20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 82.
#3501 2 years ago

Really liked the video. Thank you for posting and your honest, enthusiastic comments!..Good to see RJ45 connectors and the vertical, back-lit plastics along some ballways... look really cool.

Should be a strong contender at that price point if it plays well and is supported.

#3502 2 years ago

Great video, thanks.

Hopefully you get the sound issue sorted. At least it sounds (huhu) like it might be a wiring issue?

Was surprised to see the boards screwed directly to the playfield, with no apparent standoffs. Have never seen that before but I guess nowadays with surface mount technology it can be done? At least it eliminates any light bleed

I’m guessing it’s totally incompatible with the OG stuff?

Looking forward to the LE reveal now.

#3503 2 years ago

For me, it I get one. All the chrome is the first thing to go. Needs to be a dark colour. Chrome looks completely wrong.

#3504 2 years ago

Chrome ramps is an interesting choice. I feel like it’s something that has probably been considered before by other manufacturers but dismissed for whatever reason?

Given it’s a contact surface I wonder how it’ll hold up to scratched balls etc. Ball trails are a problem on worn plastic ramps, on chrome I have to assume that effect will be magnified?

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Chrome ramps is an interesting choice. I feel like it’s something that has probably been considered before by other manufacturers but dismissed for whatever reason?
Given it’s a contact surface I wonder how it’ll hold up to scratched balls etc. Ball trails are a problem on worn plastic ramps, on chrome I have to assume that effect will be magnified?

Could just be polished vs chrome. SS era had plenty of plated stuff.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Chrome looks completely wrong.

Fully agree. A rustic black or grey that looks like part of an old ship. I prefer the OG ramps.

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Could just be polished vs chrome. SS era had plenty of plated stuff.

Fair enough, thanks. I have next to no knowledge of pins from that era. Does it hold up ok?

#3508 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Fair enough, thanks. I have next to no knowledge of pins from that era. Does it hold up ok?

It gets dulling tracks - like all metal. But they weren't particularly a weak point. The advantage of the stainless stuff that is popular now is it's super easy to refinish stuff and get back to a factory finish.

#3509 2 years ago

Pleasantly surprised.
The unboxer looked extremely excited, that’s a very good sign considering he has an original HP sat in the room.
Apart from the sound, which hopefully should be a simple fix.

#3510 2 years ago

Plastic lane guides.
I like the idea regarding light spread but dont think its practical on a pinball playfield.

#3511 2 years ago

Yes plastic has never worked before. Except, you know, ramps. And bash toys, entire and partial playfields, drop targets, stand ups, my cheaper pair of flip flops...

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Fully agree. A rustic black or grey that looks like part of an old ship. I prefer the OG ramps.

Was referring to external chrome, but ramps as well.

#3513 2 years ago

Love the chrome / mirror finish ramps. The old ones looked odd and out of place to me.

#3514 2 years ago

I love the shiny ramps. It doesn't matter what material it is made out of, it will get ball trails.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yes plastic has never worked before. Except, you know, ramps. And bash toys, entire and partial playfields, drop targets, stand ups, my cheaper pair of flip flops...

And how often do you deal with broken metal ball guides vs us replacing ramps, bash toys, drop targets etc?

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And how often do you deal with broken metal ball guides vs us replacing ramps, bash toys, drop targets etc?

Both the wire ball guides on the Flash Gordon I'm restoring are busted off, more common than you would think.

Not a deal breaker either way, its pinball and stuff will inevitably get broken despite your best efforts!

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Both the wire ball guides on the Flash Gordon I'm restoring are busted off, more common than you would think.
Not a deal breaker either way, its pinball and stuff will inevitably get broken despite your best efforts!

Those wires fatigue after many decades and like to snap above the bur. I think we can all agree after nearly 40 years we can say they served their full tour

#3518 2 years ago

Overall package looks really...really good.
Congrats to Pinball Brothers.
For the money, what you’re getting is a home run.
The Williams cabinet and cabinet artwork is a home run.
Never liked the goofy backbox on the old one.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Pleasantly surprised.
The unboxer looked extremely excited, that’s a very good sign considering he has an original HP sat in the room.
Apart from the sound, which hopefully should be a simple fix.

