20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And we’ll all turn to dust. I’m enjoying the debates here, so at least the Stern Army vs the Jersey Boys has that going.

No idea what any of this means with regards to my post, actually without regard to my post. R we doing some Monday drinking perhaps?

#3602 2 years ago

I just need to know one thing. Where...they...are...

Someone make a web based ship tracker

tracker (resized).JPGtracker (resized).JPG

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just need to know one thing. Where...they...are...
Someone make a web based ship tracker
[quoted image]

That would be hilarious. Great idea!

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just paid in full and I'm #27 in line, if that means anything.

It does. I missed the first container by 5 games.

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It does. I missed the first container by 5 games.

That's okay man!! More kinks worked out before we get ours! I've been over being a beta tester for years. I just want crap to work.

#3606 2 years ago

I want an LV.

I know i felt disappointed before I saw the amazing video.

But im ABSOLUTELY in now! Lol...

Crossing my fingers that an LV will be available for me.

#3607 2 years ago

I sent money too! I'm #16

I badly want my ALIEN now!! I'm excited

#3608 2 years ago

Today is 3 weeks since I paid for one of the air freight shipment that was quoted to be in my hands within 10-12 days - they haven’t even arrived at Cointaker yet. Expect delays and you won’t be disappointed. That was much easier when I had lower expectations but these latest videos have wrecked that

#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

I sent money too! I'm #16

It's been exactly 0 minutes since I checked my inbox.

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m supposed to pay the balance due but I’m not sure I’ve seen enough.
I wanted to see what the LE looks like and see what issues people are having too.

If time in this hobby has taught us anything, it's that patience is a virtue. Especially regarding unlimited run games and games from new companies.

That being said, I think the new Alien looks great and I like a lot of the changes.

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Where'd crazylevi go?
I think he's supposed to get a tattoo of Odin on his butt too...

Hes a sjw. Hit and run, he wont respond.

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Where'd crazylevi go?
I think he's supposed to get a tattoo of Odin on his butt too...

He has to respect the Pinside order of operations -- Kaneda is up first in the ass-tatt queue after his own Alien misfire.

[From 2 Years Ago]

Quoted from adamross:

If this turns out to not be true K said he will get a tattoo on his ass.

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hes a sjw. Hit and run, he wont respond.

Maybe he is waiting until he can display his new tat? These things take time.

Levi has his share of wisdom and insight and delivers it with his signature entertaining wit. He is a needed antidote for a lot of the nonsense on this site.

However, sometimes he is way too sure of himself and a dash of humility would probably help him. But don’t go changin’ too much, Levi!

#3614 2 years ago

Infinity Alien Mirror

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3615 2 years ago

After seeing all the changes under the playfield and the focus on making these easier to assemble, this is a really awesome sight. The library of technical documents on the Pinball Brothers webpage is also growing and hopefully indicates a focus on after sales support. I know a lot of people second guessed the decision to assemble these at Pedretti but I think that PB is a lot more savvy than we thought.

Now just get these things delivered!

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

After seeing all the changes under the playfield and the focus on making these easier to assemble, this is a really awesome sight. The library of technical documents on the Pinball Brothers webpage is also growing and hopefully indicates a focus on after sales support. I know a lot of people second guessed the decision to assemble these at Pedretti but I think that PB is a lot more savvy than we thought.
Now just get these things delivered!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the quicker we get these SV on the boats the quicker we can start dreaming about the LV.

#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Infinity Alien Mirror
[quoted image]

whoa! are all of these more finished ones ready to ship?

#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

whoa! are all of these more finished ones ready to ship?

Probably getting close, those look pretty complete. It could be the ones heading to the ship for first shipment though.

#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Infinity Alien Mirror
[quoted image]

What a beautiful site to see. Aliens on an Italian marble floor. Now thats production with Class! Can't wait.

#3621 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What a beautiful site to see. Aliens on an Italian marble floor. Now thats production with Class! Can't wait.

We are coming to you for a few mods.....so get busy...lol

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We are coming to you for a few mods.....so get busy...lol

Appreciated though after owning one for awhile this game is dam near perfect. Almost an experience in my view. Rather impressed they pulled this off and so glad the masses will finally get to experience what this game is all about. IF it wasn't for the reliability issues (my game and experience no debate please) I would never have sold it. So glad to be on the list with others.

