This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20210504_141334 (resized).jpg
88C7A70A-5621-4B9A-A215-CB3245F0CEC5 (resized).jpeg
Alien by Pinball Brothers Documents Combined.pdf (PDF preview)
tracker (resized).JPG
37C1E5FC-1BB2-4ABD-8777-903A5831657A (resized).jpeg
18558645-2BC4-47F7-AE60-D7566EA6EE16 (resized).jpeg
alienLV (resized).png
dm (resized).jpg
Capture6 (resized).PNG

There are 3784 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.
#3701 6 days ago

same game. different parts.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Congrats!
What are they saying about replacement parts?
Is the game considered code complete? Have they added anything new?

#3702 6 days ago

Alien has long since been code complete. I can’t speak to whatever polish or additions might have been done by the Pinball Brothers, but everything intended to be in the original game should be there.

#3703 6 days ago

What is/was/will be the price for an LV in the USA?

My side of the pond it will be €10.5k... (about $13k) for a spot with a local distributor...

#3704 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Sore point? Taboo topic?

#3705 5 days ago

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry, im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can

Pinball Brothers Alien Pinball Xenomorph adjustment update, video nr 3

#3706 5 days ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry, im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can

Looking good!

I know nothing about the rules but is the jaw supposed to be open for such a long time?

#3707 5 days ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

It looks like the mouth stays open after multiball starts?

#3708 5 days ago

Would certainly be better if the mouth closed as soon as the ball is in it, looks more like it's swallowing the ball... maybe even have some closing and opening to simulate chewing?

#3709 5 days ago

Would certainly be better if the mouth closed as soon as the ball is in it, looks more like it's swallowing the ball... maybe even have some closing and opening to simulate chewing?

Mouth should close after it eats it. The mech isn’t working right in that video

#3710 5 days ago

Mmm not sure how to feel about customers beta testing and doing field repairs (bodges?) like this. I know “early access” is all the rage now.

Hopefully this, and whatever else lies in store, will be resolved by the time the LV version is available.

(Love the Predator intro )

#3711 5 days ago

My side of the pond it will be €10.5k... (about $13k) for a spot with a local distributor...

Btw - I know you’re struggling to decide if you go Alien LE OG or not. I think it’s hilarious how certain OG Alien owners think the new Alien is no longer “immersive” b/c it has a smaller tv screen or the PF redundant screen is no longer there. What a joke that is - like that game’s immersion was built just on a 27 inch tv screen. Not only is the immersion still there in the new Alien, but you’ll also have much more money in your pocket, enhanced code, rebuilt mechs/streamlined boards, better part availability and other things the OG owners won’t admit but know inside, concerns them. One custom I/O board away from the game no longer working. Sweet.

And shhhhhhh don’t remind them either there is now a physical ball lock and an extra magnet too in the new Alien. And when the LE comes out.....well, I’ll just stop there. It’s just too easy. That all being said, I still think it's cool to have both as OG def stands out on it's own.

Do yourself a favor and get the POTC CE and the new alien std, and then once the LE new alien comes out, trade up for that and have it all. You can even sell the CE to someone in the US and cash out too haha.

#3712 5 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Mmm not sure how to feel about customers beta testing and doing field repairs (bodges?) like this. I know “early access” is all the rage now.
Hopefully this, and whatever else lies in store, will be resolved by the time the LV version is available.
(Love the Predator intro )

Me too.

I’m not very good with repairs and adjustments, part of why I passed on Stranger Things premium. I do have R&M and that’s been a constant battle not least because I’m not very confident in my skills of a pinball repairman.

Hopefully later builds will be working out of the box.

#3713 5 days ago

Any links to a solid rulesheet for the game? Going to put good time on one today.

#3714 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any links to a solid rulesheet for the game? Going to put good time on one today.

Whoa! Can't wait to hear your feedback, chuckwurt !

