20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.
#3801 2 years ago

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3802 2 years ago

Wow this is awesome! Karl’s streams are so high quality. Those of you asking for gameplay video - your prayers have been answered. I’ll definitely be watching.

#3803 2 years ago

Just saw the twitch notice. Is it over now? Live only?

FOUND IT!

#3804 2 years ago

missed the live stream, is there a link to watch?

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

missed the live stream, is there a link to watch?

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1023061398

#3806 2 years ago

Concerning what happened at 25 minute mark.

#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Concerning what happened at 25 minute mark.

Even more concerning is that no one seemed to have much fun.

#3808 2 years ago

Definitely some glitches like when player 2 drained and got a ball back and an add a ball 23:20 mark.

Hopefully just some software bugs.

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

It's great game but when you're having issues on a stream then it kinda sucks the fun out of it. One of the first off the line for a new pinball company so not surprising, hopefully just code and some simple switch issues that will be remedied.

#3810 2 years ago

The magnet not grabbing the ball for the tongue repeatedly was disheartening. And the flipper problem that was spoke of early on too. At the 25ish min mark…Pinball Brothers got it this far. They can code the corrections.

Do I think players had fun? I think they knew they were on live “tv” and hadn’t practiced this particular game is a bit. Admittedly, double mask death star tee did have one rockin game…but i think with some practice the players would have been more relaxed.

#3811 2 years ago

Does anybody know if flipper strength can be increased on this Alien?

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Definitely some glitches like when player 2 drained and got a ball back and an add a ball 23:20 mark.
Hopefully just some software bugs.

Hopefully all these bugs will be gone by the time the LV goes into production. Plug and play guy here.....to spend hours and days trying to tweak is not the best experience for a newbie. Thank god I have experts here to hold my hand.

#3813 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know if flipper strength can be increased on this Alien?

Yes, I believe Karl et al were playing with the coil settings on Friday’s stream.

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

This is a very common trait for pro players. Someone once wrote on this website, -"Have you ever seen anyone smile in a pinball tournament?".

I'll try crack a smile for you when I get my machine.

#3815 2 years ago

Making that alien gobble the ball had everyone at the factory either laughing their tits off or pulling their hair out. In the end it kinda worked. Kinda still does.

#3816 2 years ago

I'll pass this on from Melissa. People posting responses from Melissa here has been nice.... prevents me and countless others from bugging her.

Loaded on to a container today, it took 2 weeks to get a container for shipping, so we now know that we need to order well in advance so already are lining the next one up.

DHL and FEDEX are not doing pinballs for atleast 30 days now because they have limited help and are overbooked on freight now.
I’ll have ship details anyday now and will pass them on to everyone.

#3817 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'll pass this on from Melissa. People posting responses from Melissa here has been nice.... prevents me and countless others from bugging her.

Thanks @Brando. Good news it's loaded but - is it accurate that they won't actually leave for a month?

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks @Brando. Good news it's loaded but - is it accurate that they won't actually leave for a month?

I'm not sure if that means they aren't doing pinballs for the past 30 days or the next 30 days.

#3819 2 years ago

I spoke with Melissa earlier and I believe the 30 day thing was for DHL and FedEx air freight so they weren’t an option to get around the container delay.

#3820 2 years ago

So no home deliveries (truck) for 30 days or just airfreight?

#3821 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Freight shipping intetnational is really competitive right now.

PPE shipments are prioritized first.

All others have to wait.

There are literally not enought air freighters or ship containers available.

For now, its a Covid thing...

#3822 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I’ll have ship details anyday now and will pass them on to everyone.

Is this a full 40' container? I have not heard squat and I don't want to bug her either. I'm in the thirties and should make it into that first one.

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is this a full 40' container? I have not heard squat and I don't want to bug her either. I'm in the thirties and should make it into that first one.

I don't know what my number was... all I know is my game is in this shipment. I've heard numbers like 22 for this first shipment, so I'm guessing if you're in the thirties, it will be in second shipment. You probably will need to bug her. If I were CoinTaker, I'd be posting some updates on the website to prevent the constant need to manually keep people updated via Email.

#3824 2 years ago

If I were people I'd just quit bugging her. There is no need if you didn't get asked to pay. We'll get them when they get here. Not much she can do about when and how many they ship.

#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If I were people I'd just quit bugging her. There is no need if you didn't get asked to pay. We'll get them when they get here. Not much she can do about when and how many they ship.

Yes... if you didn't pay, it is definitely not on this shipment. I was under the impression that dri paid.

#3826 2 years ago

I've been in on alot of group container buys from Italy over the past 5 years and one thing I've learned is it's fairly unpredictable how long it can take to ship. After the shipping container is loaded, it can sit at the warehouse for up to a week before it's picked up. It's then loaded on a ship that can sit there for a few more days, which then stops at a bunch of other cities to load and offload containers. If you get the container or boat info, you can follow it online, it often takes 1-2 weeks after leaving the first port before it starts to cross the Atlantic. At least it's coming to the east coast so it will be faster, ours have to go through the Panama Canal and up the West Coast of North America which adds a lot more time.

#3827 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've heard numbers like 22 for this first shipment, so I'm guessing if you're in the thirties, it will be in second shipment.

Poke the bear and see what happens. I just got my invoice from CT and the game is shipping June 8th.

#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Poke the bear and see what happens. I just got my invoice from CT and the game is shipping June 8th.

congrats! how exciting!

#3829 2 years ago

I just received my invoice as well. That's a surprise. So apparently there are more than 22 on the ship.

#3830 2 years ago

Shipping June 8th from cointaker or Italy?

#3831 2 years ago

Just says shipping June 8th. If I had to guess we are probably looking at mid to end of July to ship from CT.

#3832 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice for June 8th also. And I was number 50 on the list for first Quarter.

#3833 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just paid my invoice for June 8th also. And I was number 50 on the list for first Quarter.

Holy cow! That’s great news.

#3834 2 years ago

Got my invoice as well. Have no idea where I was on the list.

#3835 2 years ago

Paid my invoice today no idea what number I had. I told myself when I placed the order I would be happy whenever it got here. Selling my original Alien was not a good day, so happy for a chance to reboot.

#3836 2 years ago

klinde1 DylanFan71 when did y’all place your orders?

#3837 2 years ago

I paid in full on 4/26/21. No idea when my game is arriving.

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

when did y’all place your orders?

I would guess everyone receiving invoices ordered early in the day on 12/18. I ordered on 12/18 for Q1 batch and have not received any communication since.

#3839 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I would guess everyone receiving invoices ordered early in the day on 12/18. I ordered on 12/18 for Q1 batch and have not received any communication since.

I ordered early and haven’t received an invoice yet if that helps.
Melissa told me there was a batch of approximately 22 going out.
So myself and you are probably in the following batch.

#3840 2 years ago

i am 44 and paid today - invoiced today

#3841 2 years ago

yeah, I'm 34 - Like I mentioned before, the first list was 35 exactly. The 2nd list did not have a limit. I'm fine with waiting for 2nd shipment, but I really hope they didn't just request full payment from those not on that first shipment if we have no idea when the 2nd batch will ship. I have better places my money can sit. I don't know where the 22 number is coming from as those numbers don't add up...unless many people backed out on the first shipment (which may be the case).

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah, I'm 34 - Like I mentioned before, the first list was 35 exactly. The 2nd list did not have a limit. I'm fine with waiting for 2nd shipment, but I really hope they didn't just request full payment from those not on that first shipment if we have no idea when the 2nd batch will ship. I have better places my money can sit. I don't know where the 22 number is coming from as those numbers don't add up...unless many people backed out on the first shipment (which may be the case).

Backouts are possible. Maybe that is why there was a pause between the invoice issuing.

#3843 2 years ago

I paid in full today and it says “shipping June 8”. I have no idea where I was on the list (if someone tells me how to find out, I’ll look). Ordered mid afternoon December 18.

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I paid in full today and it says “shipping June 8”. I have no idea where I was on the list (if someone tells me how to find out, I’ll look). Ordered mid afternoon December 18.

"Hi Mellissa - where am i in the game queue"

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

"Hi Mellissa - where am i in the game queue"

Thanks. I could do that, but she gets enough of those a day. I’ll just wait for more info to come out, I’m in no hurry.

#3846 2 years ago

In the other thread it has the container size as 20ft, so 22 machines is about right. I suspect that the latest round of invoices is for the second container and the shipping date is when the container leaves the factory bound for the US.

#3847 2 years ago

It seems like they are really picking up speed in assembling new games if they got a second shipping container filled before the first one was even picked up. And that's just the games coming to the U.S., you have to think more are being shipped to other countries. They've surpassed the production rate of Dutch and Spooky very quickly, that's impressive for a company new to making pins.

#3848 2 years ago

Well if you assume they've been building for the last 2 months and maybe 10 games a week..seems normal. Probably less, and hopefully they are fixing things as they go.

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I paid in full on 4/26/21. No idea when my game is arriving.

Same here and have #27 . I assume I'm on the first shipment but no reply from Melissa yet.

#3850 2 years ago

Ordered 12/28/2020. Have not been asked to pay the balance.

Just keep hoping more and more bugs get worked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/77?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.