20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 82.
#4001 2 years ago

next container is on the way guys...

#4002 2 years ago

I finally got to play a game on location. It was very enjoyable and if I had another dollar I surely would have played it. The mouth on ball thing I wasn't inticipating and really got into the theme after that point. My only complaint are the flipper buttons, deal breaker for me. Loose, clicky, plasticky,like a 1up arcade game and no pressure on them unlike a Stern. The rest of the game was a hit.

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I finally got to play a game on location. It was very enjoyable and if I had another dollar I surely would have played it. The mouth on ball thing I wasn't inticipating and really got into the theme after that point. My only complaint are the flipper buttons, deal breaker for me. Loose, clicky, plasticky,like a 1up arcade game and no pressure on them unlike a Stern. The rest of the game was a hit.

You can adjust those to be less sensitive.

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You can adjust those to be less sensitive.

What do you mean? You can't adjust how a flipper button 'physically' feels without replacing the flipper button mechs.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What do you mean? You can't adjust how a flipper button 'physically' feels without replacing the flipper button mechs.

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Replace the buttons if you don't like the way the buttons feel. I agree they are a bit sensitive, but like said previously, you can easily adjust them to be less sensitive by bending the leaf switch.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. Replace the buttons if you don't like the way the buttons feel. I agree they are a bit sensitive, but like said previously, you can easily adjust them to be less sensitive by bending the leaf switch.

which has nothing to do with what his comment was about...

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

which has nothing to do with what his comment was about...

Personally, I have no problem with the flipper buttons... They seem as good of quality as any pinball machine I have ever played.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Personally, I have no problem with the flipper buttons... They seem as good of quality as any pinball machine I have ever played.

I was curious because I know that the leaf switch flipper buttons you can buy for virtual cabs, etc are...not the best feeling. Thought maybe that was what was being used here.

#4010 2 years ago

Easy fix for flipper button feel.
I like the Stern feel of flipper buttons.

So my TBL (& sure my future Aliens) needed spring change.

You can take apart the flipper button and replace with a stiffer spring.

After that they feel like Sterns. Like they are leaf switches behind them.

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I noticed they are too sensitive for me. So I mentioned that they can be adjusted to be less sensitive. I don't have a problem with how they feel.
Some buttons have a spring inside and some don't. If it has a spring you can pop the button apart and stretch it. If they don't have the spring, you can replace them with ones that do.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

You can adjust the switches to be more stuff. Mike just chose to have them that way since they were too sensitive at first.

#4013 2 years ago

Got Gen 2 stand up targets. Good thing...they don't stick. Bad....3 out of 5 don't register.
These need a rework.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got Gen 2 stand up targets. Good thing...they don't stick. Bad....3 out of 5 don't register.
These need a rework.

Hopefully the gen3 switches that are being developed will address these issues - I wonder whether it'll be a move to leaf switches or another re-work of the Gen1/Gen2 design

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hopefully the gen3 switches that are being developed will address these issues - I wonder whether it'll be a move to leaf switches or another re-work of the Gen1/Gen2 design

Im leaning toward a rework by the sub and the next delivery (of machines) will include upgraded switches.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Im leaning toward a rework by the sub and the next delivery (of machines) will include upgraded switches.

Yes. I hope you are right.

#4017 2 years ago

Is this a hope, or something you heard?

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is this a hope, or something you heard?

Hope.
Given what I know about industry and FAR Part 10 of pinball…that is my guess as to why no one has heard anything.

Was an Alien in Allentown, PA this weekend?

#4019 2 years ago

Hope.
Given what I know about industry and FAR Part 10 of pinball…that is my guess as to why no one has heard anything.

Ok

Hopefully.

#4020 2 years ago

No Alien at Allentown...I wish they had.

#4021 2 years ago

A friend of mine (non-pinsider) is looking at getting the game. If theoretically he put a deposit down now, what is the wait time for game to arrive. Is each shipment improving on the out of box issues I have been reading about? Just looking for honest feedback on what realistically to expect as I am his "Tech support"

#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

A friend of mine (non-pinsider) is looking at getting the game. If theoretically he put a deposit down now, what is the wait time for game to arrive. Is each shipment improving on the out of box issues I have been reading about? Just looking for honest feedback on what realistically to expect as I am his "Tech support"

No one knows at this point. The first official shipment hasn't even completely arrived yet.

It does appear they are trying to make improvements, but it's odd that all the time they had to prepare at a second go, that some of these out of the box on the most used parts of the game were not improved upon prior to release. But at least they seem to be making an effort to improve.

#4023 2 years ago

Probability dictates fixes will not be in the shipment that is just arriving @ Cointaker. High probably for stand up fix with next shipment along with getting the first two shipments “working” stand-ups.

3 weeks later
#4024 2 years ago

Haven't checked this thread in a while - doesn't look good....

nuke.gifnuke.gif
#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Haven't checked this thread in a while - doesn't look good....[quoted image]

You're on the wrong thread!

Go here.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Haven't checked this thread in a while - doesn't look good....[quoted image]

Thread is dead , but games are trickling out. Support has been top notch for those with problems.

I just got mine and have a couple of minor issues , but the nuclear bomb was diffused and some firecrackers exploded instead.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thread is dead , but games are trickling out. Support has been top notch for those with problems.
I just got mine and have a couple of minor issues , but the nuclear bomb was diffused and some firecrackers exploded instead.

