20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 82.
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nope....connectivity issues=100% fail point and agreed. Issue was brought up....again, easy fix. Mini ribbon cable.

Which is a fail point. It wasn’t just falling out but the cable was fragile, the casing/mounts did not support it and the junctions well... and many people had to replace their screens in part due to it.

High failure item due to how it was integrated.

#3402 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also highly doubt the more expensive version is anything more than cosmetic upgrades.

Yeah I don't think for a second they r putting a screen in the PF. I also think that's a long ways off anyway. The standard has to prove itself. With 1? in the wild we are just getting started here.

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which is a fail point. It wasn’t just falling out but the cable was fragile, the casing/mounts did not support it and the junctions well... and many people had to replace their screens in part due to it.
High failure item due to how it was integrated.

Integration is my job as you're aware, as I'm aware of yours to degree...the thin lacquered ribbon is commonplace ( JJPPOTC apron, etc.) not just to pinball. Support is the solution as everything breaks, needs updating, care, etc. Designs, hardware, etc. are constantly being updated as first release of vaporware is almost always shit..

Not worth the bandwidth...I WANT this version to succeed so more can enjoy it, but unless there is a true factory support structure in place ( like JJP, Stern, etc.) then keeping these value engineered versions alive is going to be tough, period.

No way they could have built, upgraded, supported the original at a price point they could turn #'s. Can't minimize the efforts of those that did what a missing factory couldn't. Does not make it an inferior game by any stretch...

On to the new...

#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Yes do this, but he left out "then walk urself right into oncoming traffic"

well its less typing, and that's never a bad thing. But calling someone Brah is just plain sad. Not really comparable at all to short form typing. Now time to discuss a plague, a travesty that has almost no equal. Look at it and don't look away.
[quoted image]

Look homeslice, your statements are really making me think the reasons you hate slangs is because your reeking entitlement has culled all of your bruhs.

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

then keeping these value engineered versions alive is going to be tough, period.

This is my main concern with this pin. Its the reason (while very difficult) that I'm gonna give it at least a year.

Quoted from Kare9:

Look homeslice, your statements are really making me think the reasons you hate slangs is because your reeking entitlement has culled all of your bruhs.

Of course u think that, that's easier than the reality.
I've never been culled. I've culled before due to the "Cable Guy effect" but the main circle of friends I have would never say Brah or wear sandals and feel the same way I do. The only reason u think this is strange and out of place is because most people would never verbalize it.

#3406 2 years ago

This is my main concern with this pin. Its the reason, while very difficult, that I'm gonna give at least a year.

I've never been culled. I've culled before due to the "Cable Guy effect" but the main circle of friends I have would never say Brah or wear sandals and feel the same way I do. The only reason u think this is strange and out of place is because most people would never verbalize it.

What if you called them flip flops, would that help?

#3407 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What if you called them flip flops, would that help?

Nope, in fact much worse.

#3408 2 years ago

Nope, in fact much worse.

Convertable shoes?

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

I haven't heard the expression "homeslice" in years. You don't average 20 posts a year and you drop homeslice on us.

#3410 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:Convertable shoes?

How about Fruity Foot wear? no wait. Shit shoes.

#3411 2 years ago

How about Fruity Foot wear? no wait. Shit shoes.

We dont like smelly feet in AZ. Let those puppies breathe!

#3412 2 years ago

This is definitely a case of projection like when the politician who writes all the anti-gay legislation gets caught in the act. Dude def wants to suck some man toes. Don't deny your feelings man, yolo brah.

I wear boots 12-16 hours a day when I'm on shift I'll be goddamned if I'm not going to treat my beautiful feet to some open air on my days off.

#3413 2 years ago

This is my main concern with this pin. Its the reason (while very difficult) that I'm gonna give it at least a year.

Mostly I hear this kind of shit from out of shape losers. You know the really insufferable types with "everyone thinks like me" and "my way or the highway" verbage.

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Mostly I hear this kind of shit from out of shape losers. You know the really insufferable types with "everyone thinks like me" and "my way or the highway" verbage.

Please don't use the term"heighway" in this thread. It offends me.

#3415 2 years ago

Quoted from brado426:

Please don't use the word "heighway" in this thread. It offends me.

MEH, I deleted my post, it's not my style to hate on a brah like that. I wish my countryman would realize that his distain for birks could eventually cause a missed opportunity to connect with someone, and it really is his problem. I hope he finds the promised land and becomes a big lebowski worshipper.

#3416 2 years ago

Interestingly enough....I got this in my email today.

sandals (resized).JPGsandals (resized).JPG
#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Why are listening to out of shape losers? I know everyone doesn't think like me, most don't. "my way or the highway" where do u get that. Let me take a guess, the out of shape line, as ridiculous as it is would lend me to believe ex athelete who maybe still plays in old timer leagues, baseball hat, hockey jersey, shorts with flip flops and lots of "Dude. Now go home and get ur fucking Flip Flop shine box.

