pinball Brothers aren't situated in the States?

#987 3 years ago

Is it ur company? where r they located? I can't find it online.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I hope Big Lebowski and Alien pins are in collections all over the world and that the bad few years for the funders becomes a distant memory

The only way they are going to pull this off is to make a shit load with no money down and people can buy it from their local distributor. At this point if u put a deposit down for a pin coming from an over seas company then u get what u deserve.

208 (resized).jpg208 (resized).jpg
#1181 3 years ago

I hope this happens but it has to be an unlimited run where they are shipped to the US and Canada and available to play first with tested machines out in the wild. Who the hell is gonna pay for this in advance after all the other failures? If they make it and keep in Europe then ok fine but man I just don't see it over here. Its a dream theme and I want one, even with all the cuts to the OG sill want one, it just doesn't seem plausible. I hope I'm wrong.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Alien, Terminator and Predator are my dream themes - they're just killer themes

Add Robocop and Road Warrior for me but yeah. I just wish it was Stern or JJP or American, even Spooky. I would love a Terminator '84 dedicated pin. Its just such a shame we get such crap with these kinds of great themes around and then who ends up getting them, start ups. Why? WTF Stern, I mean TMNT? JJP and Wonka? American and Hot Wheels? where's Predator, U fuckfaces U.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I have a couple of European (built) games now. The quality is through the roof on both. I’d bet Pinball Brothers will do a great job.

Great, but when TBL and Alien are pretty much both failures who gives a shit. I would much rather have an Alien pin by Stern even if its little baron, I mean its gonna play fast and the LE would have enough stuff in it for those who need that and at least it would be in my house, its a guarantee, I can play the thing. I couldn't care less about build quality if they can't deliver. Pinball Brothers has a massive hurdle to jump, I hope they do and I hope many of u send them money to make it happen, I'm not. Until its over here and I can play one and buy it on the spot its not happening.

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Stern completely destroyed stranger things.
No thank you.

That's a good point. One pin made on a show u like that didn't deliver to ur expectations and write off the company from making a good Alien pin that we actually know we will receive. Brilliant.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In ditching the screen they've made it a gutted out stern Pro, 7k max for the no screens option, one would certainly expect. No central screen and no big screen either, no way 10k is justifiable. Atmosphere is gone to boot.

I disagree. The playfield and lights for me is where the main portion of atmosphere is contained and the rules are what makes a game really shine. There are intact. I liked the center screen and large display but not necessary. Also if its priced like a Stern pro it will be much more accessible to everyone in the hobby who wants to buy it. Just for sheer theme alone if this thing all happens I'm gonna be a very happy portly little man. That's right I threw portly in there.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

why not take the money and have some fun like Elvira does.

Cause that would suck. Out of place pinball call outs that won't sound like they belong, always the worst part of Elvira pins. Quotes from the film would be ok.
JMO

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I can’t recall ever disagreeing with a post more.

First of all, thank you very much. I mean that.

SS callouts were kinda ok for the first few games then they became like a torture device. Simply awful. But as u said "To each his own" Funny call outs for the most part aren't funny and become tedious very quickly. SR ruined BK3 trying to be funny. Just make it in line with the theme and end it there. If Sigourney lays down some bad attempts at Alien humor with pinball quotes that shouldn't be there it will ruin the pin.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Stern have showed that you can keep driving the BOM costs down and charge the same amount or more and people will still buy them.

Where do u come up with this horseshit? People buy Stern games because they are fun, Jesus the last couple yrs in my opinion anyway Stern has made some of the best pins of all time and I'm not sure what some of u guys are doing with these machines but I've had next to no issues at all. JJP is a premium manufacturer and some of the OPs I know won't touch em due to issues. They complain about Stern as well, where is this BOM issue? AIQ,DP, JP2, TMNT, etc while not my taste theme wise are all great pins.

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The company itself appears to exist only on social media. Who do you go to when you need support? What confidence do you have that they will be around in X years time? What jurisdiction would you need to take them to court in, if it came to it?

I agree with u here but if someone wants to take that chance the I'm all for it as it might make the company flourish and I'll be able to grab an Alien pin down the road with confidence. I believe they know that people are hesitant and unless they get an American company to produce these games where we can have easy access to tech support and know they are easily accessible its too high risk. For me anyway. I want one but not diving in till its a proven operation.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1341 3 years ago

Man for the first time since Maiden I'm getting excited. Its nice to feel that way about new pinball again. I really hope this takes off and is made in the States, easily bought lets say summer 2021.

#1423 3 years ago

I think it looks great. Couldn't care less about a PF monitor.

#1752 3 years ago

Built in Italy and shipped to one distributor thus far? I'll be waiting at least a year to see how this plays out. I want one but no way I'm going in yet. Please don't follow my advice, be an early adopter. Send money and buy the pin, work out the kinks and lets get it rock solid with inventory in stock at the biggest distributors then I'll take the plunge.

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Beacons can also be greased to make them silent too.

