20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 82.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m happy that this great pin is getting remade so others who want one can enjoy it.

Hopefully you didn't lose any connections/friends by letting , Schodinger's cat out of the box. I hope it's alive.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

... I’m happy that this great pin is getting remade so others who want one can enjoy it.

It is?

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Alien's electronics were very over-built. They used MCUs on their node boards that were about 4x more powerful (ahem expensive) than they needed to be. On top of this they did noob stuff like use an expensive FTDI232 converter IC even though the MCUs had built in USB support. I know this because it's the same noob stuff I did early on.
Also yes, a BBB would probably struggle with HD LCD video assets.

Are FTDI's like $2? I used one on a project and swore it was dirt cheap. In any case, having used both in a project, depending on the processor you're using, the FTDI may be a much better choice. There was an ATMEL chip I was using where the USB to PC connection had issues with the amount of data but the serial port USB through the FTDI didn't, mainly because I think the library code for the ATMEL USB was not optimized enough. Yes, you could go rewrite all that driver code that 'might' solve the issue, or use a $2 chip that solves it. I don't know if they ran into similar issues, but some of the USB libraries of these less power processors aren't great (in fact the libraries in general sometimes are pretty slow).

#404 5 years ago

yup indeed, note there isn't any mention of IPR on the entire proceedings.

Quoted from knockerlover:

Hard to prove what assets were bought by pinball brothers prior to bankruptcy, vs pulled out of Heighway..
One things that’s interesting to me, is Andrew Heighway, one of the pinball brothers Daniel Janson (free-play.se) who is selling this alien parts, and pinball brothers themselves are all listed as creditors on the Heighway bankruptcy...

so how was the license or the IPR of the platform transferred and under what terms; It is very easy to prove, as there must be paperwork and FOX must have agreed to transfer the license.

Quoted from iceman44:

I’d say that’s some pretty ridiculous speculation
You don’t hear anybody whining or suing about not getting paid
The previous fraud is 100% on Andrew
Let’s let the facts come out. The full release of the Mueller report I mean Alien project will be released soon!

Actually you do Ice, plenty of folks are unhappy about it. Oh he is not innocent for sure but that's a different issue. Who owns the Alien license? And the queen license? who owns the IPR for the design of the machines, how was that sold on and the funds distributed from that? In the UK transferring assets between companies that have an overlapping directors/board is frowned upon and as a director in the UK that has transferred assets let me tell you that its non-trivial and the HMRC are pretty aggressive when they see it and they have upto 5 years to follow up.

Not saying its a slam dunk but there is £300K of customers at least that need sorting out first and its not acceptable that PB just lift assets and start building as if nothing had happened.

Neil.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah this unholy alliance is bound to work out for both of them.

Last thing I've heard was that you're invited...

Go for it and enlighten 'em.

That ought to be funny (for the listener at least).

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone give this man a podcast!

Quoted from JodyG:

He pretty much has one...he speaks through Kaneda apparently.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah this unholy alliance is bound to work out for both of them.

Well pinball is a small world. It's like Melrose Place, stick around and everyone has to hook up with everyone else eventually.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup indeed, note there isn't any mention of IPR on the entire proceedings.

so how was the license or the IPR of the platform transferred and under what terms; It is very easy to prove, as there must be paperwork and FOX must have agreed to transfer the license.

Actually you do Ice, plenty of folks are unhappy about it. Oh he is not innocent for sure but that's a different issue. Who owns the Alien license? And the queen license? who owns the IPR for the design of the machines, how was that sold on and the funds distributed from that? In the UK transferring assets between companies that have an overlapping directors/board is frowned upon and as a director in the UK that has transferred assets let me tell you that its non-trivial and the HMRC are pretty aggressive when they see it and they have upto 5 years to follow up.
Not saying its a slam dunk but there is £300K of customers at least that need sorting out first and its not acceptable that PB just lift assets and start building as if nothing had happened.
Neil.

Why don't we let things play out and get negotiated.

Licensing was canceled due to "non performance" and "violating" the terms, and thus subject to being picked up by anybody. And so it was.

In fact, the remaining games that they finished up weren't supposed to have the little Fox logo on the lit cab panels. Mine does however. A little oversight with remaining inventory.

As for "lifting assets", I assume you mean like Jpop and MG deliveries. Everything is out in the open and you can see a director being added recently. They have every right to make an Alien pin with that license acquisition. That is simple. What they owe, if anything in prior damages, that's another matter.

The LAST thing i would worry about if i was PB is "litigation". There is no unjust enrichment or promissory estoppel or any other claim to be had. They themselves are "creditors".

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from pincil8:

Hopefully you didn't lose any connections/friends by letting , Schodinger's cat out of the box. I hope it's alive.