#3623 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Appreciated though after owning one for awhile this game is dam near perfect. Almost an experience in my view. Rather impressed they pulled this off and so glad the masses will finally get to experience what this game is all about. IF it wasn't for the reliability issues (my game and experience no debate please) I would never have sold it. So glad to be on the list with others.

95% perfect, needs a topper and a few extras for me to make it 100%..easy things already available. My usual mods are shakers, sound systems and lighting.. Might only need one of those 3. I can't wait to get the reveal in a few months on the LV.

#3624 2 years ago

95% perfect, needs a topper and a few extras for me to make it 100%..easy things already available. My usual mods are shakers, sound systems and lighting.. Might only need one of those 3. I can't wait to get the reveal in a few months on the LV.

I would really try to avoid adding lighting. That would be my only suggestion. If the side light blades come out (looking at you Pingraffix!) get those. Shaker use is also very weak in this game. Topper is the one you'll need - which is likely the one you're referring to.

#3625 2 years ago

Strobes...it needs strobes. I will wait and see what they implement on this one.

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Strobes...it needs strobes. I will wait and see what they implement on this one.

strobe on that Alien head !!! not sure how that never made it into the plans

#3627 2 years ago

Strobes and industrial beacons for the win!!

#3628 2 years ago

Yeah strobes would def work - like the OG mod when the Alien tongue comes out.

#3629 2 years ago

Now that recent video and pics have shown us what PB has been up to for the last couple years we are beginning to see the extent of some careful planning that has gone into bringing this pin back, streamlined and improved.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet against them already having a plan for the beacons and who knows, maybe even strobes.

They did say during the initial podcast reveal that there may be optional factory installed upgrades as well as user installed upgrades to come, but didn't want to introduce any more complexity in the manufacturing process early in the SV run.

We did hear casually mentioned in the podcast also that there are already output leads for a shaker motor in the SV's, yet nothing has been mentioned as to when they'll make their shaker's available.

My guess is we will see the beacons and other accessories introduced closer to when they begin promoting the LV, which will probably have all the extras included, as well as other goodies unique to the LV model.

#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Now that recent video and pics have shown us what PB has been up to for the last couple years we are beginning to see the extent of some careful planning that has gone into bringing this pin back, streamlined and improved.
Having said that, I wouldn't bet against them already having a plan for the beacons and who knows, maybe even strobes.
They did say during the initial podcast reveal that there may be optional factory installed upgrades as well as user installed upgrades to come, but didn't want to introduce any more complexity in the manufacturing process early in the SV run.
We did hear casually mentioned in the podcast also that there are already output leads for a shaker motor in the SV's, yet nothing has been mentioned as to when they'll make their shaker's available.
My guess is we will see the beacons and other accessories introduced closer to when they begin promoting the LV, which will probably have all the extras included, as well as other goodies unique to the LV model.

I emailed them and they responded this morning that they haven’t thought about the beacons. Basically nothing. Now they could be lying to cover but I doubt it.

#3631 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I emailed them and they responded this morning that they haven’t thought about the beacons. Basically nothing. Now they could be lying to cover but I doubt it.

I find it really odd that they 'haven't thought' about beacons. Since the OG had them, clearly they had to consider them and decide to leave them off at the very least. I imagine it is completely about the LV.

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Lol, I never believed for a moment that whatever topper they go with would be anything other than the beacons. We'll see!

Let's face it, we're not going to get any info on what surprises the LV holds until they finalize what's going into it. They said during the SV podcast intro that they have a lot more stuff they want to put in the LV than can actually fit in it.

#3633 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I find it really odd that they 'haven't thought' about beacons. Since the OG had them, clearly they had to consider them and decide to leave them off at the very least. I imagine it is completely about the LV.

So do I! But that’s what they told me.

Honestly, the way they’ve handled the rollout on this has been poor but they seem to have delivered where it matters (better parts, more reliability, better code, more features, etc).

#3634 2 years ago

ALIEN would be the game that should have that crazy 'steam' blast thing that THE ART OF PINBALL guy pitched for any any game a couple years ago.

