20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 82.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

On a side note can you show the purpose of the sentry guns and how the player can interact with that feature. There has got to be a reason why it's there instead of the playfield screen. Besides the obvious reason.

Sentry gun multiball qualify status. Switch hits (?) work towards qualifying the multiball... the light bars should track that progress

#3552 2 years ago

Awesome vid, was like watching Alien vs Predator

#3553 2 years ago

Anyone know what this is?

37C1E5FC-1BB2-4ABD-8777-903A5831657A (resized).jpeg37C1E5FC-1BB2-4ABD-8777-903A5831657A (resized).jpeg
#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

A piece of plastic atop stand offs.

#3556 2 years ago

The Pinball Brothers remake looks and sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the LV edition...I'm patiently waiting for this masterpiece.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The Pinball Brothers remake looks and sounds awesome!

I agree. I was skeptical but it looks very good.

#3558 2 years ago

I'm going to wait and see what the next stern is vs what the LV has to offer. Then make up my mind.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from pinball Brothers.

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm going to wait and see what the next stern is vs what the LV has to offer. Then make up my mind.
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from pinball Brothers.

Like saying Stern (Led Zeppelin) was going to beat JJP (Guns & Roses). Hands down Stern has for forgotten (needs to relearn) what the competition is bringing to the table.

#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Like saying Stern (Led Zeppelin) was going to beat JJP (Guns & Roses). Hands down Stern has for forgotten (needs to relearn) what the competition is bringing to the table.

Utter, very hot, steaming, smelly Horse Manure.

Stern has no competition. Why does LZ have to beat GnR or vice versa? More delusional talk as if GnR has raised the bar, all the crap. GnR will disappear into the sea of pinball machines like all the others will. Including Alien.

#3561 2 years ago

I signed up for an LV.

The vid swayed me over the top.

I hope I get one.

I hope its not like a lottery or a clickfest like R&M was.....

I think this will sell out immediately.

I would prefer to just just buy it now....

Will I be kicking myself for not just paying the deposit for a standard?

Or do I have to just buy both?

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I signed up for an LV.
The vid swayed me over the top.
I hope I get one.
I hope its not like a lottery or a clickfest like R&M was.....
I think this will sell out immediately.
I would prefer to just just buy it now....
Will I be kicking myself for not just paying the deposit for a standard?
Or do I have to just buy both?

I played the I'll buy the SV now, and I put my order in the for LV - I'll make the decision once they actually show the details. As it is, it would need to be blow me away things to drop the extra money. I can live without things like anti glare glass, etc. They also originally said that they thought many of the cosmetic things for the LV could be bought outright. It's just way too early to know for sure.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I played the I'll buy the SV now, and I put my order in the for LV - I'll make the decision once they actually show the details. As it is, it would need to be blow me away things to drop the extra money. I can live without things like anti glare glass, etc. They also originally said that they thought many of the cosmetic things for the LV could be bought outright. It's just way too early to know for sure.

Can I put in an order for an LV?

Or is it just a "Chance" at getting one...

#3564 2 years ago

Looks like there are two "1st Quarter" SE's available right now at CoinTaker. Get it while it lasts.

https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Can I put in an order for an LV?
Or is it just a "Chance" at getting one...

It's not random or anything. You put $1 down and you are put on the list. It's mostly just to gauge interest. I am sure for the most part it is first come first serve. As for 'chance'...I think it's all chance right now.

#3566 2 years ago

I just signed up for an LV version interest list too. A new version of Alien?? Yes please!

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

I agree. I was skeptical but it looks very good.

Ya think???

#3568 2 years ago

Think what? that it looks very good? Yeah that's why I typed "it looks very good" Man this is a tough room.

#3569 2 years ago

Think what? that it looks very good? Yeah that's why I typed "it looks very good" Man this is a tough room.

“I was skeptical.....”
Lot of naysayers. It’s cool though. Everyone can have a change of heart.

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

“I was skeptical.....”

All the naysayers seem to have shut up. haha

#3571 2 years ago

yup..I felt like the new one wasn't even gonna be close.. but that dude's video changed my mind! I don't want to miss out on a standard but would like to see more bugs worked out before I pulled the plungeR on my first n.i.b. pin! *no longer a nay sayer*

- still gonna wait until a couple hundred have shipped before I get too crazy excited tho.. but very promising

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Well don’t forget the originals did come out for a while too and the naysayers were silenced for a while then the company went bankrupt so let’s see what happens , roll that dice !

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

“I was skeptical.....”

Oh no I was skeptical we wouldn't even get this far, so that's good, the game looking better than expected is a bonus but there's still a lot of skepticism as to whether or not this will prosper to the point I can dive in and buy one. Heighway had a pin out and their second was looking good, then what happened?

I'm not interested in the LV but any ideas on how many SV's they are planning or is it unlimited to demand.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Looks like there are two "1st Quarter" SE's available right now at CoinTaker. Get it while it lasts.
https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers
[quoted image]

Quoted from brado426:

People have every right to be extremely cautious about this game, including the company.

A nice video from an enthusiastic guy who was very honest w " a few minor bugs need to be worked out as this is a proto" after you could hear launch problems in the background before stream stopped to next shot.....

Nobody is " shutting up" , just possibly trying to stay quiet, still hoping for a reliable, supported machine...not being " blinded by the ramps"...waiting still for actual owners w actual games to see how things go.

How many have paid in full for this by now? Is yours playing well? I see it in your collection.....being boastful at this phase is premature...

#3575 2 years ago

I'm not interested in the LV but any ideas on how many SV's they are planning or is it unlimited to demand.