Shit happens. I shouldn't have said anything to Kman, that's on me. I'm sure he regrets it for the moment! Like i said, he and i have a long history with Alien and Jpop.

But hey, might as well get it out there and start paving the way and bulldozing the negative BS now.

Either way its just a F ing pinball machine! It's not the F ing Mueller report

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I chose not to sell my LE for $17k for a variety of reasons. One is I paid $10k for it and didn’t want to take advantage of anybody.
Despite beating down the value of my game significantly, I’m happy that this great pin is getting remade so others who want one can enjoy it.

Really?????????Perhaps next time you put it on the market ask half what you paid for it because it is secondhand.That way you can be sure you are not taking advantage of anybody.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Really?????????Perhaps next time you put it on the market ask half what you paid for it because it is secondhand.That way you can be sure you are not taking advantage of anybody.

Are you nuts dude? He has a game that he probably could have sold for 15-17K and made 5-7 thousand dollars profit but chooses not too because he doesn’t feel like its right to do that to someone because he is thinking that they may be remade soon for less money and you are going to rag on him??? Also who in the hell buys a game and sells it for half of what they paid for it?

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also who in the hell buys a game and sells it for half of what they paid for it?

Hobbit owners...

Jk.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Hobbit owners...
Jk.

Hiyo!

#413 5 years ago

I dont see this pin ever being remade. Maybe a completely new redesign and layout, but not the Heighway. The "current" alien is one of the best in my collection, but requires tender care and love. Maybe too much at times, Im thinking about getting a divorce.
Oh ! and plus it fell on top of me and broke my leg.. definitely thinking a divorce.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why don't we let things play out and get negotiated.
Licensing was canceled due to "non performance" and "violating" the terms, and thus subject to being picked up by anybody. And so it was.
In fact, the remaining games that they finished up weren't supposed to have the little Fox logo on the lit cab panels. Mine does however. A little oversight with remaining inventory.
As for "lifting assets", I assume you mean like Jpop and MG deliveries. Everything is out in the open and you can see a director being added recently. They have every right to make an Alien pin with that license acquisition. That is simple. What they owe, if anything in prior damages, that's another matter.
The LAST thing i would worry about if i was PB is "litigation". There is no unjust enrichment or promissory estoppel or any other claim to be had. They themselves are "creditors".

Is it too obvious that Deeproot picked up the licence?

What do Deeproot and Iceman have in common - Texas!

Hmmmmmmm

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont see this pin ever being remade. Maybe a completely new redesign and layout, but not the Heighway. The "current" alien is one of the best in my collection, but requires tender care and love. Maybe too much at times, Im thinking about getting a divorce.
Oh ! and plus it fell on top of me and broke my leg.. definitely thinking a divorce.

You've had a rough go, for sure......

I think it was brought up early on that while the final rev of the game is quite solid, there are still things to "finish" on engineering side, and with no factory support (or even a schematic) can certainly be a bit daunting. There have been other titles that were released in far worse condition, but they had a factory support team to sort through the bugs, update the mechs, etc.

Mine has become quite reliable (nightly player), but spent substantial time under the hood initially to get it that way (still a couple odds and ends on the "to do" list). Extreme over engineering on one hand, extreme oversight on other. Given the extremely small # that actually are final runs living in the US, a new version would be cool to see, so others could get to play/ own one....

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You've had a rough go, for sure......
I think it was brought up early on that while the final rev of the game is quite solid, there are still things to "finish" on engineering side, and with no factory support (or even a schematic) can certainly be a bit daunting. There have been other titles that were released in far worse condition, but they had a factory support team to sort through the bugs, update the mechs, etc.
Mine has become quite reliable (nightly player), but spent substantial time under the hood initially to get it that way (still a couple odds and ends on the "to do" list). Extreme over engineering on one hand, extreme oversight on other. Given the extremely small # that actually are final runs living in the US, a new version would be cool to see, so others could get to play/ own one....

I only have a few things to do then my machine is 100% back to mint:

1) the left topper siren became bent when it fell over, I have a replacement, but have to install it
2) The left ramp switch gets hung up sometimes, time for some bending!
3) the launcher works if its angled up with some washers, I have done this but it comes loose at times, maybe need to tighten the bolts better
4) since falling the back two eggs light up and then don't sometimes

That is all.. so not bad, two issues were because it fell on its side. Should be easy fixes.

#417 5 years ago

TWIP lists this CGC Remake in it's April Fools headline.

Look guys... This isn't going to happen.

Let it go...

#418 5 years ago

You must have to be an insider to see the actual story of that....

Anyways, so you are saying that everything in the April 1st article is bull? Damnit! I had my hopes up BK:SoR was revealed. Guess Ill have to wait for that one.....

