20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Unfortunately game 5 has a horrific playfield failure that you haven’t told us what the cause of or tackled effectively compared to other issues by the other manufacturers mentioned.
Neil.

6468952 (resized).jpg6468952 (resized).jpg
#252 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Unfortunately game 5 has a horrific playfield failure that you haven’t told us what the cause of or tackled effectively compared to other issues by the other manufacturers mentioned.
Neil.

? Details?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kaneda got a little ahead of himself - made some definitive statements that in hindsight he should of held off on unless he could corroborate the rumor himself. It appears he's course correcting and going forward he will indicate rumor only.
Here's the thing, the guy is obviously passionate and excited to report information he hears (even to his own detriment). I personally enjoy hearing his opinions even if I don't always agree with him. I also love hearing about rumors even if they aren't true. It's just dumb excitement. Nothing more.
Will this alien thing happen? Who knows - it sure does sound silly and unrealistic. Seems like some lessons learned here which will make the show only better. I don't anticipate him stopping the podcast or getting tattoos either and some people will be mad that he "broke his word". To that, I understand but I would only remind those that we're talking about a fucking pinball podcast and to relax.
cheers.

Agreed, good points!

CNN does it every day!

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

basically a playfield defect that means big chips are being gouged out of the playfield near the star posts. Look on the TNA forum. But from what I've been able to figure out 300 odd of the 550 games have this failure. The "solution" is to put rubber washers under the starposts, which doesn't fix the existing damage which I believe will get worse. I don't like to have a beef with anyone but in this instance there has not been transparency on the cause of the issue, nor what games are affected.

But if you have a TNA that's numbers >~60-~450< there is a high degree you have this problem and I strongly advise getting the washers. Although in my view without transparency around the cause I'm concerned that other defects in the playfield will occur... my TNA has a big chip gouged out of the playfield that looks horrific. If this was Stern or JJP there would be rioting in the streets...

Cheers,
Neil.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No you aren’t.
Announcing drains is a moderatable offense!
Am I allowed to tell you there’s an ignore button if your not interested in my wisdom?

He didnt announce a drain, he told you that its available since this topic is so upsetting to you.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He didnt announce a drain, he told you that its available since this topic is so upsetting to you.

Take it to PM!

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

basically a playfield defect that means big chips are being gouged out of the playfield near the star posts. Look on the TNA forum. But from what I've been able to figure out 300 odd of the 550 games have this failure. The "solution" is to put rubber washers under the starposts, which doesn't fix the existing damage which I believe will get worse. I don't like to have a beef with anyone but in this instance there has not been transparency on the cause of the issue, nor what games are affected.
But if you have a TNA that's numbers &gt;~60-~450&lt; there is a high degree you have this problem and I strongly advise getting the washers. Although in my view without transparency around the cause I'm concerned that other defects in the playfield will occur... my TNA has a big chip gouged out of the playfield that looks horrific. If this was Stern or JJP there would be rioting in the streets...
Cheers,
Neil.

Yes, thanks for the update.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm sure he'll live stream it as well. Is there anything that guy won't do for attention?

(edited)

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Take it to PM!

Block me!

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Some people understand better than others how to drum up attention for themselves and in the pinball World Kanada does that for a living.

How is it that KLOV and the arcade side has managed to pretty well purge this self-important narcissist from its collective memory but he can still whip Pinside into a lather with a twitch of his pinkie?

Quit feeding this guy's need for attention.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

How is it that KLOV and the arcade side has managed to pretty well purge this self-important narcissist from its collective memory but he can still whip Pinside into a lather with a twitch of his pinkie?

Because there are many more uneducated buffoons here.

#262 5 years ago

Alien is designed as a wide body game and won't work in a standard body. It will probably never happen which is a shame as it is a GREAT game.

Will be playing it tonight and trying to beat my 270m high score. Still learning the rules and would love this to be manufactured again (obviously by someone competent).

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Alien is designed as a wide body game and won't work in a standard body. It will probably never happen which is a shame as it is a GREAT game.
Will be playing it tonight and trying to beat my 270m high score. Still learning the rules and would love this to be manufactured again (obviously by someone competent).

I believe the rumor is that they are going to put it into a Bally Williams Widebody. The only company working with Bally/Williams is CGC which is likely why CGC was named.

Considering CGC can't even get MBrLE out to the owners right now, it's really hard to understand how it's them and if it is, these customers waiting for theirs have every right to be pissed. If it's not them, who else has the experience and abilities to leverage the Williams/Bally specs/design?