Unlimited to demand at this point.

#3576 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

People have every right to be extremely cautious about this game, including the company.
A nice video from an enthusiastic guy who was very honest w " a few minor bugs need to be worked out as this is a proto" after you could hear launch problems in the background before stream stopped to next shot.....
Nobody is " shutting up" , just possibly trying to stay quiet, still hoping for a reliable, supported machine...not being " blinded by the ramps"...waiting still for actual owners w actual games to see how things go.
How many have paid in full for this by now? Is yours playing well? I see it in your collection.....being boastful at this phase is premature...

I'm interested in buying one, but content to wait till the bugs are ironed out.

One of the most iconic Sci-Fi themes of all time with sound by David Thiel?

Take my money.

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm interested in buying one, but content to wait till the bugs are ironed out.
One of the most iconic Sci-Fi themes of all time with sound by David Thiel?
Take my money.

Wise and correct. The game is deadly....

#3579 2 years ago

Nice! I see a 2x2 pin molex shaker motor connector. I'm curious what kind of shakers will work.

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Nice! I see a 2x2 pin molex shaker motor connector. I'm curious what kind of shakers will work.

And where would the Beacons connect??

#3581 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

And where would the Beacons connect??

Maybe Backbox Extension Out.

#3582 2 years ago

I’m supposed to pay the balance due but I’m not sure I’ve seen enough.

I wanted to see what the LE looks like and see what issues people are having too.

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to see what the LE looks like and see what issues people are having too.

I do not think you will be disappointed by paying your deposit now and the game you get..
But I am happy to jump up some spots in line if you want to back out

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well if you were early on the list, you can ask to be put further back? At this point, I think we've seen what we're going to see, but to expect to hold off until LV reveal is asking a bit much since they always said middle of the year. Not sure why you are asking here. If you are unsure right now, don't buy it. It will be another 2 months before any LV info.

#3585 2 years ago

If things go well ... Im assuming the United States will be pretty overwhelmed with new Alien pinball machines and in a matter of months. Every mom , grandpa, uncle , tom , dick and harry will have one, so if you are rethinking about a standard machine, you have time to wait and could easily find one on the used market. LV not sure.

#3586 2 years ago

Ohh yessss!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3587 2 years ago

Bastard.

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Ohh yessss!
[quoted image]

Congrats! That's so exciting!

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Ohh yessss!
[quoted image]

Do you know what # you were in line?

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Do you know what # you were in line?

I never asked, but I ordered pretty early on December 18th.

#3591 2 years ago

Just paid in full and I'm #27 in line, if that means anything.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Just paid in full and I'm #27 in line, if that means anything.

Oh wow! Thank you so much! When did you place your order?

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Oh wow! Thank you so much! When did you place your order?

The day it was announced, 12/18/20.

#3594 2 years ago

Where'd crazylevi go?
I think he's supposed to get a tattoo of Odin on his butt too...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK, since this thread is quickly dying its well-deserved death, let's just go over this one more time for you "no-brainer!" types. This can just be cut and pasted into future Alien fantasy threads. Here's why Alien will never be remade:
1. The game needs to be completely re-engineered and redesigned to be reliable and fit into whatever cabinet is being used.
2. Possible licensing issues.
3. Possible legal issues and liabilities.
4. There's dozens of better projects for a pinball company to invest their time in that will be more profitable, less expensive, and easier, without the legal and ethical baggage attached to the Alien disaster.
Alien cannot be "remade." It needs to be redone. You are basically making a new game from the ground up, with all the time, costs, and hassles that this entails, with the added fun of trying to clean up the disaster that was Heighway Pinball's amateur design and engineering and the hundreds of pissed off former customers they left in their hydrofoil-induced wake. So once again, why make Alien?
I've never once heard a convincing case or an educated argument why it would make even the slightest amount of sense.

#3595 2 years ago

ah, there it is...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Alien will never be remade by a "different" pinball company for the many reasons I've stated time and time again every time people indulge in this fantasy. Those reasons were true last time people thought this was a "no brainer," and they'll be true next time.
I'm 100 percent sure of that.
If I'm wrong, I'll never post again and I'll get a tattoo of Odin on my ass.

#3596 2 years ago

being a man of his word I'd assume he's at the tattoo shop.. vicariously bent over a chair.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ah, there it is...

Sounds like the Levy broke.

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So are you excited that someone got an Alien? Or are you here cautiously give a bunch of grown men advice on how to proceed?....because it’s your right.
CMON!! This is fantastic news!!!
Great job so far Pinball Brothers!! You’re kick ass!

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So are you excited that someone got an Alien? Or are you here cautiously give a bunch of grown men advice on how to proceed?....because it’s your right.
CMON!! This is fantastic news!!!
Great job so far Pinball Brothers!! You’re kick ass!

I've only seen 2 proto games so far, and I think 3 that got lost on a ship or something.

Lots of grown men lost $$$ the last time or got poorly built, early " proto" games. Last thing I want to see this go around.

Think I just stated I'll be happy when a bunch of unboxings and happy owners start posting over time, and no harm in waiting....sort of simple

My opinion or " advise" ultimately mean nothing, as it's not my $$$.....be excited....

#3600 2 years ago

Utter, very hot, steaming, smelly Horse Manure.
Stern has no competition. Why does LZ have to beat GnR or vice versa? More delusional talk as if GnR has raised the bar, all the crap. GnR will disappear into the sea of pinball machines like all the others will. Including Alien.

And we’ll all turn to dust. I’m enjoying the debates here, so at least the Stern Army vs the Jersey Boys has that going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.