20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 82.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How well does sliding the PF out and in work? When you slide the PF forward to stand it upright, does it lock into the position or do you just need to hold it forward as you stand the PF up? If you could post a few pics of the slide mech, that'd be great. Thanks

Let me see what I can do later today. It is an interesting system and works well.

#3952 2 years ago

Here is gameplay from last night’s stream of Alien (PB). I will most likely stream it again on Tuesday 6/22/21.

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I keep the videos on Twitch for 60 days and I also back up the stream to my YouTube channel under HurryUpPinball. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So clean under, lot's of room for mods..HAHA

#3954 2 years ago

First day of summer - any promising leads on details of Alien LV edition out there?

Leads? (resized).pngLeads? (resized).png
#3955 2 years ago

Hi. Anyone hear when the next container ofPB Alien Std Editions are shipping out! Heard I would be on next one and trying to gauge timing.

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Anyone hear when the next container ofPB Alien Std Editions are shipping out! Heard I would be on next one and trying to gauge timing.

There hasn't been any mention on the threads as to the ETA of the next container. For the first container Lethal_Inc got a copy of the shipping document from Melissa at CT which has the ship name the container is on as well as the planned arrival date in the US. From there ppl were able to track the boat on https://www.vesselfinder.com - think it arrived a few days after the arrival date listed on the shipping document. So maybe worth asking Melissa.

Hope this helps

#3957 2 years ago

So now that more owners have had some time on their new machines... anything new to report quality-wise? Still on the fence a bit myself, waiting to hear more feedback from owners.

#3958 2 years ago

I would say if you haven't jumped on it just yet...wait. I am actually hoping the 2nd ship isn't loaded with games yet (or boxed for that matter) until they get some more issues worked out. The good news, is they appear to be making progress.

#3959 2 years ago

Mine is playing fine.

#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is playing fine.

sooo 1 out of how many?

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is playing fine.

Mine had a bad opto PCB for the BALL 1 LOCK mechanism. Replacement mech should arrive today. Other than that, only minor issues.

#3962 2 years ago

Mine is unplayable as most of the switches on the right side of the playfield are not registering. They are suppose to send me a replacement I/O board #6 to which they are out of stock until next week. I’m pretty disappointed to say the least but what can ya do.

#3963 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Mine is unplayable as most of the switches on the right side of the playfield are not registering. They are suppose to send me a replacement I/O board #6 to which they are out of stock until next week. I’m pretty disappointed to say the least but what can ya do.

Not get FOMO?

#3964 2 years ago

FOMO has nothing to do with it. Wanting to play a game I have a lot of interest in does.

#3965 2 years ago

Fomo?

(I already regret asking!)

#3966 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fomo?
(I already regret asking!)

Fear of missing out.

#3967 2 years ago

ANY recent news on the LV’s at all?

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

ANY recent news on the LV’s at all?

You will see 50 new posts here when that info's released.

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You will see 50 new posts here when that info's released.

I say over 100....lol

#3970 2 years ago

Tomorrow I have to decide between Alien and Holloween and it would have been nice to know what the LV had to offer.

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Tomorrow I have to decide between Alien and Holloween and it would have been nice to know what the LV had to offer.

Ultraman looks really good!

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ultraman looks really good!

It does but without a monster mech to interact with Halloween makes more sense to me.

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Interested in LV and plopped my down payment on one in the future but bought a HWN CE to support Spooky. And I’m a horror/sci-fi fanatic.

No more room but the bed can go in the yard. Priorities.

#3974 2 years ago

I was so excited to see an Alian at the arcade tonight and was excited to play it. I put a dollar in and it asked me to select a story. Nothing.
Then it finally says to launch the ball and it never gave me one. Nothing
I stood there and watched this thing robb me by adding 1100 points out of no where and a ball every minute. After 3 minutes I spent a dollar and got ..nothing. Strangest thing I have ever seen a pin do. The only thing I can review is the flipper buttons seemed to be very clicky and cheap but maybe it had something to do with the problem?

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was so excited to see an Alian at the arcade tonight and was excited to play it. I put a dollar in and it asked me to select a story. Nothing.
Then it finally says to launch the ball and it never gave me one. Nothing
I stood there and watched this thing robb me by adding 1100 points out of no where and a ball every minute. After 3 minutes I spent a dollar and got ..nothing. Strangest thing I have ever seen a pin do. The only thing I can review is the flipper buttons seemed to be very clicky and cheap but maybe it had something to do with the problem?

Which make of Alien was it - Heighway (with the embedded LCD in the middle of the PF) or Pinball Brothers (no LCD in the PF)?

#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Which make of Alien was it - Heighway (with the embedded LCD in the middle of the PF) or Pinball Brothers (no LCD in the PF)?

The new pinball brothers. The place said they have had many problems with it. Hopefully it gets worked out but its brand new.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The new pinball brothers. The place said they have had many problems with it. Hopefully it gets worked out but its brand new.

Sounds like opto issues to me. There are two adjustments that need to be made (I just made these adjustments last night.) The first is a minor issue with the trough plunger positioning that has been discussed here earlier. If the plunger position is too high, the ball can get stuck behind it and not activate the opto. The second issue is with the ball lock mechanism. The hole is too small on the right side of the part of the mech that slides up and down. Cato informed me that PB has altered the design of this so that the hole is bigger and suggested that I could drill the hole bigger in the meantime. Cato said 1 mm, but I had to drill it about twice the size of the other hole. I played several games last night and haven't had any problems with the ball lock mech. Still monitoring though.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The only issue I had last night that caused my game to become unplayable is the ball pops up and gets stuck sitting on top of the upper right flipper in rare cases. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was your solution? I reported it to PB, but not sure what the best fix for this is yet. It seems that some additional part is necessary to prevent it from getting stuck in there.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Yesterday, I also sanded down my flipper bushings, which totally solved the issue with sticky flippers. Tightened a few screws here and there. I believe I do have problems with the Rev. 1 weapons targets, but I'm sure PB will get us some reliable targets soon. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but part of the fun of owning this machine is working through some of the initial issues.

#3978 2 years ago

Excited for Alien LV features.

Hopefully they resolve all of the common issues that you guys had on the first run of the standards when additional standards / the LV is ready to ship. Is the LV features reveal still slated for October ?

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Excited for Alien LV features.
Hopefully they resolve all of the common issues that you guys had on the first run of the standards when additional standards / the LV is ready to ship. Is the LV features reveal still slated for October ?

I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all these issues are resolved by then.

Just give me a interactive topper and maybe some side art, not asking for much...HAHA.

#3980 2 years ago

Crap, I stopped in here to check how this game was doing, as I’m trying to decide between this and Halloween, but I think I made my decision with all these issues I’m reading about. I’m sure they will get it all worked out eventually

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crap, I stopped in here to check how this game was doing, as I’m trying to decide between this and Halloween, but I think I made my decision with all these issues I’m reading about. I’m sure they will get it all worked out eventually

And you don’t think Halloween will have issues? Being a new game…

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The only issue I had last night that caused my game to become unplayable is the ball pops up and gets stuck sitting on top of the upper right flipper in rare cases. Has anyone else seen this? If so, what was your solution? I reported it to PB, but not sure what the best fix for this is yet. It seems that some additional part is necessary to prevent it from getting stuck in there.

You could try putting an clear or black adhesive bumper dot (https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Adhesive-Bumper-Dots-Pads/dp/B07P79M7QS) on the top of the flipper - even as a temporary fix until PB have a solution.

#3983 2 years ago

Yeah, Halloween is going to have issues, it's got a ton of mechs. If you haven't ordered a Halloween by now, you are looking at at least 12 months wait time anyway. Of course, I don't know what the wait time is on an Alien at this point.

Of course, if you can..get both

I'm going to hold for Halloween and maybe try to pick up a used one in a year or two once the gameplay is actually shown.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It will have issues, every new game does - but Alien is not a new game...

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Sounds like opto issues to me. There are two adjustments that need to be made (I just made these adjustments last night.) The first is a minor issue with the trough plunger positioning that has been discussed here earlier. If the plunger position is too high, the ball can get stuck behind it and not activate the opto. The second issue is with the ball lock mechanism. The hole is too small on the right side of the part of the mech that slides up and down. Cato informed me that PB has altered the design of this so that the hole is bigger and suggested that I could drill the hole bigger in the meantime. Cato said 1 mm, but I had to drill it about twice the size of the other hole. I played several games last night and haven't had any problems with the ball lock mech. Still monitoring though.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Yesterday, I also sanded down my flipper bushings, which totally solved the issue with sticky flippers. Tightened a few screws here and there. I believe I do have problems with the Rev. 1 weapons targets, but I'm sure PB will get us some reliable targets soon. All in all, I am extremely pleased. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but part of the fun of owning this machine is working through some of the initial issues.

I sanded my bushings and they played well for a few games but getting sticky again. Any other standard bushings I could purchase and swap out?

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It will have issues, every new game does - but Alien is not a new game...

That is a false statement. It is a new game... and I speak from experience. It really is a complete redesign.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I sanded my bushings and they played well for a few games but getting sticky again. Any other standard bushings I could purchase and swap out?

Are you sure you adjusted the flippers height to be 1-credit card above the playfield? I sanded my bushings just a little... I didn't even need a standing block... just enough to smooth out the plastic. I'll keep an eye on it, but it is hard to imagine how it could get sticky again because manually moving the flipper is completely different and free compared to how it was before.

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I think many people, myself included are more worried about what kind of support we will see from Pinball Brothers both short and long-term. I don't have that concern with Spooky short term at all and not too much long term based on their recent successes and expansion. I believe these are completely founded concerns and I'm watching this fairly close to see how it pans out.

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Are you sure you adjusted the flippers height to be 1-credit card above the playfield? I sanded my bushings just a little... I didn't even need a standing block... just enough to smooth out the plastic. I'll keep an eye on it, but it is hard to imagine how it could get sticky again because manually moving the flipper is completely different and free compared to how it was before.

Will look at it again. I did use my little spacer when resetting the flips.

#3990 2 years ago

There really is no long term support...from any company. You have what...a 1 year warrantee most times? If anything breaks, you gotta go find parts. Generally there aren't a ton of extra parts just sitting at the company waiting to give out. If you are referring to code...well...that is very dependent on who's doing it (person not company).

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

That is a false statement. It is a new game... and I speak from experience. It really is a complete redesign.

Here's to hoping the redesign ends up being a much more stable game!

#3992 2 years ago

anybody get an update on the 2nd container ? Last i heard there was a container shortage causing a delay ; but it was supposedly leaving soon.

#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There really is no long term support...from any company. You have what...a 1 year warrantee most times? If anything breaks, you gotta go find parts. Generally there aren't a ton of extra parts just sitting at the company waiting to give out. If you are referring to code...well...that is very dependent on who's doing it (person not company).

I was really thinking more about game-specific or manufacturer specific parts for games. With Spooky I believe it's all, or almost all P3ROC from an electronics standpoint so that's not going to be an issue. I haven't seen a deep-dive on the electronics on the PB Alien just yet but like I said, I'm taking just sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting to see if I want to take the risk later or not. I love the theme and think it's integrated exceptionaly well.

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was really thinking more about game-specific or manufacturer specific parts for games. With Spooky I believe it's all, or almost all P3ROC from an electronics standpoint so that's not going to be an issue. I haven't seen a deep-dive on the electronics on the PB Alien just yet but like I said, I'm taking just sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting to see if I want to take the risk later or not. I love the theme and think it's integrated exceptionaly well.

As well as the new Pinataur boards, no parts issues there...

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think many people, myself included are more worried about what kind of support we will see from Pinball Brothers both short and long-term. I don't have that concern with Spooky short term at all and not too much long term based on their recent successes and expansion. I believe these are completely founded concerns and I'm watching this fairly close to see how it pans out.

Fair enough on the short/term view. It is new game-new design and the bugs are being worked out. Expect the same for Halloween game. Both companies seem to actively address issues.

I would say if you are concerned on long term PB support no need to buy Alien game. Not sure what you can watch here? You know the story not much anyone really knows as it is a new company unless they have a crystal ball.

#3996 2 years ago

Well I really hope they do stick to it. I think LV's are going to keep getting pushed back since they haven't got everything working and barely got any games out. So if anyone is waiting on that...I wouldn't get too excited. I think possibly they should have just started with those and would have gotten much more interest. Now you have this weird waiting game. I don't know how many they've sold, but it can't be that many so far.

#3997 2 years ago

#3998 2 years ago

Yep. Answers the stand up fight or bug hunt question.

#3999 2 years ago

I'm happy to wait for pinball Brothers to get their production bugs resolved. The big deal breaker for me is the magnet not catching the ball for the zeno to gobble up. There also needs to be a switch fix version 3. Pinball Brothers would be smart to get those issues fixed before cranking out LVs with the same problems.

#4000 2 years ago

Shit they would be even smarter to not crank out any more SE’s before they figure out these issues unless they like sending extra parts over seas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/80?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.