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

TWIP lists this CGC Remake in it's April Fools headline.
Look guys... This isn't going to happen.
Let it go...

Once again, it’s happening.

As to who builds them for USA, that’s not settled yet as far as I know

All you naysayers and doubters, take advantage of me.

I’ll wager $500 or whatever you want and take all comers!

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ill take that bet, can we do 100.00 though?

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Make sure you specify all the details! What has to happen (announcement or a remake by manufacturer X? prototype reveal? games actually shipping?) And by what specific date?

I once thought I won $20 betting on AFMr retail pricing, but we worded our bet so badly that we both thought we'd won and ultimately had to agree that no one should get paid. A very sorry outcome.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it is unknown whom will build these games, there is no deal. This is some man's pipe dream and is barely worthy of rumor status in an Insiders club. Until Pinball Brothers redesigns the game, builds samples, tests until proven reliable, selects a contract manufacturer, works out a funding plan, addresses vendors and debtors whom they stiffed, receives & QC's enough components to build 100 games, builds a service department capable of providing support and learns how to communicate with customers - they aren't a real company.

Odds of PB making and selling 100 Alien games in 2019 < 1%. Odds of a new game being made with same sized monitors, Xeno head, sleep lock and lit cabinet art and being offered in 2019 for $9k delivered, just like the original, is 0%.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

we worded our bet so badly that we both thought we'd won and ultimately had to agree that no one should get paid.

That's how the vast majority of these d*ck-swinging internet bets end. Probably best for all involved to not wager. Maybe just a beer between friends or something.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

what's the proof?
if it is in negotiation because figuring out the production cost, licensing and everything what makes you so sure about anything?

I mean you seem like the pin is under production.
At least share something relevant, it would be great.

and... why are you alowed to share it if it's even happening?

I may get one soon so it would be great that this is not just another rumor.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not a naysayer, but besides the felt business joint there are enough other problems you have to adress to get this game made...

It might be better to start pretty much from scratch and use the general playfield layout and assets than to port soft- & hardware, reengineer stuff to get it more relieable and maybe get into legal issues.

That said yes, I think they're looking into their options to get some of their money back, but that may also be 'licensing' their general layout, assets and theme to someone like AP on a per game basis.

If they would redo this, put mustache Alien somewhere as well as some rubberduckeys or a monkey, that'd be an incredible hit guaranteed.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you nuts dude? He has a game that he probably could have sold for 15-17K and made 5-7 thousand dollars profit but chooses not too because he doesn’t feel like its right to do that to someone because he is thinking that they may be remade soon for less money and you are going to rag on him??? Also who in the hell buys a game and sells it for half of what they paid for it?

Not nuts!Just stating when one sounds so pious that he did not sell his machine because he did not want someone to pay top dollar?Yea sure sell it for half.Problem solved.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You got it. Thx for the donation!

#428 5 years ago

Realistically, nobody is going to take me up on it so it’s just in fun....

Jeff, you need to pay attention son, you are way behind the curve!

Once again, it wasn’t supposed to get out. It did, no big deal

Believe it or not, I don’t really give a F

Just trying to be helpful now

And Gold, why the F would I sell a game i love much less for 1/2. That wasn’t the point, get it? Can I make any clearer for you?

#429 5 years ago

Some of you guys can scratch your heads in disbelief all you want

I’m not gonna say another word about it

See you at the reveal . Or not

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Realistically, nobody is going to take me up on it so it’s just in fun....

I already made my bet! And I can't wait for the sweet taste of victory bourbon to kiss my lips!

Or an epic Texas-sized welch which will echo through the ages. Either way I'm happy!

Not sure if anybody else around here has the stones though...

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I already made my bet! And I can't wait for the sweet taste of victory bourbon to kiss my lips!
Or an epic Texas-sized welch which will echo through the ages. Either way I'm happy!
Not sure if anybody else around here has the stones though...

Yes Levi, we are on. Tequila or bourbon

Nobody has the stones to go $500, unless you’d like to up it?

Texans don’t Welch bets. You can ask Rotordave

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you guys can scratch your heads in disbelief all you want
I’m not gonna say another word about it
See you at the reveal . Or not

At least we know one thing: you don’t know when it’s gonna be revealed and if it will be
But you don’t give a F.

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes Levi, we are on. Tequila or bourbon
Nobody has the stones to go $500, unless you’d like to up it?
Texans don’t Welch bets. You can ask Rotordave

I already had a new nickname picked out for ya Welchman44!!!

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I already had a new nickname picked out for ya Welchman44!!!
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Gimme a break Levi!