They couldn't have picked a better guy to do the first "unboxing" video. His excitement and enthusiasm certainly rubs off! I'm super excited.... this machine is way better than I expected! I don't even know what position I'm in to receive these, but I did order early on December 18th, so I'm hoping I should be getting an Email soon!

#3520 2 years ago

Was watching the video and when he locked ball 2 in the hyper sleep lock it went to a Bug Hunt multi ball not hyper sleep multi ball. He seemed surprised and then then the video cut out to the next part. Is this right? More videos please!

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Was watching the video and when he locked ball 2 in the hyper sleep lock it went to a Bug Hunt multi ball not hyper sleep multi ball.

You mean when he feeds the Hypersleep by hand?
Look at the screen and listen to the sound: It jumps right into Hypersleep Multiball as it should. It’s set to easy so it starts after the second locked ball already.

#3522 2 years ago

Excited for the LV announcement , I hope it has some type of black trim / armor. I would imagine an upgraded backbox larger LCD, Also for the LV I could see them using the same type of resin / clear stuff for the sides of the cabinets where it says "ALIEN" and have that lit with color changing LED's.

alienLV (resized).pngalienLV (resized).png
#3523 2 years ago

I really am not a fan of how they released this. It's to the point now I wish they would not have even brought up having 2 models. Not only because of all the 'bigger screen/pf comments' but simply because they had no idea at the time what was going to be different, and so everyone is left guessing or on the sidelines until something is confirmed. For most people, buying one, just to turn around and buy the other is not really practical and I think overall this whole thing is going to hurt their total sales.

I bought an SV simply because, who knows if they will make it to LV's? Also, price points have went through the roof since the announcements. I have a feeling LV is going to cost more than originally stated, if they even make them (they have not hinted otherwise as of yet).

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I really am not a fan of how they released this. It's to the point now I wish they would not have even brought up having 2 models. Not only because of all the 'bigger screen/pf comments' but simply because they had no idea at the time what was going to be different, and so everyone is left guessing or on the sidelines until something is confirmed.
I bought an SV simply because, who knows if they will make it to LV's? Also, price points have went through the roof since the announcements. I have a feeling LV is going to cost more than originally stated, if they even make them (they have not hinted otherwise as of yet).

Not only 426 LV's but 79 XV's. The XV (Similar to Stern's SLE) will come with a piece of the Nostromo ship, with some blood remnants from a stow away.

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Ball marks
Drops covered on impact areas
Rubbers on other plastic bits.

Yep plastic ramps always look crap a few years on.
Metal you can brush up

#3526 2 years ago

The mini playfield screen was showing bug hunt as the current mode you would start if ball went into air lock, no mode started and it went into hypersleep multiball. This was a reply to yuriijos.

#3527 2 years ago

RETROCENGO This is just a guess, but I can see how the Right and Cabinet speakers could get easily mixed up. Seems the Right speaker cable feeds out the bottom of the backbox, makes a U turn and comes back up alongside the Cabinet speaker cable. They look the same visually. I bet you just need to swap the R and C cables.

Thanks for the great video. It is unfortunate that there was an audio issue because it dampened your otherwise positive vibe. I’m so excited to get mine!

18558645-2BC4-47F7-AE60-D7566EA6EE16 (resized).jpeg18558645-2BC4-47F7-AE60-D7566EA6EE16 (resized).jpeg
#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Not only 426 LV's but 79 XV's. The XV (Similar to Stern's SLE) will come with a piece of the Nostromo ship, with some blood remnants from a stow away.

No XVs!

Now LV-426 you bet. Going to be auctioned off.

#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

You mean when he feeds the Hypersleep by hand?
Look at the screen and listen to the sound: It jumps right into Hypersleep Multiball as it should. It’s set to easy so it starts after the second locked ball already.

Um, no, if you look at the screen and watch the video after he feeds the second ball it starts Bug Hunt.

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Um, no, if you look at the screen and watch the video after he feeds the second ball it starts Bug Hunt.

No, the screen said "Shoot to Start Bug Hunt", which was the mode lit at the scoop prior to the multiball starting. After Hypersleep started that message was cleared as you can't start modes during multiball.

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

No, the screen said "Shoot to Start Bug Hunt", which was the mode lit at the scoop prior to the multiball starting. After Hypersleep started that message was cleared as you can't start modes during multiball.

