20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 82.
#3351 3 years ago

30 new posts since I last read, oh wow someone has received their pin and is talking about it.

Hmm nope.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What’s an XV version??

I asked melissa and there

Quoted from Durzel:

30 new posts since I last read, oh wow someone has received their pin and is talking about it.
Hmm nope.

I thought the same thing LOL. It’s so weird that somebody hasn’t done it in deep dive on the game yet? How about pinball news?

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I thought the same thing LOL. It’s so weird that somebody hasn’t done it in deep dive on the game yet? How about pinball news?

No games delivered in the US yet (apart from the sample that Cointaker has) and only 1 in France that is linked from the PB Facebook page.

Hopefully in the next week or two...

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'll promise you this, if I think about you next time I'm putting on my shorts I'm quitting Pinside for good. Life's too short for that shit.

Why? a lot of older men have a change of heart as they age. Nothing wrong with that, u think about whoever u want while putting on what I now am assuming are short shorts? I promise u one thing however, I'm not sending u any revealing pictures, not for free anyway. Ok I had my fun today, back to Alien. Oh wait

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

No games delivered in the US yet (apart from the sample that Cointaker has) and only 1 in France that is linked from the PB Facebook page.
Hopefully in the next week or two...

I'm still waiting for that video that Melissa said she would post after her vacation last month

#3356 3 years ago

Torch this thread.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Oh boy... these posts have become so idiotic. I'm so anxious to get my Alien Pinball Machine.... not so I can play it... but so I don't have to read this thread anymore looking for updates.

These posts have indeed become idiotic........ and it's awesome!!! A nice distraction from.......everything.

QSS

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Have you considered taking a break from the internet, brah?

I do need a break from a lot of the morons on the internet. Good suggestion. I guess I don't need to state the obvious with you saying "brah"

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I do need a break from a lot of the morons on the internet. Good suggestion. I guess I don't need to state the obvious with you saying "brah"

If the word brah is so painful, I cant imagine how you would react when a real problem came around. Try not to take yourself, and life, so seriously.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If the word brah is so painful, I cant imagine how you would react when a real problem came around. Try not to take yourself, and life, so seriously.

Exactly. Put on some shorts and flops...pour yourself a drink and jam to some GD.

#3361 3 years ago

Siri, give me a definition of "Brah"...

"Brah, or with the the inclusive prefix, 'Hey, brah', is a slang term derived as the more pretentious version of the shortened 'bro', which itself was a shortened version and has been cast as a negative cultural appropriation of 'brother', an African American term of camaraderie and endearment. When used in a casual manner by self inflated forum trolls, it has been known to cause the immediate deployment of the inner earlid, a soft fleshy membrane that is a recent genetic mutation, thought to be brought on as a purely biological defensive reaction to the term's ubiquitous over-use."

Thanks, Siri...

#3362 3 years ago

Looks cool, that upper right side flipper just seems so awkward, glad they added the staging magnet for it.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Especially considering I intentionally used a word in jest, pinball is super serious business.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Especially considering I intentionally used a word in jest, pinball is super serious business.

Clearly you're a lesser man if you use slang terms on the internet. Spelling the word you as u though, that's perfectly acceptable. /s

#3365 3 years ago
dont mean to brag puzzle (resized).jpgdont mean to brag puzzle (resized).jpg
#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Exactly. Put on some shorts and flops...pour yourself a drink and jam to some GD.

Yes do this, but he left out "then walk urself right into oncoming traffic"

Quoted from Kare9:

Clearly you're a lesser man if you use slang terms on the internet. Spelling the word you as u though, that's perfectly acceptable.

well its less typing, and that's never a bad thing. But calling someone Brah is just plain sad. Not really comparable at all to short form typing. Now time to discuss a plague, a travesty that has almost no equal. Look at it and don't look away.

CLASSIC-SLA-M_XXX (resized).jpgCLASSIC-SLA-M_XXX (resized).jpg
#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Yes do this, but he left out "then walk urself right into oncoming traffic"

well its less typing, and that's never a bad thing. But calling someone Brah is just plain sad. Not really comparable at all to short form typing. Now time to discuss a plague, a travesty that has almost no equal. Look at it and don't look away.
[quoted image]

Did you notice that they placed the brand name upside down? That is so when someone asks “Hey, who makes those shoes you are wearing?” the wearer just has to look down at them and can read the name.