It’s all good fun. And deep down you know I’m right

I’ll send Kaneda over to pick it up for me

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

At least we know one thing: you don’t know when it’s gonna be revealed and if it will be
But you don’t give a F.

You got the last part right!

#436 5 years ago

I heard that Mel Gibson just signed to star in Conspiracy Theory 2, in which his character has inside knowledge that a failed pinball game is going to be made after all...or is it?

#437 5 years ago

Fuck yeah! I'd love to see more Alien pins made!

I can be honest and say I'd rather the rarity remain for the value of my game, but I just want more people the be able to experience this game. So, bring on AlienR!!!

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You got it. Thx for the donation!

Ok so 100.00 if they don’t remake alien in the next 12
Months ? How’s that sound ?

#439 5 years ago

I think any machine that has been developed, as in past tense, has some intrinsic value, wether the theme remains a viable license or not. That the IP is linked closely with the mechs, such as the Xenomorph, makes it more difficult to reuse the exisisting engineering, but even to wipe “Alien” off the playfield, the machine design has some worth still. If a company can secure the license, then why not reuse what works, ditch what doesn’t and keep on plugging. Seems like an easy call if the IP is cheep enough, and the license securable. I would not bet against another Alien machine in the future, but an exact replica of the existing table is probobly not going to happen, imo.

#440 5 years ago

Like TBL, the license is probably beyond expired.

In addition Fox consumer licensing was one of the first to go with Mickey's Thanos Snap after they took over.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok so 100.00 if they don’t remake alien in the next 12
Months ? How’s that sound ?

Holy crap those are generous terms.

I gave him 75 days and felt taken advantage of.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Fuck yeah! I'd love to see more Alien pins made!
I can be honest and say I'd rather the rarity remain for the value of my game, but I just want more people the be able to experience this game. So, bring on AlienR!!!

My brother from another mother! Finally someone that gets it.

Bunch of negative M fers running rampant here but its to be expected.

Quoted from benheck:

Like TBL, the license is probably beyond expired.

Yes, and now reacquired. Hard for some people to fathom that possibility apparently.

Quoted from Bublehead:

I would not bet against another Alien machine in the future, but an exact replica of the existing table is probobly not going to happen, imo.

Exactly what i've been saying Bubble. Again, same PF, reworked mechs, code, assemblies, etc., using Williams cab and parts.

IS THE ABOVE CLEARLY WRITTEN OR NOT?

If some of you hard headed M fer's don't want to believe, who cares, its a pinball machine and its GREAT news for people that wanted and love Alien.

#443 5 years ago

I’ll bet $1M against it happening.

disclaimer - I’m not rich enough to bet anybody $1M

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Holy crap those are generous terms.
I gave him 75 days and felt taken advantage of.

No one is remaking Alien. Its impossible, its finished, its done. Ill stand by this. But I can give Ice 100.00 if Im wrong, he should give 100.00 if Im right. What say you iceman!

#445 5 years ago

If this rumor is as legit as the TBL one, the future is looking bright!

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No one is remaking Alien. Its impossible, its finished, its done. Ill stand by this. But I can give Ice 100.00 if Im wrong, he should give 100.00 if Im right. What say you iceman!

We are on Oneangrymo! Are you sure that Alien pin didn't drop on your head. JK

Some good fun drama here for a while, short while.....

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are on Oneangrymo! Are you sure that Alien pin didn't drop on your head. JK
Some good fun drama here for a while, short while.....

No only the left leg. Its almost back to normal now, going down the stairs cracks a bit, but at least Im working out again.

#448 5 years ago

Ice I really think a remake would be awesome! There is something different about this game over every other game I have owned...this is the first game I'm keeping bolted down... We all know the story around this game just sucked, but the game itself is a treat. I play it daily and have only had a flipper coil and a mosfet go bad, other than that it's been solid! Regardless I think originals will still be going for good money...if it does come out I might just buy it also lol

Hope others get a chance to enjoy this in a home environment...
P.S. add a subwoofer and turn the volume up when you play, the sounds sucks you in ridiculously!

15542474821714303618659134918203.jpg15542474821714303618659134918203.jpg
#449 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ice I really think a remake would be awesome! There is something different about this game over every other game I have owned...this is the first game I'm keeping bolted down... We all know the story around this game just sucked, but the game itself is a treat. I play it daily and have only had a flipper coil and a mosfet go bad, other than that it's been solid! Regardless I think originals will still be going for good money...if it does come out I might just buy it also lol
Hope others get a chance to enjoy this in a home environment...
P.S. add a subwoofer and turn the volume up when you play, the sounds sucks you in ridiculously![quoted image]

Is that a light inside your pincup?? Looks sick!

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is that a light inside your pincup?? Looks sick!

MustangPaul Volcano mod yeppers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.