#3715 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://images.pinside.com/0/ac/0e/0ac0ea704e90714ce75d297c20a32cb3bae4b415.pdf

Quoted from rai:

Me too.
I’m not very good with repairs and adjustments, part of why I passed on Stranger Things premium. I do have R&M and that’s been a constant battle not least because I’m not very confident in my skills of a pinball repairman.
Hopefully later builds will be working out of the box.

I’m very comfortable working on repairs but R&M was a complete nightmare and the first pinball machine I felt relieved to have out of my home. When you need to reposition screws holding down ball guides to make shots smooth, you are correcting a design flaw. Adjusting switches is something that any NIB machine can need and hopefully that is the most that will be required with Alien.

Regarding the Xenomorph mouth not closing during multiball - I’ll take a close look at mine when it arrives today. I don’t know the mechanics of how the mouth works, but I assume there is a motor or coil that controls it, and hopefully there are tests that can be performed in the settings menu.

#3716 5 days ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m very comfortable working on repairs but R&M was a complete nightmare and the first pinball machine I felt relieved to have out of my home. When you need to reposition screws holding down ball guides to make shots smooth, you are correcting a design flaw. Adjusting switches is something that any NIB machine can need and hopefully that is the most that will be required with Alien.
Regarding the Xenomorph mouth not closing during multiball - I’ll take a close look at mine when it arrives today. I don’t know the mechanics of how the mouth works, but I assume there is a motor or coil that controls it, and hopefully there are tests that can be performed in the settings menu.

Not to completely derail but those are not design flaws, they are manufacturing flaws. Once adjusted to where they 'should' be - which is very apparent if they follow the art, it works much better. That being said, the flipper crap is annoying AF. I really hope they get that figured out on R&M AND before they release their next game.

As for the Alien mouth, I'm not sure how jacked up that switch is supposed to be - or if there are other switches in there, but someone needs to go back to the drawing board on it.

#3717 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mouth should close after it eats it. The mech isn’t working right in that video

It says in the YouTube comments that PB is aware of and actively working on a software fix for the mouth-close issue.

#3718 5 days ago

I’m confused on how to light a mode. Do I just need for the ball to pass through each inlane then shoot the airlock?

#3719 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m confused on how to light a mode. Do I just need for the ball to pass through each inlane then shoot the airlock?

Yes. Exactly this.

#3720 5 days ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Look forward to reading all of your impressions!

#3721 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw - I know you’re struggling to decide if you go Alien LE OG or not. I think it’s hilarious how certain OG Alien owners think the new Alien is no longer “immersive” b/c it has a smaller tv screen or the PF redundant screen is no longer there. What a joke that is - like that game’s immersion was built just on a 27 inch tv screen. Not only is the immersion still there in the new Alien, but you’ll also have much more money in your pocket, enhanced code, rebuilt mechs/streamlined boards, better part availability and other things the OG owners won’t admit but know inside, concerns them. One custom I/O board away from the game no longer working. Sweet.
And shhhhhhh don’t remind them either there is now a physical ball lock and an extra magnet too in the new Alien. And when the LE comes out.....well, I’ll just stop there. It’s just too easy. That all being said, I still think it's cool to have both as OG def stands out on it's own.
Do yourself a favor and get the POTC CE and the new alien std, and then once the LE new alien comes out, trade up for that and have it all. You can even sell the CE to someone in the US and cash out too haha.

I feel like that's probably a bit unfair, and dare I say it - you seem rather gleeful in pointing out potential future OG owners miseries, to what end I don't know.

That said there is obviously a certain amount of talking up and down the market based on one's own position as the owner of one, or someone who wants to buy one. You (the royal you) have to cut through that sentiment on here generally, and it's not particularly difficult. If you wander into the OG Alien thread you're hardly likely to find people who are thrilled about the existence of a new version and how that might reflect on values, particularly if they paid overs themselves.

This new pin looks to be pretty good on the face of it, but it's far too early to tell how it compares to the OG Alien in terms of longevity, etc, even if it is using a Williams cabinet.

