20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.
#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I did ask PB about coding in a fog machine option for Alien a while back and they responded to me saying that they did consider doing that early on but reserved that option for another pin they have planned down the line.

in regards to a fog machine , i just tested a fast dissipating fog juice with my JP dinosaur setup and it works perfectly for this type of application indoors. No setting off the fire alarm etc. It might set off if the detector is really close (depending on how detectors work) ; but i find a fog machine to be a viable option in the right space at this point , with the proper juice.

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:I'd rather have violently infected piles than Pinstadiums...

Agreed, I think Pinstadiums would have been a more effective weapon against the aliens than guns!

88C7A70A-5621-4B9A-A215-CB3245F0CEC5 (resized).jpeg88C7A70A-5621-4B9A-A215-CB3245F0CEC5 (resized).jpeg

#3653 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

in regards to a fog machine , i just tested a fast dissipating fog juice with my JP dinosaur setup and it works perfectly for this type of application indoors. No setting off the fire alarm etc. It might set off if the detector is really close (depending on how detectors work) ; but i find a fog machine to be a viable option in the right space at this point , with the proper juice.

screw the fog machine where did you get the dino!

#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Fog machines ahve the issue of oily residue. Really the newer steam jets are what are needed

Also, holy hell that's so awesome. That is exactly what we need but in Xeno form

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Fog machines ahve the issue of oily residue. Really the newer steam jets are what are needed
Also, holy hell that's so awesome. That is exactly what we need but in Xeno form

just wanted to share the fog juice , which makes a claim of little residue ... i did feel the area where thefog shoots .. right into some glass and a moving blanket and there was no residue.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3656 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

just wanted to share the fog juice , which makes a claim of little residue ... i did feel the area where thefog shoots .. right into some glass and a moving blanket and there was no residue.
[quoted image]

Is this what you used? Because this is the stuff I'm talking about. Apparently there are some foggers that can use it.

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

hahahaha Holy crap!!!! That is some topper! I love it!

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this what you used? Because this is the stuff I'm talking about. Apparently there are some foggers that can use it.

yes .. i dont want to de-rail the thread any further .. but if it helps getting fog in an Alien! ..why not!

also , that's a regular fog machine

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

yes .. i dont want to de-rail the thread any further .. but if it helps getting fog in an Alien! ..why not!

It's not a derail! It's potential!

#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

ya man!! that is frikkin awesome! can't wait to see what you do for alien!

#3661 2 years ago

He's going to have the actual queen Alien puppet used in the second film hovering over his playfield.

Time to start testing it now now!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Most guys spend $200 to put invisiglass on their game so they can see the PF clearer and you guys want to fire up a fog machine under the glass...

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Most guys spend $200 to put invisiglass on their game so they can see the PF clearer and you guys want to fire up a fog machine under the glass...

No.

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The fog machine in the video is behind the game, it's more for ambience. I don't think most people spend $200 on Invisiglass, I know barely anyone local that buys it for their games. I get $25 playfield glass from a local collector.

#3665 2 years ago

What about something that shoots alien snot or whatever that goop is bathing the pods/entombing the colonists, at you during gameplay? I kind of want speakers on wall behind me for alien sounds like I’m about to be lunch.

#3666 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The fog machine in the video is behind the game, it's more for ambience. I don't think most people spend $200 on Invisiglass, I know barely anyone local that buys it for their games. I get $25 playfield glass from a local collector.

Fuel prices are up, its more like $40 to make glass right now. I just had a dozen sheets made.

#3667 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted 100 times already, but anyone have an idea of what timeline they’re thinking for introducing the LV?

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Sorry if this has been posted 100 times already, but anyone have an idea of what timeline they’re thinking for introducing the LV?

It hasn't been posted 100 times.... it has been posted 1,000 times. For the 1001st time, it will be mid 2021!

#3669 2 years ago

Fair enough... I’ve been offline a long time, just excited about the opportunity to possibly finally get one of these. Sorry to clutter the thread.

#3670 2 years ago

How many Pinball Bros Alien pins have landed in the US?

