20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Yes, it's inevitable that they would want to completely re-engineer and re-design that lemon so that it runs longer than a $20 DVD player, rather than just keep pumping out re-makes and filling their coffers with money with a model they've proven successful over the past 5 years.

Seems like the smart business move that would ensure their financial stability and profit potential for years to come.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yes, but how many more remakes are left that would sell as well as MMR or MBR. I have no interest myself in any other rumored remakes.

about 10 years worth of them, EASILY.

TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC

Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

#23 5 years ago

True, but they could do remakes and also original titles. Why not?

Why not:

Re-engineering and redesigning that entire lemon to 1) actually work, and 2) fit into a standard WPC cabinet is an expensive and time-consuming proposition.

The question is not "why not," it's "why?" Why would they do that when they have at least 10 years worth of profitable re-makes of 90s games ahead of them?

Maybe FIFTEEN YEARS worth of 90s remakes, as others have pointed out SS, TOTAN, WWater etc. are all viable.

You haven't even tried to answer that.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They'd be using the WMS widebody. So really they're just re-engineering a small handful of the unique mechs like the Xenomorph head. The amount of work to be done isn't impossible, but I tend to agree that it's probably not worth fooling with. (And that's without getting into the other issues with the game like the lack of Sigourney Weaver)

GCC hasn't produced any widebodies yet either.

In that past, that has required a completely new line for manufacture.

Again, why bother messing with widebodies until you've made CC, TAF, TOM, CV, TOTAN, Whitewater, possibly even Big Bang Bar....

Something to look forward to in 2027 I guess. Which is probably around when people will finally give up on Alien being remade.

#34 5 years ago

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.

The first rule of finding a con job mark.

#43 5 years ago

No one is getting conned here. I've given money to no one. This is just a rumor, and we are discussing it because it's a pinball forum. I don't believe 100% it will happen.

You’ve already been conned by taking this horseshit seriously.

Sending large amounts of money to someone far away is the next logical step.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You seem way too upset about idle speculation in a hobby where there's really never that much going on.

Am I allowed to invoke the “it’s a pinball. Forum. We discuss Pinball here” clause or is that only for people who buy this nonsense?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Am I allowed to tell you were the drain button is if you're not interested in this nonsense?

No you aren’t.

Announcing drains is a moderatable offense!

Am I allowed to tell you there’s an ignore button if your not interested in my wisdom?

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, that means Queen will be made by CGC as well!

Queen are so hot right now.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who's to say Pinball Brothers doesn't have the license, and CGC is just contract assembling them?

If this were to actually happen, there's no reason CGC would have to hold a license if it were a contract job, just like Stern never held the license to make MM.

#140 5 years ago

Just 29 more days till they ship me that Alien!

#157 5 years ago

Alien will never be remade by a "different" pinball company for the many reasons I've stated time and time again every time people indulge in this fantasy. Those reasons were true last time people thought this was a "no brainer," and they'll be true next time.

I'm 100 percent sure of that.

If I'm wrong, I'll never post again and I'll get a tattoo of Odin on my ass.

#169 5 years ago

OK, since this thread is quickly dying its well-deserved death, let's just go over this one more time for you "no-brainer!" types. This can just be cut and pasted into future Alien fantasy threads. Here's why Alien will never be remade:

1. The game needs to be completely re-engineered and redesigned to be reliable and fit into whatever cabinet is being used.

2. Possible licensing issues.

3. Possible legal issues and liabilities.

4. There's dozens of better projects for a pinball company to invest their time in that will be more profitable, less expensive, and easier, without the legal and ethical baggage attached to the Alien disaster.

Alien cannot be "remade." It needs to be redone. You are basically making a new game from the ground up, with all the time, costs, and hassles that this entails, with the added fun of trying to clean up the disaster that was Heighway Pinball's amateur design and engineering and the hundreds of pissed off former customers they left in their hydrofoil-induced wake. So once again, why make Alien?

I've never once heard a convincing case or an educated argument why it would make even the slightest amount of sense.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I've never seen Alien. Good movie?

Alien is great. Aliens is great. The others are garbage.

Is Aliens better than Alien? The debate will rage on forever, much like Terminator and T2.

I think push comes to shove I'm an Alien and T2 guy.

#175 5 years ago

You gotta hand it to James Cameron for making two amazing sequels to beloved classics, many years after the originals.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To that, I understand but I would only remind those that we're talking about a fucking pinball podcast and to relax.
cheers.