Beacons are awesome and really add to the look. I'm sure they can be added to this one... We'll see

I'll tell ya I'm happy there's a nice lite version. Never liked the look of the beacons and don't want em. Big displays? not for me. Center PF screen? who cares. So for the price of a Stern Pre I can have an Alien pin how I like and that kind sirs is greatness. Really hoping in 6 months or a year from now this is a proven new company making a reliable and easily accessible Alien pin.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:If you're paying $8200 USD for a Stern Premium I think you need a new distributor but maybe that's the going rate in Canada. This game is priced between premium and LE.

13% tax my friend. A Stern Pre will cost u $10,500.

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Stern literally just sold 500 Led Zeppelin LE without even showing a rendered pic of the game.

Come on man, Stern isn't a new company. U know ur getting ur LE.

People r giving refundable deposits to the distributor, I don't think anyone is sending money to PB pinball. If they do and it doesn't work out well then.....

208 (resized).jpg208 (resized).jpg
#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Predator + JJP = instant buy for me...doubtful it ever happens though...

I'd buy one but I would rather Stern do it. Much prefer a fast open style Predator pin. Either way I hope its happens. I really want to buy this game and its tough not to dive in but I'm gonna wait.

#2128 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'd rather Stern don't do it, as they often don't do themes justice. LZ vs GnR proves the point quite vividly.

Ok maybe visually but not in terms of gameplay. I'll take the gameplay.

1 week later
#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Never owned a wide body - anyone know dimensions?

Do u live on the Space Station

Man the dimension questions. Just look up any B/W widebody pin from the 90's. Here.

Twilight Zone
Weight 250 lbs
Dimensions 56 x 28 x 77 in

Back box is the same as a standard so u won't have any issues.
I found that in 2 sec, think of what u could find in 2 min.

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm in. Preordered yesterday! This was a game that I was about the pull the trigger on last time with HWP, I'm going for it this time.

The good thing this time is ur not sending money overseas to a European company. A refundable deposit with a local distributor takes the edge off. I'm still gonna wait a year minimum. I figure if its still being made a year from now then things are solid. I really don't want to be in the 1st 100 then they fold like a cheap suit. Boy am I full of shit. I want it right away and will have many a sleepless fighting the urge to take the plunge. Damn it

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That sounds like the way to go, good thinking. With any new pin, especially one by a new company, I feel its best to wait and let bugs / issues be worked out first. It seems like almost every new release has some issue(s) that get's fixed in later runs.

I do that with everything, video games, music gear and especially pinball. I'm glad there's LE's for the hardcore collectors but once I stopped buying those why not wait, u know ur gonna be able to get the Pro/Pre models for a long time after. JJP offers the LE for what 5000 units so that's pretty much a guarantee. Not sure about American but doubtful they are hard to find. Spooky? who cares.

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

For a price just north of a Stern Pre, this is a no brainer

100%

Thing is I don't want 1 of 100 made then it folds. I want a game that's out there with proven tech support and happy owners. Its gonna be tough but I'll wait a year and if Godzilla is on the horizon with Stern that will certainly fill the time.

I'm actually watching Alien right now on Hollywood Suite 70's, it just burst out of Cains chest. How am I gonna pull off waiting a year.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Man, this is one of those times that being an early adopter makes sense.

Well kind of. Lets say the first batch comes in the spring and then by Xmas they are selling well, working well and it looks like everything is on track. That's the time for me to buy. After Alien and Predator and Dutch and what ever is happening with that other company with John P. I just can't.

#2236 3 years ago

Build the games and get them out there, we need to see it, we need demos and reviews and if as promised this thing will snowball. Everything else is crap.

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Anyway, as some already said, completely unwaranted given how sales are going, so they made the right choice not wasting resources on a pointless gameplay demo.

Sales? they have sold nothing. Refundable deposits have been made with local distributors. Its not like Heighway where people were sending them money directly. They could do a gameplay vid without spending anything, and no such thing as a pointless gameplay demo when ur trying to create a buzz on a new pin release.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Can we just get to see a video of a real, working machine now and not just some renders or pics of empty playfields?

How dare u sir. Did u not witness the "sledgehammer test" video. I was awestruck. Just what I'm after with this pin. I've lost many a game by accidentally smashing it with the old sledge.

#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I wonder if it's because we don't have that many people on the pre order list or is it because there are no new updates

Personally I can't believe there's even a pre-order list at all and anyone willing to send money, even a refundable deposit. I'm glad its there cause if that's what its gonna take to get these built and out there I'm all for it. I wouldn't want 1 of 50 or 100 made then it dies. I really wish Stern was doing this, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as I don't want to be downer but can't stay away as I'm excited for the possibility of actually getting this machine. Damn it.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I mean, I think I know.

Probably should have started with this
Here's what I know, we are a long ways off from this being anything I'm gonna touch. I also know I have seen gameplay vids and pinball machines shipped and it still all goes to hell. I want this pin as much as anyone, Neh more. Still this is all nothing but fluff. I'm gonna wait till I see massive posts which will indicate gameplay footage or machines shipped. Good day to u kind sirs.

I said good day.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

28 posts, I know...

When there's something tangible there will be way more than 28 new posts. Many r watching this but not posting anything.

1 week later
#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Why are you in this thread of any other if your concerns are so grave about a company or machine that you probably aren't going to purchase one.

Could be owners of the OG Alien are getting a little bent out of shape that their very rare pin while still different from this one will lose that rare expensive edge.

That being said who cares what he posts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.