Quoted from Chalkey:

This is definitely a case of projection like when the politician who writes all the anti-gay legislation gets caught in the act. Dude def wants to suck some man toes. Don't deny your feelings man, yolo brah.

U see what's happening here. Whos saying u cant take ur shoes off? All I've said is sandals/flipflops on a man look ridiculous and they do. Somehow u guys want to justify it, if ur so comfortable with it then what do u care what I think? Cause its been brought to ur attention, for the first time maybe in ur life that its hideous.

#3418 2 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

I wish my countryman would realize that his distain for birks could eventually cause a missed opportunity to connect with someone, and it really is his problem. I hope he finds the promised land and becomes a big lebowski worshipper.

I'm a fan of The Big Lebowski, but u sir have blown ur cover. "Connect with someone" ? Ah go see a Phish concert.

#3419 2 years ago

Why is "you" so hard to spell out?

#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Integration is my job as you're aware, as I'm aware of yours to degree...the thin lacquered ribbon is commonplace ( JJPPOTC apron, etc.) not just to pinball.

I'm not saying it can't be done - I'm addressing the people doubting the failures the PF screen had in the prior build. They were real.

The mount and cable integration done here was a high failure point. Could it be done differently? Of course. But those that continue to doubt screen failures are just whitewashing history.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Don't know but he'd be grounded if he was in my house broseph.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That is a symptom of tight sandals!

Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm not saying it can't be done - I'm addressing the people doubting the failures the PF screen had in the prior build. They were real.
The mount and cable integration done here was a high failure point. Could it be done differently? Of course. But those that continue to doubt screen failures are just whitewashing history.

Seems like a lot of us have zero problems with this one. I replaced the DVI cable for minor glitches, made sure the plastic window was level, like on Congo/Lebowski/Creature, and put some mylar over the edge. No problems at all.

#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know, could be the GD concerts and dreamy eyed screwball acid trips. Maybe u should have studied a little harder in school. I mean its only 3 letters. let me help. The Y is right beside T and the O just left of the P, fear not cause the U is in the same area, just a little left.............there u go, u did it. y o u
YOU.

#3424 2 years ago

Thank u.

#3425 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Seems like a lot of us have zero problems with this one. I replaced the DVI cable for minor glitches, made sure the plastic window was level, like on Congo/Lebowski/Creature, and put some mylar over the edge. No problems at all.

Congrats - you win the phrase of the day - 'anecdotal evidence'

Your experience does not define everyones.

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Congrats - you win the phrase of the day - 'anecdotal evidence'
Your experience does not define everyones.

Likewise, your experience does not represent us all. My one experience is good, as are many others. Perhaps this is an early build versus late build issue, not sure.

#3427 2 years ago

I have a feeling that regardless of the new Alien...regardless how good or bad your experience was with a OG Alien... you are probably still going to need to get your hands dirty if you get the new one. I betcha its not going to be plug and play, and I think its going to require some twerking to get things working right on a regular basis.
Just my two cents.

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

twerking to get things working

Twerking?? What kind of OG are you talking about?

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Same experience here. Zero problems with the playfield screen on my OG LE, no chipping at all zero issues. I have read a lot of the thousands of posts and can only recollect two owners with this problem so actually a low percentage even in just a few hundres games

#3430 2 years ago

In other news...

Screenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210422-155004 (resized).png
#3431 2 years ago

holy sheet!

#3432 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

In other news...
[quoted image]

Inside the cabinet pictures please!

#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Inside the cabinet pictures please!

Not mine. It belongs to Ayce Gogi in southern California. I'm just reposting it.

#3434 2 years ago

Yall think that's one of the cointaker samples?

#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Likewise, your experience does not represent us all. My one experience is good, as are many others. Perhaps this is an early build versus late build issue, not sure.

Dude the threads are there if you looked or were here for it all.

#3436 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude the threads are there if you looked or were here for it all.

which owners' are you referring to? I notice you don't and never have owned an OG

#3437 2 years ago

Why are listening to out of shape losers? I know everyone doesn't think like me, most don't. "my way or the highway" where do u get that. Let me take a guess, the out of shape line, as ridiculous as it is would lend me to believe ex athelete who maybe still plays in old timer leagues, baseball hat, hockey jersey, shorts with flip flops and lots of "Dude. Now go home and get ur fucking Flip Flop shine box.

U see what's happening here. Whos saying u cant take ur shoes off? All I've said is sandals/flipflops on a man look ridiculous and they do. Somehow u guys want to justify it, if ur so comfortable with it then what do u care what I think? Cause its been brought to ur attention, for the first time maybe in ur life that its hideous.