All I know is that Ice is 100% confident about this and appears to be the only one willing to speak up about it. If this is actually true, check off ICE as being the pinball insider of the decade b/c NO ONE saw this coming. I'm excited to find out.

#264 5 years ago

Very entertaining thread to say the least

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

All I know is that Ice is 100% confident about this and appears to be the only one willing to speak up about it. If this is actually true, check off ICE as being the pinball insider of the decade b/c NO ONE saw this coming. I'm excited to find out

Did ICE start this thread? Pretty sure it only exists because of Kaneda being the first to speak up about it yesterday. I don't recall ICE giving this so called insider info before then unless it was in another thread.

#266 5 years ago

My best game was getting to all out war on ball three of a five ball game.

I wish the rumor of more Alien games being made was true so more could play and own one. Too many obstacles though, this pipe dream will never leave the runway.

#267 5 years ago

Is LIONMAN Pinball going to make a My Three Sons game?

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Did ICE start this thread? Pretty sure it only exists because of Kaneda being the first to speak up about it yesterday. I don't recall ICE giving this so called insider info before then unless it was in another thread.

Which begs the question - who was Kanada's source for this rumor??

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well here is what I will tell you. A friend in my pinball league has one and hopefully I will get to flip it at his next hosted tournament, then if a company builds more, I might think about buying one, and if it's CGC, hopefully I will have my Monster Bash by then to play while waiting on it.

Pinballs.com has MBRLE in stock ready to ship. Call Mike DaDonna #1.

5961AF6A-0D36-466C-AE48-6D215CB69F50 (resized).jpeg5961AF6A-0D36-466C-AE48-6D215CB69F50 (resized).jpeg
#270 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pinballs.com has MBRLE in stock ready to ship. Call Mike DaDonna #1.
[quoted image]

I've tried to call Mike twice and left two messages. Never got a call back. Was looking at a WOZ. Not a good vibe if they can't even get back to me to buy a pin, makes me feel like trying to get help after the sale would be impossible.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

No he didn't start the thread - he's the only one 100% confident it's happening though no? Anyone else 100% confident it's happening? Anyone else taking bets with other pinsiders that Alien is being 100% remade? No

ICE is 100% confident. If ICE is right, he gets "pinsider insider" of the decade. I like the sound of that.

#272 5 years ago

+1 for "Pinsider Insider"

#273 5 years ago

And if he's wrong, does he get the Pinsider Insideher?

#274 5 years ago

Hmm, just remembered that Mirco announced a couple of weeks ago that he is selling the rest of Alien playfields for $750. He would not need them anymore, if the manufacturing was moved to USA...

#275 5 years ago

All these rumors and speculation are exciting. It would be very interesting if alien can/will be manufactured again. I would definitely be a buyer if these are remade. If it all turns out to be false, it was still an interesting conversation

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've tried to call Mike twice and left two messages. Never got a call back. Was looking at a WOZ. Not a good vibe if they can't even get back to me to buy a pin, makes me feel like trying to get help after the sale would be impossible.

Have you tried Kingpin?

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have you tried Kingpin?

Not to digress any more, but yes my two usual distributors are Kingpin and FlipnOut. Neither had a NIB WOZ in stock which is what I was trying to find. At this point I'm just waiting for JJP to announce the next WOZ run or YBR WOZ or whatever so I can order one from Chris or Zach.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe the rumor is that they are going to put it into a Bally Williams Widebody. The only company working with Bally/Williams is CGC which is likely why CGC was named.
Considering CGC can't even get MBrLE out to the owners right now, it's really hard to understand how it's them and if it is, these customers waiting for theirs have every right to be pissed. If it's not them, who else has the experience and abilities to leverage the Williams/Bally specs/design?
All I know is that Ice is 100% confident about this and appears to be the only one willing to speak up about it. If this is actually true, check off ICE as being the pinball insider of the decade b/c NO ONE saw this coming. I'm excited to find out.

Aren't most of JJP's mechs using Bally/WMS hardware? As JJP has exclusively built widebody games, they would seem like the more logical choice.

Another option would be Deep Root - we know they *tried* to get the rights to re-produce Alien a while back, but were unsuccessful (at the time at least).

And of course there is an angle not being discussed where ICE/Kaneda could be correct and incorrect at the same time - a brand new Alien pinball design that has nothing to do with the Heighway version. Think about it - if Fox really wants to get a pinball made, they might shop the license around and a JJP/Stern might already have a shooting whitewood waiting on a killer theme like Alien.