#3368 3 years ago

I'll sport some crocs while I play the new Alien.

bruh.

#3369 3 years ago

I highly recommend this dope ass comic to everyone who is not a Canadian fascist

20210421_141258.jpg20210421_141258.jpg
#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I highly recommend this dope ass comic to everyone who is not a Canadian fascist
[quoted image]

Dude, u r cracking me up!

#3371 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Thanks for proving my point, have a look at those things. I mean its fine I guess if ur trying to jump start a vomit. where's my hatchet?

#3372 3 years ago

Thanks for proving my point, have a look at those things. I mean its fine I guess if ur trying to jump start a vomit. where's my hatchet?

Is your intense dislike for shorts and sandals a religious thing, like you need to be wearing your magic Mormon underwear? I just don't get it at all. How do you handle the beach, hot tubs, the pool at a hotel or travelling to anyplace warm?

#3373 3 years ago

I mean its fine I guess if ur trying to jump start a vomit. where's my hatchet?

Ok, regardless of where you stand on the sandals controversy, this made me laugh. Thanks for that.

#3374 3 years ago

How come PB won’t show inside the cabinet or backbox? Are there concerns?

Also hoping beyond hope they put screen in LV....heck even Haggis just did it (it appears)!

09C38E62-B4B7-4B0B-A4E4-E072F5553FA4 (resized).png09C38E62-B4B7-4B0B-A4E4-E072F5553FA4 (resized).png
#3375 3 years ago

Say what you will, but threads like these are why I still love to check in with Pinside these days. Harmless banter is always a good distraction from life.

Mr Humungus is correct. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to see men in sandals or flip flops.

#3376 3 years ago

You would be hard pressed to find a more adorable pair of feet on a pinball forum. Although perhaps I could have used a filter.

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Also hoping beyond hope they put screen in LV....heck even Haggis just did it (it appears)![quoted image]

I agree on why are they not showing detailed pics on the inside?

However, I am not as crazy for a playfield screen. This game is already shaky on reliability. I prefer to play my machines then fixing them.. Just my opinion on that..lol

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Mr Humungus is correct. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to see men in sandals or flip flops.

There are certainly some dudes that should not wear anything that displays their nasty feet. Please do us all a favor and keep them covered!

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There are certainly some dudes that should not wear anything that displays their nasty feet. Please do us all a favor and keep them covered![quoted image]

Oh, Jesus christ! And just before dinner too.

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There are certainly some dudes that should not wear anything that displays their nasty feet. Please do us all a favor and keep them covered![quoted image]

Man, you are making me drool.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Dude looks like a lady...

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Quoted from kciaccio:

I agree on why are they not showing detailed pics on the inside?

Do any manufacturers really post pictures of the insides of their games as part of their marketing photos? Doesn't seem like PB is doing anything unusual in this regard. I just paged through the photo galleries of several other recent games from several other manufacturers, and none of them included shots inside the backbox, or raised playfield.

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Do any manufacturers really post pictures of the insides of their games as part of their marketing photos? Doesn't seem like PB is doing anything unusual in this regard. I just paged through the photo galleries of several other recent games from several other manufacturers, and none of them included shots inside the backbox, or raised playfield.

Good point.

Just figured that is they updated anything because of quality reasons, etc it might be an opportunity.

Guess time will tell.

(In fairness we know what to expect from other long term manufacturers - so no need to post their pinball guts! Lol)

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I think we wonder more on why Cointaker and the lucky person in France has not? Maybe they were told not to share by PB?

#3385 3 years ago

On PB Facebook not much in the backbox, everything must still be packed in the cabinet- computer, harddrive, I/O, etc

DA0B9239-2ECA-47C4-909E-2D5129EBCC69 (resized).pngDA0B9239-2ECA-47C4-909E-2D5129EBCC69 (resized).png
#3386 3 years ago

I don't understand the PB justification of the screen change being that there wasn't enough room in the backbox for the speakers...

Guess they're just leaving some meat on the bone for the LV upgrades.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I don't understand the PB justification of the screen change being that there wasn't enough room in the backbox for the speakers...
Guess they're just leaving some meat on the bone for the LV upgrades.

It's laughable. Sound on the OG Alien was profoundly good. And btw, are we really to believe they removed the PF LCD due to "chipping and art loss"??

#3388 3 years ago

Those speakers do look pretty tight in there.

The original alien playfields did have big problems with chipping and art loss but I think they were Mirco playfields.