#3722 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The outlanes are labeled Weyland the other Yutani. You have to activate both outlanes to trigger the airlock.. then the mode starts, but if you hit the drop ship ramp either left or right it changes the mode e.g. from combat drop to APC etc.

That Xenohead is just poorly engineered. They should have redone it completely for the new Alien release. Its just too mechanical.

#3723 5 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The outlanes are labeled Weyland the other Yutani. You have to activate both outlanes to trigger the airlock.. then the mode starts, but if you hit the drop ship ramp either left or right it changes the mode e.g. from combat drop to APC etc.

Outlanes or inlanes?

#3724 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Outlanes or inlanes?

Oh my bad, inlanes.

#3725 5 days ago

Okay thanks. Might be a good game to do some shatzing.

#3726 5 days ago

On the OG when the xeno has 2 hits left it does the teasing and the mouth opens and closes a few times. Also when eating the ball it should close

What’s up?

#3727 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok, Delt, I'll speak up. I have been in line for a couple of years for the remake, and still am. I finally bought Roger's LE 001 as I was tired of waiting. And, no regrets at all. So...you owned how many standards with problems, and rebranded them as LEs? One with a number plate you modified to 426, I recall. Did you ever own a late run LE? Have you played the remake in person? Prediction: you will be looking for an original, probably an LE, again. The remake is very cool, and I'm really happy to see it happen, but what is your agenda here? Maybe you are angry at the OG owners. Beats me. I'm still in for an LV, but frankly love my original, so it will have to be incredible to lateral over. Pinball Bros is making new more reliable I/O boards for original owners, not that I've had any problems at all. I'll be interested to see how many fixes will be needed on the remakes. I've had to swap a DVI cable to the playfield screen, that's it. As for the hypersleep magnet, the shot is really satisfying without it, as it is more technical, like making the warp speed ramp on ST. Imagine a magnet for that game! No thanks. The hypersleep ball lock that pops up and down, not really a big deal. The big deal is that PB remade the same game for a great price. But the og stands as one of my favorite games 20 years in this hobby. BTW, I fast forwarded through SDTM with Zach, and it was seriously painful to listen to your lectures. Good grief, we are all human.

Quoted from delt31:

I still think it's cool to have both as OG def stands out on it's own.

Some truth...

#3728 5 days ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

On the OG when the xeno has 2 hits left it does the teasing and the mouth opens and closes a few times. Also when eating the ball it should close
What’s up?

Read a few posts back. This has already been discussed.

#3729 5 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Ok, Delt, I'll speak up. I have been in line for a couple of years for the remake, and still am. I finally bought Roger's LE 001 as I was tired of waiting. And, no regrets at all. So...you owned how many standards with problems, and rebranded them as LEs? One with a number plate you modified to 426, I recall. Did you ever own a late run LE? Have you played the remake in person? Prediction: you will be looking for an original, probably an LE, again. The remake is very cool, and I'm really happy to see it happen, but what is your agenda here? Maybe you are angry at the OG owners. Beats me. I'm still in for an LV, but frankly love my original, so it will have to be incredible to lateral over. Pinball Bros is making new more reliable I/O boards for original owners, not that I've had any problems at all. I'll be interested to see how many fixes will be needed on the remakes. I've had to swap a DVI cable to the playfield screen, that's it. As for the hypersleep magnet, the shot is really satisfying without it, as it is more technical, like making the warp speed ramp on ST. Imagine a magnet for that game! No thanks. The hypersleep ball lock that pops up and down, not really a big deal. The big deal is that PB remade the same game for a great price. But the og stands as one of my favorite games 20 years in this hobby. BTW, I fast forwarded through SDTM with Zach, and it was seriously painful to listen to your lectures. Good grief, we are all human.

Some truth...

Appreciate you speaking up vs just sending me private messages over the years about this and other games, asking for my opinion and thanking me for it. But I like this angle you're taking in public so let's go with it.