I don't know. I think I'm the only Alien owner that doesn't have inside information.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Aren't most of JJP's mechs using Bally/WMS hardware? As JJP has exclusively built widebody games, they would seem like the more logical choice.

DI is a standard body game.

Also, this thread sucks.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not to digress any more, but yes my two usual distributors are Kingpin and FlipnOut. Neither had a NIB WOZ in stock which is what I was trying to find. At this point I'm just waiting for JJP to announce the next WOZ run or YBR WOZ or whatever so I can order one from Chris or Zach.

f3honda4me
Have you tried Pinballs.com
Their web site shows they still have some left.

#281 5 years ago

Seriously don't believe what you read or hear from Pinballs.com

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

f3honda4me
Have you tried Pinballs.com
Their web site shows they still have some left.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Think about it - if Fox really wants to get a pinball made,

I don't think Fox gives a shit.

#284 5 years ago

You mean Disney...

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Which begs the question - who was Kanada's source for this rumor??

His bunghole.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Want a conspiracy theory? Here's one I just thought up off the top of my head. The K-man has always hated Andrew, and Heighway pinball, and had dogged on Alien any chance he gets. So maybe he didn't like seeing where the market price was headed for the games, and floated this rumor to squash "Alien Pinflation". I'd bet he'd be butt-hurt if an Alien ever sold for more than his precious Magic Girl.
[disclaimer] I've met Chris, been on his podcast, and in person he's not a bad guy (as long as he's reasonably sober).

Yes, or he created the hype on BS rumors just to win the twipy award this weekend for best podcast

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Yes, or he created the hype on BS rumors just to win the twipy award this weekend for best podcast

Ummm...voting for that ended over a month ago.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

he's the only one 100% confident it's happening though no? Anyone else 100% confident it's happening?

Kaneda was confident on his podcast. ICE is just betting he is correct.

Quoted from delt31:

anyone else taking bets with other pinsiders that Alien is being 100% remade? No
ICE is 100% confident. If ICE is right, he gets "pinsider insider" of the decade. I like the sound of that.

FFS he bet a case of beer. Really sticking his neck out there if he is wrong.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ive purchased from them. It was a good experience.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Kaneda was confident on his podcast. ICE is just betting he is correct.

FFS he bet a case of beer. Really sticking his neck out there if he is wrong.

Hey chooch - you saying it's 100%? Until then walk away until this unfolds one way or the other.

ICE's putting it out there 100% and if it doesn't happen his credibility takes a major hit no doubt. On the flip side it's pinsider insider award of the year if it hits..... Something I'm not going to forget bc in a forum where people talk about everything and anything guess what? ICE is the ONLY pinsider saying it's 100. Let's see.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Mike=Automated=has in stock, great guy!!

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mike=Automated=has in stock, great guy!!

Quoted from xbmanx:

Moot point. I can’t buy from them if they won’t return my call lol.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Call and ask for Mike. It is rare that I can’t get him right away. Bought four pins from him, excellent service, went the extra mile for me when an MMR was damaged in shipping.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Very, very odd...They always answer...you can reach his daughter if he's not around

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Call and ask for Mike. It is rare that I can’t get him right away. Bought four pins from him, excellent service, went the extra mile for me when an MMR was damaged in shipping.

I have twice. Both times she said he was unavailable and I left a message with her to call me about buying a WOZ.

#296 5 years ago

If you don’t buy into the hype, I have a lead on an alien for sale near me..

#297 5 years ago

I can tell you with absolute certainty, if they are being made anytime soon. It isn’t with the original hardware. (I/O Boards, Jaw/Tongue, Computer).

Those manufacturers confirmed today, they haven’t received any orders.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I can tell you with absolute certainty, if they are being made anytime soon. It isn’t with the original hardware. (I/O Boards, Jaw/Tongue, Computer).

If it wld be remade many things wld be redesigned so no surprise there...

#299 5 years ago

My fake news thread was better.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

If CGC were redesigning the widebody cabinet, cabinet art, backbox, backbox art, mechanisms, pc, boards and wire harnesses, which it sounds like they would be doing per the current rumor, then what’s left? Only the playfield, software, video and sound/music. Why redesign everything around an existing playfield, only to redesign 99% and still end with a widebody?

If the rumor had been ... Alien was licensed for a new version of the pinball machine, I might have believed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

9,799 (OBO)
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/6?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.