I see on Cointaker’s website that a Q1 shipment was expected, with a Q2 group filling now. What’s the reality?

#3671 2 years ago

Cointaker got a sample machine a month or so ago that they took to Pinbrew. Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys, CA took delivery of one over a week ago, but that was drop shipped direct from Pinball Brothers. First shipment of 4 arrived to Cointaker today and are being trucked onwards as we speak. I am scheduled to get mine delivered on Wednesday - if all goes well. I’ll be posting pics and videos once it arrives.

#3672 2 years ago

Tilt Pinball Bar (Minneapolis, MN) got theirs last week and my wife and I stopped in last Sat. to play it - so there’s clearly more than just Cointaker & Gogi that received one (as of last week).

#3673 2 years ago

strange that noone has reviewed either game at those 2 locations.

#3674 2 years ago

Keen to get a “view from the trenches” opinion about this pin. I’m grateful for the guy that posted the unboxing video, but would like a balanced set of opinions

#3675 2 years ago

Hi. I have the option to get hold of an original Heighway Alien (LE) model... which, bearing in mind the whole production run is pretty LE, an LE version of it will be super LE... anyhow, does anyone have an opinion about if getting an original Alien would be preferable over waiting for this game to be produced? Does this game offer enhancements over the Heighway game, or vice versa?

Thanks!

#3676 2 years ago

Supposedly this game offers more reliability (yet to be seen).

Heighway has the screen in the playfield and the beacons.

Then there's standard cabinet vs. heighway cabinet etc.

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Hi. I have the option to get hold of an original Heighway Alien (LE) model... which, bearing in mind the whole production run is pretty LE, an LE version of it will be super LE... anyhow, does anyone have an opinion about if getting an original Alien would be preferable over waiting for this game to be produced? Does this game offer enhancements over the Heighway game, or vice versa?
Thanks!

It really depends on your comfort level when it comes to tweaking or fixing things, really. The OG Alien, even LE ones, were not all created equal. Later runs had improvements, and owners have made improvements thereafter - the consensus seems to be on some of these things that they are "essential fixes" (PSU springs to mind?). Parts availability is - I'm told - better now, but it's not uncommon to see OG Aliens sold with a myriad of spare "backup" parts - which should tell you something.

At this point in time no one really knows what the new Alien is like, or how long it'll be supported for. One would like to think that PB - having been invested in Heighway - have "been around the block" with this, but it's by no means certain. You need only start at the beginning of the OG Alien thread to see positive sentiments slowly disintegrate.

Anyone buying either an OG Alien or this new one should be doing it with both eyes open. PB are not Stern or JJP. They have no track record and customer service, support, etc is as yet untested (not that Stern/JJP are necessarily beacons of virtue in that regard either).

#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

You need only start at the beginning of the OG Alien thread to see positive sentiments slowly disintegrate.

Thanks for your comments. Do you have a link to that OG Alien thread, and what does 'OG' stand for?

The music/sounds in the Heighway Alien seem excellent from the You Tube vids I've seen so far... is it the plan for PB to copy the sound package does anyone know?

Thanks!

#3679 2 years ago

Thanks for your comments. Do you have a link to that OG Alien thread, and what does 'OG' stand for?
The music/sounds in the Heighway Alien seem excellent from the You Tube vids I've seen so far... is it the plan for PB to copy the sound package does anyone know?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread

OG = original

The music and video clips are all the same between the OG Heighway Alien and the PB versions - the gameplay is very similar but there are a few differences (physical ball lock, additional PF magnet and secret passage from the orbit into the airlock in the PB machine)

#3680 2 years ago

pinballslave - take an hour or two to read through all the threads and make your own mind up

I wouldn't touch an OG with a barge pole. The new version still needs to be fully released, but the reliability is supposed to be improved and hopefully it has a future and therefore actively supported.

#3681 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

pinballslave - take an hour or two to read through all the threads and make your own mind up

I think a better estimate of the time involved to do that would be a month or 2

Quoted from thewool:

I wouldn't touch an OG with a barge pole. The new version still needs to be fully released, but the reliability is supposed to be improved and hopefully it has a future and therefore actively supported.