Calmer than you are.

Curious did he address the other nuggets in that avalanche of bullshit from yesterday? I believe he said Eddy will be doing Elvira, and there was some other nonsense mixed in there?

Yes I listened. What can I say, I was compelled.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Calmer than you are? hey at least your immaturity is consistent.
Sometimes you're an absolute cancer to these forms but you have moments of redemption so I learn to entertain your stupidity.
Yes - he explained that might not be right either. Basically the recent rumors are taken down and his approach/style is changing....for the better.

So across two days and 2 hours of podcasting he managed to give us about six "100 percent confirmed!" rumors, not a single one of which was even remotely true?

I can see why you find this show to be a valuable source of information. Great stuff!

I'm looking forward to him changing his approach/style...for the better!

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since he put it out there. I'm gonna go with Kaneda is "100% correct" on Alien if that's what it is. I haven't listened to anything buy shit sure has blown up around here.

Well you are first guy to back him up publicly.

Are you willing to give us your "100 percent/ass tattoo" guarantee?!

I'm gonna request me, on the left cheek.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You already have your first one. He's known as the Grandpa of Pinball, the old school leader of the good 'ol boys of these forums. He hates the new crowd, the fresh blood - ones that want to advance this industry with things like "the internet".
That's none other than crazy Levi!
Seriously though I think he's already thrown down and is calling BS on you.
All I know is that this went from a snoozer TPF to pure excitement. Well done pinside

What does this even mean?

I'm on the internet right now! And nice to see Delt following his own "relax everybody it's the internet" advice, not gettin' at all worked up tonight.

But I digress;

Ice, I am no fan of beer but happy to bet you the equivalent in good bourbon. Or Jack Daniel's if you want to be cheap.

What are the terms of this thing? Announcement and ready-to-ship within 30 days as we were previously promised?

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's do it. Your choice of alcoholic beverages . I'll take tequila.
I don't know what Kaneda promised but I'm saying Alien is coming to a pinball theatre near you. 30 days? Don't know. Let's make it 90 days for the announcement of Alien.
It's either coming or its not. I'll say 90 days. You in?
Good bourbon for good tequila?

Wouldn't be doin' my job if I didn't say 60 days.

And I'm granting you an announcement will suffice, not the games on the truck claim Chris made.

Your beverage exchange terms are acceptable.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's meet in the middle and say 75 days. Deal?

predd.gifpredd.gif
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Unfortunately game 5 has a horrific playfield failure that you haven’t told us what the cause of or tackled effectively compared to other issues by the other manufacturers mentioned.
Neil.

6468952 (resized).jpg6468952 (resized).jpg
#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He didnt announce a drain, he told you that its available since this topic is so upsetting to you.

Take it to PM!

1 week later
#341 5 years ago

I don’t care about any of this just want my bourbon.

How’s that gonna work out anyway? I’ll just buy a bottle of the good stuff and you reimburse me?

Or are we drop shipping this baby?

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I chose not to sell my LE for $17k for a variety of reasons. One is I paid $10k for it and didn’t want to take advantage of anybody.
Despite beating down the value of my game significantly, I’m happy that this great pin is getting remade so others who want one can enjoy it.

Someone give this man a podcast!

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He pretty much has one...he speaks through Kaneda apparently.

Yeah this unholy alliance is bound to work out for both of them.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Realistically, nobody is going to take me up on it so it’s just in fun....

I already made my bet! And I can't wait for the sweet taste of victory bourbon to kiss my lips!

Or an epic Texas-sized welch which will echo through the ages. Either way I'm happy!

Not sure if anybody else around here has the stones though...

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes Levi, we are on. Tequila or bourbon
Nobody has the stones to go $500, unless you’d like to up it?
Texans don’t Welch bets. You can ask Rotordave

I already had a new nickname picked out for ya Welchman44!!!

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok so 100.00 if they don’t remake alien in the next 12
Months ? How’s that sound ?

Holy crap those are generous terms.

I gave him 75 days and felt taken advantage of.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is that a light inside your pincup?? Looks sick!

Yeah that’s sick. I’ve always thought to myself “damn, if only
This cupholder had a light in it.”

Wait...no I haven’t! You people are all insane!

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF wrong with you Levi, the only problem with that pic is that its not a brewski
And you need to get into the Alien vibe my man, its the best "theme immersion" eva. And a little tasty cocktail like a bottle of tequila will make it SWEET.
In fact, I'm going to buy Paul's mod just so i can put my tequila right there for you to look at
Btw, if we don't make the 75 day cutoff then you probably really need that bourbon anyhow living in NYC and the nut job captial of the world!

75 days was extremely generous considering you fed Chris that bullshit about it shipping in 30 days.

That was just cruel!

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That....is what he interpreted it as. I did NOT tell him that for F sake. If i was just trolling him i would have made it MUCH more believable.
And i am coordinating the tequila handoff with Chris as we speak.
I would like for both of you to take a few shots to commemorate the occasion! And take pics
Actually, i will buy the bourbon win or lose if you'd rather take those shots with Chris.
And, the "unholy alliance" will be united via podcast very soon. I have to get my MunstersLE and Ocktoberfest in house for a review which is happening this week and next. You won't want to miss it!

Goddamn Ice you don’t think too highly
Of me if you think you can make that happen for just a bottle of bourbon!

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

What makes you so confident? A guy like you has your sources. Do tell.

His source is "common sense" and "his brain."

Strange concepts around here I know.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Biggest issue with this rumor is WHY CGC would even bother?

Seems like their line is plenty busy but then Stern ran MMR so I guess anything is possible. I have to think Stern's production capacity is much higher however.

There's virtually nothing about this rumor that makes any sense which is why I continue to take such a hard line that it's bullshit. Fortunately, there are pretty much ZERO consequences around here ever for being wrong [see ridiculous horseshit Lebowski rumor] so it's not like I'm risking much.

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well you COULD take Icemans bet so there'd be a $500 consequence...

Yeah you guys don't get the bok bok bok me I was the FIRST person to take any kind of action on this idiocy. I got a bottle of booze on it that's enough for me, go pick on some other shit-talkers who refuse to sack up!

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. Wtf are you talking about?
Let me see if i can make this as clear as possible line by line
The Beatles sales thread was my "OPINION" based on the calls i was receiving from distributors to buy one. Had never happened before to me and other people agreed, Levi jumped in as a Stern shill and disagreed. So what. I got a good deal on one and bought one. Simple as that. I have no idea how sales actually ended up and don't care.
Levi likes to talk shit non stop, imply that i'm lying, whatever, keep it up. Want to disagree with my opinions, call me an idiot, that's fine, no problem with that at all.
A "welcher" and a "liar. B F ing Shit!
First of all, I didn't intend for this Alien info to leak out, it did and i owned up to telling Chris about it.
Second, its not my "OPINION", its a 100% "FACT" based on what i know, not heresay, got it?
Third, nobody gets a trophy here for being right! I have ZERO incentive to make up some BS about a game being made nor have i ever done so.
Let this sink in AGAIN, Alien remake is currently in the works and its coming. Whether you or anybody else wants to believe it or not is totally irrelevant. I just put it out there and some people assume I'm somehow lying about it? F that. It's NOT opinion.
You can talk shit about me, say "i don't think its coming" over and over again. That's on you guys and i will respond right back.
My suggestion is just sit back, relax and enjoy the idea that Alien is coming. If it doesn't then they hit some unforeseen roadblock. And you guys will be the first to know.
FINALLY, i will be playing a new version of the code next week.
And no, don't ask me for it, just talk more shit about me lying about it. Pinside won't let you just be a nice guy trying to help out. So be it.

Man, things are getting weird in here!

Whatever happened to this being "all for fun?" Drunk Ice going after me like a rabid racoon attacking an orphan with rickets!

I'll step away and come back in 60 days to claim my winnings!

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If alien gets remade and winks is awesome, I'm going to have to get a lot more lawn mowing jobs this summer.

Don’t you think a winking Alien is a little too camp for this dark theme?

1 week later
#611 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

See that little icon in the lower left? That puts Shilton on a permanent suspension. Problem solved!
[quoted image]

He actually spells it "Schilton" for some reason.

1 week later
#629 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Patience, patience. He's still got 32 days for an announcement that Aliens is going to be produced again before he has to start paying out bottles of booze.

Oh come in who is keeping track of that?

2 weeks later
#644 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s gonna be tight on booze bet
But, my bet with Rob is in the bank!

What’s the rob bet ?

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

HAHA So he has zero library now?
Also folds on bets made?
Glad I dont listen to that PissCast.

PISSCAST?!

Such foul language from Todd!