#3389 3 years ago

They are clearly cutting costs to improve margins. Smart move, but it shows.

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am hoping they also did this to provide a decent variation between SV and LV.

Give the LV bigger screen, screen in playfield, etc for $2k plus difference.

Guess will find out later this year.

If the difference is not much between the 2 models that will support the cost cutting view .

#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bingo!....more logic injected in the thread (finally). I don't get the speaker choice though. We all went down the 6x9 car speaker approach a long time ago...they jusy don't sound as good as round ( get the audio guru books out to read why).

Quoted from Chalkey:

The original alien playfields did have big problems with chipping and art loss but I think they were Mirco playfields.

Mirco yes, chipping and art loss? Wrong Pinball company. Skinny posts, center screen and all, the playfields are incredibly resilent.

Time to stop comparing and (hopefully) just be grateful there are new Aliens to play at some point. It's good that some don't care about the screens, lit panels, etc. of the original. Can't buy a new OG....they don't exist.

Surely now that some have paid in full, there will be real games to look at soon in peoples gamerooms or on location and a legit review.....

#3392 3 years ago

I also highly doubt the more expensive version is anything more than cosmetic upgrades.

Maybe a legit backglass (hopefully)
Nice powder coat (hopefully)
Hi res, hi gloss cabinet art (hopefully different cabinet art too)
Oh and flippers that don’t feel like mush. Haha

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also highly doubt the more expensive version is anything more than cosmetic upgrades.

Stop immediately!!!...too much common sense being applied..

#3394 3 years ago

MK6PIN I have seen a few with bad art chipping off at the scoop edge but never anything at the screen.

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

MK6PIN I have seen a few with bad art chipping off at the scoop edge but never anything at the screen.

My original definitely chipped at the screen, but not at the scoop. I mylared over the entire screen edge as soon as the first chip occured. Heighway was supposed to replace my playfield because it chipped within the first week of owning it, but...well we know what happened to them.

#3396 3 years ago

Agree, anyone thinking the limited edition (if they make one) has the playfield screen is setting themselves up for disappointment.
PB already said they removed the playfield screen because of support issues (and cost no doubt), they would be hypocritical if they would turn around and offer it on the limited edition.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Quoted from Tsskinne:

My original definitely chipped at the screen, but not at the scoop. I mylared over the entire screen edge as soon as the first chip occured. Heighway was supposed to replace my playfield because it chipped within the first week of owning it, but...well we know what happened to them.

No doubt the possibility existed, but it was more the scoop itself not being seated properly on some games....everyone was very paranoid about the screen area chipping, but only recall it seen on a couple games, mainly because of the adjustment method ( poor). The screen itself cracking? Never saw that. All in the past now...

I think Alien got lucky w Mirco in that aspect, compared to what has been going on in recent years. Wasn't WOZECLE a Mirco?...I have one, skinny posts, still looks great.

Anyway, I wonder how you choose weapons on this version without the extra button? Will be cool to see what Brian sorted...

#3398 3 years ago

The wiring of the pf screen was a high failure point too

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The wiring of the pf screen was a high failure point too

Nope....connectivity issues=100% fail point and agreed. Issue was brought up....again, easy fix. Mini ribbon cable..

That, along w poor lacing of USB with strain relief accounted for the vast majority of issues w all the builds.

These were all due to lack of factory support, not the game itself.

Again, all in the past...let's see the new ones...

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is your intense dislike for shorts and sandals a religious thing, like you need to be wearing your magic Mormon underwear? I just don't get it at all. How do you handle the beach, hot tubs, the pool at a hotel or travelling to anyplace warm?

I think all religions are fairy tales, actually I know they are. Hot tubs? I never saw the appeal in it. I don't travel, very content at home, love the fall and winter, spring even but I hate hot humid weather. I mean I went all over the place when I was in my teens/20's but I don't really remember. Had a little too much fun I guess. Still am. Listen the same way u don't get my distain for man toes and I don't know how u can stomach it. Also its it really that strange? I know lots people including women who find it repulsive. This happens, like when u say something regarding how the WOZ is a fem theme and people attack. All that tells me is they are thinking about it. Is it fem? R people just being nice but wishing they had a chainsaw when someone, you, have ur flip flops on. Man, wear what u want. Just be aware if ur wear them to my house, its chainsaw time.

Ok that's enough. I just want to buy a new pin and right now its this or Godzilla.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/68?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.