I look at dudes at the beach, or out on a hot day, wearing tennis shoes and think they are ridiculous. Why do that to yourself!

And for sure they have smelly ass feet!

#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

In other news...

This is officially #1 according to different post on FB. I wonder how many other prominent CT customers are going to cut in line.

Alien (resized).pngAlien (resized).png

#3439 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

This is officially #1 according to different post on FB. I wonder how many other prominent CT customers are going to cut in line.
[quoted image]

Yeah kinda figured this would happen and am told that two got drop shipped direct (probably to VIPs like Ayce Gogi) with 4 more coming to Cointaker “any day” and the next 22 by sea. I’m a little pissed but I know how these things work. There were a ton of good customers that got preferential treatment on R&M with early orders getting bumped into the 100+ range.

Hope we get some good video and pics from Ayce Gogi on Friday. Maybe Karl Deangelo can do a remote stream - that would be awesome!

#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

4 more coming to Cointaker “any day” and the next 22 by sea.

22? Why not full containers?

#3441 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

22? Why not full containers?

They had to save room for the stowaway alien lifeforms.

#3442 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

which owners' are you referring to? I notice you don't and never have owned an OG

Just because its not in my collection?

Don’t assume.... some of the biggest save alien efforts were within my immediate circle. How many aliens have you had your hands in or setup? I can count at least 7

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But those that continue to doubt screen failures are just whitewashing history.

Was there for all of it. Screen failures were minimal and easy fix. Why you insist on bashing the game is beyond me. New version ( standard, LV, whatever) won't have a PF screen, and has nothing to do w reliability, but rather cost savings, along w other VE measures.

The community is excited for a new, affordable Alien that will be supported by a factory ( yet PB doesn't actually make the game) period.

Pick on another new game that had mech or other problems.( pretty much every machine that is released).Wait...they have factory fking support....Aliens in the states for the most part were rehashed early revs ( yes even from CT) that just kept getting flipped w " zero" problems, hence the actual problems were never addressed, but rather just passed to the next unknowing buyer.

Those are the ones in the community I have zero respect for.

I have no problem w you ( like it matters) but good grief, let it go, or take it up w the factory.

( if you can delineate prior vs current company you are whitewashing much, much more than a pf screen issue btw).

Timeout on my useless posts, and look forward to unboxings, gameplay, and insight to under the hood.

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was there for all of it. Screen failures were minimal and easy fix. Why you insist on bashing the game is beyond me. New version ( standard, LV, whatever) won't have a PF screen, and has nothing to do w reliability, but rather cost savings,

Yes, I never had any single issue with center screen too.

#3445 2 years ago

Does anyone know the dimensions for the Alien game? Head width, cabinet width and length?
I am trying to determine where the game can fit!

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't agree more...... Let's bring this to the club thread. People who want to talk about and get hyped for the new alien should follow. This thread is toxic.

Nice try my friend but the OG thread is located here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

It has over 550 posts and no toxicity, why create yet another thread just to confuse everybody?

#3447 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was there for all of it. Screen failures were minimal and easy fix. Why you insist on bashing the game is beyond me.

da faq are you on about? I'm not bashing anything - just correcting the falsehood that the screens were never a problem. Yes they were and yes it was an easy fix in the field because the parts were easily sourced - never said otherwise. Yet some people insist on saying they were never a problem item to start with - that's what instigated the reply.

Some people just insist on acting like nothing was ever wrong with the game - even after they spent countless hours fixing them or stocking up on alternate or spare parts, etc.. and then act like none of it happened. That's bullshit... and so when same people keep doubting the reasons for change it's comical.

I look forward to seeing the guts of the new alien and how they hold up. It's such an amazing game that has been held back by its past engineering. I want to see Alien that we can play without worrying about it all the time and even put on location. I want my friend to get the recognition for the amazing title he created. But I'm not going to whitewash history to make that happen.

#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice try my friend but the OG thread is located here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club
It has over 550 posts and no toxicity, why create yet another thread just to confuse everybody?

Your thread was labeled pre order. If it was an attempted club thread, it would have been shut down bc you can't create a club thread until the machine actually ships. But you know that.

Now that they have shipped and we didn't have a club thread, I created one. Your attempt to rename your original months old thread to be something else is actually a violation of the rules. Might be best to change it back to the original title to avoid confusion although I suspect it will be shut down anyway if you don't do so proactively.

Now why I check this thread is the better question. I saw 70+ posts and thought it was someone posting pics so I had to check. But no it's just the same ol OG posters pointing fingers and postering. Yawn.

#3449 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I look at dudes at the beach, or out on a hot day, wearing tennis shoes and think they are ridiculous. Why do that to yourself!

And for sure they have smelly ass feet!

First off stop looking at "dudes at the beach" That sounds like a really bad film that I never want to see.

#3450 2 years ago

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here, unboxing and a quick review:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/69?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.