1 week later
#652 4 years ago

Well, I'm not one to gloat, but looks like iceman44 owes me a nice big bottle of Woodford Reserve.

How are we gonna get this done? NYC liquor prices being what they are it's probably gonna be around 70 bucks.

Ice is an honorable man! (I hope)

bet (resized).jpgbet (resized).jpg

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't fret boys, Alien IS coming SOON

So I may get my booze and drink it too?!

I do hope you guys get what you want. Which is alien. For some reason.

I remain skeptical.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Woodford is a pretty decent bourbon, but is it really seventy bucks a bottle in NYC?!? It’s less than half that at the state run ABC stores in Virginia.

Booze is horribly expensive here.

There's a reason I buy a year's worth of stuff at the huge booze outlet next to Pintastic every July.

#664 4 years ago

Happy to report that while he is many things, a Welch, and sober, are not among them.

Thanks for the booze cash Ice!

And thus concludes our business.

Though I fear the business of Shit-talking is just beginning!!!

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Gotta respect ice puts his money where his mouth is.

So do I!!!!!

Trust me this was not an easy bet, as ice reached out privately beforehand to tell me to shut up and spoke with serious conviction. But I’d talked so much Shit I was backed into a corner.

I’ll say this much, I 100 percent believe that HE 100 percent believes this is happening.

I still don’t see it though.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have very little in the way of inside knowledge here. But I don’t think it’s that weird or outlandish. A ton of time and money was spent to develop this game. Why wouldn’t they want to try and recoup it?
It’s not a vaporware game, it’s real. Real rules, real shots, real multimedia, real license. People seem to like it!
I honestly have no clue what will happen. All I can say is I have a decent sense for what would be involved. It’s not a pipe dream at the very least.

I feel like I laid out a pretty convincing case back on page 1 why it doesn’t make any sense for anybody interested in making a profit. Impossible no, unlikely and untenable yes.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This thread is still going?? Wow. I keep going back to Whole Foods to find that pudgy guy wearing the Weyland Yutani Shirt, but he disappeared. Just like this thread should ...

Relax bro! We had to conclude some unfinished business!

1 month later
#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I found this on the floor at Whole Foods . Looks like that Weyland yutani pudgy guy is rebuilding it ![quoted image]

"It clearly says seven inches, not feet, I was given this napkin!"

"FUCK THE NAPKIN!"
napkin (resized).jpgnapkin (resized).jpg

1 month later
#743 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone still betting on this?

I'm taking action if anybody wants it. I'll be betting "ain't happening" again.

ez (resized).jpgez (resized).jpg
#784 4 years ago

I love that this thread is still inspiring anger, hope, depression, and delusion, just as it has since the beginning.

I've been pretty consistent that this is not going to happen, and as far as I know I'm the first and only to actually collect booze money on a bet.

So I'm gonna exercise my victor's privilege to bloviate:

Here's how it is with this dumb game. We all know what a disaster it was from start to finish, we all know there's like 10 versions of this game because it was never properly tested, finalized, or built...

We also know there's plenty of insane people here who would buy (likely preorder) whatever anybody came up with that said "Alien" on it at this point. And that's what scares me.

As long as people are desperate to believe this could happen, and desperate to fork over $10K for it, there is certainly a possibility it will actually happen.

But It's not going to be an "established" company that actually knows what they are doing and has a track record of success. Why would it? Why would Stern do it? Why would JJP do it? Why would the CG guys do it? THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OWN PRODUCT TO SELL. They all have a successful model for what works, to varying degrees, so why risk losing their balls redesigning this lemon from top to bottom so it's a) not a lemon, and b) fits with whatever production line, cabinet, tooling, and hardware/software/electronics they are currently using?

It just seems unlikely. So, if this thing ever DOES get remade, it's from someone who DOESN'T have anything to sell, yet wants in on that sweet sweet desperate deluded Alien fanatic cash. That means another clueless Dutch Pinball/Heighway type company stocked with dreamers, amateurs, and con men will be the ones entrusted to make this a reality without stealing everybody's money. Which so far DP/Heighway type companies have been unable to do.

So, long story short, even if it gets remade, it'll likely be another disaster.

Good luck folks!

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I'm in for $100 that it'll be revealed before the end of the year by one of the big pinball companies. You game CrazyLevi?
I'm saying the same game, with tweaks and a standard cabinet e.g. B/W)

I've done my bit for king and country and consider myself lucky I won the bet and actually received payment. For now I'll just bloviate from the sidelines.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I haven't listened to the podcast, but apparently Barry has just announced that DP's plan to move forward is for Barry to personally hand-make 500 additional Lebowskis and sell them at $12.5k to generate funds,

Holy shit! Love it.