I don't like when OG owners try to put down the new Alien. I'm not sure why we can't be happy for both but I keep on reading the same garbage so I'm calling out the differences and why the new alien is great too.

My history of alien ownership is well documented. I suggest you spend time to read through before putting your foot in your mouth. I never sold my ultra loaded SE as an LE. I was very clear about that. I can 3d print whatever I want and put it on a machine for my own personal use but it was never sold as an LE and I was very direct on that. Nice try though and I can now understand why you perceive my view as lectures. I would too if I was wrong on something and being reminded about it. Nice to hear many folks though enjoyed my appearance and reached out to me directly to tell me about it.

and you don't like true ball locks? Sure. The OG shot is like star trek's repeating gravity shot? That's a good one - not sure what OG Alien you're playing but have fun explaining that one.

Let's just enjoy alien as is. I've documented why I believe it's great to have OG, as you've pointed out. I decided to jump out and get a new one. Others decided to keep OG - great. How about OG owners just stop putting down the new alien b/c it's dumb.

I won't comment on it anymore though - I think I've been clear enough ; )

#3730 5 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Some truth...

well said !
+1

#3731 5 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

well said !
+1

Bump.

Why cant this room be focused on the new machine and not always bouncing back to the OG and the differences..So many new people here with no desire to constantly have to see posts about the OG. The other room is perfect for this..

Let's talk about how to make it our best pin in our collection....Cant wait for the unveiling of the LV... yes i am number one on that list....Joking..

#3732 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate you speaking up vs just sending me private messages over the years about this and other games, asking for my opinion and thanking me for it. But I like this angle you're taking in public so let's go with it.
I don't like when OG owners try to put down the new Alien. I'm not sure why we can't be happy for both but I keep on reading the same garbage so I'm calling out the differences and why the new alien is great too.
My history of alien ownership is well documented. I suggest you spend time to read through before putting your foot in your mouth. I never sold my ultra loaded SE as an LE. I was very clear about that. I can 3d print whatever I want and put it on a machine for my own personal use but it was never sold as an LE and I was very direct on that. Nice try though and I can now understand why you perceive my view as lectures. I would too if I was wrong on something and being reminded about it. Nice to hear many folks though enjoyed my appearance and reached out to me directly to tell me about it.
and you don't like true ball locks? Sure. The OG shot is like star trek's repeating gravity shot? That's a good one - not sure what OG Alien you're playing but have fun explaining that one.
Let's just enjoy alien as is. I've documented why I believe it's great to have OG, as you've pointed out. I decided to jump out and get a new one. Others decided to keep OG - great. How about OG owners just stop putting down the new alien b/c it's dumb.
I won't comment on it anymore though - I think I've been clear enough ; )

Interesting response. You can spend over an hour giving Zach grief in a podcast but can't handle a little criticism here? Your approach to conflict or disagreement is to be insulting, demeaning, etc. I always like to be civil where possible, and have interacted with you regarding various games over the years, specifically Alien and Jurassic Park, as you did some nice work on both. I recall you asking my opinion in the past as well. I was, after all, in the hobby some 15 years before you, and don't really need anything from you at all. But with all of your public posturing, I figured it would be reasonable to speak up. Foot in mouth? Not really, you did sell a few standards along the way that were modified to look like LEs, and have never owned an LE without issues. Not sure how you are getting kudos for that cringeworthy interview. I guess we live in an era where it is ok to insult your host.

#3733 5 days ago

I think we all get some people prefer the asthetics of the OG, and if anyone really wants one, they can pay the price for them. They go up for sale all the time. An unfortunate part of this hobby is, there's always the chance your grail game you paid top dollar for is suddenly going to be worth less. I've never used pinball as an investment strategy, more like a money sink, so it doesn't really bother me.

As it stands, the remake is what it is, and what most of us new potential owners want to know is how it plays, how the new items are, and overall what the build quality is. I have no interest in people putting down one versus the other to further some personal agenda. People will always have their preferences.