It does not. It says APC mode and then he feeds the second ball, it changes to Bug Hunt and then starts Bug Hunt without hitting the scoop to start it.

#3532 2 years ago

Please trust the game programmer.

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It does not. It says APC mode and then he feeds the second ball, it changes to Bug Hunt and then starts Bug Hunt without hitting the scoop to start it.

He is just changing the mode select when putting the ball through the ramp, no mode was started because ball never went into air lock. Watch the video again, it goes from combat drop to APC to bug hunt every time the ramp is hit.

#3534 2 years ago

I've been pre-occupied with other hobbies lately and this morning just watched the unboxing/play video everyone has been clamoring for over the past 6 months.

Home Run PB! Glad to see the 2 years in re-development were spent earnestly making all these momentous improvements. Nice payoff. The clean organized underside of the playfield looks to be on another level, well done. I especially like those playfield walls that were converted into RGB lighting areas, genius move and a most welcome change from the originals. The mechanical ball eating element seems to be solid now also.

Being a fanboy of the Alien franchise I'm in for an LV, but honestly, I would be ecstatic to own this edition if I was impatient or this was all that was being offered.

I still can't believe how the playfield underside looks so neat and simple compared to the underside of my TWD which has a multitude of differently sized wires heading in all directions comparatively. Perhaps this simplicity will make pumping these out in large numbers an afterthought reality once the factory gets rolling. It sure looks to have been well planned.

After the speaker wiring issue gets sorted on the featured pin in the video, I wonder what value adding a bone rattling self standing 30" subwoofer box on the floor underneath might add to the experience? I foresee a lot of drywall screws popping out of the walls in my future.

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like the minor artistic changes they made to the front.
I find it interesting he keeps bringing up the lock down bar locks. Is anyone even using the old style williams locks? I haven't seen one in years.

American Pinball still uses a full B/W style lockdown bar and he has all three API games sitting there so that may be why he's mentioning it so much.

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here, unboxing and a quick review:

Thanks for taking the time to shoot your unboxing video.

#3537 2 years ago

Some good information pulled from the comments from the fantastic unboxing video by Retrocengo.

This is from James Rees
Glad u liked it man! I designed mostly everything u see physically except for the artwork/electronics as well as the heighway version too. The second one we did, we did so much better, so nice to see this video

we worked it pretty much from the ground up again:
Made simpler flippers.
re designed the platforms/ramps to make assembly easier.
Changed the cabinet to a more traditional one.
Made the mechanisms more robust. It was mainly things to make production easier thus bring the costs down.
We lifted the bottom of the ball guides to allow more light to shine onto the playfield.
Added a hypersleep chamber ball lock at the top left corner.
Re designed the back box and pc completely.
Changed the sliding rails.
Reduced the number of posts needed.
Designed a new trough and launcher.
Made maintenance easier by making it easier to remove things. New finish on the ramps.
And a few other things but all this is from the top of my head, its been a while since i worked on this game and made another since lol
Hope this info helps.

I departed the company before they launched the game, so some things may have changed when i handed the game over to them too.
Full throttle and Alien were my first games, i worked with barry and dave on those, they gave me a 2d cad layout and i did the rest in 3d and taking all that to manufacturing. With the new Alien I tweaked what we had at heighway with rogers daily input on the project so thats how that game came to be. I hope u all enjoy it! We worked hard enoug

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Some good information pulled from the comments from the fantastic unboxing video by Retrocengo.
This is from James Rees
Glad u liked it man! I designed mostly everything u see physically except for the artwork/electronics as well as the heighway version too. The second one we did, we did so much better, so nice to see this video
we worked it pretty much from the ground up again:
Made simpler flippers.
re designed the platforms/ramps to make assembly easier.
Changed the cabinet to a more traditional one.
Made the mechanisms more robust. It was mainly things to make production easier thus bring the costs down.
We lifted the bottom of the ball guides to allow more light to shine onto the playfield.
Added a hypersleep chamber ball lock at the top left corner.
Re designed the back box and pc completely.
Changed the sliding rails.
Reduced the number of posts needed.
Designed a new trough and launcher.
Made maintenance easier by making it easier to remove things. New finish on the ramps.
And a few other things but all this is from the top of my head, its been a while since i worked on this game and made another since lol
Hope this info helps.
I departed the company before they launched the game, so some things may have changed when i handed the game over to them too.
Full throttle and Alien were my first games, i worked with barry and dave on those, they gave me a 2d cad layout and i did the rest in 3d and taking all that to manufacturing. With the new Alien I tweaked what we had at heighway with rogers daily input on the project so thats how that game came to be. I hope u all enjoy it! We worked hard enoug

I thought Dennis Nordman did most of the design on Alien. Is he talking about the modifications on the remake?