#3635 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ALIEN would be the game that should have that crazy 'steam' blast thing that THE ART OF PINBALL guy pitched for any any game a couple years ago.

I did ask PB about coding in a fog machine option for Alien a while back and they responded to me saying that they did consider doing that early on but reserved that option for another pin they have planned down the line.

#3636 2 years ago

I am curious how loud the fan is for the PSU..I had to change out the one in my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle because the pinball machine sounded like a server next to my other pinball machines.

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

PB were mere investors in the OG Alien, remember. Heighway designed it. As they basically inherited what was left, I guess it’s not that outlandish that they haven’t given thing like strobes a great deal of consideration, relative to the community.

Quoted from delt31:

So do I! But that’s what they told me.
Honestly, the way they’ve handled the rollout on this has been poor but they seem to have delivered where it matters (better parts, more reliability, better code, more features, etc).

You’re getting all that from a single unboxing video?
Not trying to be “glass half empty” but let’s see what things are like when they exist in numbers in the field, with people playing them a lot, etc.

#3638 2 years ago

I just combined all the documents they have released so far into one large document, I'll add to it as more become available but I figure may as well get started building a manual since they are releasing things file by file it seems. Glad they are doing that though as it is more than Heighway ever seemed to do.

Alien by Pinball Brothers Documents Combined.pdfAlien by Pinball Brothers Documents Combined.pdf

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you do decide to make some mods for this pin, can you PLEASE make a 3D hypersleep mod for it?

Months ago (1) pinsider had plans to make an interactive hypersleep chamber that would lift slightly whenever you locked the ball. That would be awesome, but heck I wouldn't mind if it just sat there in all it's 3D glory.

Just an idea.

#3640 2 years ago

There is already a 3D hyperpod with becon light

I have it in my OG full modded out

Check here I made a video

https://streamable.com/emkouo

You can download the pod on Tverse search for alien pinball

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

There is already a 3D hyperpod with becon light
I have it in my OG full modded out
Check here I made a video
https://streamable.com/emkouo
You can download the pod on Tverse search for alien pinball

That looks amazing!

That apron isn’t standard, is it?

Nice motion tracker on the shooter lane too.

I watched Aliens the other day (for like the millionth time).. if the LV looks anything like that I’m going to be all in. I really hope it has a playfield LCD.

#3642 2 years ago

Don’t forget the remake has an actual hyper sleep ball lock mechanism in that area and that it does move up and down to eject the balls.

#3643 2 years ago

The OG has the same mech in there it just does hold the balls. So you can easy mod it with the 3D hypersleep mod also in the old and new version as it sits on top of the hypersleep plastic

No the apron is fully custom also the lighting and the motion tracker same with the pods etc

Will upload a video later on the beacon light options I have in the game when loader battle starts etc

#3644 2 years ago

This is getting exciting. It's nice to brainstorm ideas. I love Pinstadiums , can u imagine a nice dark green / blue and super white flashes during game play. I could even go full on RED when XENo grabs ball....

Got to add this.....https://backalleycreations.com/collections/alien-pinball-mods/products/open-alien-egg-for-pop-bumper

We should have a contest-poll on when we think we will get the news on the LV. Winner gets a little prize.

Okay back to the JOB...later all.

#3645 2 years ago

I love Pinstadiums , can u imagine a nice dark green / blue and super white flashes during game play.

Get away from her you bitch!

#3646 2 years ago

I agree..play the game before you add pinstadiums..if ever there was a hard pass on that product..this is the game! don't do it!

#3647 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I agree..play the game before you add pinstadiums..if ever there was a hard pass on that product..this is the game! don't do it!

Agreed.. it's disappointing that people just want to throw Pinstadiums on everything, when they haven't even seen the lighting in the game! And it's an Alien theme, it should be dark and dank.

#3648 2 years ago

I'd rather have violently infected piles than Pinstadiums...

#3649 2 years ago

I own the OG with the upgraded light system so a bit more lighting and the apron mod with build in led. NO pinstadium as that will make the creepy feel to the game go away

#3650 2 years ago

I'd like to see the zeno react more to target hits. Mouth articulation and more magnet activity. Then when the ball snatch happens the future strobe lighting mod goes crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

9,799 (OBO)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.