If there was a 'thumb up' emoticon I'd put it here!

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Then there's standard cabinet vs. heighway cabinet etc.

That Illuminated side panel on the OG version looks bad ass IMO...

20210504_141334 (resized).jpg20210504_141334 (resized).jpg
#3683 2 years ago

That Illuminated side panel on the OG version looks bad ass IMO...[quoted image]

Yes its pretty cool, and the cabinet is like heavy/sturdy as shit. I think they used some sort of heavier wood then your standard pinball machine?

Nice speaker panels and backlighting.

#3684 2 years ago

That Illuminated side panel on the OG version looks bad ass IMO...[quoted image]

it's badass no doubt! Love the way they look.

I'm expecting (b/c it's such an easy sell) for pingraffix to release they lit side blades for alien to achieve the same effect but we'll see. OG alien is still a great looking game no doubt. I never disliked the cabinet either. Nice having a standout too.

#3685 2 years ago

Are Pinball Bros using PROC?

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's badass no doubt! Love the way they look.
I'm expecting (b/c it's such an easy sell) for pingraffix to release they lit side blades for alien to achieve the same effect but we'll see. OG alien is still a great looking game no doubt. I never disliked the cabinet either. Nice having a standout too.

I keep thinking that there are some pretty brilliant minds around here that someone would actually just DIY a mod that mimics those sides for their own machine. I suppose there could be an issue with sturdiness if you cut a big hole out of both sides of the cab, but I'm sure there's an engineering method to remedy that.

I always thought those were pretty badass and surprised no one else has done something like that for their CE versions.

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice having a standout too.

Yes, I like to mix it up!

#3688 2 years ago

One more comparison question... Will the PB game use the same big backglass screen as the Heighway game?

#3689 2 years ago

One more comparison question... Will the PB game use the same big backglass screen as the Heighway game?

No, it is more of a standard one. Go watch the video someone posted a few pages back. You get a very good look at it.

This is the basic break down on what we know so far:

Pros: Half the price
Physical ball locks
Extra magnet
Williams Cab
Most likely more reliable overall
ie: redesigned face huggers that are not supposed to break as easy
Appears to be redesigned electronically from the ground up (underneath workings seem completely different)
Better / more RGB lighting
Chromed shiny ramps

Cons: (on Standard version)
Doesn't have the cool lit cabinet
No playfield screen
Smaller more standard pinball backbox screen
No powdercoat on trim
No lit inside sideblades
Cheap plastic translite thing (honestly don't know what you would call it). No glass for backglass.

And before you ask, no we do not know what the LV will have on it.

#3690 2 years ago

Con. Crappy back plastic instead of a backglass or translite against glass.

#3691 2 years ago

The boards on the bottom look to be new designs, and more modular than the original - so theoretically easier to replace a faulty one.

The clincher for me is how much of an upgrade the LV version is going to be. If it's anything close to the original - i.e. bigger backbox screen, playfield screen, etc then it would be a no brainer to get the newer one, imo.

#3693 2 years ago

No

Quoted from 27dnast:

Are Pinball Bros using PROC?

#3694 2 years ago

It might be nice if PB did something similar for Aliens LV as what Haggis did for Fathom:

#3695 2 years ago

Pro: Better looking ramps and light up ball guides

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It might be nice if PB did something similar for Aliens LV as what Haggis did for Fathom:

So is that like street sign reflective?

#3697 2 years ago

This game is using FAST.

#3698 2 years ago

Anyone have a sense from Cointaker what the timing of games will be to the US for the bulk of customers?

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Anyone have a sense from Cointaker what the timing of games will be to the US for the bulk of customers?

When I paid my invoice last week I was told they should be on the boat in 10 days and that tracking info should be provided then.

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

When I paid my invoice last week I was told they should be on the boat in 10 days and that tracking info should be provided then.

Congrats!

What are they saying about replacement parts?

Is the game considered code complete? Have they added anything new?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/74?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.