#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I thought Dennis Nordman did most of the design on Alien. Is he talking about the modifications on the remake?

From what I recall, I thought Nordman did the original Alien design but this was changed a fair bit by Dave and the Heighway team

Edit: Here's a link https://www.pinballnews.com/news/nordmanheighway.html if interested

#3540 2 years ago

I'm truly honored to read all your amazing comments of my Alien unboxing video part 1.
In the mean time, I filmed more, making part 2 looking closer at the audio issue.

Please help me by sharing this video, i hope everyone that watched part 1, also watches part 2

Thank you guys

#3541 2 years ago

Thanks for the update, nice to see your audio issue was corrected simply by just swapping 2 misplaced wire connections. Well done.

Now I'm thinking an external sub might be redundant if the internal woofer is actually shaking the whole pin just from moving air, that's a shaker's job!

Amazing the sound is that good with just onboard audio making the external amp unnecessary.

On an unrelated note, in your next video would you just say, "Get to the chopper!" I just want to hear it once.

#3542 2 years ago

Great to see that was so easily fixed. The sound is amazing on Alien. David Thiel imo is basically John Williams of pinball, I have three of his games.

#3543 2 years ago

Nice update!! Getting very excited now.

#3544 2 years ago

Nice nice nice.

Order for my SV is out, so I'm in.

#3545 2 years ago

game looks to bein good shape for an early version .. appreciate the candid comments of the video host and the willingness to show good and bad aspects of the experience.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

I'm truly honored to read all your amazing comments of my Alien unboxing video part 1.
In the mean time, I filmed more, making part 2 looking closer at the audio issue.
Please help me by sharing this video, i hope everyone that watched part 1, also watches part 2
Thank you guys

Love your honest part two review...it's like if Arnold himself was a pin guy. Besides some switches not registering and the ball launch glitch my main concern is the zeno mech not snatching balls consistently. As the main toy they should code tweak the zeno to react more to the target hits. Meaning more mouth movement and more magnet flinging of the ball. Of course the eating of the ball needs to happen when it should as well.

On a side note can you show the purpose of the sentry guns and how the player can interact with that feature. There has got to be a reason why it's there instead of the playfield screen. Besides the obvious reason.

#3547 2 years ago

My waiting a year thing is fading by the minute. Damn it.

#3548 2 years ago

Great stuff man! Seems like the game needs some tweaking but overall was really impressed. You must have started ambush like 3 times and the Xeno only grabbed the ball once. Shouldn’t it do it every time ambush starts? Did you adjust those switches because it seemed to play better, no more ball searches later in the video. Agree, ball search should start quicker. I also agree with your comment, START MAKING PREDATOR NOW!! GET TO THE CHOPPA!

#3549 2 years ago

I'm sure I would have seen this posted but have they set limits to the amounts they are making? SV's

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Love your honest part two review...it's like if Arnold himself was a pin guy. Besides some switches not registering and the ball launch glitch my main concern is the zeno mech not snatching balls consistently. As the main toy they should code tweak the zeno to react more to the target hits. Meaning more mouth movement and more magnet flinging of the ball. Of course the eating of the ball needs to happen when it should as well.
On a side note can you show the purpose of the sentry guns and how the player can interact with that feature. There has got to be a reason why it's there instead of the playfield screen. Besides the obvious reason.

Guys, seriously I do read all your comments, and smile in every one of them, THANK YOU!! from the bottom of my heart. Yes the game needs fed tweaks, but most new games does that, if you are into film experience and moments in pinball, this pin is a great purchase, is slow and fast action paced, its dark, but new updates lights the playfield so nice, the sound THE SOUND is like nothing else, masterpiece. Im not that much on pinside sorry, use my YouTube to communicate, any more questions/requests/idea are welcome there i read ALL comments there.
Thank you for watching, i will try to film more in a month or so, when i have palyed the pin some more

Retrocengo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,999 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/71?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.