So far, what we've seen of the new game has been pretty positive given the somewhat questionable announcements (or lack of). There will be bugs to work out for sure which is pretty much the standard for all new releases these days.

If you are holding out for an LV, please stop asking every other day what is on it - they have a website, and you can read. Additionally quit getting your hopes up that it will have the PF screen or a bigger backbox screen. Maybe it will, but most likely it won't. If you can't possible accept this, again, there are OG's you can pay 2x as much for.

#3734 5 days ago

I'm assuming that they'll make the magnet selectable (you can turn it off in the menu)? If not, easy enough to disconnect it and play without it.

Decided to throw down a deposit today. Cointaker is now taking $$ on Q3.

#3735 5 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

My history of alien ownership is well documented.

Yes, yes it has. I'll leave it at that.

#3736 5 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

well said !
+1

+100

#3737 5 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Bump.
Why cant this room be focused on the new machine and not always bouncing back to the OG and the differences..So many new people here with no desire to constantly have to see posts about the OG. The other room is perfect for this..
Let's talk about how to make it our best pin in our collection....Cant wait for the unveiling of the LV... yes i am number one on that list....Joking..

+1000

#3738 5 days ago

Rumor has it LV news coming in a month or less. Stay tuned.

#3739 5 days ago

Have Pinball Bros discussed selling mods? (art blades?)

By the way... who is going to craft a new hyper sleep chamber? Medisinyl

#3740 5 days ago

Do any of the shots in alien always feed the pops? If not, what’s the best way to shoot the pops if you need those or top lanes?

#3741 5 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Have Pinball Bros discussed selling mods? (art blades?)
By the way... who is going to craft a new hyper sleep chamber? Medisinyl

They certainly mentioned that they thought they would be selling add-ons/parts, but it was mainly pointed at whatever was on the LV that wasn't on the SV at the time. Otherwise, they've not really said much else.

#3742 5 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Rumor has it LV news coming in a month or less. Stay tuned.

that would be amazing

#3743 5 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Bump.

Thanks. As an Alien owner and huge fan of the franchise, I still follow all the infos about that.
I just react when i have something to say or something which bug me a bit.
Yes let’s focus on this pin for sure.

#3744 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do any of the shots in alien always feed the pops? If not, what’s the best way to shoot the pops if you need those or top lanes?

Either you hit the right loop, left loop or use the left upper flipper to get it up there past the right scoop/ramp. I usually hit the loops as best as I can.

#3745 5 days ago

Weapons question.

Can you have more than one weapon available at a time? How do you use the current weapon? Can you switch the current weapon you have available to use if you can have more than one in your arsenal?

#3746 5 days ago

Cointaker says that these first 6 games that people already have were air freighted and the rest are on a boat. Is this true? Did you guys pay up to have them air freighted?

#3747 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weapons question.
Can you have more than one weapon available at a time? How do you use the current weapon? Can you switch the current weapon you have available to use if you can have more than one in your arsenal?

Once you collect more then one weapon on the OG machines it would show up on the monitor which weapons you have available. You the use the weapon button the left of the machine to select which one you want to use,then hit the launch button to select that weapon. You can switch it if you press the weapon button again. On the OG there was no way to tell which weapon you have except for the screens, on the new one looks like that is why they swapped out the playfield monitor, info is right there.

#3748 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weapons question.

rulesheet is not there anymore
from my old rulesheet

#3749 5 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Cointaker says that these first 6 games that people already have were air freighted and the rest are on a boat. Is this true? Did you guys pay up to have them air freighted?

We paid $440 for shipping....I assume some of that is from overseas to CT and then from CT to us. Quite a bargain.

I don't think for $440 it would be by air...no rush here....just make it perfect and I can watch you SE folks with unboxing and AHHnold youtube videos...hehe

Price to paint room ooozing drool green...priceless..

#3750 5 days ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

rulesheet is not there anymore
from my old rulesheet[quoted image]

Thanks everyone!

There are 3784 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside