20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 82.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I can tell you with absolute certainty, if they are being made anytime soon. It isn’t with the original hardware. (I/O Boards, Jaw/Tongue, Computer).

Thank God!

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Only the playfield, software, video and sound/music.

“Only.”

#303 5 years ago

... if this Pinball it is indeed a real project by CGC, both of you will have to fight to see who’s the real ALIEN

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very, very odd...

#304 5 years ago

When is the Levi ass tatoo stream? This is happening.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When is the Levi ass tatoo stream? This is happening.

What's happening? Alien Williams? Care to explain?

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've tried to call Mike twice and left two messages. Never got a call back. Was looking at a WOZ. Not a good vibe if they can't even get back to me to buy a pin, makes me feel like trying to get help after the sale would be impossible.

Mike and his Company are the best in the biz.

Please PM me with your issues. Hopefully we can help make every customer happy!!

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Very entertaining thread to say the least
[quoted image]

That gif sums up pinside as a whole

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Kaneda was confident on his podcast. ICE is just betting he is correct.

FFS he bet a case of beer. Really sticking his neck out there if he is wrong.

Accuracy or real commitment isn't really on the menu for any of that list of characters. More like dodge, deflect, pivot....

#309 5 years ago

No not gonna happen !
There building Lawbowski

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

And if he's wrong, does he get the Pinsider Insideher?

Who's the Pinsider?

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Mike and his Company are the best in the biz.
Please PM me with your issues. Hopefully we can help make every customer happy!!

I've pm'd him as well...

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... if this Pinball it is indeed a real project by CGC, both of you will have to fight to see who’s the real ALIEN

Ha...Nah, just means if they do an amazing job w this version, I'd potentially have to think about adding it ...Mines not going anywhere...won't use the dreaded word, but can say it's probably my favorite theme that I could ever imagine for a Pinball...

#313 5 years ago

I changed my vote due to Mirco cleaning his inventory of Alien-playfields.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I changed my vote due to Mirco cleaning his inventory of Alien-playfields.

Hmm, but if GCC or someone else is going to make them here in the U.S. they will source the pfs here in the U.S.

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmm, but if GCC or someone else is going to make them here in the U.S. they will source the pfs here in the U.S.

Why do you say that? JJP playfields come from Germany.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, exactly, Mirco is german. CGC would print their own playfields.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also, the old Mirco Heighway playfields won’t be compatible with the CGC version anyways.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Obviously I'd want a mechanically revised and refined Alien put back in the market; it would mean money for me, finally. But the confirmation point would be a deal made concerning my design rights to the game, since the work is not paid for. This has not happened.

I don't need the details of your agreement with Heighway, but do you have any rights to this game? Not trying to be rude, but curious.

My assumption was that you'd be a employee or contractor of Heighway and that they own(ed) all the IP. That is why I ask, out of curiosity to help me understand the situation.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Yes, exactly, Mirco is german. CGC would print their own playfields.

so why does that change your vote? Assuming that vote is yes? Sorry not following.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so why does that change your vote? Assuming that vote is yes? Sorry not following.

I changed my vote to: "Yes, I believe it will happen", because Mirco is clearing his inventory and it takes place very near to the rumour that Pinball Bros will have the pinball machines (and obviously then also playfields) manufactured by CGC.

#322 5 years ago

Awww. Certified buzzkill.

#323 5 years ago

Kaneda said on his Twippy acceptance speech that George Gomez was the source of this rumor. I couldn’t tell if it was sarcasm or not..

#324 5 years ago

Lol.... it was a funny joke

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Kaneda said on his Twippy acceptance speech that George Gomez was the source of this rumor. I couldn’t tell if it was sarcasm or not..

I heard the same but it was def sarcasm.

#326 5 years ago

So no CGC alien announcement at TPF..... Is this officially dead now? I forgot what the bets even were...

#327 5 years ago

I lost the will to dream this weekend. Wanting a NIB experience and realizing there will be - No Predator, No Lebowski, No AlienR, No more POTC and No BBBr2 sitings in my future! What else won’t I be able to get in 2019

#328 5 years ago

AlienR..... I like that

#329 5 years ago

I lost the will to dream this weekend. Wanting a NIB experience and realizing there will be - No Predator, No Lebowski, No AlienR, No more POTC and No BBBr2 sitings in my future! What else won’t I be able to get in 2019

You do know there are other pinball machines made and plenty of older ones to choose from? I would argue many that are better than those games.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You do know there are other pinball machines made and plenty of older ones to choose from? I would argue many that are better than those games.

X87ww3a (resized).jpgX87ww3a (resized).jpg

#331 5 years ago

You just need a Beer and go to Oktoberfest!

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So no CGC alien announcement at TPF..... Is this officially dead now? I forgot what the bets even were...

I asked several people (who are much more plugged in than me) and they all said no credible info that the remake will happen.

Is Pinball Bros looking for someone to remake it? Possibly. Is Fox shopping the license around (for a completely new development)? Possibly.

But remaking the current game as-is is going to be extremely tough - just from a manufacturing standpoint, it would require a lot of re-work or new tooling (cabinets, electronics, mechs). From a business standpoint, it’s going to involve a lot of negotiations/legal work. Pinball Bros may own the IP - but there’s a lot of unpaid suppliers, unpaid developers and customers that are owed partial/full games from the first failed attempt. Lawsuits are highly likely if all parties are not satisfied.

Is all that baggage worth it to a CGC when they can easily remake a ToM/TOTAN/BBB/CC/etc?

#333 5 years ago

to change to a Williams esq style setup so much would have to change:

1: CGC need a wide body cabinet - not hard for them considering they make cabinets
1: complete new playfield that would mount properly with the holes in the right place, and would it have the screen in the playfield?
2: CGC game platform, assume the code can be ported but can the CGC platform play lots of live action video with an overlay?
3: complete redesign of all the electronic boards, where CGC go for a large main board which would be huge for a widebody
4: backbox redesign to take computer and a large screen.

So pretty much all you would take is the play field design in what ever cad package its in and then try to overlay/import it into CGCs system adjust it so it worked with the Williams style cabinet...

or the pinball brothers supply all the parts and CGC do assembly. Feels unlikely to me.

Frankly if the pinball brothers try to do anything with the assets of heighway limited I'll personally refer them to companies house, the fraud squad and the administrator of the outstanding liabilities, lots of folks are owed money and the pinball brothers need to put those people right.

Neil.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

to change to a Williams esq style setup so much would have to change:
1: CGC need a wide body cabinet - not hard for them considering they make cabinets
1: complete new playfield that would mount properly with the holes in the right place, and would it have the screen in the playfield?
2: CGC game platform, assume the code can be ported but can the CGC platform play lots of live action video with an overlay?
3: complete redesign of all the electronic boards, where CGC go for a large main board which would be huge for a widebody
4: backbox redesign to take computer and a large screen.
So pretty much all you would take is the play field design in what ever cad package its in and then try to overlay/import it into CGCs system adjust it so it worked with the Williams style cabinet...
or the pinball brothers supply all the parts and CGC do assembly. Feels unlikely to me.
Frankly if the pinball brothers try to do anything with the assets of heighway limited I'll personally refer them to companies house, the fraud squad and the administrator of the outstanding liabilities, lots of folks are owed money and the pinball brothers need to put those people right.
Neil.

Alien uses a sliding PF design now. Sure the mech is different, but no reason to believe it would take a 'whole new PF'
Alien code already runs on a generic PC - no need to port it. Biggest change would be if they were to re-design the I/O boards
The interface boards could be reworked - but that's a choice. You can buy them directly from China right now if you needed to... Most would say they should fix some of the shortcomings of the electrical design of them.. but that's a revision, not a whole new design

Other topics could be more impactful like... do you continue to use the inductive switches? Because if you didn't, that would be very disruptive to the playfield and require a lot of changes.

#335 5 years ago

So I’m MUCH more confident than Kaneda re Alien and PB because I told him

He and I have a long history with Alien, from day one, and I asked him to keep it quiet and

Then he went off like a monkey F ing a football

He saw a post from Great Britain and said oh look it’s already out there so I’m running with it. Yes he relied on what I told him to keep quiet so I’ll out myself

But hey, whatever, we are all gonna find out soon enough

PB has the license, I believe they are making the first batch overseas AND

Negotiating here in the US to manufacture games here. You all know who the potential parties are

Bottom line, it’s boutique pinball, and there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.

It’s in motion, will it get from A to B?

Find out soon enough.

When it comes out, Williams style, I’ll be pumping up one of the best overall games I’ve ever played

#336 5 years ago

Btw, even in its current state, which I have had zero issues with, PB pulled off an amazing feat with the help of the US team to get it to where it was at the final production.

To reengineer it to Williams parts, mechs etc from where it is now? I don’t believe they had much issue there

#337 5 years ago

Ice, if you're right, this is going to be a ridiculously expensive year for me. Too many good games out and coming out.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He and I have a long history with Alien, from day one, and I asked him to keep it quiet and
He saw a post from Great Britain and said oh look it’s already out there so I’m running with it. Yes he relied on what I told him to keep quiet so I’ll out myself
Negotiating here in the US to manufacture games here. You all know who the potential parties are
Bottom line, it’s boutique pinball, and there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.
Find out soon enough.
When it comes out, Williams style, I’ll be pumping up one of the best overall games I’ve ever played

So, what you're saying is:

If he is wrong then he's an idiot because he didn't listen and wait.

If he's right you're the real awesome guy because you knew first.

Does this sum it up correctly?

#339 5 years ago

I said it before, say it again. Pinsider insider goes to ICE if this is right.

That being said, I do want to kill a new rumor I heard on Kaneda's broadcast right now.

Pinball life recently stocked alien parts out of nowhere. There was good reason to think this could be b/c of this apparent williams rebuild that PB is doing. I can confirm that IS NOT the case. After buying a ton of it (some really cool stuff like LE art and translite, the big PCB boards underneath, etc) I noticed that after I provided the link for others, folks reported it was sold out. I then asked pinball life directly about the source of the stock and this was the response:

"They are new old stock from the original manufacturer. Nothing new will be made as far as we know".

They went on to say that they've been trying to source these parts for some time and I suspect they're talking with the owners of freeplay who currently sell the alien parts, which is owned by PB.

Long story short, who knows if this is going to happen but the parts thing doesn't add up. I also highly doubt a williams Alien is released based on the hoops that PB would need to go through (development, previous paybacks if any, etc) - however having two distinct versions of the game of the decade for me thus far, would be fantastic. Doubt it though.

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, what you're saying is:
If he is wrong then he's an idiot because he didn't listen and wait.
If he's right you're the real awesome guy because you knew first.
Does this sum it up correctly?

I’m saying he can blame his prediction woes all on me if it doesn’t happen. He’s right or wrong based on what I told him. Period

Who do you think he’s F ing talking about “outing”? I’m telling you now. I’ve got the text chain too. We are on the same page. He was the dummy that backed off

Primarily, because what’s the big deal? It’s not a meeting at the Trump tower with the Russians

Is it that hard to believe that a game so good, basically finished, will have huge demand when remade?

#341 5 years ago

I don’t care about any of this just want my bourbon.

How’s that gonna work out anyway? I’ll just buy a bottle of the good stuff and you reimburse me?

Or are we drop shipping this baby?

#342 5 years ago

All you guys are right to be skeptical

I’m not based on what I know

It will be announced soon enough and it is re engineered and made all Williams

Have you seen PB disappear? Just the opposite like Delt said

They are about to start picking up the shit ton of $$$ just laying on the ground with making Alien

No brainer

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t care about any of this just want my bourbon.
How’s that gonna work out anyway? I’ll just buy a bottle of the good stuff and you reimburse me?
Or are we drop shipping this baby?

No I’ll take my Tequila 100% agave smooth thank you!

#344 5 years ago

I see. Please explain.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m saying he can blame his prediction woes all on me if it doesn’t happen. He’s right or wrong based on what I told him. Period
Who do you think he’s F ing talking about “outing”? I’m telling you now. I’ve got the text chain too. We are on the same page. He was the dummy that backed off
Primarily, because what’s the big deal? It’s not a meeting at the Trump tower with the Russians
Is it that hard to believe that a game so good, basically finished, will have huge demand when remade?

I'm just teasing you.

But yes, it's pretty hard to believe this thing is real, at least not with a lot of work/ alterations, for usability, manufacturing and legal reasons.

Porting the code might be harder then redoing everything from scratch (with the given assets) to make it work on CGCs System.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Find out soon enough.

Sounds great! ...is there somewhere I can preorder??

#347 5 years ago

Ice,

Curious who is remaking Alien per your rumor? Does their name rhyme with Pandrew Pheighway?

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are about to start picking up the shit ton of $$$ just laying on the ground with making Alien

Minus the crap ton of money they owe a lot of people.

#349 5 years ago

Call bullshit on this whole rumor. But damn it’s a nice fantasy.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I said it before, say it again. Pinsider insider goes to ICE if this is right.
That being said, I do want to kill a new rumor I heard on Kaneda's broadcast right now.
Pinball life recently stocked alien parts out of nowhere. There was good reason to think this could be b/c of this apparent williams rebuild that PB is doing. I can confirm that IS NOT the case. After buying a ton of it (some really cool stuff like LE art and translite, the big PCB boards underneath, etc) I noticed that after I provided the link for others, folks reported it was sold out. I then asked pinball life directly about the source of the stock and this was the response:
"They are new old stock from the original manufacturer. Nothing new will be made as far as we know".
They went on to say that they've been trying to source these parts for some time and I suspect they're talking with the owners of freeplay who currently sell the alien parts, which is owned by PB.
Long story short, who knows if this is going to happen but the parts thing doesn't add up. I also highly doubt a williams Alien is released based on the hoops that PB would need to go through (development, previous paybacks if any, etc) - however having two distinct versions of the game of the decade for me thus far, would be fantastic. Doubt it though.

Or Pinball Life got grief from Pinball Brothers for jumping the gun on listing Alien parts prematurely after Kaneda revealed it. Rather than just take the parts down off their site, which would vindicate the rumours, they just change it to sold out and send you the story you’ve repeated here.

Personally I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the rumours were true. No way Pinball Brothers are just going to shelve all their assets after what they’ve invested. Especially with a license like Alien.

Gotta love conspiracy theories. Pick your side and back it up with hyperbole as if you know what you’re talking about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/7?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.