2 months later
#822 4 years ago

Pretty sure Ice is still taking action on this.

You just gotta catch him at the right time if you know what I mean (glug glug)

4 weeks later
#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So December is in 3 hours and no one knows anything? .

I know something!

It's bullshit. Alien is as dead as Newt at the start of Alien Cubed.

2 weeks later
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Any truth to the CGC rumor?

Yes they are being produced as we speak!

They are tired of making money cranking out old Williams games and it’s all Alien from now on!

7 months later
#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So when are these Aliens invading?? Any updates

Ice was spot on as always!

‘Rona is a hoax, and also these are rolling off the line by the dozens.

Thanks for the scoops Ice!

3 months later
#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Levi seems to have caught a bad case of FOOT IN MOUTH! Iceman was right again!!
Alien is coming baby.
Love when pinball comes together and exceeds my expectations.

I won a $100 bet and it’s pretty clear the original hypothesis- that Chicago gaming, stern, or some other real pinball company was gonna get into the Alien business - was bullshit, just as I said it was.

So how bout ya kiss my ass!

Some new scam company rising from the ashes of the old scam company to once again fleece you suckers with preorders for a shitty game That breaks like that’s its job was not the fantasy you guys were putting forth back then!!!

Also, why talk shit when 2 years later these STILL aren’t actually a real thing you can buy. Why not
Wait it out till you actually have something to talk shit about? That kind of nonsense is why Ice had to buy me $100 worth of booze.

#970 3 years ago

Sounds like yet another boutique manufacturer of high character that us doing everything the right way.

I’m sure this will work out well for everybody so go ahead and launch your premature “I told you so”s my way.

These things always tend to age well in an Alien thread!

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

same here. i put down initial deposit then i got an email from andrew “the thief” heighway that my pin was ready to ship and i needed to make final payment. i sent an additional 2500 and told andrew that when my pin was on the skid and all shipping set up i would send the rest. well andrew disappeared after that. to me that was blatant theft. one thing for a company to go bankrupt. another thing for him to request money for pins that were never going to ship. everytime i see an alien pinball it brings back some harsh feelings. andrew is lucky there is a big ocean between us because it wouldnt be pretty if i caught up with him.

When these guys start asking for money I wonder who is gonna pay up and ship their cash thousands of miles away.

You know they don’t have the money to just start producing and selling games so I’m sure it’ll be a new preorder adventure for those with nerves of steel and brains of jelly.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For some reason all these lame teasers are just pissing me off. Quit with the bullshit and just post details.

Pinball at this point has devolved into stern announcing and releasing 6 games a year, jjp announcing and releasing one game every year and a half, and 10 other pseudo-companies releasing teasers whenever they feel like it.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

So basically DP are going to build this.
Already setup in Europe, already making a wide body game, I believe that is their dmd/lcd display from TBL and that would concur from the side schematic tweet from Sunday they posted, people happy to spend 12.5k and wait 6+ months already for their current pin and I’ve read numerous times in this thread CGC isn’t going to be the manufacturer and this alien remake is going to be a boutique pin rather than an in stock item
I’m not a golfer but that about really ties them both together does it not

Wow, Zombie Heighway + Dutch Pinball?

What could possibly go wrong if this dream scenario came to fruition?

As an aside, I wonder if anybody ever sent DP some cash to lock down a BOP 3.0 machine...

2 weeks later
#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Best deal imo is/was AFM remake at $6K

I hate (ok I love) pointing this out, but that game actually cost about $6,800 after tax/shipping, and of course the color DMD which I think we can assume almost everybody got.

The $6,000 MSRP was a complete mirage.

And this Alien Resurrection will be $12K or so (or whatever Lebowski is going for now). THey know the people who REALLY want it will pay up, so why would they go the bargain basement route? THe last thing they want to do is have to build thousands of these. Better to sell a few hundred to the I'll-sell-my-daughter-for-this crowd.

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Manufacturer :
Pedretti Gaming in Italy **They are putting everything together from what the podcast says.

Hmm.

I'm not sure if this is good news, at least based upon my dad's stories about the FIAT he owned in the 70s!

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have Pirelli tires, they are good so far.

How many moving parts in those tires?

Do we have any Italians here? Would be interesting to hear if anybody has any background on this company and their products.

#1569 3 years ago

http://www.pedrettigaming.it/it/

Looks like they sell used games and produce pinball mods and build 60-1 arcade cabs.

And now they are gonna build pinball machines from scratch.

in bocca al lupo!

My guess is you don't want to be first in line on these. Probably gonna be some kinks that need to get worked out.

Ciao!

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Had to put this in here now
[quoted image]

LMAO! Nice work

If only you can get the Alien behind the wheel of a mid-70s FIAT...

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

CGC makes sense - lots of talk earlier this year they were making Alien.

Goddammit! I told you 2 years ago that no established pinball manufacturer would take this project on, because it made absolutely zero sense.

One of the reasons an unknown Italian used pinball seller is being called upon to build these, clearly.

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can someone explain how the weapons are used?

Do NOT fire live ammunition under the oxygen producing nuke plants.

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

In your opinion Melissa Cointaker is totally foolish? She loves loose time with nothing in her hands?

I have zero opinion on Cointaker. They aren't the ones building these games are they?

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

They takes pre-orders for nothing? If you know everything.. please please share with us...

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've read all day.

Since Cointaker is taking deposits, that means these Italians know how to build reliable pinball machines? Can you steer me through these logic gymnastics?

Cointaker took deposits on that lemon Lebowski too, dude. Explain that.

Cointaker likes money, and they are hoping this works out too. Good for them. Doesn't seem like they are taking any risk here, nobody is gonna hold it against them if this thing turns out like a 1970s FIAT, or if the whole thing collapses and people get their deposits back.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Lebowski is no lemon, I own one. Neither is my original Alien. Not every game has to be made in America, by Stern. There is room for others in this space. Not sure what you are upset about here, no prepayment is required, Italy has a great manufacturing tradition, Europeans don't have to pay a stupid tax, and Cointaker is good for this with a refundable deposit.

This is all fine and true.

It just doesn't justify the tortured logic that "cointaker is taking deposits so that proves this will be good."

At least we finally know the answer: CGC is not going manufacture Alien pinball.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

For someone who rails against carguments in approximately 10% of his posts you sure seem fixated on comparing this to a car made in Italy fifty freaking years ago

The old man said it was a fucking thrill to drive when it wasn't in the shop! (unfortunately it was usually in the shop)

#1622 3 years ago

So what exactly do the Italians build well, anyway?

I've never owned a Lambo!

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Are you serious??!!

I was kidding.

I've owned a bunch of Lambos. Quality autos but a pain in the ass to change the oil.

1 month later
#2425 3 years ago

Trouble in paradise?!?

Who coulda seen that coming?

No worries I’m sure everything will work out in this Italian pinball factory.

#2439 3 years ago

No issues here. Company has taken no money, they are communicating what's going on. I never expected anything would be ready by January. If they can get 100 of these in buyers hands in the next 3 to 6 months I'd call that a win. No one has the expectation that this is Stern.

Well just for fun, what if they can't ship working games within in next 3 to 6 months?

I'd call it utterly predictable as we've seen this script many, many times. What would you call it?

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Love them. Now where is my game?

LMAO

We are gonna be seeing lots of posts like this over the next few years.

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What's new about them? The OG had RGB didn't it?
I tire of these close up teasers. They are already for sale. Show the f'ng game. You show this stuff PRIOR to announcing it is for sale.
These aren't changing naysayers minds, and they aren't impressing the people who are already ordered or sitting on the sidelines.

Look, we ALL knew this was gonna turn out this way when we saw the first looks-like-a-10-year-old-made the flyer, and heard it was being built in an Italian garage that produces 60-1 MAMEs.

The good news is with Mighty Melissa handling the cash, people might not have their money stolen this time.

But, clearly, this project is going to take YEARS, and when people get their games, they are going to be lemons that will require several Pinside threads to keep functioning. The game is obviously years away from being saleable so I would advise buyers to settle in for the long haul.

Good luck to those taking the plunge! The rest of us will just watch with bemusement from the sidelines as usual.

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Wow! You know everything...
Pray you are right here or delete your account.

Come on noob ain't no account deleting going on here! It's pinside, everybody knows everything and is never wrong, except when they are wrong. There's literally no consequences for being a know it all around here.

Seeing as how you are new to this I can forgive you for not having seen this movie before. This is like Rocky 7 for most of us, we know how it's gonna turn out.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'd swear this guy works for stern.... Dude, your peace of shit LZLE sucked! Tell Gary to stop fucking with us with this junk!..
No more Yacht money... it's trending! "GME MEETS STERN". Love it! Fuck the bean counters! Stop buying Stern!!!

LOL @ "peace of shit."

This guy is operating on a 2nd grade literacy level. My post didn't even mention Stern.

I think you need some fresh air. Go for a walk or something!

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Yikes!, apologizeez. Had a few with fam here last night. Guess I'm still pissed about LZ, thought I let it go.

I feel like this is a whole new era of promise in our relationship!

1 week later
#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everyone who owns an original and finally working Heighway SE, won't sell at any costs if not necessary.

This is a little dramatic. It's not like people will ONLY sell if they need it for ransom for a loved one, or need to buy a new kidney on the black market.

Sometimes people just want to make a few bucks!

1 week later
#2620 3 years ago

I’m starting to suspect they don’t actually have a working game assembled, nor a line set up to put them together.

Just a hunch! I’m probably wrong and they actually have a state of the art pinball assembly facility ready to crank these out. Probably just holding back on the photos to increase the dramatic tension.

1 week later
#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Cointaker loving the games they received or still no word?

I believe they are being tested at ASOA down in Florida.

#2706 3 years ago

He came, he was useless, he got moderated, he left.

RIP lamburg. You were a horrible poster.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well I feel pretty good for one day away from 50. I have my aches and pains here and there but take my vitamins and watch the weight. Sorry your dealing with all of that but at least your on the right side of the dirt.

I just turned 46 and I feel like shit. My eyes are suddenly going and I got other problems.

This has been the worst year of my life and it’s only February. Now I finally understand why old people are always pissed off!

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Losing some weight plus cutting out the sugar and the alcohol made a big difference for me. Being a fat kid I avoided contact sports growing up so that probably helped on the aches and pains. Hang in there the year has plenty of time to improve.

Well I shoulda done that 5 years ago which is part of the reason I’m having a shitty year. Anyway off the sugar and carbs now and I have lost some weight so trying to make the best of it.

Fortunately I wasn’t too good at football so I didn’t play long enough to cause lifelong problems so there’s that!

#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The aged care home called and they want their Alien thread back.

Speak up sonny!!

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

happy birthday you old farts ! honestly Levi, I would of guessed about 52-54 from your WFT toque pic in the NFL thread. and what happened to Delt31's inside scoop a month ago? pinside is slacking this weekend

Well don’t worry about it once these hair plugs take and the Botox works its magic I won’t look a day over 50! Coming before kickoff 2021!

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

nope you didn't..you were definitely talking out of your ass.

He wasn't talking out of his ass he was just naive. Pretty much anybody who believes they'll be playing their Italian Alien anytime soon is falling into the same trap.

Expect this project to drag out for years.

#2733 3 years ago

Why is that so ludicrous?

Even the MM remake took years from announcement to production and that project was headed by people who had already produced a pinball machine and wasn't being made in an Italian Ttochke factory. I don't think I need to go into the RAZA, Lebowski sagas that stuff should be pretty fresh in everybody's minds.

It honestly seems more ridiculous to me to expect that a year from now these will be in anybody's home - I'm not picking on Pinball Brothers just pointing out our shared past experiences. If I'm wrong you can all come back here and abuse me with gloating and I told you sos, it'll be a glorious cherry on top of your shiny new Alien sundaes!

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yes need Alien news. Sorry just being honest, I don’t really care about your birthdays or anything about your personal life

There is no Alien news.

But I’d be happy to tell you about my latest rash!

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I do not understand in the pinball industry that overpromise underdeliver is an accepted way to do business. .

You don't? That's because you left out a step:

1. overpromise
2. solicit and accept tons of advance money from people who should know better
3. Underdeliver

It works every single time, and these start ups all need capital to get their Italian factories running. If it didn't work, they'd stop doing it, but for thirsty pinheads the formula is always attractive. There's just something about being an "owner" - even if they really own nothing besides a piece of paper - that is just irresistable.

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Good info below from the PB Facebook page.... In summary, STFU, be patient, and stop trolling.

Anybody else disturbed by the use of an official PB employee using the word "paddles" to describe flippers? That's straight up "mom doesn't know anything about pinball but found one in her new basement" craigslist ad posting lingo!

Well, at the very least I hope they are using quality "rubber bumpers" in this "table!"

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, that's the least of my concern..it's a different country, with people who english is not their first language. Paddles...makes sense.

It does until you realize the rest of the entire world - including Italy - calls pinball "Flipper."

Paddles?!

#2802 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

What happened to the two (?) units that were on their way to Cointaker? Was that just Chinese whispers?

Covid. Weather. Take yer pick.

#2806 3 years ago

OK. The rest of the non-English speaking world calls pinball "flipper."

Hey whatever. Enjoy your paddle game.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's mighty white of the non English speaking world to use an English word. Even if it's the wrong one, it shows they are trying.

Hey, not for nothing, but we DID invent pinball and share it with the rest of the world. The least they could do is learn the correct nomenclature.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure i agree, that's why all us English speaking people call an automobile a Wagen. Because of the Germans who invented it and shared it with the rest of the world, so the least we can do is get the name right.

Our first bi-lingual cargument?!

Wunderbar!!!

I guess that answers my long-standing question: Do people in other countries also have a compulsion to compare everything in the world to cars?

#2854 3 years ago

The wagenument is kind of like cars.

Everybody is sick of them!

1 week later
#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think people are looking for things to be mad about. I watched that video multiple times and not once was I like..omg look at the dimples. I was more amazed at how shitty the video quality was in 2021, and how they clearly had no idea how to shoot a release video.

Their flyer looked like it was designed by a 10-year old after a case of Monster.

They social media guy thinks flippers are called "paddles."

I don't think anybody is surprised that there's some bumps in the road. Pinball isn't easy.

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

A new pin with a new play field shows dimples. Is that shocking?
After so many games on that new play field, no more dimples. Right?
Isn't that how it works?
My TWD had dimples at first when new but they didn't last long. Don't they even out over time with more and more games played? Mine did.
And how do we know the zeno head doesn't work? Was a shot made where it was supposed to activate but didn't? I really don't know, never got my hands on one to play or learn on.

Dimpling panic comes and goes with the tides. I kinda thought we were over the hump but it never really goes away.

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm puzzled by why you are posting here. You don't like these boutique pins, Alien, Lebowski, etc. You don't seem to like JJP. You like Stern. So...do you want an Alien?

I'm sorry, is this an Alien "owners' thread?"

WHat's up with all the thread policing today? If people don't like to read my posts, why not just ignore me? It's super easy.

To repeat a tired point, it's a forum based upon pinball discussion. If that's not your cup of tea you probably shouldn't come here.

Also not sure if you noticed, I don't give a shit about dimpling and think you guys should get over it. Big Alien dimple defender here.

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm Just curious why you are obsessed by these threads. You must be really interested in Alien, Lebowski, JJPOTC, etc... I actually own or have owned these games. Most of us are enthusiasts for the games. You seem to want reactions.

Be curious no more!

I'm super interested in the boutiques / scams / projects that go nowhere etc that create an almost cult-like following here.

Why do people always want what they can't have?

Why do they always pine for "innovation" that they can't explain?

Why do they spend large sums of money on games that don't exist?

Why does nobody want a game, until suddenly everybody wants a game and will pay $20,000 for it?

It's truly fascinating to me. You could say I'm obsessed.

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You just have to figure out of it's rivalry based or aggression based, certainly not justice based (suspect rivalry). Then it will become less interesting as you grow.

That reads like Deep Root hype copy.

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the game looks great but it’s like pulling teeth to even get good pictures of the game. I’ve seen for sale ads with better pictures.
I’ll give the presentation and release a F- so far. It’s almost as if the company is trying to make the rollout and release of information and pictures as horrible as possible.

Lowering expectations isn't a bad idea.

We've seen the opposite - over and over - and it's always a disaster!

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A moment of silence for Yaphet Kotto. RIP.

Not Mr Big!!!!

Great character actor RIP

1 week later
#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

It’s because of poor (or no) marketing that pinball is not expanding beyond the same base that’s existed for 30-50 years already. The average person under 35 has never played a pinball machine.

New Pinball is in rolling stone magazine, tons of gaming web sites, rock n roll websites...I mean what do you want them to do, buy a Super Bowl ad?

Pinball in the modern era - growing as it is - is ALWAYS going to be a niche interest. The "average person" is not the audience for pinball and wasting time and resources trying to force that to happen is not feasible.

#3041 3 years ago

Man these games don't even exist yet and already dreaming of cheap plastic crap to hot glue all over them?

Take it easy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.