What issues did you have?

#4028 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

What issues did you have?

Main issue now is that I don't play my other games anymore because I'm always on Alien. Other than that I could not be happier.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Main issue now is that I don't play my other games anymore because I'm always on Alien. Other than that I could not be happier.

REally great to hear that some are shipped issue free! Was getting a bit worried there for a moment! Enjoy it!!

#4030 2 years ago

Reached out to Melissa and it sounds like the first (?) batch of Q2 games are shipping soon. Looking forward to this one!

2 weeks later
#4031 2 years ago

For anyone sitting on the sidelines..

I received my game yesterday.. I believe I am around #34. Aside from a missing nut on a ramp, and needing to tweak the v2 targets to not stick, so far everything is working great. Xeno is working as expected, and catching the ball at least 95% of the time under the latest code. I've only had the glass off once to grab a stuck ball behind a ramp. Not to shit on anyone else, but by comparison I had the glass off my R&M more times than I can remember in the first 24 hours and beyond.

Point being anyone concerned about build quality, it looks like they are quickly adjusting and improving. I don't have any complaints as of yet.

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Reached out to Melissa and it sounds like the first (?) batch of Q2 games are shipping soon. Looking forward to this one!

Spoke to M at CT yesterday.... Aliens are on Ship supposedly loaded yesterday.. 3 weeks till stateside (Oct 7th-ish)

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Spoke to M at CT yesterday.... Aliens are on Ship supposedly loaded yesterday.. 3 weeks till stateside (Oct 7th-ish)

Are these Q2 shipments?

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Are these Q2 shipments?

Should be, I believe all the Q1 orders have been delivered.

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Are these Q2 shipments?

Not sure TBH. didnt ask.. however i am a

Quoted from Zablon:

I think Q3 mixed in.. i say that as i am a Q3 purchaser and i am paid in full and in this batch.

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Not sure TBH. didnt ask.. however i am a

I think Q3 mixed in.. i say that as i am a Q3 purchaser and i am paid in full and in this batch.

That's wild. I'm a Q2 and I haven't received anything about an invoice. Are you sure you're in Q3? I placed my order on March 2nd.

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nope, I'm day 1 order for Q1 and just got my invoice this past week.

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

That's wild. I'm a Q2 and I haven't received anything about an invoice. Are you sure you're in Q3? I placed my order on March 2nd.

Me too. Q2. Late February and haven't heard anything. Not upset as long as everything is solid.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Nope, I'm day 1 order for Q1 and just got my invoice this past week.

That's weird...wonder if CT got some of the games out of order. I was 34 of 35 (Q1) and paid back in May. I suppose what may have happened is some people dropped out or changed to LV queue, and so my number moved up...

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's weird...wonder if CT got some of the games out of order. I was 34 of 35 (Q1) and paid back in May. I suppose what may have happened is some people dropped out or changed to LV queue, and so my number moved up...

I believe with the pending announcement of LV next week this is a possibility.

#4041 2 years ago

I posted in the other thread I’m an early Q2 (December) and mine is on this shipment coming.

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I posted in the other thread I’m an early Q2 (December) and mine is on this shipment coming.

such an exciting time right now... i cannot wait.. i have gone all in on mods already, wife is gonna freak.

#4043 2 years ago

I still dont have a good comparison of the old ones vs new ones. Is it worth changing it up, or is the same. are you guys having technical issues or not. Please elaborate.. it would be awesome to hear from those that had a heighway and went to pinball brothers.

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:I still dont have a good comparison of the old ones vs new ones. Is it worth changing it up, or is the same. are you guys having technical issues or not. Please elaborate.. it would be awesome to hear from those that had a heighway and went to pinball brothers.

I had an original but decided to take a chance on a remake. After having them both side by side for a couple months I determined that for ME it was an easy choice to get rid of the original. The gameplay is better for me with the magnet set up for the top right flipper. Also looooove the back entrance to the airlock. Sometimes it just dribbles in and it's very satisfying. Speaking of satisfying, the physical ball lock also adds serious satisfaction which in turn makes shooting for the apc targets more fun as you have to hit them to light the lock. I know people will scream sacrilege but I'm sorry, I'm having to much fun to even notice the missing playfield screen. Gameplay is way better in my opinion.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I still dont have a good comparison of the old ones vs new ones. Is it worth changing it up, or is the same. are you guys having technical issues or not. Please elaborate.. it would be awesome to hear from those that had a heighway and went to pinball brothers.

Only issue I had was a bad board and Cato diagnosed it and shipped it in less than 48 hours. After that, no problems.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did you already pay full invoice? I’m dec 21st order and haven’t heard a thing.

#4047 2 years ago

Anyone have any information on any Alien owner who may be working on the topper beacons for this pin?

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Anyone have any information on any Alien owner who may be working on the topper beacons for this pin?

Firmware does not support the topper beacons yet (though the options are there). Any topper beacons at this point would be a hack. I think better off waiting for the official firmware.

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Did you already pay full invoice? I’m dec 21st order and haven’t heard a thing.

I'm Dec. 20th Q2, and fully invoiced. Maybe you're in the next batch?

#4050 2 years ago

I just got this game, supplied in EU via RS Pinball.

PB is not supplying standards at the moment because they are building LV’s (that make much more cash), is what I heard. first LV’s will ship from announcement date.

I don’t work there so don’t know if true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/81?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.