20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK, since this thread is quickly dying its well-deserved death, let's just go over this one more time for you "no-brainer!" types. This can just be cut and pasted into future Alien fantasy threads. Here's why Alien will never be remade:
1. The game needs to be completely re-engineered and redesigned to be reliable and fit into whatever cabinet is being used.
2. Possible licensing issues.
3. Possible legal issues and liabilities.
4. There's dozens of better projects for a pinball company to invest their time in that will be more profitable, less expensive, and easier, without the legal and ethical baggage attached to the Alien disaster.
Alien cannot be "remade." It needs to be redone. You are basically making a new game from the ground up, with all the time, costs, and hassles that this entails, with the added fun of trying to clean up the disaster that was Heighway Pinball's amateur design and engineering and the hundreds of pissed off former customers they left in their hydrofoil-induced wake. So once again, why make Alien?
I've never once heard a convincing case or an educated argument why it would make even the slightest amount of sense.

Well now I'm totally conflicted and don't know what to hope for...

On the one hand, I would really love to see Kaneda be wrong about this if it means he'll finally go away with his inflamatory BS podcast.

On the other, Levi is just so damned sure of himself that it would be fun to watch him eat cake, so to speak.

Also, I have played Alien and thought it was really cool. Interesting shots and you can get some flow going if you're making them. Not a cookie-cutter layout, and the theme integration is killer. Didn't miss Sigourney at all, there's enough there without her.

So I guess I'd have to say that given all the hard work that went into making this game and how awesome and underappreciated it is, I hope that they do produce it and make it available to the masses. Along with that I hope everyone who hasn't been properly compensated for its development is made whoie as well.

...and if they don't, Kaneda ending his podcast is a really nice consolation prize.

1 week later
#346 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I’m MUCH more confident than Kaneda re Alien and PB because I told him
He and I have a long history with Alien, from day one, and I asked him to keep it quiet and
Then he went off like a monkey F ing a football
He saw a post from Great Britain and said oh look it’s already out there so I’m running with it. Yes he relied on what I told him to keep quiet so I’ll out myself
But hey, whatever, we are all gonna find out soon enough
PB has the license, I believe they are making the first batch overseas AND
Negotiating here in the US to manufacture games here. You all know who the potential parties are
Bottom line, it’s boutique pinball, and there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.
It’s in motion, will it get from A to B?
Find out soon enough.
When it comes out, Williams style, I’ll be pumping up one of the best overall games I’ve ever played

Sounds great! ...is there somewhere I can preorder??

1 year later
#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same playfield art is disappointing, no offence to Aurich he did great with the assets Andrew gave him, which if I remember reading a post by Aurich was a abit of a nightmare.
I’d love to see new playfield art, without Aurich or whoever unhampered by mis-management.

Nobody said it would be the same playfield art...

4 months later
#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

yes .. i dont want to de-rail the thread any further .. but if it helps getting fog in an Alien! ..why not!
also , that's a regular fog machine

Most guys spend $200 to put invisiglass on their game so they can see the PF clearer and you guys want to fire up a fog machine under the glass...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.